Photo

if Rex gets fired, can we get Rex back as dc?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BigMike

BigMike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Man, I would love to see that.

Side note: watching this Monday night game made me proud to be a Ravens fan. Man, things could be a lot worst. Go Ravens...beat Manning part 2.

Edited by BigMike, 18 December 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#2 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,135 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:02 AM

Not sure if he's lost his mojo since going to New York.

Beyond that, not sure if I'd want the constant bickering and media circus with his mouth.

Posted Image

#3 BigMike

BigMike

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

True that.

#4 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

His gone completely nuts. His a terrible HC ..thats for sure. Its unbelievable how he is keeping Mark Sanchez playing after that butt-fumble incident. And now with playoff on the line, he kept the Butt-sanchez as starter only to show them a 4INT performance.

The Sanchez homer and Rex thought it was shotty's problem (OC) and fired him. But nope. Now their offense is much worse. But he just keep thinking otherwise.

Hey...that is a oddly similar scenario here in Ravens...HMMMMMMMMMMMM

#5 theFRANCHISE

theFRANCHISE

Hall of Famer

• Reserve Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,135 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:16 AM

Though Rex would probably love to come back -- and the emotional reaction of many fans is that they'd be happy to have him back -- we have to keep in mind that this isn't the same team he left. His players aren't here anymore.

Also, Rex's message might have gotten stale -- just look at the mess in NY even with his fingerprints all over that defense.

Posted Image

#6 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

His gone completely nuts. His a terrible HC ..thats for sure. Its unbelievable how he is keeping Mark Sanchez playing after that butt-fumble incident. And now with playoff on the line, he kept the Butt-sanchez as starter only to show them a 4INT performance.

The Sanchez homer and Rex thought it was shotty's problem (OC) and fired him. But nope. Now their offense is much worse. But he just keep thinking otherwise.

Hey...that is a oddly similar scenario here in Ravens...HMMMMMMMMMMMM

You can safely make that judgement after one game? Sigh...

I'm iffy on Rex. He's a brash and aggressive guy who talks too much, but that might be what our defense needs. Our defense has no attitude, and no aggression. He's a defensive genius who could potentially get our defense better. I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons though.

#7 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,656 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

You can safely make that judgement after one game? Sigh...

I'm iffy on Rex. He's a brash and aggressive guy who talks too much, but that might be what our defense needs. Our defense has no attitude, and no aggression. He's a defensive genius who could potentially get our defense better. I'm not sure if the pros outweigh the cons though.

this is what i i like about Rex.

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#8 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,490 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

this is what i i like about Rex.

~Mili

I'm not sure if I like it or not. I love his aggressive mentality, but his arrogance is a bit much.

He's the kind of DC our defense needs.

#9 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,656 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I'm not sure if I like it or not. I love his aggressive mentality, but his arrogance is a bit much.

He's the kind of DC our defense needs.

his arrogance doesn't bother me. he's passionate. a loud mouth but passionate. lol! i like cats that walk to the beat of their own drum. it's kinda my nature as well but like you, i feel that Rex is what our defense needs.

~Mili

@Mili

mili1.png

"Hunt!  Hunt!  Hunt!  Keep Hunting!  Until You Put'em on Your Wall!"

- Ray Lewis

#10 Twistidfunk

Twistidfunk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

I miss Rex. He is missed in Baltimore. I would welcome him back

#11 RavenFanatic1327

RavenFanatic1327

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

i would love that also. i think he wouldnt mind coming back to the ravens either.

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,668 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Rex Ryan was great as the relatively unknown defensive coordinator but, now, with the circus following him it's not a good fit.

Also I'm starting to believe, more and more, that the derision and egos in the locker room that plagued the Billick era were somewhat of Ryan's doing - look at his dysfunctional team, now. Harbaugh had to make some pretty drastic changes to fix it. Inviting that back here is not a step I want to take.

Additionally, I doubt Ryan would accept a DC job. He was pretty grumpy about being passed over for multiple positions including this one (whatever you may think of Harbaugh, it was the absolute right decision). I don't think he'll come back with his tail between his legs. There's always going to be some team desparate enough for publicity (because that's what Rex Ryan will now get you) that they may sign him up i.e. Arizona, San Diego, Buffalo
a9skd1.jpg

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#13 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Rex Ryan is not getting fired. 2 afc championship games within the last 4 seasons. Dan Pees inherited an injury plagued D this year, he's getting another year to prove his case.

bleed P U R P L E!

#14 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

no, leave pees alone people, i dont think people are following the ravens closely , the D is struggling because of injury bug, there's about 4-6 starters out, that is a lot of talent to replace with PS players, mcclain, ellerbe ,suggs, lewis , smith, webb, and not to mention other players that got IRed in early in season, and some that still have lingering injuries, and no rex is not gonna get fired.

#15 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Who knows, if Rex leaved, maybe Revis follows him. Or even Harris!
Banned

#16 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Out of curiosity, those that want Rex back, how long have you been Ravens' fans?
Same with those decrying how horrible Flacco is and we need to cut bait on him.

We were a mess of a team both on and off the field pre-Harbaugh/Flacco.

I never want Rex back. The guy was a virus. C'mon Man!

#17 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I think it's too early to call Pees out as a play-caller. He had a decent stretch there with the second string, but now those guys are getting bit by that injury bug thing going around. Hopefully he has some tricks to pull out of his hat for the play-offs.....just sayin.

I also think Rex was a better d-coordinator than a head coach. He turned the Jets around defensively and they weren't exactly stocked with hall of fame or A+ talent like the Ravens. He's a good motivator, but a better game planner. I wont forget how we shut down the wild-cat at it's peak, or the organized chaos that was our 08-09 play-off run.

Lastly, I think time of possession on offense is really ultimately what is killing BOTH of these teams defenses. More snaps for the defense is always bad in the stat department.

Edited by Dudeman, 18 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

603060_10151508899441059_1219667063_n.jp

#18 RedFire

RedFire

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

I think it's too early to call Pees out as a play-caller. He had a decent stretch there with the second string, but now those guys are getting bit by that injury bug thing going around. Hopefully he has some tricks to pull out of his hat for the play-offs.....just sayin.

I also think Rex was a better d-coordinator than a head coach. He turned the Jets around defensively and they weren't exactly stocked with hall of fame or A+ talent like the Ravens. He's a good motivator, but a better game planner. I wont forget how we shut down the wild-cat at it's peak, or the organized chaos that was our 08-09 play-off run.

Lastly, I think time of possession on offense is really ultimately what is killing BOTH of these teams defenses. More snaps for the defense is always bad in the stat department.

Rex is useless without a shutdown corner cause of his blitz scheme which was exposed in da 2007 debacle season when the national media said we sucked end didn't acknowledge our injuries like they do now....media gave us mo excuses before the harbsugh era. That's when we lost rolle&mccalister for most of the season and Rex got exposed.

Edited by RedFire, 18 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#19 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,254 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Well, of course we COULD but why would we want to? He's proven who he really is since leaving here. Loud mouthed, blow-hard, media circus type guy. We don't need that here.

Joe flacco picked up a fumbled ball off the ground like he just dropped the newspaper on the sidewalk by accident and flung it across the street square into the neighbor's open mailbox while being attacked by pit bulls on steroids - a Panther's fan

#20 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,090 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

Well, of course we COULD but why would we want to? He's proven who he really is since leaving here. Loud mouthed, blow-hard, media circus type guy. We don't need that here.

And he ran a very undisciplined group his last couple of years here. He was letting the players call the shots. He also cost us that Patriots game.
15fqib6.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users