16 replies to this topic

#1 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

People might neg me for this but who cares. I'm tired of the injury excuse. Other teams have injuries and step up and play solid ball. Pittsburg has injuries, next man up, and wins games. Washington has injuries, next man up, and wins games. We seem to use the injuries as a crutch and the record as an excuse. Sick of it, this team needs a dose of bollocks....

Neq away!
Super Bowl XLVII Champions!! GOD WILLS IT...

#2 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,350 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

A decimated Packers team won the Super Bowl a few years back. Injuries are no excuse, the good teams pick themselves up and move on.

#3 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

A decimated Packers team won the Super Bowl a few years back. Injuries are no excuse, the good teams pick themselves up and move on.

Beat me to the post. The Packers had something like 15 guys on IR that season.

#4 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,424 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

They have been to key starters, then their backups have went down. You can't make excuses, but the quality of play goes down.

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

Yeah but Mr Rodgers,an elite QB didn't go down .

Having an elite QB changes the equation tremendously . We don't have one .

#6 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

We have never really had depth. We have always had a weak secondary until Webb came out of nowhere last year. We tend to have star players over depth. Our 3 starting MLB our out so that is understandable. You just can't replace Suggs.

Packers had a ton of injuries but they also had an amazing QB and a healthy Clay Mathews and Corners. This season may have been different had our star LB and Corner not been injured.

#7 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Yeah but Mr Rodgers,an elite QB didn't go down .

Having an elite QB changes the equation tremendously . We don't have one .

Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and practicing behind Brett Favre. Flacco and Rodgers started the same season but Rodgers had been on the bench for 3 years. Flacco is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers but he is also much younger and has had way worse OC.

Rodgers inherited the system that Favre had created and perfected for years.

#8 Larryterri

Larryterri

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

They have been to key starters, then their backups have went down. You can't make excuses, but the quality of play goes down.

RGIII wasnt a key starter? Ben wasnt a key starter? Where is our next man up mentality? We lower our expectations instead of stepping up when its tough.

People keep talking about Lewis being out, he was cold before the injury. Suggs is back but hasnt been much of a factor since the Houston game. I think Reed is shy due to NFL fining him to death. All I'm trying to say is that other teams put people on the field and pay them and expect, EXPECT them to perform and we seem to expect them to fail.
Super Bowl XLVII Champions!! GOD WILLS IT...

#9 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:41 PM

Generally, our second- and third-string players do not step up. Look at our last four drafts, and you will see that Ozzie has slipped as a drafter especially in rounds one through four. His drafts since 2009 have proved that. He is now just a mediocre General Manager much like Cameron was a mediocre Offensive Coordinator. I am a member of the Flock who holds Ozzie accountable in not acquiring better college football players to play at the NFL level.

It is still early, but I think Jimmy Smith could be a bust. We will know next year.

#10 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I dont know what to say. If you think Webb is equally as good and effective as J. Smith, then, well I just dont know what to say.

There is a reason some players are first string, others are second, and others are third or practice squad. There is a reason some players were sitting on their couch a month ago.
Some times your back up are starter quality, some times your second string has a long long way to go.

I caught my self saying "Who is that ? " during the introduction of the defense quite a bit today.
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#11 izvoodoo

izvoodoo

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

That team was ridiculously stacked. Not to mention they still had Clay Mathews and their receiving core. Most of the IR was special teams.
But point taken, the team isn't that good.

Hawkprey is the best poster on the ravens forums.

Officially.

#12 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

what i dont understand is this.. for the first couple games of the season didn't we have all our defensive starters minus suggs but our d still dropped in ranking?...now becuz of injury its even worse

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

Rodgers was drafted in 2005 and practicing behind Brett Favre. Flacco and Rodgers started the same season but Rodgers had been on the bench for 3 years. Flacco is nowhere near Aaron Rodgers but he is also much younger and has had way worse OC.

Rodgers inherited the system that Favre had created and perfected for years.

Rodgers' OC and HC are two of the greatest offensive minds in the game today.

#14 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,030 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:38 AM

Injuries may not be an excuse, but getting some guys back could make a big difference.

#15 frozen joe flacco fan

frozen joe flacco fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:55 AM

It could also be that the team needs a new strength and conditionibg coach. Injuries in sports are random but can be systemic. Many of the players who have been the "next man up" so to speak have sustained naggiing injuries that have hurt the team. The old saying is "Stay alert or get hurt." I don't know if this has contributed to the injury plague but it should be considered during the off-season. Ray and Terrell have no business playing period!

#16 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

It could also be that the team needs a new strength and conditionibg coach. Injuries in sports are random but can be systemic. Many of the players who have been the "next man up" so to speak have sustained naggiing injuries that have hurt the team. The old saying is "Stay alert or get hurt." I don't know if this has contributed to the injury plague but it should be considered during the off-season. Ray and Terrell have no business playing period!

I mentioned this in another topic, but we haven't had issues with injuries til this season. the S&C guy is fine.

#17 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

what i dont understand is this.. for the first couple games of the season didn't we have all our defensive starters minus suggs but our d still dropped in ranking?...now becuz of injury its even worse

New DC, new system, new terms. There was a learning curve.

Now we have PS guys playing pro bowl caliber opposition. It's no wonder the results aren't as good as we hoped.
"Flacco got a hug from owner Bisciotti after game.. Flacco told him: “that felt good.. That was big”

That seems like it was worded wrong...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users