32 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,835 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:03 PM

Ray Rice, Ray Lewis and other Ravens expressed their emotions after the Sandy Hook shooting.

View the full article

#2 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

awesome message i couldn't agree more .

#3 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Ayanbadejo is the man

#4 iluvpurple

iluvpurple

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

This is exactly what I was saying Sunday, when fans were getting so outraged over some losses in a football game. There are things in life that are WAY more important, like how this town will EVER come to terms with this horror. Un-ending prayers to these families, and this town.

#5 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,180 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

That game was the first sane thing for me even though it sucked lol talking with my sons, who are older teenagers, and when they realized those kids are my niece and nephews age. I am still without words.
68f2a8.jpg

#6 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

It wasn't posted here, but someone had the nerve to respond to Rice's second tweet with "You don't get paid millions to mourn."

#7 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

RIP To all the victims and the hero Victoria Soto. . . & My prayers go out to the families dealing with probably the worst time in their life.

#8 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

thats a shame about the kids and adults as well you know you really need to count your blessings yeah the Ravens lost but at the same time you could be in the family of one of those harmed so stop complaining

Edited by Grapple Raven, 19 December 2012 - 12:04 AM.
Profanity

#9 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Come on MAN! I can understand the adults but killing CHILDREN!?!?!?!? If someone ever points a gun at an inoocent child they should be tortured.... they should get the death penalty.

#10 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Truely a sad event. Not one, though that was completely unpredictable. Autism, divorce, mom had those guns in the house, boy was reclusive and played shoot em up games on the computer all day, prescription drug use, argument with the school's office the day before the event, tried to get a gun/background check 3 days before event. C'mon man. Red flags everywhere. The mom was known to have had her hands full but her pride was such that she did't seek out all the help necessary to cope. If there is anything we can take out of this it's that there need to be better/more mental health services available in all communities.

#11 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

In a crazy world it's senseless tragedies such as this that remind us why it is important to cheerish ever moment you have with your family, every day find extra time to give your kids an extra hug.

My heart truely goes out to those parents, no parent should ever have to feel the loss of a child. When darkness like this happens, it truely affects everyone.

#12 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

The one thing i didnt like was ray rice just kept saying forget about football after we lost thats not good to use this shooting to ease the tension of the fans plain and simple wrong

#13 BlackLesPaul

BlackLesPaul

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

Their was a time when a father could buy his son a 22. riffle. And after teaching him gun safty. He would let the son go out by himself in the back yard in the woods. The son would shoot a few tin cans, and maybe a jack rabbit or two. But that son never came home and kill his dad or mom.

It seems American is loseing it's blessing. Where did we go wrong...

#14 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

These football players are ppl too and Ray Rice is one hec of a RB but he is right he has a big heart and i feel the same as he

#15 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

To think that people have the nerve to call out a football on his poor performance and be mean about it, when there is so much hurt going on in the world, just confounds me. I hope those people think about where their life is headed.

#16 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

hope everything gets worked out in Con. God bless those involved.

#17 TheBigPurpleBird

TheBigPurpleBird

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I have a 5 year old and a 6 year old in school right now, and with all the violence I have been exposed to in the 42 years of my life, this is by far the most tragic. I can't even comprehend what those parents are going through, especially right now at Christmas when I am sure there are gifts under the tree for their dead children. People are already trying to use this tragedy to push gun control, but CT has some of the strictist gun control laws in the country. Mental Health and Security should be discussed as well as they both played an instrumental part, but honestly, I think the way the media covers this, makes it popular for people who are mentally ill or just hate the world, to commit a crime like this and push whatever ideal they are trying to. In the past with the school shootings, the criminals who commited the crimes had felt they had been wronged in some way by their peers. There is no way a 5 yr old has ever done anything wrong to anyone at his young age.

I don't like to think about this anymore than I already do and I can't seem to get away from it. I take solice in the inconsequental things that can occupy my time right now, Tae Kwon Do with the kids, watching football, or as evident by this post, combing through the BB on the Ravens website. In the end, much like the loss to the Texans or the Broncos, I just want to put it behind me and move on. If there is something to learn from it, so be it, but I don't want to think about it anymore than I have to.

#18 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,297 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Everyone just do your parts in life, players are people 2!

#19 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,301 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

It is just something about little kids as victims of horrible acts that I have never been able to handle very well. I never will. God bless the little children and their families.

#20 The Away Raven

The Away Raven

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

I've seen a couple stupid comments on here before but none as stupis and disrespectful as your Ravenfan4life2010. Who are you or who are any of us to tell Ray Rice not to use the shooting as anexcuse to ease the fans tension. You don't know how Ray Rice felt during the game. Yea he's a professional athlete that gets paid millions of dollars but he's a human being first. He feels pain, his heart hurts the sames as ours does because of what happended. If you only live to see the Ravens win games then you have a sad life and you should probablly get out more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users