• Announcements

• Admin 3

UPDATED: MESSAGE BOARDS CLOSING AFTER DRAFT   03/08/2017

After careful consideration, we have decided that we will sunset our message boards after this year's NFL Draft. Since we opened our boards a decade ago, the digital landscape has greatly evolved. While we understand there remains a smaller group of highly-engaged fans who participate in conversation in our forums, a significant amount of the dialogue about our team and our games has migrated away to other social media platforms over the past several years. Our message boards will remain up and running through Friday, May 5th, and will be removed on May 6th. We recognize that this change may upset avid members of our community. However, we look to utilize our time and resources to focus on how we can best connect with our fans across an array of digital/social outlets. If you are not already engaging us and other members of the Ravens Flock on our Facebook page, Instagram account, through Twitter or Snapchat, we invite you to follow us on those channels and continue to participate in our social communities. In addition, the commenting feature on our website articles will remain intact. Members will be able to continue using their boards account to log in and share their thoughts at the bottom of every news story. We’d like to thank all the Flock members and our moderators who have brought thoughtful conversation to this space and made our community great for the last 10 years. Ravens Social Media Hub »

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xx Behind Enemy Lines xx

Posting Topics

12 posts in this topic

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355709470' post='1266229']
Why can I not start threads in the general forums? I figured there was a wait time or something but i've been registered for a good bit of time now.
[/quote]

Gotta have a certain number of posts. I wanna say 50 posts? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

[quote name='Free Agent' timestamp='1355710078' post='1266270']

Gotta have a certain number of posts. I wanna say 50 posts? Someone correct me if Im wrong.
[/quote]

Much less than that I believe.

Taken from the Board Basics page:

[quote]Special Note for New Members: In order to control spammers, New Members are on moderator preview and must have 15 approved posts before they are allowed to begin a new topic in most forums. New Members can reply to any thread and can start new topic threads in the Questions, Help, Feedback and Test forums.[/quote]

I understand not wanting spam but still, they're just as likely just to make 15 posts and spam anyway if it's really what they're here for.

I just don't see the use of having to go randomly comment on stuff I have no interest in talking about just to be able to talk about what I do.. but i guess I'll look around and see what there is to talk about that interests me.

Thanks for all the responses

15 posts is the magic number. As a mod I can't remove that restriction on you. Just find a topic or two that interests you and start posting!

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355710753' post='1266325']
indeed, or even a topic about postiing topics... :D +1
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Wanna talk about Lego Batman 2 for the PS3?!?!?! Video game forum!!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

We also get people that do not of the board basics, and have a thought post a topic so some very popular topics drop off. Happy posting now that you have 19 posts

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355711628' post='1266388']
haha the only games ive played on ps3 in the last 2 yrs are Maddens, Assassins Creed and Fallout New Vegas.. if you've got something about any of those, im sold :D
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]We got some ACIII, come on in! The water's fine![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355710268' post='1266285']
I understand not wanting spam but still, they're just as likely just to make 15 posts and spam anyway if it's really what they're here for.

[b]I just don't see the use of having to go randomly comment on stuff I have no interest in talking about just to be able to talk about what I do..[/b] but i guess I'll look around and see what there is to talk about that interests me.

Thanks for all the responses
[/quote]

Also before posting a new thread, make sure to check if the topic is already being talked about if it's Ravens related.