Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ed Reed Sounds Off After Loss

81 posts in this topic

The Ravens defense started strong, but gave up big plays in the second half.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ed-Reed-Sounds-Off-After-Loss/daae6fd1-6824-471e-82b1-6779db9c6e67]View the full article[/url]

I think I understand how Reed may feel. If he was smiling, shaking hands, and joking with players after that embarrassment, then I would be offended.

Reed and Williams were the embarrasment of the defense today....yup, rookies out did ya. Reed, retire. Williams...follow whatever team Reed does (cause he's got 5 years left) where players go to die...most likely Oakland.

Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.

My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man

[quote name='NaveSenrag' timestamp='1355707829' post='1266092']
Honestly, Williams let that touchdown go, and he played too far off a couple of receivers, but he looked like a pro bowl corner today. The only other times I saw him, he was batting down passes and keeping receivers locked down.
[/quote]

Those "couple times" you're referring to....lead to 2 touchdowns, but you're right great job! I'm sure Manning wasnt pickin him apart for a reason...Oh and the banter with Buckley (whatever the hell his name is) PRO-BOWL STUFF!!! The guy's amazing, hope we sign his immatuer [profanity deleted] for another ten years!

[quote name='RavFan01' timestamp='1355709056' post='1266201']
My Uncle saw Ed Reed at a bar 2 weeks ago and asked for an autograph, Reed responded by saying " I don't know you man ", and walked away without giving an autograph. I know these guys are in the spotlight all the time, but five seconds of his time would not have killed him. I have lost respect for the man
[/quote]

If he gives an autograph everybody who sees it will want one, I don't blame these players for not handing them out in public. They'd never be able to get a second without being hounded by people. Maybe he could have given a better explanation but I have no problem with that.

ok real easy to hate ed reed for our deminished defense. HE COULD NEVER TACKLE!!! HENCE WHY HE IS A FREE SAFETY!!!! all of you need to understand reed is more helpful to us in the pass game and has done an average job. Anyone that knows anything about football would realize our offensive line is the problem at this point and the reason we are who we are. GET THIS TOGETHER and the playoffs will be formidable otherwise leave it with the bums we got and lose the first round game to INDY.....

Reed should be embarrassed for himself.
His "attempts" at tackling were so pittiful I'm calling for him to retire.
And he jumped a route once, read it wrong, and then Cary was running behind a guy deep. Reed is done.

[quote name='H8R' timestamp='1355709139' post='1266205']
He's a bitter, broken down dude with no rings. Im tired of his act!
[/quote]I would be bitter too if I was the best FS to ever play the game yet I have no rings because I play for a crappy offense.

Ed Reed called it last year and we all jumped up and attacked him for it. This time however he didn't call out Flacco and for that I am sad!

With Flacco at the helm and the way he is playing it hurts me to see the chances for Reed, Lewis and Suggs slowly slipping away at hoisting the Lombardi... so sad to watch and even sadder that no one will come out and say how bad Flacco has been playing! What is frustrating is the cowardice of John Harbaugh in not chastising his QB openly! How much people love their jobs amazes me!

Ed, say it like it is. YOU and the defense have carried this team for so long, and your quarterback is pathetic....you can't say it, but I can.

Ed Reed is the best FS to ever play the game right? He has no rings because every year him, Suggs, Ngata, and Lewis are held back by our disapointing offense right? So why did I get negged?

Went to this game. Completely disappointed. I'm a huge fan still, I am, but I do feel like our offense deserves to be branded. I get to go to one game every like 6 years...the Ravens should win it.

In my opinion, the Raven's only challenge is to start winning in the trenches. The O-Line is getting beaten badly pretty consistently in both pass blocking and run blocking. Flacco is a good quarterback, the game I watched today - you could have swapped the two teams quarterbacks, the result would have been the same.

you guys are crazy brady either manning would b crushed with this oline. oline cant block receivers not open no flexability with playcalling who's joe's hot read on a blitz ? in this offense its ray rice underneath only option and when he does that he's called captain checkdown smith doesnt get off the line boldin runs like a 5.0 40 now n jones is being used as a kick returner pitta ? ok you are the qb what are you gonna do to adjust for blitz? can you? is that option built in to this offense do you know what the audible packages are? how come ray doesnt get dogged for his 2yards per carry?

