218 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I find it hard to believe people really want Flacco gone. You really want to turn into a team like the Chiefs who have nobody at qb. We would have to lose nearly every game in a season just to possibly get a replacement. I know Flacco isn't the best but I can't think of anybody else we could get.

I'm not going to defend Flacco for his play but the Broncos are a top defense. It's not like were playing against the Jags out there. The playoffs are still in reach and with a better O-line we will see better play. I'd rather go to the playoffs after a rough season then go 0-16 just to wait 4 years and hope the rookie QB we pick develops.

2yno6dx.png

#2 SuggsBarber

SuggsBarber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

We're kind of resigned to that we'repretty much stuck with him.I;d have more optimism if he weren't regressing so.

#3 Purple_ICE 81

Purple_ICE 81

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Tyrod taylor of coarse!!!, apparently a lot of people think he is our answer to a superbowl title. :lol3:

Welcome WR Steve Smith 5 time pro bowler

Career Stats: 836 receptions /// 12,200 yards /// 67 TDs

#4 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

I'm pissed about that INT, but Kurt Warner did the same thing in a Super Bowl. He's disappointed me, but I need to see him in a different system with a different coach before I cast him into the fires of Mount Doom.

#5 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

We have so many holes right now. Our Defence is in shambles, our Coordinators couldn't coordinate a microwavable thanksgiving dinner, Flacco is average at best (we beetter NOT pay this guy elite money, we need all the cap space we can afford let him test the market, he'll come back with his tail between his leg begging for even our smallest pittance), our O line couldn't stop a nosebleed never mind one of the top 3 pash rushing tandems in the NFL.

So due to this little debacle ^, I'd like to again thank Billy Cundiff and Lee Evans for throwing away our last chance at that window which had been open for so many years due to great defensive play, but we just could never get an offence worth shaking a stick at. There aren't any FA's worth signing so forget that. We just need to pay flacco a modest amount of money (9-10 mill/year) and cut some of the fat off of our roster, and surround him with offensive linemen who can block. Also an OC chance HAS to happen our offensive playbook and the calling is BOGUS! A new OC and a better O line would do wonders for this team. Our Defence wouldn't look nearly so bad if they didn't have to play 85% of the snaps. even with their ridiculously high amount of playing time, and injuries at all positions to key players, they played their TAILS off today and looked good, if not great at times!

But we can't compromise our entire draft for years to come and get Geno Smith or whoever the hot shot is this year. We're going to need some strong drafts in the next couple years to prevent a downward spiral.

#6 shootyoup

shootyoup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

We can pursue the option of a better QB through the draft. Look at Russell Wilson and the recent qbs from the 2nd round that have done well, we can at least try and look at options. I hate how people say, "there's nobody better than him available we must commit to Flacco then because he is better than Boller!" By that logic, who do we want to replace Cary Williams, Oher, or Birk? There's nobody available, so we must give up apparently.
Those same people considered going after Peyton Manning ridiculous too, which turned out to be a great move for Denver.

#7 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

i hate Flacco but i think we may be stuck with him. I haven't seen enough of Tyrod to see if he's ready to play with the big boys. you can always look into the draft (Matt Barkley, EJ Manuel) but that could end up being a bad move. not sure.

#8 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

And therein lies the dilemma. Flacco is decidedly average, but we're stuck.

We can pursue the option of a better QB through the draft. Look at Russell Wilson and the recent qbs from the 2nd round that have done well, we can at least try and look at options. I hate how people say, "there's nobody better than him available we must commit to Flacco then because he is better than Boller!" By that logic, who do we want to replace Cary Williams, Oher, or Birk? There's nobody available, so we must give up apparently.
Those same people considered going after Peyton Manning ridiculous too, which turned out to be a great move for Denver.

The only reason Russell Wilson dropped is his height. Otherwise he was considered a first round talent. There are no prospects like him available.

#9 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

I'm pissed about that INT, but Kurt Warner did the same thing in a Super Bowl. He's disappointed me, but I need to see him in a different system with a different coach before I cast him into the fires of Mount Doom.

The Flacco pick was mostly on him ,but where is Harbs and why isnt he calling a timeout .The offense looked unorganized right before the pick and I was screaming at the tv for a timeout!

#10 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Dude Tyrod Taylor. He's gonna take us to the promise land. Troy Smith 2.0 is gonna win us our next super bowl. /sarcasm.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#11 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

The names that come to mind are Matt Flynn or Alex Smith could be available. Henne plays as well as Flacco and would be much less money.

#12 frank21054

frank21054

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

The Flacco pick was mostly on him ,but where is Harbs and why isnt he calling a timeout .The offense looked unorganized right before the pick and I was screaming at the tv for a timeout!

Reminds me of the New England game and the field goal last year.

#13 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

well, now that I think about it, Aaron Rodgers was 2nd string for a while. I just haven't seen Tyrod enough yet to make a fair judgement on the kid.

#14 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,206 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

well, now that I think about it, Aaron Rodgers was 2nd string for a while. I just haven't seen Tyrod enough yet to make a fair judgement on the kid.

Rodgers and Tyrod aren't even comparable.

#15 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,722 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

He probably wanted to save those time outs to challenge some more obvious things.

#16 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Reminds me of the New England game and the field goal last year.

You are right on the money here!!!! There was no need to rush that play today we had all of our timeouts ! Crazy!

#17 shootyoup

shootyoup

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

And therein lies the dilemma. Flacco is decidedly average, but we're stuck.

The only reason Russell Wilson dropped is his height. Otherwise he was considered a first round talent. There are no prospects like him available.

Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernic are both 2nd round guys in the past two years with some high upside. I know that they might end up being busts, but I'm saying we have to take a serious look at a quarterback high in the draft. We passed on these guys because I'm sure QB wasn't even in Ozzie's mind in the 1st round.

There very well might be a good quarterback in this year's draft, few people were really hyping Wilson like RGIII or Luck, and we should take a chance. It's dumb to just say, well we have player X right now and he's ok and the free agents are not too much better, so let's just completely ignore this area of our team. I think it's just dumb to say well there's no easy upgrades availilbe so let's just do nothing since our previous quarterbacks sucked and Flacco is the best out of a mediocre group.

#18 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,544 posts

He probably wanted to save those time outs to challenge some more obvious things.

hahahaha

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#19 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,440 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

There's a reason Rodgers went in the first round and Taylor went in the 6th. Taylor wasn't even accurate in college.

#20 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

ok, ok, so maybe Tyrod is definitely not our savior here. nevertheless, joe's seat is on fire right now. hopefully next week he can put that fire out, because i really want him to prove himself as elite, i really do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users