Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Is Super Bowl Still Within Reach?

237 posts in this topic

The champion Giants and Packers were also losing in December the past two years.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Is-Super-Bowl-Still-Within-Reach/48d2c1e2-8218-4d6c-949d-58c13f356874]View the full article[/url]

I think it can happen. I have a feeling that the Ravens will be extremely passionate come the playoffs, knowing that they have yet another opportunity. Caldwell will hopefully come through, and the offense has the potential to do very well. Barring any 98-yard pick sixes, I'm feeling fairly confident.

And also, like those 2, we played Philly in Game 2 (albeit those 2 won theirs). We can attribute our loss to the replacement refs. And BINGO. It all adds up. Go Ravens!!! :)

Of course it is.

Challenges are what makes life interesting;
overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
-Joshua J. Marine

Go Ravens!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 18, 2012 - Duplicate post in alot of blogs · Report post

we'll a couple of these if we hire this man as OC
[IMG]http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad200/Ravens559/hue_zps80d2ee4b.png[/IMG]

with 5 defensive starter out! and our offensive having serious problems, I don't think we
will win the last two games (FIVE losses in a row!)..........

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 18, 2012 - Duplicate post from another blog as well · Report post

those fans that want tyrod to start are a joke. Have you seen this guy play in preseason. The receiver would be running a post with the cornerback trailing him. Somehow, his throws sails and ended in the hands of the defender. That's how bad he is. He is inaccuarte. Sanchez is better than tyrod taylor. He only has mobility on flacco. Also, can't see over the line either.

yesss it is jesus we in the playoffs anybody in the playoffs has a chance to make it. We will be there, and us fans will celebrate in team parade cause we will be champs

I love how the Giants shoot themself they can still win the superbowl, and they get credit for it. But when it happens to us were in a downward spiral with no hope.

This is our year to make history. Every year in the Flacco/Harbaugh era we've came into the Playoffs strong and came up short. The Ravens always play better when our backs against the wall. Superbowl here we come!

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 18, 2012 - Duplicate post from another blog entry · Report post

Flacco 5 years rating average- 85.98
Peyton 5 Years rating average - 85.76 (These are accurate, can check them yourselves.)

You decide to see if flacco time is up. Yes, call me a flacco defender but know this I am trying to make a sense here. Also, peyton was the main guy first 5 years, amazing maybe the best receiving corp with harrison and wayne, great-oline, amazing coaches dungy and caldwell not cam for the most part. Yeah bring out the haters and argue with me on this. Flacco needs to be more careful with the ball in important situations and better pocket awareness, this i agree with. But calling him the worst qb or replacing him with tyrod. SMH.

Want to look at the win stats also? Flacco is better. To those people that say stats don't matter. I noticed that face that we have a great defense. Most qbs except the elite aaron rodgers don't get become elite until they are about 30.

4 years in the playoffs almost there, then the 5th year on our way back to the playoffs but it gets uglier. A strong offense that's suppose to bail out the defense is struggling at the leader position. Fans boooo and walk out, hot dogs, beers and etc stop being bought. Mr. Bisciotti watches his money walk out the door. The statement of booooo's and walking out was needed because no one is satisfied, we knew the defense was banged up all year, it was the offense's turn to ball so hard.

Stats: 3 games, 5 turnovers all by the quarterback. 8 point lead turns into lost, 7 point lead turns into lost, 10 point trail turns into 17 lost.

Kyle Boller use to have a sports psychologist, call the psychologist.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 22, 2012 - Off topic · Report post

Watching rice on espn right now

There seems to be more then a few people on this site that don't like themselves. All the nasty and sniping directed at one person. Cam's gone so lets rip on Flacco. I find it interesting the people making all these nasty remarks during a regular work day and they don't seem to be working?? PS I'm retired so skip it.. Seems they want Joe to be perfect at his job while they don't even bother to do theirs hmmm....

Of course we can win a super bowl. What are the odds, I don't know. We have a good team that's not doing what it should that can be changed, will it? I don't know.

Play like a Raven and lets see.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 22, 2012 - Off topic to the original intent of the article · Report post

NO is this some kind of joke not with a QB like Joe Flacco hes below average hes not even in the top 25 QB

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 22, 2012 - Off topic to the original intent of the article · Report post

A few days after the loss to the Broncos, teammates of Kyle Boller were constantly asked the question,"Is Boller to blame for the loss to the Broncos?" Many players tried to look the other way and say no and some other stuff.

Brian Billick asked if Kyle wanted to see a sports psychologist about his decision making and calm his nerves under center. Boller considered that idea but not as an insult. But Brian also has his regrets. Billick saw how Carson Palmer does this season because of how he sat on the bench his rookie season watching Kitna, compared to Boller who got to start his rookie season and look how he turned out.

Should have let Bulger start that one year, all it would have done is help Flacco.

@hardhitters- I know flacco has been turing over the ball a lot lately. But have you seen his protection? Although, the int this week was completely his fault but some of the strip sacks are the protection. Want to know why LT get paid so much? because they PROTECT the qb's blindside. *cough *cough OHER. No matter how good the qb "pocket awareness" is, if the rushers get to you in literaly 1.5 seconds, you can't do anything. And you are judging him on those three games. Flacco played already about 100 games.

Flacco is trash

Is it within reach? We're going to the playoffs, so the answer has to be yes.

Now, is it reasonable to expect it to happen? Oooh, it's looking like a big-time longshot.

@chilloutpeople

Did you see the pass rushers on the edge? I did, did Flacco look at them and shift his protection? Do other QB step up in the pocket when the pass rush is coming around the corner? Do quarterbacks have an interal clock in their head or just think everything will be fine?