84 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,112 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

After the word 'lackadaisical' was used Sunday, a new mental approach could be useful.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

can't really play a agame when you don't have the right team..you can't force ppl to get healthy . ed reed look in the mirror my man preach it then. lets stop stating the obvious and light a fire under everyone and try to get this done. and find some lindebackers and an o-line that works.

Edited by llwillow1231, 18 December 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Super Ravens

Super Ravens

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Well said Eisenberg, I know the players and coaches will be civil in interviews and not speak on a sense of panic or anything like that. But behind those closed doors it's time for every man in that locker room, every coach, every trainer to take a good long look in the mirror into their spirit and make the determination of who they want to be this year. Do they want to be a won and done team or a team that actually finishes this season. The defense in the first half played with a sense of urgency but eventually faltered. Offense needs to wake up and Flacco needs to find within himself what type of quarterback does he want to be. Let's stop messing around Ravens and win at home this Sunday to finally clinch this darn division.

#4 crazyboutravens

crazyboutravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

How about a little fire from our offense, get mad, perform, stop cruising through games.
I would love to see that on Sunday. Tell our offensive line to get mad and knock people
down. This will be another good defensive line but they also perform poorly at times. They
are more like us. Let's kick the crap out of them and play like professionals.

#5 Brianj52

Brianj52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Reed is right

#6 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think Reed was talking about himself. Missing tackles, getting jumped over and being in nomans land when he should have had over top protection on a TD score. The Young guys played their butts off. On Offense Pierce, and Jones and Pitta played well. That was about it. Smith has been running some half butt routes and jogs on plays that he isnt a target. His downfield blocking is terrible too. I have no idea what the Oline is thinking. We need some bad boys on that line. It seems like they are all Gentle giants sans Yanda. Someon needs to fill them with some nasty! This will be the test for Harbaugh. A tee shirt and a college one liner chant is not going to cut the mustard. Every person to a man needs to spend some time in front of the mirror and ask am I doing everything. From the looks of Twitter and Facebook, some people are taking things too much in stride.

#7 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Funny Ed Reed is talking about lackadaisical after skipping mini camps and mandatory OTA's. if he would have been a better leader maybe the young guys wouldn't just take off like him. I find that a little two faced Ed even though you have earned the hall of fame with your previous work but then for the last two years you have quit and retired and not just shown up and you wonder why the young guys feel like they can sit on the sidelines and laugh like Jimmy Smith. Let's call it like it is and not take kid gloves with Reed because of the past. He is a poor leader or he would have been there leading, he is lackadaisical on the field and if he is that injured he does no good not making tackles on the field and I haven't seen an interception in weeks and weeks from Ed so Ed, practice what you preach and show up and make some tackles before you call anyone else out. Same way with Boldin, leaders lead they don't talk about dumb stuff other people do but if he would have gone for Flacco's pass instead of waiting for everything to come to him or if he could once and awhile get some separation from a corner maybe Joe could throw some passes. No doubt he is nothing like we paid for and he has underproduced since being here. That is why Ray leads cause you don't hear that garbage like that from him and that's why Ed and Anquan have shown they Are not leaders and should sit down and shut up.

#8 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

As someone said earlier, Ed Reed looked like a cardboard cutout. He needs to retire. Wouldn't break my heart. Free up some much needed cap space and find a guy that wants to play w/fire in his belly. Reed simply mails it in.

#9 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

@fsuymada......I agree about Boldin. Way underperformed since coming here, except for the Arizona game last year, where he was just fired up to beat his old team. Whole lotta talking, but hardly anyone playing hard all game long. That falls back to coaching, in my opinion. Play like Ravens!!

#10 ravens7575

ravens7575

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

One thing is certain: we are going to learn a whole lot about our players and coaches' character and will in this losing stretch. I am proud that no name calling has occurred (yet), but keep steady in these times Ravens fans. It'll make victory that much sweeter. Go Ravens!

#11 ravensdog86

ravensdog86

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

After watching, MNF.. Joe Flacco looks like John Elway, and I'm so Happy he's our Qb. Sanchez 4INT. 3 in a 8 minute span. Tebow had a better Rating then Sanchez and he only got in the game for 1 play, and it was incomplete. Man Flacco is so much better then all these bum qb's, even if he's not top 5 qb yet.

#12 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

If the players' hair is not on fire, I know whose is...the fans.
Should they perform as poorly as they did Sunday...I see a fan base turning quickly.
I remember Bilick's last season; I remember Grbac's debacle.
It has been a while, but M&T can quickly turn into a very ugly environment.

#13 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:29 AM

You would think that after 5 years of going to the dance but never being the prom king, somebody..... anybody, would step up and sound off in full out urgency. I hope the "cool talk" of stay the course is just a PR fasade for the public, and a genuine "let's fix this crap" is going on behind the scenes.

But...only time will tell.

If there was one word I would never tag coach Harbs with, lackidasical would top on the list. I have no doubt he will make hard the hard choices if or when he has to.

GO RAVENS!

#14 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't know what rights the ship this time around. I always believed we were a team incapable of being beaten 2 times in a row, let alone 3 times! Now, however I feel like something has changed where losses are acceptable. While there might be a hue and cry over losing, winning is the only ointment that works. If that doesn't happen this week and next, expect an early exit from the playoffs, because if you don't then your logic is flawed!

I don't know if John Harbaugh is a coach that excels at Xs and Os, but I think he is a coach that tries his best to get the most out of his players. But, when you get into a situation like a losing skid, it is very difficult to stop it. The harder you try the worse it gets. So my advice to Harbaugh is to not try too hard too soon. Allow it to sink in that nobody is safe if this continues. Make each player accountable, threaten your QB's job security and everybody else's and leave it at that hoping for a favorable outcome.

Otherwise, it is analogical to hydroplaning.... there needs to be some friction that is needed to keep the rubber on the road. All we can hope for is the pressure exerted by the fan base is enough to arrest this slide! If not, expect huge changes to our Ravens next year and rightfully so!

#15 chevalier

chevalier

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

mark my words we will be making a run at a top flight OC. That is the only reason they let Cam go. In years past we were in deep playoffs, so even if we had fired cam, no one wouldve been available. This allows us to do that. NE did it last year with Josh McD although their original OC "left" to join penn state. Bisciotti is tired of offensive mediocrity, as are we all.

#16 Bitter5

Bitter5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

John, you are not good coach either.

#17 Ravensfan4life2010

Ravensfan4life2010

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

really need to talk the o-lineman really its been the main reason why we cant function on offense, when they do push our offense excells. While they dont push offense stalls, for example pierce has keep turning the legs just to get 3 yrds. Offensive line main reason why we cant function, when they dont push we loose 1 yrd per running attempt, when we drop back joe gets hurried, hit which is most of the time. Harbaugh needs to talk to andy moeller and see what changes they can do the o-line so they can light a fire up there rears.
My o-line would be: Mckinnie, Osemele, Birk/Gino, Yanda, Oher/Reid

#18 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

If the Steelers beat the Bengals in the early game on sun I believe we will once again back in , this time to a division win and essentially be locked into a #4 seed. This will hamper any sense of urgency and I'm sure the coach will rest any player with a questionable injury ( esp Lewis ) . The Gmen on the other hand will play wlth more urgency if this occurs . I'm not sure what this means for the Ravens but this is a real possibility.

#19 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

Sunday will be another test.... Who thinks we will be one and done in the playoffs?

#20 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

It doesn't matter what we do. This season we have proven that the Ravens cannot hang with the other AFC powerhouses, and if we cannot hang with them, we sure aren't going to beat the NFC's best in Nawlins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users