Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackbirds Rule

If you had input with Ozzie what would your recommendations be for next years team?

33 posts in this topic

If I could have Ozzie's ear regarding what direction I think the team should go next year. I would make these suggestions.

1. Sign Flacco to slightly abouve average qb money. (Preferably around the 11-14 million dollar range on par with Roethlisberger but below the elites).

2. Release Bobbie Williams, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, and McKinnie. (That would free up money to invest in a few other areas)

3. With the money saved by not paying Flacco top qb money should be enough to get Ed Reed signed for the next 3 years. ( I want him to retire a raven and his salary should hurt the team and we will offer him more than any other team will while being fair to him).

4. Ray Lewis and Matt Birk will most likely retire at the end of the year. ( this will free up salary cap room that can help may Flacco and Ed Reed's contract not put us up against the cap).

5. Do not offer a contract to Cary Williams. ( teams just continue to pick on him, he makes some plays but always gives up a td or gets a pass interference every game). The two guys playing are okay especially the cb #24 Graham has really impressed me as a #2 cb and is under contract I believe for at least another year.

6. With regards to free agency I think we should target Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace as our #1 WR. (I love Anquan Boldin but his lack of speed on the outside keeps too many men near the line of scrimmage). If we were to release him we would only have to spend another million or two to get either player. Both of them would increase our speed and make our offense a lot more dynamic. I would prefer Bowe over Wallace because he's a more dangerous redzone performer.

7. With regards to the draft I think we should try and tade up to get around picks 13-17 in the first round. We badly need a DE who can cause havoc to other teams. ( That will free up Suggs, Ngata, and a few other players to maintain an effective pass rush).

8. I think we could keep our current Defensive Coordinator for another year. He started off rough but with all of our injuries the team holds it's own against some potent offenses. ( I think we should switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3 especially if we can draft a pass rushing DE. I would put Suggs on the line as an every down DE for a majority of games in the 4-3 alongside Ngata).

9. For the money we paid Bobbie Williams and Mckinnie we should be able to upgrade our left guard spot and get someone who will be around for a while that's durable. I think we're set with Oher, Yanda, and Osemele. Gradkowski hopefully can develop into a good center for us. If we shore up our o-line we may not have to get rid of Boldin. Or it might make us even more dynamic by doing both.

10. Sign an offensive coordinator who understands his roster and the other teams roster. He should be able to make in game adjustments, especially at half time. I hate how we can predict what our offense is going to run 80% of the time. ( Leach is in their running, Leach subbed out passing) Every team we play seems to be able to get 4-6 yards on quick hitting plays that we can't seem to get when we're on offense). we don't need a big name just someone who understands offense and knows how to create specific game plans vs whatever defense we're playing that week.

If we did all or most of these moves we would have enough cap and flexibility to improve our teams weaknesses. ( O-line, and pass rush).

What would you do? Do you agree with any of my recommendations or do I need to take a breather and relax lol?

I pretty much agree with most of what you've said except the cutting of Jimmy Smith and Ed Dickson. There is really no salary-cap reason focutting Ed as he isn't making that much, even as a 3rd rounder. Jimmy has only been in the league two years, we won't give up on a first round pick that quickly. No need to worry about Cary, he decided his future when he turned down that extension at the beginning of the year. Here are my top 3 points of emphasis...

1. Franchise tag Joe Flacco. This allows you to properly evaluate him in what will be only his second offensive system in the league, while also putting him on notice that it is now or never since the old blood will all be washed away by then (see #2).

2. Overhaul the offensive system. Put Caldwell
back to QB coach, find a west coast type offensive coordinator who can understand the type of personnel he has and even accept input on what they can do the best. Fire Andy Moeller and bring in a new o-line coach (still shaking my head on how NO ONE on these forums ever seems to mention how Matsko was made a scapegoat after the '10 season, both facets of blocking have been hands down worse since Moeller took over in '11. Not coincidentally, the highest our offense ever ranked in the Air Coryell era was in '09, due in large part to excellent technique and effort).

3. Focus free agency and high draft picks on the trenches. We need some blue chip guys on both sides that will not disappear in (or get pushed around) games.