I agree with you Nova with one huge exception, That interception was ALL Flacco and it ended the game. That play cost 14 points and an opportunity to be down 3 points when we deserved to be down 21. We get those points and I have no doubt we win the game. The offensive line has failed Joe all year but today was a team lose the he contributed to heavily.

Oh yeah, little Ray played worse then Flacco though again the o-line didn't do either of them any favors.

For the people that don't understand football... That touchdown was on Cary not on Reed. Football is a team sports... On that play Reed had the underneath and Cary had the top. Cary should have never bite of the fake. That was the defensive call.. You can tell by where Reed ended up at and Cary body language after the play. It was a scheme for Manning to throw another comeback rout like he did all game and Reed would have been there to pick it off. I am not taking anything away for Cary. He played likes champ all game... Just not on that play and a few other ones. I see comments saying "Reed is done" Again...please stop. Reed is the glue on our defense all yr. I understand he missed some tackles... So did other players... I believe 100% if Reed was not there, our defense would be a joke... I am Proud of the defense today...

First it was Cam...now it's the o-line....give me a break. In 2008 the O-line was Gaither, Grubbs, Brown, Chester and Anderson. In 2009 in was Gaither, Grubbs, Birk, Chester and Oher. 2010 it was Oher, Grubbs, Birk, Chester and Yanda. and so on and so on. The whole line has changed, yet Flacco still has the same problems. Now it's the line. If they fix that it will be 3 other things. You got rid of Cam and Flacco looked worst. It's Flacco

i said all year and all say it again Flacco sucksssssssssssssssssssss my 4 year old son could outplay Flacco,and someday may he already has a better release and doesnt overthrow people by 20 feet in the air,he even plants his foot and Shows emotion does that make him elite lol cya Suckoo dont let the door slam you in the Chin err i mean Face lol

Enough blame to go around today for everyone from Biscotti to the beer vendors. 325lb defensive lineman being pushed around like they were infants; offensive lineman who couldn't block the way to the men's room; a QB who couldn't hit his plate with his fork: defensive backs who couldn't cover the tip at a Denny's; receivers who did impressions of siamese twins with Denver's DB's. They looked unenthused on offense and offensive on defense. They aren't alone. SF is beating NE as badly or even worse, than the Ravens got brutalized and the Giants got wacked big time by Atlanta. I don't think the Ravens are as bad as they looked today but until the linemen on both sides of the ball man up and start playing like the high paid profewssionals they claim to be, the season will not get better.

[quote name='blowinoffsteam' timestamp='1355716170' post='1266739']
Enough blame to go around today for everyone from Biscotti to the beer vendors. 325lb defensive lineman being pushed around like they were infants; offensive lineman who couldn't block the way to the men's room; a QB who couldn't hit his plate with his fork: defensive backs who couldn't cover the tip at a Denny's; receivers who did impressions of siamese twins with Denver's DB's. They looked unenthused on offense and offensive on defense. They aren't alone. SF is beating NE as badly or even worse, than the Ravens got brutalized and the Giants got wacked big time by Atlanta. I don't think the Ravens are as bad as they looked today but until the linemen on both sides of the ball man up and start playing like the high paid profewssionals they claim to be, the season will not get better.
[/quote] Thank you for that post. It made literally lol.

[quote name='feartheflock' timestamp='1355711228' post='1266363']
I would be bitter too if I was the best FS to ever play the game yet I have no rings because I play for a crappy offense.
[/quote]

How many TDs has Ed given up the last 2 years? He hasn't been the best safety in the game the last 2 years...

[quote name='DarkKnight52' timestamp='1355715618' post='1266691']
i said all year and all say it again Flacco sucksssssssssssssssssssss my 4 year old son could outplay Flacco,and someday may he already has a better release and doesnt overthrow people by 20 feet in the air,he even plants his foot and Shows emotion does that make him elite lol cya Suckoo dont let the door slam you in the Chin err i mean Face lol
[/quote]

I know right, I'm sure your son is a monster in pop warner, C'MON MAN LOL!!!

