285 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,114 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

The Ravens’ 34-17 defeat was the worst loss at M&T Bank Stadium since 2007.

View the full article

#2 ravenisthebest7

ravenisthebest7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

Don't know how it looked on TV, but at the game, this was horrible.

The starting OL was horrendous. Bobbie Williams hold to negate a first down run sufficiently ended a drive in the first half. Oher was beaten seemingly every play, despite Flacco not getting sacked. Couldn't run block, couldn't pass protect.

The secondary was likewise beaten. Cary Williams was abused, although Jimmy Smith I thought looked good in his limited work. It was painful to see Williams give up yet another first down, then with the guy out of bounds, violently throw him to the ground for an obvious penalty. That's not how you "play like a Raven".

The linebackers that filled in did as best they could, but Brendan will never be more than a special teamer and Bynes looked overmatched often. Glad to see McPhee get a sack, but the line struggled to stop the run, maintain gap control, or get penetration.

Flacco looked lost, as he has far too common this year. Seriously need to build something up in the draft. I don't care what it takes, we need Manti Te'o. Flacco is losing flavor with me very quickly, very quickly.

#3 BoominRaven

BoominRaven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

nah harbaugh that's not "just football" that's bad football staring a receiver down from the snap no way that pass made sense. i hate the way harbs and flacco always just chalk up a loss like its no big deal. last i checked we've lost 3 straight games 2 of which we shoulda won easily and theres a strong chance we lose out

#4 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

@ravenisthebest7 - Yes I would love to have the linebacker out of ND. And you are preaching to the choir about your support of Joe Flacco :(

#5 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Flacco and Harbaugh, who has a worse explanation for the loss? The same ol' cr@p beind fed to us. Start benching players if they do not execute as there have been numerous execution issues. Will someone please have the guts to call things out like Ed Reed does?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

#6 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Title says embarrassing loss. Trouble is Flacco and Harbaugh aren't embarrassed.

#7 PurpleCity81

PurpleCity81

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Can't believe how we got handled today by Denver!, but with how our depleted D played I give them credit for trying to hang in there and wait for the Offense to wake up. Cam is gone and Flacco is still not getting it done and staring down where he is throwing the ball..smh,next Sunday I hope is better

#8 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts

Want to laugh.... Watch Harbs after game video..... He's delusional!! Haaa "we're going to go after our dream and win the division".... Haaaa too funny!

#9 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

THAT is what REAL coaches and QBs' do. Flacco, if you want to get paid like the man, well, start "being the man" and LEAD the team. I think leadership is something ANY QB knows that they HAVE to have. Geesh...

#10 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I had a guy work for me like this one time. Always had an excuse for fouling up. I suspected him of drinking on the job for months and months. Then one day I just fired him and never felt better.

#11 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

@BoominRaven - I agree. At some point you have to at least fool the fans that you are hurt when you lose. Too many of these new school coaches have the same demeanor. It's like they all have the same public speaking coach. Even though we make jokes about Dennis Green, Herm Edwards, and Jim Mora, but those old school coaches didn't try to act like a lost was ok as soon as the game was over. You work your butt off for a week to win a game and when you lose it should hurt.

#12 outkast1

outkast1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

The 3 outs and turnovers,kept our defense on the field too long.The back-up players were playing at a very high level.Joe failed to make clean throws and killed both sides of the ball.

#13 singin1

singin1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Flacco does not seem like he cares. He looks as if he is on downers when he is in the game. No pocket awareness AT ALL. Harbs, be a man and start calling things out! Like Ed Reed does. No more sugar coating. This is a man's league and that was not "just football", that was "Terrible football".

#14 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

used top be a mans league at least singin1

#15 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

nah harbaugh that's not "just football" that's bad football staring a receiver down from the snap no way that pass made sense. i hate the way harbs and flacco always just chalk up a loss like its no big deal. last i checked we've lost 3 straight games 2 of which we shoulda won easily and theres a strong chance we lose out

1000% agree!!

Harbs makes it seem like its normal, no big deal. He should be the next to go.

#16 baltravens

baltravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Yeah, Flacco is elite.SMH.

#17 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

I always felt Harbaugh was in over his head. He had some excellent players who were leaders thenmselves like Ray Lewis that made him look good. Now, not so much.

#18 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Don't get me wrong I still love my Ravens and believe we can at least win one game in the playoffs, but this game was strictly about how Flacco would perform without Cam Cameron calling the shots. I would assume that Flacco had a chance to put his input on the game plan. Maybe things will get better, but as of today all of the pressure is on Flacco because there is no Cam to blame this week. When you make comments like you are "the best QB in the NFL" you have to walk to walk if you talk the talk. Yes Ray Lewis talks the talk but that guy walks the walk.

#19 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

I wouldn't mine watching a team who went 0-16 if they were getting better each week. This stuff is the other way around. And it sucks.

#20 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

I'm not happy with the run game, as soon as rice gets the ball the hole closes. Pierce has been doing a nice job

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users