Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SecretAgentMan

A growing pain Game

108 posts in this topic

Why do people Judge so much? It was Jims FIRST GAME, and now you are calling Joe a bust? Oh give me a break, I expected a growing pain game. Flacco turned it on in the second, and threw a ball Torrey caught, and shouldve stayed in bounds. The game wasnt truly over until Cary gave up the points. You say I am full of [profanity deleted]? Well, let me say this.

Fixing an offense takes a whole offseason, and in one week, you expected immediant changes? WTH? I mean seriously people, have some common sense! IN ONE WEEK, YOU ALL EXPECTED THE O TO BE FIXED. Now you are blaming it all on Joe. Well let me all ask you this....

Why the hell were we passing at the goaline? RUN IT DAMNIT! That was his first mistake, and really his only one! I am glad he mixed up the formations, but Joe aint familiar with that yet. I expected this kind of game. This is the pros, problems are not fixed in one week.....

Its not about the offense scheme. its about the fact that our QB overthrows open receivers, doesnt move his feet well, cant feel pressure, and makes bad decisions.

a premeditated throw that went for a pick six isnt caused by a new system. its caused by the quarterback. Flacco never steps up and gets rid of the ball when he feels pressure, and even when he does, the throw is so erratic its ridiculous.

I thought a few things looked better today (except for a 2nd and 20 run play that had Cam written all over it). Flacco just is not a threat. When Peyton feels heat, he shuffles his feet and hits the open spot left by the blitzer.

When Flacco feels heat, he panics and tries to escape the pocket where he either gets sacked, or he throws a ball thats so off we cant tell where its going.

[quote name='admartian' timestamp='1355702765' post='1265648']
I agree with some sentiments above. But some of you act like it's so easy to find a QB.
[/quote]

That's what sucks. We had to take a QB in a weak draft class and he can actually play well enough to not be cut. But he's also not playing like an elite franchise QB so im sure Ozzie is stuck. How do you get rid of a guy that wins 12 games every year? But then how do you keep a guy that can define his career by inconsistency?

[quote name='Warren2621' timestamp='1355702933' post='1265660']

That's what sucks. We had to take a QB in a weak draft class and he can actually play well enough to not be cut. But he's also not playing like an elite franchise QB so im sure Ozzie is stuck. How do you get rid of a guy that wins 12 games every year? But then how do you keep a guy that can define his career by inconsistency?
[/quote]

Good point . Ozzie s stuck and there are several teams that will overpay for Flacco, the Jets in particular come to mind .

I think I would take Alex Smith right now over Flacco and I didn't think that a couple of years ago.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355701978' post='1265599']
Why do people Judge so much? It was Jims FIRST GAME, and now you are calling Joe a bust? Oh give me a break, I expected a growing pain game. Flacco turned it on in the second, and threw a ball Torrey caught, and shouldve stayed in bounds. The game wasnt truly over until Cary gave up the points. You say I am full of [profanity deleted]? Well, let me say this.

Fixing an offense takes a whole offseason, and in one week, you expected immediant changes? WTH? I mean seriously people, have some common sense! IN ONE WEEK, YOU ALL EXPECTED THE O TO BE FIXED. Now you are blaming it all on Joe. Well let me all ask you this....

Why the hell were we passing at the goaline? RUN IT DAMNIT! That was his first mistake, and really his only one! I am glad he mixed up the formations, but Joe aint familiar with that yet. I expected this kind of game. This is the pros, problems are not fixed in one week.....
[/quote]
It was NOT about the playcalling!

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1355705098' post='1265830']
It was NOT about the playcalling!
[/quote]
I heard a lot of ppl say it was.... Just trying to straighten things out..... I am frustrated with Joe, but he has helped us get to the playoffs his last 5 years....

Flacco has been little more than a caretaker. The more rope this franchise gives him the more he hangs himself. Cam knew exactly what he had all along. Flacco got Cameron fired who's next?

Joe rode a strong defense and running game the first few years. He needs to put on the big boy pants and saddle up for a playoff run.

[quote name='frank21054' timestamp='1355705919' post='1265936']
Joe rode a strong defense and running game the first few years. He needs to put on the big boy pants and saddle up for a playoff run.
[/quote]
Strong D and run game explain our 9 wins right?
NOPE wrong again!

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355706272' post='1265968']
Strong D and run game explain our 9 wins right?
NOPE wrong again!
[/quote]
Considering what the person you quoted said, it's not hard to see. Our two best years was 2008 and 2011, both years with imposing defenses and we went to the AFC Champ game. Years our defense were suspect in 2009, 2010 and this year the team has been VERY beatable.