Im really thinkin' A lot of Us FANS love Flacco so much they make excuses to still believe in him, people please!!! im not a hater actually i was a Flacco supporter, but really flacco is awful, bad pocket awareness, bad throwing Acc, bad footwork and movement, he was good when he had mason heap and other player that MADE THE PLAY FOR HIM, he was a good rookie, and i agree that our O-Line is playing bad but when flacco has time what does he do?? over throws passes to wide oppen Wr's , hes a bad QB im sorry but please stop making excuses to make flacco look good when he doesnt , its his fault , he doesnt have pride and attitude of a qb... lately in a post i said that alex smith isnt our best option but now i realized that our Offensive problems COME FROM THE QB BECAUSE THE OFFENSE RUNS TROUGH THE QB eveery one, please wake up...

This team needs a totally new coaching staff ,need better drafts on defense as well ,we have a very good offense well what i mean is we have alot of good players on both sides but we are to slow on Def. we play the slow receiver on Off.because our coach has not got a clue how to use players i knew that when they said he had a dog house . Which is redicalous a dog house with grow men pro athletes are you serious . We have not drafted any good defensive players in along time ,we use to breed good linebackers but since Harbaugh has got here all we draft are special team players in free agentcy he brings in special team players not linebacker with Ray getting slower and slower our LB. can't cover no 1 because they are to slow our DBs. look in the back feild to much and we draft LBS> to sack the QB. instead of DE. this is going to get ugly before it gets better hope everyone is ready for it. We will be 1 and done in playoffs and if we keep Harbaugh we will be in trouble next year as well we need to get a good head coach someone who knows DEF. or OFF. then go get Norv Turner to be our OC.

Cary williams is back to his self again and he'll be gone next year too, atleast the defense has an excuse becuz their major players r gone but whats the offense excuse

Everyone wants to blame the players it all starts at the top , not with the players guy it is the coaching . We need better coaching they are still doing the same thing they did in the beginning of season. We must get a better head coach or we are not going to win a Super Bowl and that is a shame since we do have some good pieces in place to do it ,and as far as Flacco if he had a better QB. coach he would be better ,look at what Jim Harbaugh did with Alex Smith he know how to coach a QB. because he was 1. Ozzie and Steve need to step up and look at the real reason we have not won a SB. it is not the player though we could get some speed on DEF.it is coaching we need a better head coach 4 years just the playoffs no SB. appearance not 1 that should be enough for them to see Harbaugh can't get us ther bottom line...........

every 1 wants to pick on Flacco i geuss every1 has forgot how bad this team was before we got him , and how we only got to the playoffs a couple of times before we got him because we had a great DEF.the QB. is not the whole team you have to block ,and get open they couldn't get 1 whole for Rice the line is a joke ,well I think they could be good if not great with a better coach as all the players on OFF. and we need to pick up some speed in the LB. core as well and start getting some good coaching on this staff and stop kidding ourselves and blaming the players .Yes maybe Flacco is not Elite but he can take us to a SB. let him walk and see how fast he gets a contract from a team.

Wow, I don't know how some of you guys call yourself fans. Flacco is NOT Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but he is still in the top half of the league for QB's. He had a REALLY bad day today, at least early on. It happens, learn from it and move on. Cary williams might not be a shutdown corner, but he is pretty good and has been holding that secondary together with duct tape while everyone else is dropping like flies. How many of you realize that we have 3 of our starters on D today, and they played pretty damn good the first half against whom I think is the best AFC team right now. Thats a credit to our tenacity and coaching. Our offense let our team down today, defense failed to play a solid 4 quarters, but its asking a lot to have them carry us against the donkeys. We need to get healthy on D and figure out how to start and play on the O side. We can knock the Giants out next week and secure the division, but even a loss there won't kill us, Win in cinci and we got a playoff game in B-more. If you looked at our injury report and thought we were going to win, you were smoking crack. We CAN win on any given Sunday, but odds were pretty low that we were going to pull this off. There is a good chance that we see them and the Texans in the playoffs, just need to right the ship and get healthy.

really appreciate reed taking response ability for the bad play of the team and recognizing that we need to fix it. joe flacco should take note.

Ed thanks for coming out of denial from last week when you said this team is not in trouble beacause this team has huge problems and its getting worse.

