35 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,864 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

Turnovers and third downs were once again a problem as the Ravens sputtered.

View the full article

#2 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Just give Tyrod a start.....

#3 KWRaven

KWRaven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Caldwell called a great game I dont care what anyone says. So glad to see he stuck with the run especially on first down. Its great to have you Jim! I am upset about the loss, but I have not lost hope. GO RAVENS!

#4 d1957w

d1957w

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Agreed.
Start Tyrod.

#5 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Jim Cladwell, really called a great game, nice routes and passing plays thats the truth!, like i said it before, he's admirable a great leader a smart person... our players didnt execute bad game by flacco and company!

#6 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

lol start Tyrod ok I get your frustration but what makes you think Tyrod will do any better in fact what QB could do better I'll tell you no QB could do better I'm amazed Joe completed 50% of his passes today the fact of the matter is our QB isn't all that bad he's a good QB and a good fit is he great no but find me a QB that would be on the Ravens right now the O Line is atrocious plain and simple the WR's are mediocre at best and every single one of them would either be a #2 WR or lower on any other team Joe is not the problem its his supporting cast having said that though Joe does need to improve his awareness but thats easier than fixing the O Line and getting him a few viable weapons

#7 bmoreravens21784

bmoreravens21784

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm fine with the play calling, its just that we need to execute better. Alot Better.

#8 TorreyRiceQuanSizzle55

TorreyRiceQuanSizzle55

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

You know what, let's cut Caldwell some slack. The guy just got bumped into an OC job on an offense which hasn't played to it's potential except for 2 games all season.

How about someone in the media have the balls to make the real statement, and put the responsibility for a team in free-fall where it really belongs - - the HEAD COACH!!

Where are the people talking about a head coach who can't even command the respect of his own lockerroom, can't manage the clock, doesn't play the best players available (McKinnie, all year), and can't save a sinking ship???

Edited by TorreyRiceQuanSizzle55, 16 December 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

I don't put this game on Caldwell's shoulders at all. The players themselves, aside from Pitta, didn't execute well at all. Joe started down Boldin at the goal line so he shouldn't be surprised it ended in a pick six. I'm done with Flacco. I've defended him for five years now, no longer.

#10 ellicottraven

ellicottraven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,247 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

At least we now know even if not conclusively that Cam Cameron wasn't the only problem. It is Joe Flacco who is pretty bad when playing against a good defense. He was absolutely terrible, far from elite today. Only when Denver began playing a soft D, is when Flacco was able to move the ball. His TD was thanks to Pitta making it happen for him.... sorry but this Flacco will not take us to the SB - just a fact....

#11 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm starting to think the root of our problems is the O-line. Flacco isn't an elite QB, and he isn't going to be. He needs the run game to open up the pass like Matt Schaub does, and he needs time in the pocket to go through his progressions. Our O-line can't run block, so our RBs average two yards per run, and they can't pass protect, so Flacco can't get the ball out.

That's where our focus should be in the offseason. The defense might not be dominant, but with half of its starters it forced more punts than the Broncos have had all season. If we don't get a better O-line, we won't even make the playoffs next year.

#12 coreyadams

coreyadams

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Atleast Tyrod Taylor can run. Give him a shot

#13 wakkaflaccoflame

wakkaflaccoflame

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

biggest problem's are the o-line there is no pocket to be aware of oher is not a left tackle period ko is a guard only he's even told coaching staff he cant play tackle birk williams nmckinnie are way to old harewood ? jah reid 6'7" sounds like a tackle not a guard and prob not a starter why couldn't the coaching staff see this they are not an nfl quality line alabama has a better line seriously

#14 wakkaflaccoflame

wakkaflaccoflame

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

flacco will b next sacrificial lamb apparently yoou cant trust aharbough anyway right cam n alex?

#15 lancoMike

lancoMike

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

Can we use punctuation here? I mean... seriously. This isn't a text message. It really detracts from your point when you have to find the end of each sentence.

But... otherwise- I really doubt that ALL of our WRs would be #2 on another team. I mean Jacoby is fast, agile, and has hands (now after a lot of work in the offseason). I bet the Texans would love to have him back. Torrey's game has also opened up a lot. Wasn't Boldin a #1 before he came to Baltimore?

Another thing I would like to point out is that the offense (not surprisingly) is still Cam's offense. Just because the playcaller has changed doesn't mean that the litteral plays have changed at all. In fact, I really doubt that there were any new plays added to their playbook this week with a new OC.

I just doubt that we'll win another game this season. Thank God Pitt lost and put us into the playoffs. We wouldn't get there otherwise.

#16 CHARMCITY187

CHARMCITY187

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I actually didn't think Caldwell did too bad of a job. He can't make Joe not throw the ball 15ft over his receivers head. Caldwell isn't the one who fumbled the ball on the 1st drive it was Flacco. Caldwell didn't throw a pick 6 30sec before halftime did he? And if you saw the post game presser Harbaugh said that is a play they run when going no huddle so Caldwell didn't even call the play. Rice did only have 12 carries but just like the skins game everytime I saw Rice he was standing on the sidelines so maybe he is in Harbaugh's Dog House. And the last and most important thing is, Caldwell cannot make the offensive line block pass rushers. We have a perfectly healthy and willing Pro Bowl Left Tackle but Harbaugh is too ignorant to let him out of the dog house even to benefit the team.

#17 RavenoutWest

RavenoutWest

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

The Caldwell "era"...really??..the guy will be here for 3-6 games maybe and you call it an era..like he's been here or will be our OC for a long, long time. Tough loss for us all.

#18 ashleemarie

ashleemarie

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:54 PM

Don't blame Caldwell because Joe threw a pick and fumbled. That was Joe. At this point, I'd like to put Taylor or Dixon in just to prove a point that it's not okay to continually turn the ball over.

#19 kinghavok

kinghavok

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Pretty much today Cam was sitting back at the Green Turtle laughing his butt off. The problem is Harbaugh came into a good situation with a great defense. The D got older, and beat up and its really exposing Flacco. Joe has never been nor will her ever be an elite QB. Maybe we are seeing what Cam saw all along. Just my humble opinion

#20 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Harbs and his "I'm not going to make assessments right now" BS. This IS NOT meant for Caldwell. It was the right move to get rid of Cameron, which should have been done 2 years ago. I agree that Harbs came into a great situation but has not proven that he can coach through adversity. Remember when we beat Pitt last year and he THREW himself into Newsome's arms? Not only did it show on camera that he injured himself, it also showed that he has not been in that or THIS spot before. I say let Ed Reed take over the Head Coach and Free Safety spot...then maybe we will have some good ole' accountability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users