[quote name='ravens88' timestamp='1355772256' post='1267918']
dont agree on Jimmy smith at all
[/quote]
What has he done? He's benn hurt most of his first two years with us. He doesn't start and whenever he's on the field qb's go at him and get completions. He has the worst hips of cb I've seen. He tries to be really aggressive which causes him to get killed on double moves. If you're not releasing we should defnitely restructure his deal. He's getting paid starting cb money and as of right now he's not playing like a starting cb before or after his injuries.

I stop reading at Jimmy Smith thing; 1st round pick with great potential hit with a release? are you kidding?

[quote name='Corvus' timestamp='1355772281' post='1267921']
I pretty much agree with most of what you've said except the cutting of Jimmy Smith and Ed Dickson. There is really no salary-cap reason focutting Ed as he isn't making that much, even as a 3rd rounder. Jimmy has only been in the league two years, we won't give up on a first round pick that quickly. No need to worry about Cary, he decided his future when he turned down that extension at the beginning of the year. Here are my top 3 points of emphasis...

1. Franchise tag Joe Flacco. This allows you to properly evaluate him in what will be only his second offensive system in the league, while also putting him on notice that it is now or never since the old blood will all be washed away by then (see #2).

2. Overhaul the offensive system. Put Caldwell
back to QB coach, find a west coast type offensive coordinator who can understand the type of personnel he has and even accept input on what they can do the best. Fire Andy Moeller and bring in a new o-line coach (still shaking my head on how NO ONE on these forums ever seems to mention how Matsko was made a scapegoat after the '10 season, both facets of blocking have been hands down worse since Moeller took over in '11. Not coincidentally, the highest our offense ever ranked in the Air Coryell era was in '09, due in large part to excellent technique and effort).

3. Focus free agency and high draft picks on the trenches. We need some blue chip guys on both sides that will not disappear in (or get pushed around) games.
[/quote]

The franchis tag will be really expensive for a QB it would kill our cap I think you try to get him signed for a 11-14 million a year deal wih a decent signing bonus that way if after a year or two he continues to regress we could cut our losses without it killing our cap. I may be harsh with Jimmy but he was on the field for three plays. One was special teams and the other two as a cb. peyton went at him 2 straight times with completions. As soon as he went off the field #24 and #39 kept the wr they were guarding at bay.

[quote name='Blackbirds Rule' timestamp='1355772459' post='1267925']
What has he done? He's benn hurt most of his first two years with us. He doesn't start and whenever he's on the field qb's go at him and get completions. He has the worst hips of cb I've seen. He tries to be really aggressive which causes him to get killed on double moves. If you're not releasing we should defnitely restructure his deal. He's getting paid starting cb money and as of right now he's not playing like a starting cb before or after his injuries.
[/quote]

as someone else has said he has had little time to even play with injury which can be concerning his play is that of a second year player one that has had 1 offseason training camp. Corner is one of the most difficult positions to play. not only that but you say to free up money he is on the second year of his rookie deal he is a small fraction of our salary cap. you also say dont pay cary so now we have webb graham cykie brown i like graham but theres no depth id rather keep a promising second year CB than make that roster move. does smith need to work on his weaknesses? absolutely but theres a bigger picture than giving up on someone that quick with that much ability, thats my opinion. i agree on alot of things you say but this one i strongly disagree on.

[quote name='ravensfan2430' timestamp='1355771520' post='1267902']
See if Cam is available. LOL
[/quote] As in Cam Newton I'll take him!!

[quote name='ravens88' timestamp='1355773159' post='1267949']
as someone else has said he has had little time to even play with injury which can be concerning his play is that of a second year player one that has had 1 offseason training camp. Corner is one of the most difficult positions to play. not only that but you say to free up money he is on the second year of his rookie deal he is a small fraction of our salary cap. you also say dont pay cary so now we have webb graham cykie brown i like graham but theres no depth id rather keep a promising second year CB than make that roster move. does smith need to work on his weaknesses? absolutely but theres a bigger picture than giving up on someone that quick with that much ability, thats my opinion. i agree on alot of things you say but this one i strongly disagree on.
[/quote]

I could be jumping the gun with Jimmy but everything about that game yesterday got me mad. I was at the game watching him. If he's injured next year or has to miss games he has to released he'll never learn the game from practice and training camp he needs to be on the field and he can't get on the field that's whats frustrating me regarding him. He played very well during the playoffs for us last year and I had high hopes for him. this year I've been more impressed with Cary. Although I still don't think Cary is worth big money for a cb.

