Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

[News] Ed Reed Sounds Off After Loss

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,300 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

The Ravens defense started strong, but gave up big plays in the second half.

View the full article

#2 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

the fact is everybody played like crap today

#3 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think I understand how Reed may feel. If he was smiling, shaking hands, and joking with players after that embarrassment, then I would be offended.

#4 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Reed and Williams were the embarrasment of the defense today....yup, rookies out did ya. Reed, retire. Williams...follow whatever team Reed does (cause he's got 5 years left) where players go to die...most likely Oakland.

#5 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.

#6 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

The whole Ravens Org should be thanking the Cowboys.

#7 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

Also reed your ability to tackle this season stinks

#8 RavFan01

RavFan01

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man

#9 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.

Those "couple times" you're referring to....lead to 2 touchdowns, but you're right great job! I'm sure Manning wasnt pickin him apart for a reason...Oh and the banter with Buckley (whatever the hell his name is) PRO-BOWL STUFF!!! The guy's amazing, hope we sign his immatuer [profanity deleted] for another ten years!

#10 han

han

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Reed should be embarrassed for letting that dude jump over him early in the game.

#11 maarkk123

maarkk123

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man

If he gives an autograph everybody who sees it will want one, I don't blame these players for not handing them out in public. They'd never be able to get a second without being hounded by people. Maybe he could have given a better explanation but I have no problem with that.

#12 I_PITTA_tha_fool

I_PITTA_tha_fool

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:12 PM

ok real easy to hate ed reed for our deminished defense. HE COULD NEVER TACKLE!!! HENCE WHY HE IS A FREE SAFETY!!!! all of you need to understand reed is more helpful to us in the pass game and has done an average job. Anyone that knows anything about football would realize our offensive line is the problem at this point and the reason we are who we are. GET THIS TOGETHER and the playoffs will be formidable otherwise leave it with the bums we got and lose the first round game to INDY.....

#13 display name

display name

Ravenous Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,287 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Reed should be embarrassed for himself.
His "attempts" at tackling were so pittiful I'm calling for him to retire.
And he jumped a route once, read it wrong, and then Cary was running behind a guy deep. Reed is done.

#14 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

He's a bitter, broken down dude with no rings. Im tired of his act!

I would be bitter too if I was the best FS to ever play the game yet I have no rings because I play for a crappy offense.

Edited by feartheflock, 16 December 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#15 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Ed Reed called it last year and we all jumped up and attacked him for it. This time however he didn't call out Flacco and for that I am sad!

With Flacco at the helm and the way he is playing it hurts me to see the chances for Reed, Lewis and Suggs slowly slipping away at hoisting the Lombardi... so sad to watch and even sadder that no one will come out and say how bad Flacco has been playing! What is frustrating is the cowardice of John Harbaugh in not chastising his QB openly! How much people love their jobs amazes me!

#16 BillicksEGO

BillicksEGO

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Ed, say it like it is. YOU and the defense have carried this team for so long, and your quarterback is pathetic....you can't say it, but I can.

#17 feartheflock

feartheflock

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

Ed Reed is the best FS to ever play the game right? He has no rings because every year him, Suggs, Ngata, and Lewis are held back by our disapointing offense right? So why did I get negged?

#18 Ravenade

Ravenade

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Went to this game. Completely disappointed. I'm a huge fan still, I am, but I do feel like our offense deserves to be branded. I get to go to one game every like 6 years...the Ravens should win it.

#19 nova_go_ravens

nova_go_ravens

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

In my opinion, the Raven's only challenge is to start winning in the trenches. The O-Line is getting beaten badly pretty consistently in both pass blocking and run blocking. Flacco is a good quarterback, the game I watched today - you could have swapped the two teams quarterbacks, the result would have been the same.

#20 Purple Reign5

Purple Reign5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Ed Reed was the best safety to ever play the game, not any more. He needs to retire after this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users