Ravens-Saints Gameday      LISTEN LIVE      You Pick The Team      Kickoff Week   

Photo

Kyle Shanahan

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

To be honest I would like him to be our Head Coach. I think hes a younger version of a Sean payton with the potential to be a better play caller. The only thing risky about him is he has never been a head coach before, but after reading this article http://www.nfl.com/n...ns-malleability it makes me want him even more. I know Joe and him would be great working together, because Kyle adapts to the qb, not the other way around. I know coach Harbaugh is a great leader of men, but I don't really hear about John being schematically good. He also cost this team by bringing back Cam, and now firing him mid season is not a good look.

Does anyone think Kyle Shanahan would be a good head coach for the ravens?

#2 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

To be honest I would like him to be our Head Coach. I think hes a younger version of a Sean payton with the potential to be a better play caller. The only thing risky about him is he has never been a head coach before, but after reading this article http://www.nfl.com/n...ns-malleability it makes me want him even more. I know Joe and him would be great working together, because Kyle adapts to the qb, not the other way around. I know coach Harbaugh is a great leader of men, but I don't really hear about John being schematically good. He also cost this team by bringing back Cam, and now firing him mid season is not a good look.

Does anyone think Kyle Shanahan would be a good head coach for the ravens?

Like that option. Would like to see a more aggressive approach on the team. I do not like playing it safe and when you get a lead you dummy the offense down and play off on the defense. It never leads to anything good. I want to see pressure pressure pressure on the opposing team. Very nice post my friend.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#3 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Like that option. Would like to see a more aggressive approach on the team. I do not like playing it safe and when you get a lead you dummy the offense down and play off on the defense. It never leads to anything good. I want to see pressure pressure pressure on the opposing team. Very nice post my friend.

Thanks, I was just thinking ahead of what Joe could be in the future given a new system, and some new confidence in the system. I know Joe won't be leaving so we might as well make things easier for him to succeed. I also remember that John Harbaugh didn't have any Head Coaching experience before we hired him. I just like innovating coaches, and Kyle seems to be that type of guy.

#4 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

If he is like his dad he will be a steady coach who does not like to lose and is not afraid to make the tough calls.

#5 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

I'll pass. I think it's a little premature to be talking about a replacement HC. We're still the division leader with a 5th straight playoff berth under John. It's a miracle we have 9 wins with the scope of our injuries and lack of offense.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#6 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'll pass. I think it's a little premature to be talking about a replacement HC. We're still the division leader with a 5th straight playoff berth under John. It's a miracle we have 9 wins with the scope of our injuries and lack of offense.

I love your optimism friend but no matter what time of the season we are in. Looking at options never hurts, hell might even make Harb's man up and show a backbone for once.

#7 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

Yea, I agree its a little bit to premature but at the same time he might be gone after this season. Other teams might being trying to get him, and the ravens job is probably more attractive than the other jobs. As far as going to the playoffs 5 straight years that's a great accomplishment, but also wasted opportunities. We also will probably not have any hall of famers anymore in ed reed and ray lewis. We also won't have a decided advantage in talent like in the past, after this season.

#8 Tank 92

Tank 92

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Harbaugh should not have dropped that pass at the end of the AFCCG last year. We could have been in the SB. I'm not sure why we brought him back.

Dragonfly...... a TD waitin' to happen!

#9 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,565 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Kyle Shanahan has been a good OC throughout his entire career, I'm certainly not opposed to seeing if he's the guy. I'm fairly confident that Harbaugh isn't. Still, I'm worried our OL is too decimated and unintelligent to run that system.

#10 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

Are people seriously looking to get rid of the HC who helped us get to the playoffs 5 years in a row? Are people seriously looking to get rid of the HC who helped us have a winning record every year? Do you really think Harbaugh had nothing to do with our successes? Now we have a team riddled with injuries and you want him fired? SMH!

15fqib6.jpg

#11 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

Are people seriously looking to get rid of the HC who helped us get to the playoffs 5 years in a row? Are people seriously looking to get rid of the HC who helped us have a winning record every year? Do you really think Harbaugh had nothing to do with our successes? Now we have a team riddled with injuries and you want him fired? SMH!

Amen to that

#12 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

I think we need a new Offensive Line coach, And Wide Receiver coach.

#13 BMORElegacy

BMORElegacy

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,745 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yes, people are seriously looking to get rid of said HC... I've seen sky is falling threads before but this one takes it to a whole different level.
"No weapon forged against us shall prosper. And every tongue which rises against us in judgment, we shall condemn."

#14 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,314 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I think we need a new Offensive Line coach, And Wide Receiver coach.

Definitely a new WR coach. I've been saying that for a couple of years.
15fqib6.jpg

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

The Shanahans :34853_shakehead: this thread :34853_doh:
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 t45

t45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I do the facepalm each week after our HC explaines how great the other team played and how this experience will make us better ( or whatever positive spin is in place ). The playoff record is the result of talent ( fluke lucky streak this year however ). Rebuild time from the top down....nuke this team and coaches start from scratch if it were my money.

#17 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

Its a interesting thought that's all I am saying. For me personally I would like Kyle as a our head coach for the future. I love the fact that this team has been to the playoffs 5 years in a row, but isn't it time to take the next step? You know maybe go to the superbowl? The fact that Cam was retained after the season was all John Harbaugh, and the fact now he has a OC who was never called a nfl game besides last week is sad. If he just let Cam walk after last season maybe a new scheme on offense would have helped tremendously.

Edited by kassaiscool, 18 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#18 kassaiscool

kassaiscool

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

One of the points of this thread is to look for someone to help Joe improve. John isn't capable of making that happen in my opinion. This is a QB league all I am saying is I believe Kyle will be able to get everything out of Flacco. I want to keep Harbaugh, but at the same time if the rest of this season goes downhill and the ravens have a subpar season next year, I wouldn't say that is out of the question.

Edited by kassaiscool, 18 December 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#19 jazz1988

jazz1988

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

One of the points of this thread is to look for someone to help Joe improve. John isn't capable of making that happen in my opinion. This is a QB league all I am saying is I believe Kyle will be able to get everything out of Flacco. I want to keep Harbaugh, but at the same time if the rest of this season goes downhill and the ravens have a subpar season next year, I wouldn't say that is out of the question.

The ravens just recently got rid of Cam(the man that every ravens fans said was holding joe back) and now the ravens offense and joe have to adjust to a new offensive coordinator. if the ravens lose or dont make it to the playoffs there will be alot good offensive coodinators to choose from this offseason . I personally like Hue Jackson and Pat Shurmur

#20 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

why not just find a good offensive coordinator? maybe im in the minority but i like harbaugh, he works well with the team and brings a positive atmosphere/chemistry to the team. We improved as a team from when harbaugh started to last year. We were a field goal/completion away from the superbowl last year. We are not as good this year because the d is hanging by a thread. Our offense is healthy and talented but they're just inconsistent. Our offense has always been inconsistent but relied on our d to save the day. Our d is injured now so the offense needs to show up. A good offensive ccordinator + execution by the players can fix that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users