[quote name='Blackbirds Rule' timestamp='1355772723' post='1267939']

The franchis tag will be really expensive for a QB it would kill our cap I think you try to get him signed for a 11-14 million a year deal wih a decent signing bonus that way if after a year or two he continues to regress we could cut our losses without it killing our cap. I may be harsh with Jimmy but he was on the field for three plays. One was special teams and the other two as a cb. peyton went at him 2 straight times with completions. As soon as he went off the field #24 and #39 kept the wr they were guarding at bay.
[/quote]

You're right that franchising Flacco would put us in a tighter spot, but honestly, if I'm Steve or Ozzie, I don't see another option apart from letting him walk. In my opinion, Cam should have been gone after '10 (I know he didn't "drop the pass" etc etc but the signs were there throughout that season that this was what the future of the Cameron offense held) but they both stepped back and deferred to Harbs and his friendship with Cam (the only true flaw I have consistently seen in Harbs IMO other than the occassional clock mismanagement) and let this go on for almost two more full seasons. We could have had two seasons of Flacco, Rice, and company in a new system that perhaps isnt, oh I dunno, OUTDATED and it would have made sense from a long-term financial standpoint. You can probably look up threads from after we lost to Pittsburgh in the playoffs that year and see posts of mine saying that it made since for the teams' financial future to go ahead and get rid of Cam so we can figure out who exactly we want to lock up long term.

Now I've been a Flacco supporter since day 1 and unlike many here, I still support him right now. But the entire offense isn't inspiring anyone over the last 4 games and its not going to change THIS season anyway. Since the front office waited so long to pull the plug on Air Coryell, they really don't know what in the heck we have with Flacco. He has proven over and over that he can be clutch and at the same time he has had us sighing in disbelief many other times. I guess all I'm saying is, since it took so long to get to this point, were it my money I would be hesitant to sign Joe to any sort of long term deal, hence my reasoning from my original post. Sorry for posting so much, thanks for reading it all if you do, haha...

PUT IN TYROD!!! FLACCO IS A WASTE!!!

just kidding.

agree with everything except for cutting jimmy. Signing mike wallace is a little dangerous. watching him play sometimes he comes up big and other times he chokes. as for the draft, o-line/wr is our biggest priority. maybe a lb, but probably not.

[quote name='Blackbirds Rule' timestamp='1355773861' post='1267973']
I could be jumping the gun with Jimmy but everything about that game yesterday got me mad. I was at the game watching him. If he's injured next year or has to miss games he has to released he'll never learn the game from practice and training camp he needs to be on the field and he can't get on the field that's whats frustrating me regarding him. He played very well during the playoffs for us last year and I had high hopes for him. this year I've been more impressed with Cary. Although I still don't think Cary is worth big money for a cb.
[/quote]

I agree he cant keep getting hurt its affecting the team and his development especially he hasnt done anything this year that has impressed me but i think he will need time to develop as most players do to early to cut him. Cary will not be here next year i dont think, someone will pay him more than we offer and good for him. anothr point you have made is Mckinnie he will be gone for sure he getting 2 mil this year and harbaugh seems ademate that he wont see the field unless we lose a OT to injury. Flacco's contract is first in the offseason list i think he demands 10-12mill avg with incentives raising that number. either way this offseason will be a tough one with Ed and flacco's contracts especially with how everyone seems to be under performing most of the year.

Me: Hey Oz..might want to keep this within reaching distance.

[img]http://seattlesportsnet.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/panicbutton.jpg[/img]

Oz: Thanks

Too many extremes.

1. I like Caldwell and he could make an excellent OC in time but Flacco will be heading into his 6th year and can't wait for that. This isn't a rookie QB starting with a new OC. Flacco needs someone who has been an OC for years and is good at it. Nothing against Caldwell but time is an issue here.

