Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/17: Three Teams Can Still Win AFC North

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

What they're saying about Caldwell. Why not call timeout? Reed couldn't react to hurdle (GIF).

View the full article

#2 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

That was the earliest I've ever left a home game. I can't think of any silver lining to that game, it was really pathetic all the way around. I still think firing Cam was the right call, but the offense still looked terrible. I guess we got two more games to get this figured out.

#3 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't think we are going to get our stuff together anytime soon. That loss to the Steelers was just demoralizing and completely through us out of wack. We can thank Mike Tomlin's squad for dooming our season.

#4 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

The Ravens are in the dance. Heal up the injuries. Activate Sergio Kindle and IR Dickson. Release anybody and try Carr or Hamilton for two games. Suggs&Lewis can rest but can Kindle,Hamilton or Carr help now and in the ?future? Offensively,Andy Reid might love Baltimore fans next year.the Eagles will love Flacco.

#5 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts

After Flacco fumbled the ball on the QB sneak I was furious; when the team kept going 3 and out while the defense put up valiant effort after valiant effort I was seething. However when Flacco threw that interception I was emotionless-- much like... well, Flacco himself. At this point any Ravens fan that has tracked Flacco's career closely should know what he is, and accept him for who he is. Even though Matt Ryan has never won a playoff game, deep down we all wish we had Ryan under center in Baltimore; and this is based on Matt and Joe's bodies of work throughout their careers.

Joe Flacco seems content to rest on his laurels-- whatever they may be. When he fails to move the ball, he says, "we failed to move the ball as an offense". Granted he gives the entire offense credit when they are successful, but a true leader puts blame squarely on his own shoulders when appropriate. Flacco, for the first time I remember, criticized himself for that boneheaded interception; but why wouldn't he, we all saw it happen and there is no other place to dissipate the blame. There was no pass rush, the snap was good, he had 3 timeouts, and there was no Cam Cameron.

I remember Flacco's press conference after the loss to Pittsburgh in Baltimore 3 weeks ago. The dude sounded noncommittal saying people were "acting like the Ravens are 3 and 9, when they are 9 and 3", instead of seeing the bigger picture that the Ravens just had their streak broken on a night that they could easily have extended that streak for another game if he takes a step or two up in the pocket. Well, newsflash Joe: Now you are 9 and 5 with no shot at a bye week, and you have fumbled the ball and thrown boneheaded interceptions in all games in this 3 game losing streak (each one looking worse than the previous). Harbaugh looks slightly ridiculous keeping Bryant McKinnie in his 'doghouse' while his starting QB continues to be Santa Claus for opposing teams.

This is where Ozzie and Harbs will earn their money: What do you do with Joe Flacco? Top 15 QB sure. Top 10, I wouldn’t go that far, but I won't bash anyone who does. Top 5, then you're crazier than Joes Flacco and Linta! I say give him a decent contract that reflects a QB in the 10-15 range, if he balks let him walk and officially go into retooling mode. After all that was where we were when we drafted Joe and we have been in the playoffs every year since. The AFC North is not as powerful as it has been so we should be able to remain relevant in the division with the weapons we have and our running game. If Flacco wants to be elite he needs to start doing things like Brees, Roethlisberger and Brady; those dudes absolutely hate to lose-- Flacco has demonstrated he can live with it. At this point the desire does not match the talent, and that is what is holding Flacco and the Ravens back.

Edited by roamingcharges, 17 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#6 SleepyJ

SleepyJ

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

This last two games will tell us whether or not Joe Flacco should be brought back next year. I hope the 49ers release Alex Smith and we pick him up during the off season because Flacco continue to go backwards. I watch that game and look at Payon Manning and see how he runs the offense. His technique, his execution and his poise. I wish Flacco could play at that level like know he can. Flacco has to play better period. He has to make his throws, make his reads and most importatn protect the football.

#7 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Three losses in a row at home? The Ravens? NEVER!!!

#8 wwwski44

wwwski44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

let the ravens move out of town like thecolts and then what we got to complain about

#9 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

Harbs that was a stupid call. The talk all week long was that maybe the Ravens will now utilize Ray Rice more and you get to the 4 yard line and you pass the ball? You mean you have a pro bowl $40mm running back and you want to pass in that situation? Meanwhile when you are 2nd and 20 you want to run and throw underneath passes that only pick up 2 or 3 yards....

