Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

A growing pain Game

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

Why do people Judge so much? It was Jims FIRST GAME, and now you are calling Joe a bust? Oh give me a break, I expected a growing pain game. Flacco turned it on in the second, and threw a ball Torrey caught, and shouldve stayed in bounds. The game wasnt truly over until Cary gave up the points. You say I am full of [profanity deleted]? Well, let me say this.

Fixing an offense takes a whole offseason, and in one week, you expected immediant changes? WTH? I mean seriously people, have some common sense! IN ONE WEEK, YOU ALL EXPECTED THE O TO BE FIXED. Now you are blaming it all on Joe. Well let me all ask you this....

Why the hell were we passing at the goaline? RUN IT DAMNIT! That was his first mistake, and really his only one! I am glad he mixed up the formations, but Joe aint familiar with that yet. I expected this kind of game. This is the pros, problems are not fixed in one week.....
Banned

#2 Warren2621

Warren2621

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Its not about the offense scheme. its about the fact that our QB overthrows open receivers, doesnt move his feet well, cant feel pressure, and makes bad decisions.

a premeditated throw that went for a pick six isnt caused by a new system. its caused by the quarterback. Flacco never steps up and gets rid of the ball when he feels pressure, and even when he does, the throw is so erratic its ridiculous.

I thought a few things looked better today (except for a 2nd and 20 run play that had Cam written all over it). Flacco just is not a threat. When Peyton feels heat, he shuffles his feet and hits the open spot left by the blitzer.

When Flacco feels heat, he panics and tries to escape the pocket where he either gets sacked, or he throws a ball thats so off we cant tell where its going.

#3 admartian

admartian

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I agree with some sentiments above. But some of you act like it's so easy to find a QB.

#FlaccoProBowl2014 (Aug 2014 prediction)

Win or lose, I believe.

PS4 is WOW!

#4 Warren2621

Warren2621

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

I agree with some sentiments above. But some of you act like it's so easy to find a QB.

That's what sucks. We had to take a QB in a weak draft class and he can actually play well enough to not be cut. But he's also not playing like an elite franchise QB so im sure Ozzie is stuck. How do you get rid of a guy that wins 12 games every year? But then how do you keep a guy that can define his career by inconsistency?

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

That's what sucks. We had to take a QB in a weak draft class and he can actually play well enough to not be cut. But he's also not playing like an elite franchise QB so im sure Ozzie is stuck. How do you get rid of a guy that wins 12 games every year? But then how do you keep a guy that can define his career by inconsistency?

Good point . Ozzie s stuck and there are several teams that will overpay for Flacco, the Jets in particular come to mind .

I think I would take Alex Smith right now over Flacco and I didn't think that a couple of years ago.

#6 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Why do people Judge so much? It was Jims FIRST GAME, and now you are calling Joe a bust? Oh give me a break, I expected a growing pain game. Flacco turned it on in the second, and threw a ball Torrey caught, and shouldve stayed in bounds. The game wasnt truly over until Cary gave up the points. You say I am full of [profanity deleted]? Well, let me say this.

Fixing an offense takes a whole offseason, and in one week, you expected immediant changes? WTH? I mean seriously people, have some common sense! IN ONE WEEK, YOU ALL EXPECTED THE O TO BE FIXED. Now you are blaming it all on Joe. Well let me all ask you this....

Why the hell were we passing at the goaline? RUN IT DAMNIT! That was his first mistake, and really his only one! I am glad he mixed up the formations, but Joe aint familiar with that yet. I expected this kind of game. This is the pros, problems are not fixed in one week.....

It was NOT about the playcalling!

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#7 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

It was NOT about the playcalling!

I heard a lot of ppl say it was.... Just trying to straighten things out..... I am frustrated with Joe, but he has helped us get to the playoffs his last 5 years....
Banned

#8 Hardbaugh

Hardbaugh

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

Flacco has been little more than a caretaker. The more rope this franchise gives him the more he hangs himself. Cam knew exactly what he had all along. Flacco got Cameron fired who's next?

#9 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Joe rode a strong defense and running game the first few years. He needs to put on the big boy pants and saddle up for a playoff run.

