Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

acosta2277

I Want Tyrod Taylor!

1,237 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco is a disgrace to the game of football. He might be worse then Mark Sanchez. And we need him to step off the field and give Tyrod a chance to make some plays. Its time for Flacco to put up or shut up.

[quote name='acosta2277' timestamp='1355690597' post='1264462']
Joe Flacco is a disgrace to the game of football. He might be worse then Mark Sanchez. And we need him to step off the field and give Tyrod a chance to make some plays. Its time for Flacco to put up or shut up.
[/quote]

I agree this is horrible. And for the guy not to show any emotions is what ticks me off. You can't throw a pick 6 for 95 yards and go to the sideline like it's no big deal.

If Joe continues to play like this I think we will let him walk and rebuild

I think Biscotti & Co. wanted to see what he could do with more
freedom . If the Denver game is any indication, we will not pay him what some
other teams will .

Harbs is not helping any by not calling timeouts like he should have near the end of the second half
when the team was hurrying too much and then Flacco lays a turd with a pick six. That was the end of the game .

I never thought till today that there was a good chance we may let him walk.

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. If Flacco is equally as bad next week and then again @Cincy, I'll give *some* validity to your stance. I am (and have been) questioning Flacco's ability to read defenses and pocket awareness for some time though. He'll never be Brady, Peyton, or Eli in that regard, but Roethlisberger is a prime example that you don't need to be a genius to win a SB or two.

[quote name='Raving_Heathen' timestamp='1355691701' post='1264617']
Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. If Flacco is equally as bad next week and then again @Cincy, I'll give *some* validity to your stance. I am (and have been) questioning Flacco's ability to read defenses and pocket awareness for some time though. He'll never be Brady, Peyton, or Eli in that regard, but Roethlisberger is a prime example that you don't need to be a genius to win a SB or two.
[/quote]

Yeah I honestly think if he plays like this against the Giants and Bengals they will consider moving on .

Reed and Lewis need to go in a amicable way . Way too much money paid to of my favorite players sad to say .

We need to free some cap space bad .

Tyrod is my native Virginian and from my region. i've been following him since his high school days as a Hampton High Crab, then to Virginia Tech as a Hokie and now here as a Raven. BUT i don't want him to come in. to be honest, i'd like to see my boy Tyrod go to another team where he can start and shine because his skills and talents are going to waste here with the Ravens and sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh!

~Mili

I'm still a Flacco fan so my opinion might be a little biased, but..

Let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. Let's look at the FA class, QB class, and our roster.
Unless Barkley or Geno miraculously falls to us, no QB in the class even has potential to be as good as Flacco in my opinion.
And as bad as he has been sometimes, the only QB that you could argue is even nearly as good as Flacco that could be available in the off season would probably be Vick. No one here wants Vick, do they?

And aside from mobility, I honestly don't see what Tyrod brings to the table that would make him a better decision than Flacco.

That's just my opinion though.

Flacco is the best option we have, unfortunately.

I think they will let Joe test the market, see what other teams would pay and make a decision based on that.

But to answer Tyrod Taylor? No.

[quote name='Token' timestamp='1355692201' post='1264673']
I'm still a Flacco fan so my opinion might be a little biased, but..

Let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. Let's look at the FA class, QB class, and our roster.
Unless Barkley or Geno miraculously falls to us, no QB in the class even has potential to be as good as Flacco in my opinion.
And as bad as he has been sometimes, the only QB that you could argue is even nearly as good as Flacco that could be available in the off season would probably be Vick. No one here wants Vick, do they?

And aside from mobility, I honestly don't see what Tyrod brings to the table that would make him a better decision than Flacco.

That's just my opinion though.
[/quote]

Exactly what I've been saying today. Joe's going to win the starting gig next year completely by default, not because he's earned it.

First of, Flacco's throws were horrible and off target like a mile; second, our offense of line is horrible as well that we couldn't hold off Denver's pass rush. What need to fix in priority is our offense of line......

[quote name='AwakenTheDemon' timestamp='1355692546' post='1264705']
Exactly what I've been saying today. Joe's going to win the starting gig next year completely by default, not because he's earned it.
[/quote]
Ugh, that's what was said about Boller for 3 years...

