18 replies to this topic

#1 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Has anyone else noticed that every week for the entire Harbaugh era all we hear is...

1. "We need to be better at X, Y, and Z"
2. "We cannot do A, B and C"
3. "We're going to work on D, E and F"

(The letters are arbitrary symbols representing holes in our game that need to be fixed)

Yet EVERY week, no adjustments are EVER made, and the same reoccurring problems happen, over and over and over and over again and are NEVER I repeat NEVER! fixed...

Is this just due to the fact that are players are hopelessly inept, and fail to try to improve their game? I doubt it.

Is there a lack of leadership and will to win? Doubt it, if you came to lose take your jersey off.

Surely a simple thing like cleaning up penalties could be addressed? What do they do all week in preparation for games? Rice's 1000+ yards have been totally eclipsed and cancelled out by the number of yards we throw away in penalties. We Can't even fix that? A little discipline? A reeming out to set an example? Some sort of punishment? A time out for god's sake? Something!?

I'm just tired of never seeing any improvement it seems like with the Ravens, what you see in the first 3 weeks is usually the tale of the entire season, where as other teams like the Giants can start off cold, then heat up, go 9-7 then beat the Pats and win a ring. Why do we NEVER improve anything!?

#2 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Has anyone else noticed that every week for the entire Harbaugh era all we hear is...

1. "We need to be better at X, Y, and Z"
2. "We cannot do A, B and C"
3. "We're going to work on D, E and F"

(The letters are arbitrary symbols representing holes in our game that need to be fixed)

Yet EVERY week, no adjustments are EVER made, and the same reoccurring problems happen, over and over and over and over again and are NEVER I repeat NEVER! fixed...

Is this just due to the fact that are players are hopelessly inept, and fail to try to improve their game? I doubt it.

Is there a lack of leadership and will to win? Doubt it, if you came to lose take your jersey off.

Surely a simple thing like cleaning up penalties could be addressed? What do they do all week in preparation for games? Rice's 1000+ yards have been totally eclipsed and cancelled out by the number of yards we throw away in penalties. We Can't even fix that? A little discipline? A reeming out to set an example? Some sort of punishment? A time out for god's sake? Something!?

I'm just tired of never seeing any improvement it seems like with the Ravens, what you see in the first 3 weeks is usually the tale of the entire season, where as other teams like the Giants can start off cold, then heat up, go 9-7 then beat the Pats and win a ring. Why do we NEVER improve anything!?

Well some of it is that he tries not to give too much away.
Gumbel or Diedorf even said that it's a shame the penalties have never been fixed. That's Harbaugh's problem, he does. not. know. how. to get. better. or. change. So far all he's avoided is getting worse.
Now he can't even do that.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#3 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

Improve
O-Line
D-Line
Flacco awarness

Solution- Damn good draft/offseason with the hiring of Jim Zorn!
Banned

#4 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

Things do not improve within a season. You can't magically make players better. The week is for implementing a game plan and working on scheme. The talent level of the players is unlikely to change within a season.

#5 black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

Things do not improve within a season. You can't magically make players better. The week is for implementing a game plan and working on scheme. The talent level of the players is unlikely to change within a season.

I rebutted this in my original post. How do you explain the giants starting off so cold, not even looking like they're going to make the play offs then suddenly, "jelling" as its called, and winning a SB. Even the patriots this year started out a little cold, heck we even managed to beat them, now they're looking unstoppable except for right now they're choking vs the 49ers. Teams get hot and cold, they jel and unjel, thats part of growing as a team. We apparently dont do it very often.

#6 black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Improve
O-Line
D-Line
Flacco awarness

Solution- Damn good draft/offseason with the hiring of Jim Zorn!

awareness isn't something you train, theres no drills to teach someone to magically sense the presence of someone coming in hot at them from behind their back. Its an internal clock you have to have, your born with it or you aren't it can be slightly improved but not greatly. Flacco can't even look with his eyes at the defence and see that there are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 defenders on the line of scrimmage looking real angry, and I have 1,2,3,4,5 piss poor O linemen trying to block them....hmm maybe I should just leave this playcall with long developing route patterns...k HUT! hopeless,

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

awareness isn't something you train, theres no drills to teach someone to magically sense the presence of someone coming in hot at them from behind their back. Its an internal clock you have to have, your born with it or you aren't it can be slightly improved but not greatly. Flacco can't even look with his eyes at the defence and see that there are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 defenders on the line of scrimmage looking real angry, and I have 1,2,3,4,5 piss poor O linemen trying to block them....hmm maybe I should just leave this playcall with long developing route patterns...k HUT! hopeless,

So damn good draft instead... You cannot train it, but can improve upon it.... It was good last year, and the year before, why is it not good anymore?
Banned

#8 xxhighriser

xxhighriser

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

The defense actually looked really good first half. I don't play but I can only assume after that td before half everyone on the defensive side was dejected for doing all that work but getting now help. And the D was one of our biggest problems the beginning of the season.