#10 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Joe rode a strong defense and running game the first few years. He needs to put on the big boy pants and saddle up for a playoff run.

Strong D and run game explain our 9 wins right?
NOPE wrong again!
Banned

#11 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

Strong D and run game explain our 9 wins right?
NOPE wrong again!

Considering what the person you quoted said, it's not hard to see. Our two best years was 2008 and 2011, both years with imposing defenses and we went to the AFC Champ game. Years our defense were suspect in 2009, 2010 and this year the team has been VERY beatable.

If I'm Ozzie, I'm done giving Joe weapons and the next draft is entirely both the front 7 and the Oline. I'm making the team run the ball behind Leach at least 15 times a game and using Flacco for PA.

#12 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

How was it a mistake to call as pass on the goal line? I liked the no huddle up tempo down there. Joe was just late in getting the ball and threw a bad pass. That was all Joe, not Jim Caldwell.

#13 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Considering what the person you quoted said, it's not hard to see. Our two best years was 2008 and 2011, both years with imposing defenses and we went to the AFC Champ game. Years our defense were suspect in 2009, 2010 and this year the team has been VERY beatable.

If I'm Ozzie, I'm done giving Joe weapons and the next draft is entirely both the front 7 and the Oline. I'm making the team run the ball behind Leach at least 15 times a game and using Flacco for PA.

Definitely #1 priority next year; all of our top 4 draft picks should go for OT.....
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#14 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

FLACCO IS NOT A BAD QB! I am not a Flacco lover by any means, IK he had a crap game, but the entire team has played like crap these past three weeks. You people are so caught up believing what the [profanity deleted] media says that you do not see,
ONE DAMN PERSON DOES NOT LOSE A GAME IN A TEAM SPORT! We all suck now..... Joe isn't the problem, but he aint the answer....
Banned

#15 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

FLACCO IS NOT A BAD QB! I am not a Flacco lover by any means, IK he had a crap game, but the entire team has played like crap these past three weeks. You people are so caught up believing what the [profanity deleted] media says that you do not see,
ONE DAMN PERSON DOES NOT LOSE A GAME IN A TEAM SPORT! We all suck now..... Joe isn't the problem, but he aint the answer....

I didn't say he was a terrible QB, but he's not a guy who can sit back and sling it, his awareness won't allow for success and he's slow going through his reads. To fix the problem, make him a guy who works off of PA and a strong run game. Make him Jake Delhomme when Carolina was good. How damn difficult is that to understand.

Give him a good Oline and a strong front 7 on defense. The only games Flacco wins gunslinging is against just awful defenses. And then he's prone to whatever the hell kind of games you want to call Jax/ Seattle last year.

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

I didn't say he was a terrible QB, but he's not a guy who can sit back and sling it, his awareness won't allow for success and he's slow going through his reads. To fix the problem, make him a guy who works off of PA and a strong run game. Make him Jake Delhomme when Carolina was good. How damn difficult is that to understand.

Give him a good Oline and a strong front 7 on defense. The only games Flacco wins gunslinging is against just awful defenses. And then he's prone to whatever the hell kind of games you want to call Jax/ Seattle last year.

I'd say he is more of a Roethlisberger minus the injuries and the stupidity. He is a QB who can win games with a great D and a solid O-Line (Roth isnt a gun slinger, benefits from having great weapons, but has always had solid running game). Everyone is prone to those kind of games. But Flacco needs to fix his awarness problems, as they are seemingly getting worse and worse. WTH happened? We fired Zorn. I say, promote Caldwell and hire Zorn! Anyone else with me?
Banned

#17 I AM LEGEND

I AM LEGEND

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Mr.Irrelevant youve been on a crusade all day long to save Flacco....why

He sucks

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

Mr.Irrelevant youve been on a crusade all day long to save Flacco....why

He sucks

Inconsitent is the word you are looking for....
Banned

#19 cursona pirate

cursona pirate

Pickle Pusher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

No one remembers last years AFCCG?
I could have sworn Flacco was lights out

12540_520124434672144_755007992_n.jpg

Pitta Hut is now open! WE ALWAYS DELIVER.

#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

No one remembers last years AFCCG?
I could have sworn Flacco was lights out

My point exactly
Banned