Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Is Super Bowl Still Within Reach?

237 posts in this topic

The champion Giants and Packers were also losing in December the past two years.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Is-Super-Bowl-Still-Within-Reach/48d2c1e2-8218-4d6c-949d-58c13f356874]View the full article[/url]

I think it can happen. I have a feeling that the Ravens will be extremely passionate come the playoffs, knowing that they have yet another opportunity. Caldwell will hopefully come through, and the offense has the potential to do very well. Barring any 98-yard pick sixes, I'm feeling fairly confident.

And also, like those 2, we played Philly in Game 2 (albeit those 2 won theirs). We can attribute our loss to the replacement refs. And BINGO. It all adds up. Go Ravens!!! :)

Of course it is.

Challenges are what makes life interesting;
overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
-Joshua J. Marine

Go Ravens!

with 5 defensive starter out! and our offensive having serious problems, I don't think we
will win the last two games (FIVE losses in a row!)..........

yesss it is jesus we in the playoffs anybody in the playoffs has a chance to make it. We will be there, and us fans will celebrate in team parade cause we will be champs

I love how the Giants shoot themself they can still win the superbowl, and they get credit for it. But when it happens to us were in a downward spiral with no hope.

This is our year to make history. Every year in the Flacco/Harbaugh era we've came into the Playoffs strong and came up short. The Ravens always play better when our backs against the wall. Superbowl here we come!

Want to look at the win stats also? Flacco is better. To those people that say stats don't matter. I noticed that face that we have a great defense. Most qbs except the elite aaron rodgers don't get become elite until they are about 30.

the key to any offense success is a decent O-line, that's a problem in B-more to the point where RR can find running lanes

4 years in the playoffs almost there, then the 5th year on our way back to the playoffs but it gets uglier. A strong offense that's suppose to bail out the defense is struggling at the leader position. Fans boooo and walk out, hot dogs, beers and etc stop being bought. Mr. Bisciotti watches his money walk out the door. The statement of booooo's and walking out was needed because no one is satisfied, we knew the defense was banged up all year, it was the offense's turn to ball so hard.

Stats: 3 games, 5 turnovers all by the quarterback. 8 point lead turns into lost, 7 point lead turns into lost, 10 point trail turns into 17 lost.

Kyle Boller use to have a sports psychologist, call the psychologist.

There seems to be more then a few people on this site that don't like themselves. All the nasty and sniping directed at one person. Cam's gone so lets rip on Flacco. I find it interesting the people making all these nasty remarks during a regular work day and they don't seem to be working?? PS I'm retired so skip it.. Seems they want Joe to be perfect at his job while they don't even bother to do theirs hmmm....

Of course we can win a super bowl. What are the odds, I don't know. We have a good team that's not doing what it should that can be changed, will it? I don't know.

Play like a Raven and lets see.

@hardhitters- I know flacco has been turing over the ball a lot lately. But have you seen his protection? Although, the int this week was completely his fault but some of the strip sacks are the protection. Want to know why LT get paid so much? because they PROTECT the qb's blindside. *cough *cough OHER. No matter how good the qb "pocket awareness" is, if the rushers get to you in literaly 1.5 seconds, you can't do anything. And you are judging him on those three games. Flacco played already about 100 games.

Is it within reach? We're going to the playoffs, so the answer has to be yes.

Now, is it reasonable to expect it to happen? Oooh, it's looking like a big-time longshot.

difference between us and those teams.. hate to say it, but its eli and rodgers. now flacco is the real deal in my opinion, you cant judge him for recent performances because hes shown us so much better, and so often. but he isnt on their level, maybe its true that he cant put this team on his back, maybe he can hold a big share of the load, but not the whole team. not to mention our o-lines are worse than the packers and giants, and they both had a scary pass rush in their super bowl years. we are just too beat up, and too AWFUL on the o-line. if RAY FREAKING RICE cant get 50 yards on the ground then you cant blame flacco, you blame the o-line, cuz clearly they are not good enough

we will go as far as the o-line takes us!! we should get most of the defense back for the playoffs minus webb and mclain. if flacco does not have time to do his thing and if we cannot run the ball effectively than see you next year. free up $$ by releasing the the older guys and go after jake long. i would only draft a center because im concerned with ginos size when going up against players the size of ngata and wolfolk. its time to put the pressure on the great ozzie newsome to fix this. he has failed to find rays replacement, a pass rusher and left tackle for several years now. look up the past 6 drafts and tell me how many of those guys have made an impact on this team. time to blame the guy who has put the personnel on the field.

Aaron Rodgers is probably the best quarterback in the league but Eli.... I think Flacco is probably pretty equatable to Eli. Both are top ten guys, both can make bone head plays. Flacco has the better arm but Eli is more mobile. I've always viewed them as very comparable talents. Remember that in both of Eli's Superbowl wins the giants didn't score a whole lot and his receivers made excellent plays. The past two years Flacco has been really let down by wideouts in the playoffs. Q and Housh two years ago and of course poor broken Lee Evans last year.

I have then saying this ever since we lose 2 in a row, that we can still win the Super Bowl, I ain't going to worried about the 3 games losing streak. '' We will win the Super Bowl!'' We got the Best Quarterback In The NFL!'' Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's within reach obviously. The question is do we have enough heart to rebound and win it. We are playing bad football right now and have to get back on track. I personally think we should treat this game sunday as a playoff game.We dont want to start the playoffs on the road. Not like we've been playing good at home but we will definitely need the home field advantage for the wild card round because I gurantee you chuck paganos colts will come in with nothing but heart and guts. Thats the type of game thats going to define us and hopefully catapult us forward with a surge of a pure will to win.