2. Sign Flacco for low end money around 11-13 mil.

3. Re-Sign Ed with the money Ray Lewis and Birk will leave.

4. Re-Sign Kruger This guy is a beast as a rotational pass rusher and will be a great 3rd down guy with Upshaw playing the first 2. Just pray Suggs is healthy.

5. Draft a solid DE/NT. Maybe a guy like Jesse Willams if he falls. He and Ngata will be a force on the D-line. Give Ngata a tough working guy to believe in so he tries every play.

6. O-Line. We NEED a Left Tackle. Give Gino the starting job at Center switch Oher to right tackle and Osemele to left guard. I don't care if we can't get a top flight LT any solid guy on the market will do.

Oh and last but not least. Apologize to whatever football gods we angered that plagued us with so many injuries.

[quote name='Blackbirds Rule' timestamp='1355770975' post='1267888']
1. Franchise tag Flacco and listen to offers for trades. But mainly this is to give him one more year before we give him a long term contract. Gives him another year to try and break out/show up.

2. Release Bobbie Williams and McKinnie.

3. Let Ed Reed walk

4. Ray Lewis will be back, Birk probably will retire

5. Let Cary test market, sign him if financially reasonable.

6. With regards to free agency, build up the trenches.

7. I am all for trading up to get a knock out player in the first round. Who is 2013's JJ Watt?!?!

8. Unless the Panthers fire Riviera or any other D Coord is available, keep Pees

9. LT is the priority, we can groom a guard easier than we can find a franchise LT. Main priority in free agency is LT and Pass rush (interior).

10. There will be some fired coaches to take a look at for filling our OC position.

[/quote]

My opinion.

- I don't agree with letting both Cary Williams and Jimmy Smith go. I'd like to keep both of them.
- Trading up in the 1st round sounds good, but at what cost?
- Ed Reed for 3 more years. That sounds like a stretch for a guy who doesn't tackle much anymore.
- The best suggeston was to sign an offensive coordinator.

Completely disagree with letting Ed Dickson go, as much as everyone hates him. Spotty hands don't mean he's not a matchup problem for LBs and safeties. Spotty hands don't mean he can't work the seams. Yes he has spotty hands, but if given enough chances and healthy, he can definitely produce as our #2 TE.

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1355803307' post='1268694']
Fix the OL and DL. All our problems go away.
[/quote]

I agree with this sentiment.

I won't be player-specific, but:

1) [b]Rebuild the offensive and defensive line[/b]; you can only truly isolate your areas of need once you've got the trenches shored up.
2) [b]Target veteran depth in the secondary[/b]; there's enough young guys on the roster but not enough experience in substitutions.
3) [b]Hire a new WR coach[/b]; the receiving corps has shown flashes of brilliance but is inconsistent with the fundamentals.
4)[b] Sign a veteran backup QB[/b]; the assumption is that Flacco will either stay with an average contract or will earn himself big money in the postseason. Regardless, he needs a clipboard-savvy veteran to guide him, similar to Todd Bouman earlier in his career. Competition is also healthy.
5) [b]Scout interior linebackers but don't force it[/b]; if there's no one worthy of starting immediately, don't force the issue. However, it's smart to keep an eye on the position sooner than later.

This is ALL assuming the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl this year with an amazing run through the playoffs...(that obviously saves a lot of people)

Now that people are FINALLY seeing the light, and it seems like more and more people are starting to say what I've been saying for the last 2 years...

The one thing that HAS to change is the quarterback. Period, point blank, bottom line... you have to get someone else in there now. If they suck, fine... maybe this time the organization will finally realize they can't be giving a guy 5 years to prove himself.

Whether it's Tyrod Taylor, or you sign a free agent, trade for someone, or draft someone. Flacco can't be the QB any longer.

You need a new guy in here NOW that the young receivers can grow with. Torrey Smith, LaQuan Williams, Tandon Doss... let's not wait until they are all 30 years old to finally get them a QB they can develop some chemistry with.

Harbaugh can stay or he can go. I don't think it makes much difference. It's a personal preference of mine that I'd like to see someone else, but it doesn't make or break the near future. Billick got fired because the lockeroom was supposedly "divided." I'm pretty much seeing the same thing this season... the defense plays good, but eventually just quits after being sabotaged by their own offense again and again.