If I'm Ozzie, I'm done giving Joe weapons and the next draft is entirely both the front 7 and the Oline. I'm making the team run the ball behind Leach at least 15 times a game and using Flacco for PA.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355701978' post='1265599']

[/quote]

How was it a mistake to call as pass on the goal line? I liked the no huddle up tempo down there. Joe was just late in getting the ball and threw a bad pass. That was all Joe, not Jim Caldwell.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355711010' post='1266345']
Considering what the person you quoted said, it's not hard to see. Our two best years was 2008 and 2011, both years with imposing defenses and we went to the AFC Champ game. Years our defense were suspect in 2009, 2010 and this year the team has been VERY beatable.

If I'm Ozzie, I'm done giving Joe weapons and the next draft is entirely both [b]the front 7 and the Oline[/b]. I'm making the team run the ball behind Leach at least 15 times a game and using Flacco for PA.
[/quote]Definitely #1 priority next year; all of our top 4 draft picks should go for OT.....

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355711010' post='1266345']

If I'm Ozzie, I'm done giving Joe weapons and the next draft is entirely both the front 7 and the Oline. I'm making the team run the ball behind Leach at least 15 times a game and using Flacco for PA.
[/quote]
FLACCO IS NOT A BAD QB! I am not a Flacco lover by any means, IK he had a crap game, but the entire team has played like crap these past three weeks. You people are so caught up believing what the [profanity deleted] media says that you do not see,
ONE DAMN PERSON DOES NOT LOSE A GAME IN A TEAM SPORT! We all suck now..... Joe isn't the problem, but he aint the answer....

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355711648' post='1266389']
FLACCO IS NOT A BAD QB! I am not a Flacco lover by any means, IK he had a crap game, but the entire team has played like crap these past three weeks. You people are so caught up believing what the [profanity deleted] media says that you do not see,
ONE DAMN PERSON DOES NOT LOSE A GAME IN A TEAM SPORT! We all suck now..... Joe isn't the problem, but he aint the answer....
[/quote]
I didn't say he was a terrible QB, but he's not a guy who can sit back and sling it, his awareness won't allow for success and he's slow going through his reads. To fix the problem, make him a guy who works off of PA and a strong run game. Make him Jake Delhomme when Carolina was good. How damn difficult is that to understand.

Give him a good Oline and a strong front 7 on defense. The only games Flacco wins gunslinging is against just awful defenses. And then he's prone to whatever the hell kind of games you want to call Jax/ Seattle last year.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355711854' post='1266399']
I didn't say he was a terrible QB, but he's not a guy who can sit back and sling it, his awareness won't allow for success and he's slow going through his reads. To fix the problem, make him a guy who works off of PA and a strong run game. Make him Jake Delhomme when Carolina was good. How damn difficult is that to understand.

Give him a good Oline and a strong front 7 on defense. The only games Flacco wins gunslinging is against just awful defenses. And then he's prone to whatever the hell kind of games you want to call Jax/ Seattle last year.
[/quote]
I'd say he is more of a Roethlisberger minus the injuries and the stupidity. He is a QB who can win games with a great D and a solid O-Line (Roth isnt a gun slinger, benefits from having great weapons, but has always had solid running game). Everyone is prone to those kind of games. But Flacco needs to fix his awarness problems, as they are seemingly getting worse and worse. WTH happened? We fired Zorn. I say, promote Caldwell and hire Zorn! Anyone else with me?

[quote name='I AM LEGEND' timestamp='1355713169' post='1266503']
Mr.Irrelevant youve been on a crusade all day long to save Flacco....why

He sucks
[/quote]
Inconsitent is the word you are looking for....

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1355714966' post='1266636']
No one remembers last years AFCCG?
I could have sworn Flacco was lights out
[/quote]
My point exactly

[quote name='cursona pirate' timestamp='1355714966' post='1266636']
No one remembers last years AFCCG?
I could have sworn Flacco was lights out
[/quote]

Last year is the key word. Words I should say. It's an all new season.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1355715139' post='1266655']

[/quote]
So we should give up on him after one season. Falcons didn't give up on Ryan when they missed the playoffs? Ryan has never even one them a playoff game! Flacco has! Omg we could be the Browns! Ryan may put up big numbers but he is nothing in playoffs! I'll take Joe over him in the playoffs any day of the year.

[quote name='TreTheRaven' timestamp='1355715139' post='1266655']
[/quote]
It has to do with the coaches if a player regresses... Thats why Norv is gone in SD, thats why Cam left. Unless it is age, or a really sucky player(which Flacco is not), than its on the coaches. BRING BACK ZORN!

Flacco has just enough potential to get everyone around him fired. He's already succeded with Cameron . I agreed with the Cam firing because this franchise had to see what Flacco could do without him.

Flacco has gotten worse. It's as obvious as anything Cam kept the reigns on because he knew Flacco couldn't be trusted. Cam had to playcall with one armed tied behind his back because of Flacco's limitations. Next guy out the door should be Flacco, no way does he even deserve the franchise tag. He hasn't had a decent year since 2010 which happened to be the year he peaked. Yet he has the audacity to call himself a top five quarterback and demand top five money. When Flacco loses out get rid of Boller 2.0 before the next preseason game.