[quote name='ashleemarie' timestamp='1355716229' post='1266745']
How can the defense not give up plays if it doesn't come off the field?
[/quote]

Exactly, look at the niners, they were up 31-3 and let the pats back into it, how did it happen? The offense gave them the ball and chewed up less than 1:30 on each possession, those were some of the quickest 3 and outs I have seen in football. The only reason SF was able to pull off the victory? The ST and offense stepped up in the end. SF has one of if not the best D in football right now, top 5 for sure, and that happened to them. My point is it takes a team, and right now we have more people on stretchers than we have avail. Not really sure how we managed to dress 46 tonight. We can do this, but our team and fans need to stop fingerpointing and make themselves accountable, correct the mistakes, get healthy and move on. We have probably the toughest schedule in football this season and still going to the playoffs. Lets do this!

Thank you Ed Reed for what we fans are wanting to hear. Please make sure to let us know if Flacco and Harbs are not there for your next accountability seminar.

Honestly the Baltimore offense is wearing the Baltimore defense out,any time your offense runs 15 plays and gains only 23 yards,not too many defenses can make up for that,they barely had time to take their helmets off before they're right back on the field! Until the Ravens get a decent pass rush Cary Williams and/or Jimmy Smith will be chasing down receivers form that old same double move[is it technique and/or talent],oh and Carys' ball awareness still leaves something to be desired,as for Reed what has changed in his game is he can no longer freelance as he once did because he has lost trust in those around him and/or his guesses have been wrong. And I'll say this and stand by it Flacco is a fine QB,he just got saddled with the wrong mentor,truthfully that's not any indictment on Cam Cameron[even though I myself feel he was a negative influence on Joe with his my way or the hi-way ego they clashed]!

Maybe we needed a level headed guy like Ed to finally get frustrated in order to put a fire under the team. With Ed getting frustrated and hopefully some injured guys returning, we can get on a positive skid.

There's so much of this "learn from it and move on" being said this year... The only problem is that it seems to be a viscous cycle that there's no learning going on, therefore, there's no moving on! It used to be that no one wanted to face the Ravens. Now it seems like any team welcomes facing the Ravens because there's such predictability and just about every player can be burned on any play.

There's nothing that anyone can do. The whole defense is hurt. There's no way anyone can expect them to win, but honestly we've been in every game besides the texans game which is a good thing considering all of the injuries. I just can't help but wonder how things would have gone this season if our team was healthy. It's ok we still have the AFC North and I can promise you we will be the most dangerous team in the nfl once our team comes back healthy

Ed Reed has just shown why we need him so much, getting hurdled happens sometimes in games, but saying this shows how great a player he is! He is trying to step up and make plays but with a 2nd string defense it is really tough so its tough to judge a shift and remodeled D. But im sorry, the offense is embarrassing, I still cannot figure out whats wrong with flacco, if he continues like this I would like to see us draft a RGIII, R. Wilson or A. Luck but i dont see any good QBs like that in this upcoming draft. Please step up flacco

IBP

Many Ravens have shown their frustration with this season and this losing streak moreso than in the past! Body language often speaks volumes! Look at "Q",... look at Rice!

They are uncharacteristically showing how Harbs is slowly losing this team! He hung in there with Cam too long, merely by loyalty to an ineffective coordinator! He has has an insurrection in the locker room that the media termed, what? A "no holds barred Team Meeting"! Yeah, right!

Our likely, short playoff run, mostly due to injuries on defense and stagnation on offense, may cause Steve B, Ozzie and DeCosta to reevaluate Harbs in addition to the many changes that will come once the season's over!

So, here I sit, taking the bitter with the sweet, and gut out the rest of this fugly year grasping for bright spots as they come and bleeding purple with the lapses! GO RAVENS !!!

The defense did a great job considering five of our best players are out. You can't blame them. The offense constantly handing the ball right back to the opposing team with turnovers and continued three and outs will ware down any defense. All of the offense played pourly. The biggest problem is the offensive line , not Flacco. I still don't understand why Rice only had five carries in the first half, is he injured, or are we stupid. Are the receivers giving up after they run there routes, it looked like it to me. Flacco had a terrable game , but the problems with this offense starts with the offensive line.