There's a lot of criticism of the entire offense around Flacco. Personally, I'd like to see what they can do when playing for another QB first. I really think they have capable receivers. The line... they seem to do just fine no matter if Rice or Pierce are running. Which brings me to my next point.... there was no point in paying Ray Rice. He's got gaudy numbers because Flacco often looked to him before the receivers. I'm pretty sure Pierce or McGahee, or anyone else could have helped the team just as much, and for less money.

It's too late to take my advice of 2 years ago... to trade Flacco and Rice for teams plenty eager to overpay with multiple high draft picks. But it's not to late to see if anyone is willing to give up maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Flacco. Maybe trade Flacco and the Ravens first round pick.... to move up in this years draft and take a high prospect.(I don't watch enough college ball to name any specific player).

The defense... the pass rush has to improve. And I've been saying they need linebackers for the last 4 years. I was hoping they'd get a guy to learn along side Ray Lewis. I fear they've missed that window, and that 52 won't be coming back. But even without him to learn from, they have to get some linebackers. Start looking for a free safety too. I think we'll still have Pollard, the corners, and Suggs for a while. I'm not sure whether linebackers or a defensive end opposite of Suggs will help the pass rush more... but something has to be done. It very-well could be the coordinator. The blitzes never seem to look as creative as most other teams. I hope the team can keep Williams and Smith. I'm still not sold on Jimmy Smith, both talent-wise and durability-wise. If they can't keep Williams, I hope they look to sign Danny Gorrer back.

Special teams.... DON'T CHANGE A THING! KEEP EVERYONE!

Like I said... if they end up running through the playoffs and winning it all, this all changes.

If I had input on Ozzie...
1. Do not resign Flacco
2. find a legimate left takle either by trade or signing... move Oher to Right, KO to left guard, and talk Birk into Retirement... either sign a good center, or hope Boren(from practice squad) or Gradkoski(spelling don't know it) is ready
3. resign restricted free agents
4. Resign Ellerbe, Kruger, Ed for 2 years
5. trade up and get quality D players (DT, End, or middle linebacker, maybe even a quality Outside linebacker
6. Move on with Taylor at qb but either sign a cheap vet and draft a qb or make Dixion push Taylor for the #1 job. Taylor could be good on rollouts and short route plays that we tend to forget about... playaction etc. BUt having Dixion and Taylor as mobile qbs could allow us to be creative without changing the game plan if one goes down. Plus if we spend this year on the line and Defense and suck we may have a chance at Johnny football the year after (i also like Morris from the "U" as a late round pick)and start the run over, plus with a good line we could put the three headed monster back in play, we have quality running backs Rice, Pierce, Allen, also with Berry, and Rainey on ir)
7. Keep Caldwell on and hope he brings the system they ran in Indy, he still had balance running the ball and using playaction, short routes no huddle
8. Pees has done well with our reserves and we did lose 2 major components of our defense in Redding and Johnson, I think he will make the right changes if #5 happens.

But if we spend a great deal on Flacco, we won't be able to get a quality LT. I don't want to lose Boldin which could happen to save money. If we change the system and use him like the Colts used Wayne he can do great things with the Speed on the outside and the TE in the middle. If we can save money and move on by not resigning Flacco and put that money back in the trenches(oline, Dline) we can bring a new qb along and hope he mananges the game instead of losing it for us. But that is what I want hate me if you must.

[quote name='edreedfromtheu' timestamp='1355809273' post='1268795']
This is ALL assuming the Ravens don't win the Super Bowl this year with an amazing run through the playoffs...(that obviously saves a lot of people)

Now that people are FINALLY seeing the light, and it seems like more and more people are starting to say what I've been saying for the last 2 years...

The one thing that HAS to change is the quarterback. Period, point blank, bottom line... you have to get someone else in there now. If they suck, fine... maybe this time the organization will finally realize they can't be giving a guy 5 years to prove himself.

Whether it's Tyrod Taylor, or you sign a free agent, trade for someone, or draft someone. Flacco can't be the QB any longer.

You need a new guy in here NOW that the young receivers can grow with. Torrey Smith, LaQuan Williams, Tandon Doss... let's not wait until they are all 30 years old to finally get them a QB they can develop some chemistry with.

