Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stover4Prez

Black on Black! Let's Do This!

27 posts in this topic

lol, silly people thinking a uniform color will magically spark the players to tackle, be in position during plays, or block.

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1355940382' post='1270703']
lol, silly people thinking a uniform color will magically spark the players to tackle, be in position during plays, or block.
[/quote] you look good..

These are my favorite uniforms. Shows the mean side. We need and entrance like that college team that stands behind the entrance gate while ac/dc's hells bells plays in the back ground. Is pretty intimidating. Is it BYU ?

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1355940490' post='1270705']
you look good..
[/quote]

thanks, i need a hair cut but thats neither here nor there.

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1355940490' post='1270705']
you look good..
[/quote]

Ill try..

You play good?

[quote name='1/28/01' timestamp='1355940008' post='1270700']
[/quote]
[img]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/codyallanb14/44528049-C659-4EED-A7AF-6834DC9EB5DF-8730-00000C986B4A1064.jpg[/img]

That jersey thing is full of crap. You don't need a freaking jersey to get motivated to win a game. Heck, you shouldn't need a speech to get motivated in my opinion. Is it that hard to put on some shoulder pads and play winning football? Why do we need all that stupid pomp and circumstance?

[quote name='redlobster' timestamp='1355940382' post='1270703']
[/quote]no one thinks that . we just like the all black look we are ravens after all .

I saw this thread and would have bet money Perk started it.

Uniform color, whatever. I'm just sick of losing back to back games.

Black pants aren't going to win the game. But after the last 3, we need something to cheer about and they look cool. Didn't realize I was going to incite the fashion police!

And if you don't think this type of stuff gets a team jacked up at least a little I guess we should stop running out of the tunnel to music, having smoke and fireworks, letting Ray psych up the D before the game, or even have him dance.

It's exciting for the players, and exciting for the fans. After all, this is entertainment right?

Black on black.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355942354' post='1270753']
That jersey thing is full of crap. You don't need a freaking jersey to get motivated to win a game. Heck, you shouldn't need a speech to get motivated in my opinion. Is it that hard to put on some shoulder pads and play winning football? Why do we need all that stupid pomp and circumstance?
[/quote]

I agree.. you should probably stop cheering too. None of that yelling and wearing the team colors really does anything for the players on the field. So stupid. If everyone was quiet, it would be much easier for the players to hear the play calls. Music between plays should stop too. They are there to play, not dance. If they wanted to dance, they should have been on broadway, not the NFL. And the intros.... honestly. Waste of energy and natural gas. All that fire. Unnecessary.

Just show up and play football quietly. No pomp, No circumstance, No problem!!!

[size=1]go ravens [/size]

[quote name='Stover4Prez' timestamp='1355950067' post='1270859']
I agree.. you should probably stop cheering too. None of that yelling and wearing the team colors really does anything for the players on the field. So stupid. If everyone was quiet, it would be much easier for the players to hear the play calls. Music between plays should stop too. They are there to play, not dance. If they wanted to dance, they should have been on broadway, not the NFL. And the intros.... honestly. Waste of energy and natural gas. All that fire. Unnecessary.

Just show up and play football quietly. No pomp, No circumstance, No problem!!!

[size=1]go ravens [/size]
[/quote]

Good job at completely over blowing what I said! I didn't think that could be overblown, but good job! Lol. I criticized the need for uniforms and the need for speeches. They're both highly overrated.

Whatever helps fire Ray Lewis up even more and this might be his last game at home (doubt it though), JO went out with the All Black, Ray should do if that is his decision

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1355941109' post='1270722']
I approve this thread as will Perk. Black on white is weak
[/quote]
I thought this for the Pitts game.
Black out was the talk before the game and then they come out wearing the black on whites.
I know it doesn't matter...but it was definitely a bit of a let down.
Boy did we only know...

I see this as most definitely being the most emotionally charged game in our stadium for some while.
You guys remember last years Texans game. The crowd was just...meh. The emotion just wasn't there. It was weird.

There is a LOT of emotion leading up to this game. I see it being a charged crowd...good or bad!

[quote name='Alexir' timestamp='1355956615' post='1270991']
Whatever helps fire Ray Lewis up even more and this might be his last game at home (doubt it though), JO went out with the All Black, Ray should do if that is his decision
[/quote]

Not that it matters but in JO's last game we beat the Steelers wearing Purple.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355954687' post='1270952']
Good job at completely over blowing what I said! I didn't think that could be overblown, but good job! Lol. [u][b]I criticized the need for uniforms and the need for speeches. They're both highly overrated.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

and you play ball thinking like this? wow! c'mon Raven! :34853_shakehead:

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1356105727' post='1272578']
and you play ball thinking like this? wow! c'mon Raven! :34853_shakehead:

~Mili
[/quote]

Hell yeah I play ball thinking like that. It's this simple. Play. Freaking. Football. Screw the speeches. Who cares about a uniform? Play football. It's simple to me.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1356106483' post='1272590']
Hell yeah I play ball thinking like that. It's this simple. Play. Freaking. Football. Screw the speeches. Who cares about a uniform? Play football. It's simple to me.
[/quote]

that's sounds all gladiator and all...just play ball! screw the speeches and uniforms! lol! c'mon man! you are dealing with human beings, with feelings, emotions and thoughts! and this thing called; inspiration! while i don't put a major emphasis on what color uniform to wear...i absolutely have no problem "chosing" a specific color jersey or pants for a game. i do have a preference but that is neither here nor there. as far as the speeches brah? wow! when i played ball, i absolutely LOVED our pregame hype up speeches, and halftimes speeches. but, to each his own. i feel ya! ;)

~Mili