Speaking of Boller , I shouldn't be surprised people are defending Flacco's horrendous play as he's a little better than Boller and some in the fanbase defended that guy long after it was apparent to everyone outside Ravensnation that he was horrid.

I guess some in the fanbase will find an excuse for any quarterback they bring in..

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355712161' post='1266416']

I'd say he is more of a Roethlisberger minus the injuries and the stupidity. He is a QB who can win games with a great D and a solid O-Line (Roth isnt a gun slinger, benefits from having great weapons, but has always had solid running game). Everyone is prone to those kind of games. But Flacco needs to fix his awarness problems, as they are seemingly getting worse and worse. WTH happened? We fired Zorn. I say, promote Caldwell and hire Zorn! Anyone else with me?
[/quote]

flacco's...big ben??? um. no. sorry, but no. The Steelers o-line is garbage this year, and Pig Pen is still putting up good numbers. Even though they lost yesterday, he put on a much better show than Joe did. Joe is a statue in the pocket, which is just the stupidest thing to be when you're being protected by a bunch of bums. at least pig pen knows how to move around and make space. as much as as i hate the guy, it's stupid to compare him to Flacco.

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1355759231' post='1267560']
flacco's...big ben??? um. no. sorry, but no. The Steelers o-line is garbage this year, and Pig Pen is still putting up good numbers. Even though they lost yesterday, he put on a much better show than Joe did. Joe is a statue in the pocket, which is just the stupidest thing to be when you're being protected by a bunch of bums. at least pig pen knows how to move around and make space. as much as as i hate the guy, it's stupid to compare him to Flacco.
[/quote]

Show? You care about the show? Sorry, I care about wins and losses. Right now Flacco has more wins with a worse o-line and a WAY worse defense. Flacco might not ever be better than he is right now, but give him Pittsburgh's defense and we'd be sitting pretty for the playoffs.

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1355759231' post='1267560']
[/quote]

Irrevelents comments was good for laughs. Mentioning Flacco in the same paragraph as any of the great quarterbacks in the game should be cause for extreme laughter.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1355759516' post='1267568']
Show? You care about the show? Sorry, I care about wins and losses. Right now Flacco has more wins with a worse o-line and a WAY worse defense. Flacco might not ever be better than he is right now, but give him Pittsburgh's defense and we'd be sitting pretty for the playoffs.
[/quote]

Ben 2 Super Bowls and in the conversation at times for MVP. The Steelers can develope recievers with late picks because Ben's ability can help them with the learning curve, Flacco on the other hand......................No comparison

[quote name='Warren2621' timestamp='1355702684' post='1265641']
Its not about the offense scheme. its about the fact that our QB overthrows open receivers, doesnt move his feet well, cant feel pressure, and makes bad decisions.

a premeditated throw that went for a pick six isnt caused by a new system. its caused by the quarterback. Flacco never steps up and gets rid of the ball when he feels pressure, and even when he does, the throw is so erratic its ridiculous.

I thought a few things looked better today (except for a 2nd and 20 run play that had Cam written all over it). Flacco just is not a threat. When Peyton feels heat, he shuffles his feet and hits the open spot left by the blitzer.

When Flacco feels heat, he panics and tries to escape the pocket where he either gets sacked, or he throws a ball thats so off we cant tell where its going.
[/quote]
It's a little different when the QB is getting heat on every play. The best QBs look out of sorts and confused when the heat is on all the time. Let's use Brady as an example. When he gets heat on many plays he makes mistakes like everyone else but give him some time and he's deadly. Every QB overthrows a receiver now and then. Manning overthrew a few.

[quote name='Moderator 3' timestamp='1355759516' post='1267568']
Show? You care about the show? Sorry, I care about wins and losses. Right now Flacco has more wins with a worse o-line and a WAY worse defense. Flacco might not ever be better than he is right now, [u][b]but give him Pittsburgh's defense and we'd be sitting pretty for the playoffs.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

but that is just it right there M3. lol! imo, Flacco has had a solid Ravens defense since he's been in the league to cover up his deficiencies as a QB. now that the Ravens D is plagued with injuries and some piss poor game play themselves....imo, Flacco has not taken the opportunity to step up and show that he is that "go-to guy" to elevate his offense or the entire team on a consistent basis. Flacco is not that dude M3! listen...we've watched him for 14 games now and imo, instead of getting better he is getting worse and on top of that....the "rookie" QB's (i.e. RG3, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson and now, even Colin Kaepernick) are outplaying our 5th year starting QB. and this season....our defensive weaknesses and deficiencies have truly exposed Flacco for what he is. you can't get blood out of a turnip!

~Mili