What's really going unnoticed here is that Ray Rice - not saying he doesn't want to win, but imagine if this were his contract year. He'd let everybody know that he wants the ball. It's not his contract year. He got his money in the off-season so guess what - if you pay him no mind, he's not going to care. Again, I'm not saying the guy doesn't want to win, but he can only be a team player and I guess kudos to him for taking the high road about the situation. But I ask, why should you pay him that kind of money and not give him as many touches as possible?

#10 ravenfan79

ravenfan79

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

After the pitiful lost against the broncos, the ravens are not going to win the last two games. stupid mistakes from the coaching staff and player, they created their own problems. Ed Reed has to go, he is no longer a factor in defense. Joe Flacco used very poor judgement and decision making when driving the offense.
with seconds left, use the time-out to regroup...run the ball...quarterback keeper...spread out the defense...
defensive plays were too conservative...play man and blitz! keep blitzing until mannning get tired of running around then re-adjust the defense.
Ed reed has to go...he is not a factor!
hopefully, the squealers and bungles lost the last few games...then we could have another chance at the AFC Championship...LMAO!
REX RYAN might become available at the end of the season...Harbaugh...put your feelings aside and recruit REX as defensive coordinator and pay him what ever. your opportunity to recruit...Jack Del Rio and Milke Nolan at defensive coordinator was a great opportunity to develop the defense to what was once the best defense in the league...not a laughing stock!
Also, Alex Smith might become available soon or trade for Cousins of the eagles...
Baltimore is known for its defense...bring us back to the most fear team in the land...

#11 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

What a shocker!! Reed has another excuse as to why he cant tackle... now he is dealing with the flu.... SMH - MAN UP REED!!!

#12 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I dont blame the hurry up before half time on Caldwell or Harbs. It's a good plan to keep the defense off balance in that situation and go for the quick score. I would have called the time out and ran it a few times to guarantee points but that's me.
That interception was all on Flacco. He did not even think for a moment about not throwing that ball. He was going to throw to Boldin no matter what.
I was not surprised in the least. I showed the same lack of emotion as Joe usually does.
I half expected it to happen.

#13 easternshore97

easternshore97

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

After Flacco fumbled the ball on the QB sneak I was furious; when the team kept going 3 and out while the defense put up valiant effort after valiant effort I was seething. However when Flacco threw that interception I was emotionless-- much like... well, Flacco himself. At this point any Ravens fan that has tracked Flacco's career closely should know what he is, and accept him for who he is. Even though Matt Ryan has never won a playoff game, deep down we all wish we had Ryan under center in Baltimore; and this is based on Matt and Joe's bodies of work throughout their careers.

Joe Flacco seems content to rest on his laurels-- whatever they may be. When he fails to move the ball, he says, "we failed to move the ball as an offense". Granted he gives the entire offense credit when they are successful, but a true leader puts blame squarely on his own shoulders when appropriate. Flacco, for the first time I remember, criticized himself for that boneheaded interception; but why wouldn't he, we all saw it happen and there is no other place to dissipate the blame. There was no pass rush, the snap was good, he had 3 timeouts, and there was no Cam Cameron.

I remember Flacco's press conference after the loss to Pittsburgh in Baltimore 3 weeks ago. The dude sounded noncommittal saying people were "acting like the Ravens are 3 and 9, when they are 9 and 3", instead of seeing the bigger picture that the Ravens just had their streak broken on a night that they could easily have extended that streak for another game if he takes a step or two up in the pocket. Well, newsflash Joe: Now you are 9 and 5 with no shot at a bye week, and you have fumbled the ball and thrown boneheaded interceptions in all games in this 3 game losing streak (each one looking worse than the previous). Harbaugh looks slightly ridiculous keeping Bryant McKinnie in his 'doghouse' while his starting QB continues to be Santa Claus for opposing teams.

This is where Ozzie and Harbs will earn their money: What do you do with Joe Flacco? Top 15 QB sure. Top 10, I wouldn’t go that far, but I won't bash anyone who does. Top 5, then you're crazier than Joes Flacco and Linta! I say give him a decent contract that reflects a QB in the 10-15 range, if he balks let him walk and officially go into retooling mode. After all that was where we were when we drafted Joe and we have been in the playoffs every year since. The AFC North is not as powerful as it has been so we should be able to remain relevant in the division with the weapons we have and our running game. If Flacco wants to be elite he needs to start doing things like Brees, Roethlisberger and Brady; those dudes absolutely hate to lose-- Flacco has demonstrated he can live with it. At this point the desire does not match the talent, and that is what is holding Flacco and the Ravens back.

