Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info »
Close

Photo

How Long do we have to Suffer Bad Football?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

This brand of football we are putting on the field lately is pretty bad to watch, the word is PUTRID. Mistakes all over the place. I have to look at the top for the undiscipline that keep costing us games.
In a word, Playoffs? How?

#2 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

1 week.
"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#3 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:27 AM

We look like the Browns/Bungals of the old. Honestly, if the players wants to keep it up at this pace we are the WORST playoff team in AFC/NFC. No joke.

#4 CTSxViper

CTSxViper

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

No doubt we have been playing bad but we are seriously hindered with all the players out with injuries. We still have our next game to get it together and produce a win. We luckily landed a playoff berth, now we need to absolutely capitalize on it.

#5 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

What we are is spoiled rotten.

How long must we suffer bad football. Really. We lost the last 3 games but can't say they were all "bad football" exactly.

Want to talk about bad football? About long suffering? Go talk to a Browns' fan or a Bills' fan. Then come on back here where you have it good.

We are a team decimated by injuries. I think Reed, Suggs and Cary Williams were our only 3 starters left on defense today and 2 of them are playing injured! Torrey Smith went down today. Dickson is already down. We just changed our OC and shook things up.

I used to argue how we were the best fan base around. I'm beginning to doubt it.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#6 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

How long must we suffer bad football. Really. We lost the last 3 games but can't say they were all "bad football" exactly.

Want to talk about bad football? About long suffering? Go talk to a Browns' fan or a Bills' fan. Then come on back here where you have it good.

We are a team decimated by injuries. I think Reed, Suggs and Cary Williams were our only 3 starters left on defense today and 2 of them are playing injured! Torrey Smith went down today. Dickson is already down. We just changed our OC and shook things up.

I used to argue how we were the best fan base around. I'm beginning to doubt it.

I live near Oakland... Tell me about it
Ngata is healthy. That's about it...... Trolls are here until we win a game

#7 RBates

RBates

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

I don't think we are a bad team at all. We just make bad plays at inopportune times. This wont be the case every week I'm sure. Harbs has got to do a better job of managing the football game. Three timeouts and rushing on the play before the half. Joe has to be the difference maker in close games. We need the offense to sustain drives and keep the defense off the field. All and all i think alot of things are an easy fix we just need a better coach and Qb combo right now( not saying John and Flacco are not the guys) just saying that they can't both struggle at the same time. That play before half was so predictable.

#8 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

I disagree.
Protecting the football, basics like blocking, tackling, assignments, penalties. This is the worst team we have seen in years.

#9 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,626 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:03 AM

Ngata? Healthy? Did you just wake up from a coma?

He's starting.... And I just had to deal with some ID theft thing. Someones hacked in. Have to do on iPad. But he ain't a full health yet? Damn.... Screw injuries.

#10 Hraventyr

Hraventyr

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

^^. This.

I was going to say more but Ravensdfan has said it well

#11 tctony

tctony

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:44 AM

I don't think it's spoiled to expect your team to play well. Especially when they tease you by putting on great performances, only to yuck it up down the stretch.

This is a team we expected to take the next step forward. Instead they move backwards. Instead it's another year of putting the same product out there, and expecting different results.

It's not spoiled to recognize severe coaching and personnel decisional missteps. It's not spoiled to expect your team not to stink up the place. It's not spoiled to expect your team to show some heart and some cojones. It's not spoiled to expect your $8 million safety not to suck and to lead by example. It's not spoiled to expect your OL to block. It's not spoiled to expect your head coach to know how to manage the game clock. It's not spoiled to expect your FO to build depth or draft well. It's not spoiled to expect your FO to be prudent with their contracts. It's not spoiled to want your team to be trending upwards instead of downwards.

Some people need to actually analyze the situation. Yes the Ravens have had great success. Yes we are going to the playoffs. But just getting there is not enough. Was it enough for the Eagles? How about the Bills? It shouldn't be enough for us. They have ridden the coattails of their own success, and now it is catching up with them.

GO RAVENS!

Posted Image

#12 sliceanddic3

sliceanddic3

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Everyone here is definately spoiled. I live in STL, many Rams fans out here are just happy to win more than 4 games (I'm one haha) atleast the Ravens are in the playoffs yet again, we could still make noise.
Posted Image

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Keep calm and stay based. @LILBTHEBASEDGOD

"They already declared war on us… We’re taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain’t bringin no flowers with us."
- Terrell Suggs

#13 sliceanddic3

sliceanddic3

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

I don't think it's spoiled to expect your team to play well. Especially when they tease you by putting on great performances, only to yuck it up down the stretch.

This is a team we expected to take the next step forward. Instead they move backwards. Instead it's another year of putting the same product out there, and expecting different results.

It's not spoiled to recognize severe coaching and personnel decisional missteps. It's not spoiled to expect your team not to stink up the place. It's not spoiled to expect your team to show some heart and some cojones. It's not spoiled to expect your $8 million safety not to suck and to lead by example. It's not spoiled to expect your OL to block. It's not spoiled to expect your head coach to know how to manage the game clock. It's not spoiled to expect your FO to build depth or draft well. It's not spoiled to expect your FO to be prudent with their contracts. It's not spoiled to want your team to be trending upwards instead of downwards.

Some people need to actually analyze the situation. Yes the Ravens have had great success. Yes we are going to the playoffs. But just getting there is not enough. Was it enough for the Eagles? How about the Bills? It shouldn't be enough for us. They have ridden the coattails of their own success, and now it is catching up with them.

Dude, that's the definition of being spoiled, expecting something that isn't a given. Why are any of those things a given?
Posted Image

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Keep calm and stay based. @LILBTHEBASEDGOD

"They already declared war on us… We’re taking 53 men to the apocalypse and we ain’t bringin no flowers with us."
- Terrell Suggs

#14 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Dude, that's the definition of being spoiled, expecting something that isn't a given. Why are any of those things a given?

Whooooosh, over his head.
"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

#15 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Fans go nuts in baltimore after one loss three is way beyond what they can stomach . i support this team regardless and beyond wondering aloud why cary williams still has a job i'm hardly ever negative about the team . I don't think realistically we can mount a good playoff run with the injuries and now it is has jumped sides the offense is going down. I thought the young guys on defense did fairly well until they got wore out being on the field to long. this is one fan thats here good or bad

#16 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I hear all this about injuries. Our offense is somewhat healthy. They were the ones who stunk it up yesterday.
I feel the defense actually played better than we all expected.

For the few of you that are pleased with the way the season is going...there were almost 70K yesterday that definitely were not.
I heard a lot of booing, F-Bombs, and saw quite a few finger salutes going up. It has been a while since I have seen that in our stadium.

We perform the same against the Giants Sunday...it will get really ugly.

#17 PurpleCorsair

PurpleCorsair

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:24 AM

I disagree.
Protecting the football, basics like blocking, tackling, assignments, penalties. This is the worst team we have seen in years.

You must have been born after 2007....

#18 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

It's a bad stretch, but it's a bit much to say that the Ravens are bad football. Bad football is built on a consistent basis, losing season upon losing season. Going to the play-offs five years in a row (even if this year looks bleak), that's not bad football by any means.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#19 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:22 AM

Bad stretch, but bad football? This is where the spoiled part comes in.

My aunt is a Raiders fan. She can tell you all about bad football. We don't have that here.

#20 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,169 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:46 AM

All of our star defenders, Lewis, Suggs, Webb, Ngata, Reed etc are either out for the season or are so banged up that they should be. It doesn't help that our offense is still very much our typical Ravens offense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users