Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] Losing In December Uncharted Territory

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,041 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

The Ravens have historically been one of the NFL's best teams late in the season.

View the full article

#2 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

let's just win out in January and I'm happy

#3 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

let's just win out in January and I'm happy

best idea i have heard all month.

#4 Waccoflacco

Waccoflacco

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

I hate to say this but this could very well be Lewis's and Reed's last home game. It hurts to even this abt it. I hope we win this one and SB.

#5 PaPaJim

PaPaJim

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Congrats on FIVE years of playoffs Raven organization! When January comes, we are once again playing football and that is terrific! We got off to 9 - 2 so we could weather a bad December for once. A lot of teams were not as fortunate (See Steelers!) Defensive injuries are the root cause of losing compounded by bad in game decisions by our coaches and players. The first is unavoidable but the second is totally within the teams control and is the most worrysome thing to me. This Sunday's game should tell the story. Win and we have a shot. Lose and we probably go to the sixth seed and are one and done. The only silver lining on the sixth seed is that the Ravens would not have to face two of top teams in the AFC next year. We would all prefer the former, and a home playoff game. Sunday is the key! GO RAVENS

#6 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,682 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

It would feel good to get the win this week after three weeks of losing. I am just not used to that.

#7 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

I hate it when the games are not allowed to be played on the field. Media, etc., can cause a game or for that matter a season to result in a totally different outcome than what really should be. Ladies and gentlemen, i'm convinced, this is what's happened to our beloved Ravens this year. The good thing is, Playoffs tend to shred all of that okie doke stuff, if you can weather it that far. We've made it. And, i'm expecting a different Ravens, our beloved Ravens that we all know and are used to. Get excited. THIS is playoff time. Go Ravens!!! :)

#8 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Congrats on FIVE years of playoffs Raven organization! When January comes, we are once again playing football and that is terrific! We got off to 9 - 2 so we could weather a bad December for once. A lot of teams were not as fortunate (See Steelers!) Defensive injuries are the root cause of losing compounded by bad in game decisions by our coaches and players. The first is unavoidable but the second is totally within the teams control and is the most worrysome thing to me. This Sunday's game should tell the story. Win and we have a shot. Lose and we probably go to the sixth seed and are one and done. The only silver lining on the sixth seed is that the Ravens would not have to face two of top teams in the AFC next year. We would all prefer the former, and a home playoff game. Sunday is the key! GO RAVENS

Actually, we could lose Sunday and still be alright because it would really make us go all out in the final game against Cincy so that we secure that home field advantage that we still have a shot at. But, I hope we just go ahead and win Sunday. And, get it outta the way. GoRavens!!! :)

#9 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

Two losses attributed to "Turnover Joe", one Blowout and it's ugly this December and we're barely done!

Find a way is what we're hoping for! It would be nice to be the AFC champions for the second straight year but we're in the playoffs and will have to piecemeal a defense that can sustain a wildcard run!

The pride is there but the numbers of soldiers dwindle each week!

Edited by Moderator 3, 19 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.
profanity

#10 Shaky End of the Quarter

Shaky End of the Quarter

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Everything in this league is ‘what have you done for me lately,???

I would love to hear Flacco answer this question. Flacco: "Ummmm I don't know... How bout a couple fumbles in the most inopportune times, the worst pick six of my career, I can't run to gain a yard, I have under and over thrown receivers, what can I say guys I have delivered inconsistency consistently". That's what I have done for you lately.

Please Flacco there is a chance I hop on a plane from San Juan, Puerto Rico to go to the bank for the first time in my LIFE. If I decide to go, please don't stink up the joint. I don't know if I could live with myself not seeing Ray Lewis and Ed Reed play at least once at the bank. (I know it is not 100% sure that Ray will suit up, which would suck if I end up making the trip).

Regardless if I make it or not please beat the Giants and lil brother Eli.