Wish I could give you 2 pluses because you made an excellent point about Joe's statement of 'why is everybody actin like we're 1-12' or whatever that ignorant remark was (I was furious), and you made an excellent point about Harbs having McKinnie on the bench.

I've never really questioned the 2...I've only had some gripes with them since the body of work has been 5 winning seasons, 5 playoff appearances. But this year, I'm just fed up. If you're so flippin elite, how about you fix your pocket presence or simply start running to pick up an extra 5 or 7 yards rather than just hold on to the ball so you can show everyone that you can make the perfect throw?????? That's what makes you elite - you move the chains whether it's with your arm or your feet. If the decision on McKinnie had to do with the no-huddle offense and you're not playing no-huddle, why the heck is he on the bench?

#14 Big G

Big G

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

@roamingcharges I agree with everything you said. While Flacco needs to step up so does the O-Line. I feel that if they had used McKinney all season we would have won the philly game, home steelers game and the redskins game. I do feel that Houston and Denver out played us and McKinney would not have made a difference. What this shows is that Harbaugh is more concerned about his Dog House then putting the best players on the field. This needs to change for the Ravens to have a chance.

#15 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

That pick-6 play was dumb. Period. No one in this universe can disagree with that.

#16 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm thinking about making my new team the Bengals. They're "up and coming," right?

#17 NCMan

NCMan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

Reed needs to retire. He always seems to have an excuse or be whining about something. His best days are way behind him. I also believe Ray Lewis will hang it up after this season. For that, I'm sad for him to go out like this. He is the best ever at his position and a class act. As for crybaby Reed, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

#18 J.O.14

J.O.14

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Okay, some of the comments on here are pretty dumb, saying you want to get a new team? Have the team move out of town? You all are real fans. Im a ravens fan till i die, and we have seen much worse times. We are all spoiled about the past 4 years of success in the playoffs, going on 5. Now i know we have problems, and i think a lot of work needs to be done in the offseason. Honestly, i don't think we need to "rebuild", atleast on both sides of the ball. Defensively, we might have to take a look. Our front 4 have been getting blown off the ball all season, that is why we can't stop the run, even when we were healthy. It might be better to let Ed Reed walk, he can't tackle anymore, honestly he isn't making any plays, and when he does pick off a pass it comes against rookie QB's or backups. Our secondary might be okay, we will get Webb back, and i think the key to a good secondary is a good pass rush, which hasn't been the best for us this year. We need to look into improving our front 7 on D this offseason.

Offensively, i know a lot of people are upset with Joe right now, but we really don't have any better options right now. There are not any QB's worth drafting in the draft that would push him let alone take over as starter. He will atleast keep us competing from year to year. Our OL needs improvement, i thinnk that is an area we need to fix on offense. If we fix the OL i think our whole offense will get a lot better, Flacco didn't have all the time in the world yesterday. Reciever wise, i think our group is good!! They were just never used correctly imo by cameron. Maybe bring in a slot guy (amendola or a welker like) and i think Tavon Austin would be a good pickup in the 2nd or 3rd if he is still around. We are still a good football team, and i thnk not being healthy has really hurt us this year, and im not giving up hope. Cause if we can get a somewhat healthy D before playoff time, then i think we can do some damage.

#19 dhartm2

dhartm2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

I was calling Ed Reed a liability in the preseason and was getting killed for it. Now it seems he has run out good will from a lot of fans. If he can't tackle, and he can't cover, and he only seems to get interceptions on poorly thrown balls, why is he on the field? I'm all about his passion, but at times that seems to turn negative, which isn't what this team needs.

We've got Flacco showing no emotion, Reed looking upset all the time, Ray disinterested, and Rice giving up 15 carries a game to Pierce. Where's the leadership with this team?

#20 propjoe

propjoe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone including coaching staff, front office have confidence in Flacco anymore? Flacco is only good when he has all day to throw and defense is playing soft zone coverage. If those factors change then he stinks. Man I wonder what Ozzie is going to do in the off season....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users