Harbaugh can stay or he can go. I don't think it makes much difference. It's a personal preference of mine that I'd like to see someone else, but it doesn't make or break the near future. Billick got fired because the lockeroom was supposedly "divided." I'm pretty much seeing the same thing this season... the defense plays good, but eventually just quits after being sabotaged by their own offense again and again.

There's a lot of criticism of the entire offense around Flacco. Personally, I'd like to see what they can do when playing for another QB first. I really think they have capable receivers. The line... they seem to do just fine no matter if Rice or Pierce are running. Which brings me to my next point.... there was no point in paying Ray Rice. He's got gaudy numbers because Flacco often looked to him before the receivers. I'm pretty sure Pierce or McGahee, or anyone else could have helped the team just as much, and for less money.

It's too late to take my advice of 2 years ago... to trade Flacco and Rice for teams plenty eager to overpay with multiple high draft picks. But it's not to late to see if anyone is willing to give up maybe a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Flacco. Maybe trade Flacco and the Ravens first round pick.... to move up in this years draft and take a high prospect.(I don't watch enough college ball to name any specific player).

The defense... the pass rush has to improve. And I've been saying they need linebackers for the last 4 years. I was hoping they'd get a guy to learn along side Ray Lewis. I fear they've missed that window, and that 52 won't be coming back. But even without him to learn from, they have to get some linebackers. Start looking for a free safety too. I think we'll still have Pollard, the corners, and Suggs for a while. I'm not sure whether linebackers or a defensive end opposite of Suggs will help the pass rush more... but something has to be done. It very-well could be the coordinator. The blitzes never seem to look as creative as most other teams. I hope the team can keep Williams and Smith. I'm still not sold on Jimmy Smith, both talent-wise and durability-wise. If they can't keep Williams, I hope they look to sign Danny Gorrer back.

Special teams.... DON'T CHANGE A THING! KEEP EVERYONE!

Like I said... if they end up running through the playoffs and winning it all, this all changes.
[/quote]

I don't want to trade Rice but if we do we still have quality running backs waiting in line... Power, straight ahead runner in Berry, and speed out of the backfield and a Rice mold in Berry... and not not even including Pierce and Allen(not so much Allen). Oh and I still like Jimmy, let Cary walk... everyone talks about Smith but dbs like Smith, Webb, and Correy aren't a bad lineup wither.

The irrelevant way is the best way!
Follow my mock.... In draft #4
1. HIRE JIM ZORN
Flaccos best season was with Zorn at the helm. Zorn will kill him if he doesn't improve.
2. Fire The Oline Coach
There is no excuse for how poor the oline is playing....... Literally, if Peyton had this oline, he would suck too
3. Restructure Ray and Boldins deal
We need a HUGE offseason. These two have large contracts. They don't deserve it anymore
4. with new found cap space give Joe a Shaub deal. Need I say more.
5. The deal Joe has will still leave us with TONS of cap room! So heavily peruse Brandon Albert!
Oher is meant to be a RT, Osemele is meant to be a Guard. Albert is a good Olinemen who would give Flacco great protection for years.
6. See if you can get Shaun Phillips. We have enough to get pretty much whoever the hell we want in this scenario. Phillips would be a solid addition to this team next to Suggs. Underrated LB that won't ask for too much. A two year deal is good.
7. If you cannot restructure Q, give money to Amendola. Great slot guy.... Need I say more
8. Trade up in the draft, or get another pick in the first.
Pass rusher and NT and a WR #1 are needs. Keenan Allen and Ogeltree would be one hell of a first round..... And Williams in the second.
9. Demote Pees back to LB coach. Hire The DB coach in Seattle.

If I had Ozzie's ear, I'd suggest to him that he look in the mirror along with everyone else. Last year, he built a team to beat the Steelers and we did it twice. This year he did not distinguish himself with draft picks and/or free agent pick-ups. Except for Courtney Upshaw, our draft was weak and we didn't shore up the right positions. Its obvious that the linebacker position is one of our weakest on the depth chart and our O-line is weak at best.