1z1vj8y.png

#9 black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

So damn good draft instead... You cannot train it, but can improve upon it.... It was good last year, and the year before, why is it not good anymore?

But if he has piss poor pocket awareness, your only going to improve it into bad awareness, and this isn't a new issue for him, TSN has been broadcasting Flacco's pocket awareness issues ad nauseum today, showing sack after sack after sack where he holds onto the ball, Flaccos out here playing ball hog when we need a QB!

#10 black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:47 PM

The defense actually looked really good first half. I don't play but I can only assume after that td before half everyone on the defensive side was dejected for doing all that work but getting now help. And the D was one of our biggest problems the beginning of the season.

agreed on all points, the pass rush was much better, most of my frustration comes from our offence which hasn't been in the top 1/3 of the NFL in....forever. How many years had our defence kept us in games, just for us to squander their efforts.

#11 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

Problems will not get fixed if there is no talent to pick it up. Our oline isnt going to get any better anytime soon. Discipline seems an issue, penalities are killing us. Injuries didnt help us, sadly we wasted a good defense for the last ten years. Now we are going to be an average team in the nfl.
KCCO

#12 Ed_Reed20

Ed_Reed20

Crenshaw Pete

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,747 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Problems will not get fixed if there is no talent to pick it up. Our oline isnt going to get any better anytime soon. Discipline seems an issue, penalities are killing us. Injuries didnt help us, sadly we wasted a good defense for the last ten years. Now we are going to be an average team in the nfl.

A late-season losing streak will spell the end of this team being competitive? Wow.

Edited by Ed_Reed20, 17 December 2012 - 12:00 AM.

"...when Sean Taylor is in the neighborhood, you will feel him." - Al Michaels

Posted Image

ER20 takes off and then gets distracted by a debate going on...

#13 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

A late-season losing streak will spell the end of this team being competitive? Wow.

No, just the trend of what we have been seeing imo. Luckily we have been stopping teams in the redzone. Maybe i should rephrase a bit better, with our offense always struggling and our defense getting worse, our only hope is that we get every one to stay healthy and our defense looks like the old times, because we cant rely on our offense. Maybe i am over reacting a bit because of how badly they showed up today, theres a lot of things to address which cant happen in one season. Obviously i hope im wrong.
KCCO

#14 NARavenRush

NARavenRush

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:50 AM

The Ravens fired Cam Cameron, thinking that was the problem. Maybe we just found out differently. :sherlock:

#15 VabchRavens

VabchRavens

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

The Ravens fired Cam Cameron, thinking that was the problem. Maybe we just found out differently. :sherlock:

I believe this is why they did it. To see what they had in Flacco. If he is the problem, better to figure out before you pay him 100 million dollars.

#16 Twistidfunk

Twistidfunk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I have also grown really tired of the Ravens talking about improving every week. Having better communication blah blah blah. It is the same thing every week but we are going into week 16. This should not be happening. The correcting and communication issues should have been solved by week 8 or bye week at the latest...whatever. Not week 16. If they are still talking about it, it isn't correctable at this point.

This team is not disciplined. Lacking talent and the talent we do have is not performing.

#17 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

In one game? Lol.

#18 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,979 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

I rebutted this in my original post. How do you explain the giants starting off so cold, not even looking like they're going to make the play offs then suddenly, "jelling" as its called, and winning a SB. Even the patriots this year started out a little cold, heck we even managed to beat them, now they're looking unstoppable except for right now they're choking vs the 49ers. Teams get hot and cold, they jel and unjel, thats part of growing as a team. We apparently dont do it very often.

Usually, they don't. It's hard for players to improve at things like tackling, blocking, and coverage during a season. It rarely happens.

#19 Displaced Fan

Displaced Fan

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

A perfect example of "adjustments" was shown by Broncos. When pass rush got to Manning, immediately they ran the ball thru rush effectively slowing the rush.Another by Pats, although in a loss, 2nd half adjustments got them back in it. Reminds me of the Ted Marchibroda Colts (for those of you old enough to remember) everyone watching knew whether it was a run or pass. Hard to win when they know whats coming. i can't remember Ravens making any meaningful adjustments

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users