Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ed Reed Sounds Off After Loss

81 posts in this topic

The Ravens defense started strong, but gave up big plays in the second half.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ed-Reed-Sounds-Off-After-Loss/daae6fd1-6824-471e-82b1-6779db9c6e67]View the full article[/url]

I think I understand how Reed may feel. If he was smiling, shaking hands, and joking with players after that embarrassment, then I would be offended.

Reed and Williams were the embarrasment of the defense today....yup, rookies out did ya. Reed, retire. Williams...follow whatever team Reed does (cause he's got 5 years left) where players go to die...most likely Oakland.

Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.

My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 2, December 17, 2012 - No reason given · Report post

[quote name='RavFan01' timestamp='1355709056' post='1266201']
My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man
[/quote]

He's a bitter, broken down dude with no rings. Im tired of his act!

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1355707829' post='1266092']
Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.
[/quote]

Those "couple times" you're referring to....lead to 2 touchdowns, but you're right great job! I'm sure Manning wasnt pickin him apart for a reason...Oh and the banter with Buckley (whatever the hell his name is) PRO-BOWL STUFF!!! The guy's amazing, hope we sign his immatuer [profanity deleted] for another ten years!

[quote name='RavFan01' timestamp='1355709056' post='1266201']
[/quote]

If he gives an autograph everybody who sees it will want one, I don't blame these players for not handing them out in public. They'd never be able to get a second without being hounded by people. Maybe he could have given a better explanation but I have no problem with that.

ok real easy to hate ed reed for our deminished defense. HE COULD NEVER TACKLE!!! HENCE WHY HE IS A FREE SAFETY!!!! all of you need to understand reed is more helpful to us in the pass game and has done an average job. Anyone that knows anything about football would realize our offensive line is the problem at this point and the reason we are who we are. GET THIS TOGETHER and the playoffs will be formidable otherwise leave it with the bums we got and lose the first round game to INDY.....

Reed should be embarrassed for himself.
His "attempts" at tackling were so pittiful I'm calling for him to retire.
And he jumped a route once, read it wrong, and then Cary was running behind a guy deep. Reed is done.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1355709139' post='1266205']
He's a bitter, broken down dude with no rings. Im tired of his act!
[/quote]I would be bitter too if I was the best FS to ever play the game yet I have no rings because I play for a crappy offense.

Ed Reed called it last year and we all jumped up and attacked him for it. This time however he didn't call out Flacco and for that I am sad!

With Flacco at the helm and the way he is playing it hurts me to see the chances for Reed, Lewis and Suggs slowly slipping away at hoisting the Lombardi... so sad to watch and even sadder that no one will come out and say how bad Flacco has been playing! What is frustrating is the cowardice of John Harbaugh in not chastising his QB openly! How much people love their jobs amazes me!

Posted · Hidden by Moderator 2, December 17, 2012 - not nice · Report post

[quote name='maarkk123' timestamp='1355710193' post='1266280']
If he gives an autograph everybody who sees it will want one, I don't blame these players for not handing them out in public. They'd never be able to get a second without being hounded by people. Maybe he could have given a better explanation but I have no problem with that.
[/quote]

aaaawe, poor millionare (our money) bein hounded for an autograph!?! PLEASE

Ed, say it like it is. YOU and the defense have carried this team for so long, and your quarterback is pathetic....you can't say it, but I can.

Ed Reed is the best FS to ever play the game right? He has no rings because every year him, Suggs, Ngata, and Lewis are held back by our disapointing offense right? So why did I get negged?

Went to this game. Completely disappointed. I'm a huge fan still, I am, but I do feel like our offense deserves to be branded. I get to go to one game every like 6 years...the Ravens should win it.

In my opinion, the Raven's only challenge is to start winning in the trenches. The O-Line is getting beaten badly pretty consistently in both pass blocking and run blocking. Flacco is a good quarterback, the game I watched today - you could have swapped the two teams quarterbacks, the result would have been the same.

you guys are crazy brady either manning would b crushed with this oline. oline cant block receivers not open no flexability with playcalling who's joe's hot read on a blitz ? in this offense its ray rice underneath only option and when he does that he's called captain checkdown smith doesnt get off the line boldin runs like a 5.0 40 now n jones is being used as a kick returner pitta ? ok you are the qb what are you gonna do to adjust for blitz? can you? is that option built in to this offense do you know what the audible packages are? how come ray doesnt get dogged for his 2yards per carry?

I agree with you Nova with one huge exception, That interception was ALL Flacco and it ended the game. That play cost 14 points and an opportunity to be down 3 points when we deserved to be down 21. We get those points and I have no doubt we win the game. The offensive line has failed Joe all year but today was a team lose the he contributed to heavily.

For the people that don't understand football... That touchdown was on Cary not on Reed. Football is a team sports... On that play Reed had the underneath and Cary had the top. Cary should have never bite of the fake. That was the defensive call.. You can tell by where Reed ended up at and Cary body language after the play. It was a scheme for Manning to throw another comeback rout like he did all game and Reed would have been there to pick it off. I am not taking anything away for Cary. He played likes champ all game... Just not on that play and a few other ones. I see comments saying "Reed is done" Again...please stop. Reed is the glue on our defense all yr. I understand he missed some tackles... So did other players... I believe 100% if Reed was not there, our defense would be a joke... I am Proud of the defense today...

First it was Cam...now it's the o-line....give me a break. In 2008 the O-line was Gaither, Grubbs, Brown, Chester and Anderson. In 2009 in was Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Chester and Oher. 2010 it was Oher, Grubbs, Birk, Chester and Yanda. and so on and so on. The whole line has changed, yet Flacco still has the same problems. Now it's the line. If they fix that it will be 3 other things. You got rid of Cam and Flacco looked worst. It's Flacco

i said all year and all say it again Flacco sucksssssssssssssssssssss my 4 year old son could outplay Flacco,and someday may he already has a better release and doesnt overthrow people by 20 feet in the air,he even plants his foot and Shows emotion does that make him elite lol cya Suckoo dont let the door slam you in the Chin err i mean Face lol

Enough blame to go around today for everyone from Biscotti to the beer vendors. 325lb defensive lineman being pushed around like they were infants; offensive lineman who couldn't block the way to the men's room; a QB who couldn't hit his plate with his fork: defensive backs who couldn't cover the tip at a Denny's; receivers who did impressions of siamese twins with Denver's DB's. They looked unenthused on offense and offensive on defense. They aren't alone. SF is beating NE as badly or even worse, than the Ravens got brutalized and the Giants got wacked big time by Atlanta. I don't think the Ravens are as bad as they looked today but until the linemen on both sides of the ball man up and start playing like the high paid profewssionals they claim to be, the season will not get better.