Definite Keepers are: Flacco, Boldin, Doss,Torrey Smith, Oher at RT, Cary Williams, Ed Reed, Kruger, Graham, Streeter & Lewis

Expendables: Birk, Kindle, David Reed, Dickson, Dixon, Taylor, Laquan Williams, Bobbie Williams, McKinnie, Jimmy Smith, Idhegibo & Considine

Most urgently needed Acquisitions thru free agency: LT, ILB, OLB, WR, TE & Veteran Backup QB like Matt Hasselback to mentor Joe

Draft: O-Lineman, D-Lineman, Running Back, WR

[quote name='frozen joe flacco fan' timestamp='1355815320' post='1268886']
If I had Ozzie's ear, I'd suggest to him that he look in the mirror along with everyone else. Last year, he built a team to beat the Steelers and we did it twice. This year he did not distinguish himself with draft picks and/or free agent pick-ups. Except for Courtney Upshaw, our draft was weak and we didn't shore up the right positions. Its obvious that the linebacker position is one of our weakest on the depth chart and our O-line is weak at best.

Definite Keepers are: Flacco, Boldin, Doss,Torrey Smith, Oher at RT, Cary Williams, Ed Reed, Kruger, Graham, Streeter & Lewis

Expendables: Birk, Kindle, David Reed, Dickson, Dixon, Taylor, Laquan Williams, Bobbie Williams, McKinnie, Jimmy Smith, Idhegibo & Considine

Most urgently needed Acquisitions thru free agency: LT, ILB, OLB, WR, TE & Veteran Backup QB like Matt Hasselback to mentor Joe

Draft: O-Lineman, D-Lineman, Running Back, WR
[/quote]
Joe just needs Zorn back. Switch Jimmy and Cary....

[quote name='ravensfan520' timestamp='1355812079' post='1268857']
If I had input on Ozzie...
1. Do not resign Flacco
2. find a legimate left takle either by trade or signing... move Oher to Right, KO to left guard, and talk Birk into Retirement... either sign a good center, or hope Boren(from practice squad) or Gradkoski(spelling don't know it) is ready
3. resign restricted free agents
4. Resign Ellerbe, Kruger, Ed for 2 years
5. trade up and get quality D players (DT, End, or middle linebacker, maybe even a quality Outside linebacker
6. Move on with Taylor at qb but either sign a cheap vet and draft a qb or make Dixion push Taylor for the #1 job. Taylor could be good on rollouts and short route plays that we tend to forget about... playaction etc. BUt having Dixion and Taylor as mobile qbs could allow us to be creative without changing the game plan if one goes down. Plus if we spend this year on the line and Defense and suck we may have a chance at Johnny football the year after (i also like Morris from the "U" as a late round pick)and start the run over, plus with a good line we could put the three headed monster back in play, we have quality running backs Rice, Pierce, Allen, also with Berry, and Rainey on ir)
7. Keep Caldwell on and hope he brings the system they ran in Indy, he still had balance running the ball and using playaction, short routes no huddle
8. Pees has done well with our reserves and we did lose 2 major components of our defense in Redding and Johnson, I think he will make the right changes if #5 happens.

But if we spend a great deal on Flacco, we won't be able to get a quality LT. I don't want to lose Boldin which could happen to save money. If we change the system and use him like the Colts used Wayne he can do great things with the Speed on the outside and the TE in the middle. If we can save money and move on by not resigning Flacco and put that money back in the trenches(oline, Dline) we can bring a new qb along and hope he mananges the game instead of losing it for us. But that is what I want hate me if you must.
[/quote]

Pretty hilarious....you want to get rid of Flacco, then you go on to acknowledge that our LT and C sucks and our offensive scheme lacks balance and needs to change.

You Flacco bashers never fail to amuse me...I guess it is Flacco's fault that the OL and the system sucks, so get rid of him!!

[quote name='flynismo' timestamp='1355816063' post='1268897']

Pretty hilarious....you want to get rid of Flacco, then you go on to acknowledge that our LT and C sucks and our offensive scheme lacks balance and needs to change.

You Flacco bashers never fail to amuse me...I guess it is Flacco's fault that the OL and the system sucks, so get rid of him!!
[/quote]
Common sense isn't allowed on these boards, it's the unwritten rule....... NONE IS ALLOWED!
He has played like total crap the past three games, but a crap oline has a lot to do with it.