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 December 2012 - 02:29 PM.
Insult removed

#11 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

I hate to say this but this could very well be Lewis's and Reed's last home game. It hurts to even this abt it. I hope we win this one and SB.

maybe for Reed, but im hearing that Lewis plans on returning next year

#12 windew007

windew007

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

I would like for us to seal it up this weekend and then rest our tired and injured come the final week to recover for the playoffs

#13 PurplePlague52

PurplePlague52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:09 PM

Get the win this week win the division then bench a number of our starters we have left to get them ready for playoffs..Give them younger guys a shot

#14 NorwayLovesRavens

NorwayLovesRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

OK Ravens ...

Let's Get Er Done .... And I mean now, as in this Sunday!!!!

Go whip their butts!

#15 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,072 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Maybe for Harbs, but I remember a few Decembers that ....struggled. Ravens will weather this and come out on top again, the organization is far too strong to stay down for long, I hope this "slump" or whatever it is passes and we talk here on this forum about, "remember the December in 2012 before the Superbowl win?" Ahh...that would be sweet!

GO RAVENS!

#16 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Losing in Dec is uncharted territory... so is losing at home- so is losing back to back games...

Time to get back to what has made us successful for years
1. Taking care of the football-we can not turn the ball over against good teams
2. making our opponents 1 demsional - taking away ability to run the ball
3. not beating ourselves -stop the stupid penalties
4. Running the ball with a physical running game (ball control)
5. Being opportunistic... we need to generate more pressure to force more turnovers!

That has been our receipe for years.... now we are trying to do it a little different and it is not working.... time to get back to what does
1. Stop getting in 3rd and long and we dont need to run low % plays resulting in TO's
2. Commit to stopping the run... since PEAS took over (even when we were healthy) we looked like we were content to bend but not break! Make them one deminsional!
3. Maybe it is just frustration but we seem to be taking som stupid penalties lately?
4. 17-2 when Ray gets 20 touches or more.... Get back to it!
5. When you look back over the season - the games we got after the QB/// we played very well defensively... the games that we cant get pressure on the QB.... we got exposed!

This has been our formula.... it is time to return to the original!

#17 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

I mean normally in december theres a consistent run game to rely on but with the line struggles Ray hasn't been able to find the open holes or cutback lanes I'm just sayin if as of now the best 5 lineman are Oher Reid Birk Yanda and KO why don't they put KO at guard he's a better run blocker and is built for guard while Reid is taller and more athletic and is built for right tackle

#18 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

OHER- YANDA- BIRK - KO - MCKINNIE

that is a big and nasty OL that could do a lot of damange in opening up lanes for the best RB in the NFL.

You throw in the #1 FB (LEACH) in the NFL on top of that... and there is not a team that we can not grind out in this league!

Imagine the play action after we pound away at teams with that OL!

#19 bpytnjr58

bpytnjr58

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

The Giants game is perhaps the biggest game of the season....A loss on Sunday and a Bengals win means having to go on the road to clinch the divison with a banged up defense and inept offense and i do not see that happening....Sunday is a MUST win or it could mean the #6 seed.

#20 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

I mean normally in december theres a consistent run game to rely on but with the line struggles Ray hasn't been able to find the open holes or cutback lanes I'm just sayin if as of now the best 5 lineman are Oher Reid Birk Yanda and KO why don't they put KO at guard he's a better run blocker and is built for guard while Reid is taller and more athletic and is built for right tackle

I'm not sure I know enough about how we should structure our o-line, but the point you make mirrors my thought on the subject ... and that is we are historically a strong team come December because we've always known how to run the ball well and how to stop opponents from running the ball. No matter how much the league and the media want to tell us that's not a formula to win, it sure seems like has always been our pathway to success.

Ravens - we must find some way to establish the run. Never a better time to do it than this Sunday, when our offense is having a tough time finding any sort of rhythm and we are facing a team know for its ability to get after the QB.

25p4y07.jpg