55 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,047 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

Harbaugh also said that the Ravens need to do a better job running the football.

View the full article

#2 TheKingAtFootball

TheKingAtFootball

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

How can we get the running game going if the o-line won't block and your quarterback isn't completing a single pass? It's almost impossible.

#3 the deepster

the deepster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

I wish Harbaugh would shut up and stop talking about divine intervention and hope and just coach. And more importantly put in proper personnel...ie-Bryant Mckinney. And for all of you guys thinking we are gonna bring in Norv Turner next year think again because our offensive coordinator is gonna be Andy Reid another John Harbaugh guy who also calls a total vanilla offense. As I keep saying our problem isn't Cam or Joe its John!! Bruce Arians please.

#4 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

MY biggest problem with the Denver game wasn't the fact that we lost, I kinda anticipated that. What worried me the most was it sure looked like we gave up at the end. Not every player mind you but enough of them that it was noticable.
A Raven plays every down like it was his last (and this year it HAS been for a lot of our guys!. A raven never gives up.
Come on guys, you can't get down. Fight through this, help your younger guys who never expected to play, to learn what they need during the week and show some confidence. The fans may not but that's our perogative. You guys can't give up!
Let's beat the heck out of the Giants and start our winning streak through the SB!
Any given Sunday right?

#5 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

I really missed Marshal Yanda after watching Ray Rice get stuffed over and over again. We need everyone healthy and we need them now. Tell Webby to start aggressive rehabbing.

#6 EpicRavensfan2!

EpicRavensfan2!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Our defense went to hell after teh AFC championship game than the Gell disolved etc. Players left bonds were broken etc. The defense would be just fine if we were helathy we'd be in top 15.... If we had lewis,webb and Ellerbee and suggs we'd be fine. Reed is a good leader but he gave up you can't do that you gotta step and prove ur elite.

#7 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

We need to draft a Future LT . . Mckinnie & Oher are some serious jokes. Mckinnie graded at the bottom of the league at LT last year & Oher has struggled

#8 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

& We need to help our defense out in this draft. NO busts. Hopefully Ozzie can work some late round magic.

#9 CxM_27

CxM_27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Norv Turner > Andy Reid

#10 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

This may sound like a dumb idea but ravens should just rest all starters until the playoffs, i dont think home field advantage matters when you have all backups starting, no sense in going out with a diminished team. Get everyone fresh for the playoffs. maybe have joe and ray get some reps in but who knows they could see some better options in the process.

#11 Willbacker

Willbacker

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

You can't run when you're down by 3 then 4 TD's.They should have called a TO at the 20 before they threw the 2 yd pass to Pitta . It worked because he went out of bounds but I still spilled half my beer yelling at the TV TO TO.Then at the 4 try a draw play or a QB draw(did I just say that) and you had 3 TO's in your pocket if they didn't score. Who cares if Peyton would have some time on the clock,the name of the game is to score first not play scared.Harbaugh has to step up and make better desicions.

#12 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Harbaugh can explain everything.

The problem is that he's not with the communications staff of the Baltimore Ravens but the Head Coach.

bio

#13 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

We need to draft a Future LT . .

Well... it's not that simple... and especially not when you always pick late in the rounds.

bio

#14 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Okay were still have a 9-5 football team, i think putting the blame on john harbaugh and saying he should be gone is extremely ridiculous. Same with joe flacco, they alone turned this franchise around. You cant say its the defense either because baltimore has had a top 5 defense pretty much ever since they came into baltimore. Just look at the records and then look at the records with flacco and harbaugh. 5 straight years in the playoffs? Cmon theyve never been a team to win pretty, theyre a hard nosed gritty football team. I just cant wait for a refreshed defense to keep joe on the field more. Seems like teams purposely run the ball to control the clock and kill any momentum the ravens have.

#15 You gets Ngata

You gets Ngata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ray Rice is not an every down pound the rock running back....how many times do I have to watch him go down so easy for no gain or one. He is like Sproles and I think that is ok...it is a tough call but work him more in short pass game. Pierce needs to be more our workhorse.

#16 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Oh and andy reid for offensive coordinator would be a terruble idea. Hes like the originator of prefering the pass over the run, which is pretty much why cam is out. Caldwell hasnt had time to do anything, just have to wait and see if hes the guy

#17 You gets Ngata

You gets Ngata

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

We just have to play better....the fumble early...then when a 14 pt swing changed everything on that int. We will be ok....we can beat the giants.

#18 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Another example of why I am not a fan of the hurry up offense, unless you and all your team mates are excellent at it. W/Flacco, it only means hurry up and make a mistake and hurry up and get off the field so your wore out tired defense can get back on. We saw how that worked out. There's an old saying....learn to do it right first, the speed will come later. Better to get it right than fast and wrong.

#19 bioLarzen

bioLarzen

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,907 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Okay were still have a 9-5 football team, i think putting the blame on john harbaugh and saying he should be gone is extremely ridiculous.

I do think this roster could have done and could do better with certain other HC's. I'm not saying Harbaugh is a bad HC - that would indeed be a ridiculous and hard-to-argue-for kind of claim with his track record as our HC. But I do think he had a roster at his disposal that's better than two championship losses in 5 years - even if last season's one was virtually an SB season, with one lousy catch attempt separating us from the big one.

So, I don't say Harbaugh should go period, I say we should/could try to get a better one, because the roster underperforms. Yep, I reckon a constant playoff-appearance undeperformance - because our roster could have achieved more.

Oh, and for that "we'r still a 9-5 team... yep, on paper. but that includes two wins where we had to rely on luck (Chiefs (botched QB sneak), Cowboys (missed FG)). If luck doesn't help us out tremendously at these games, we'd be 7-7 now... So, sure, we're 9-5, but not because we've been that good.

bio

Edited by bioLarzen, 17 December 2012 - 08:21 PM.

#20 Bjonesy45

Bjonesy45

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

I do think this roster could have done and could do better with certain other HC's. I'm not saying Harbaugh is a bad HC - that would indeed be a ridiculous and hard-to-argue-for kind of claim with his track record as our HC. But I do think he had a roster at his disposal that's better than two championship losses in 5 years - even if last season's one was virtually an SB season, with one lousy catch attempt separating us from the big one.

So, I don't say Harbaugh should go period, I say we should/could try to get a better one, because the roster underperforms. Yep, I reckon a constant playoff-appearance undeperformance - because our roster could have achieved more.

Oh, and for that "we'r still a 9-5 team... yep, on paper. but that includes two wins where we had to rely on luck (Chiefs (botched QB sneak), Cowboys (missed FG)). If luck doesn't help us out tremendously at these games, we'd be 7-7 now... So, sure, we're 9-5, but not because we've been that good.

bio

Good point but i look at a win as a win and a loss as a loss. We could be 7-7, or we could be 11-3 if we didnt give up that huge punt return at the end of the redskins game or some of the mistakes losing at home against pittsburgh. I just think joe isnt givin enough credit. Tombrady has all of the weapons in the world at his disposal, when peyton went to denver he had a pretty decent recieving corp. With a great offensive line. Joe has a terrible line and literally one WR that can get any separation but he cant run routes, torrey smith. Not saying joes better than them but damn lets get on the same playing field lol. But yea i get what youre saying and completely agree, they havent been playing good ever since the oakland game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users