Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jimmy Smith 'Rusty' In Return

25 posts in this topic

CB Jimmy Smith saw 14 snaps in his first game back from sports hernia surgery.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jimmy-Smith-Rusty-In-Return/c74fe8e1-7178-48e7-9120-0d06a51f61cf]View the full article[/url]

To be fair... Jimmy you get beat every time a double move is made on u.

If jimmy can jus play his man and stop looking in the backfield he would be awesome he has all the physical skills but the mental is just not there yet

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1355774566' post='1267988']
Why haven't we drafted a kick butt cb?
[/quote]

Ahhh,... we thought we did! We thought we had MacAllister reincarnated!

Thats not an easy injury & surgery to come back fro in such a short time. the guy is stil young. Seriously hes missed so many games, It took Webb 3 Years to be elite. Give him a break

Good point made on 105.7 the fan earlier today. What was Jimmy Smith's issue LAST year? He looks in the backfield trying to make a play. What is Jimmy Smith's issue THIS year? He looks in the backfield trying to make a play. Problem there is he seems to not take to coaching well because he has not improved. Webb was injured as well with a worse injury but you saw consistent improvement until he was pro bowl caliber by year 3. I don't see Smith there by next year (his year 3).

He doesn't know that he can play the receiver a little bit tighter. He always seems to be quick to give up a huge gain on a slant pattern.

Webb has better instincts than jimmy smith. It will take Jimmy a little longer to develop his ball skills.Once his technique and football IQ get better he will be a pro-bowler.

[quote name='johnmike72' timestamp='1355774401' post='1267985']
Jimmy Smith hasn't been 100% since hes been here, will he ever? Who knows!
[/quote]

i've wondered the same thing.

~Mili

People will say its too soon but I am going to go ahead and say it. IM me when it turns out to be false but Jimmy Smith is a BUST! You can say technique this and that but he has stiff hips and no ball awareness. He needs to ease on down the yellow brick road to the Wizard of OZ and get an oil can. Tin Man!

Don't know if he's a bust yet,but he is always injured,injurer prone!I don't think he will live out his 5yr deal with us!

please jimmy. get 100% healthy. then you need to show us you are a shut down corner. we drafted u as one! dont get depressed and keep the truck moving!

Don't know about Smith. Someone tell me I am wrong but this talk radio guy on 105.7, former redskins bust gm Vinnie Cerrato and his sidekick Rob Long say he is a partying posse boy who is more interested in hopping bars and hitting on the ladies than working unit studying the play book and being prepared to play. Don't know myself and was surprised to hear it but it seems like they say it quite often ands say he is the biggest waste of oxygen on the field. I remember all the draft pundits saying they will bring in this troubled youth and under the tutelage of Ray he will blossom. According to these guys and 105.7 doesn't seem that is so.

Chris Johnson and Corey Graham literally fell in off the street to us, and have been playing very well as the entire defensive unit has been stepping it up considering the circumstances. The fact is, our D cannot keep playing at a high level if they are always on the field and Jimmy Smith needs to not only be called out for his lack luster play, but more importantly how horrific his ball playing skills are. I may need to look at his college film just to see if there's any real potential or false hope be cause of his physical makeup. Basically, to guys off the street have made more plays in 8 weeks than jimmy in 2 seasons. Injuries out...Come on Jimmy!

as a big physical corner,u have to play man to man with the WR put ur hands on the WR chest dnt give him no room but the sideline let him make a tough catch.. as a corner the sideline should be ur best friend take the inside away make the WR run to the sideline..