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1355692619' post='1264714']
First of, Flacco's throws were horrible and off target like a mile; second, our offense of line is horrible as well that we couldn't hold off Denver's pass rush. What need to fix in priority is our offense of line......
[/quote]
You can clearly see Flacco do this.... OFFSEASON Improvments...

i'm not calling for Tyrod to start here. absolutely not! i'm starting a new campaign to "release" my boy and let him go to another team to fight for the starting job. his talents and skill sets are going to waste sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! let him go and play for someone else that needs a QB.

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355692802' post='1264739']
i'm not calling for Tyrod to start here. absolutely not! i'm starting a new campaign to "release" my boy and let him go to another team to fight for the starting job. his talents and skill sets are going to waste sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! let him go and play for someone else that needs a QB.

~Mili
[/quote]
I agree here. But this topic might break neg records....

We'll have to resign him as there really aren;t any options that stand out.Unless we catch lightning in a bottle with some unknown rookie.Which is very unlikely.The thing now is not so much money but what will be the minimum amount of years he will sign for.

that is a very impulsive statement from todays game and its stupid. that said, i am not liking the trend of our receivers leaping 3 feet just to catch the ball.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355692802' post='1264739']

~Mili
[/quote]
That also won't happen, he's not an NFL calibre QB. Unless he goes to Arizona.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355692638' post='1264718']
Ugh, that's what was said about Boller for 3 years...
[/quote]

Let's not go crazy and lose perspective comparing Boller to Flacco. lol. Flacco's had an incredibly up and down season, but Flacco is [b]at the very least[/b] an above average QB in the same class as a Schaub or Cutler. On the other hand, how Boller managed to stick around so long is truly still one of the great mysteries in life.

[quote name='AsianRice' timestamp='1355692619' post='1264714']
[/quote]

OL is the biggest priority, biggest way to solve all these problems. Second priority should be WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS.

Look at ATL: Ryan is struggling, let's get a dominant WR in the draft.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355692725' post='1264732']
You can clearly see Flacco do this.... OFFSEASON Improvments...
[/quote]
We can pull a desperate push into the playoff; at least we have a good season with another post-season run.

[quote name='reediddy' timestamp='1355693487' post='1264833']
[b]OL is the biggest priority, biggest way to solve all these problems.[/b] Second priority should be WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS.

[/quote] Yes but not another WR draft....next year draft is going all out for OT and defense.

OL is the biggest priority, biggest way to solve all these problems. Second priority should be WEAPONS WEAPONS WEAPONS.

[/quote]

I agree with the OL comment. Fixing the issues at OL (solidifying the RT and LT positions and getting a center who doesn't get blown up every other play) would definitely help Flacco's consistency. I think the Ravens have a ton of weapons on offense though-- they're just not being used correctly.

I probably sound like a broken record to all of my friends and family on this point, but Joe Flacco is taking me back to the Kyle Boller days. Now, for as much blame as they want to put on Cam Cameron and anyone else on the offense, today showed who is at fault. JOE WACKO....excuse me, I mean FLACCO. :229031_rant: He is a disgrace to the position of quarterback. Our torn and tattered defense left it all out on the field today and for what....NOTHING....oh, my bad, I mean for a pick 6, fumble, 3 and out, etc.

It was so disheartening to see even the rookie QB's put up better offense than our "ELITE" veteran. Yeah, the next this guy utters the word "ELITE" he should be using it to refer to a real quarterback and not himself. If it wasn't for the true fighters on this team (Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Suggs, Ngata, Pitta, etc.) I would have left a long time ago. But unlike Flacco, I have a sense of duty and responsibility to my team and need to hang around through the end of the season and hopefully playoffs in support of them.

Hmph....maybe I should try out to be their QB. I certainly can do no worse......LOL! Funny thought, a 35 year old mother of 2 at QB. At least when I go down like a little "bleep", everyone would understand why.

[quote name='Raving_Heathen' timestamp='1355693484' post='1264832']
Let's not go crazy and lose perspective comparing Boller to Flacco. lol. Flacco's had an incredibly up and down season, but Flacco is [b]at the very least[/b] an above average QB in the same class as a Schaub or Cutler. On the other hand, how Boller managed to stick around so long is truly still one of the great mysteries in life.
[/quote]

If he throws like Boller, gets sacked like Boller, gets picked off like Boller, is immobile like Boller, and makes poor decisions like Boller...he can be compared to Boller.

:lol3: I laugh at people thinking we should rebuild...WHY? Dumbest solution ever. Thats what Philly is doing this year, we arent no where near where they are. Stop complaining and support the Ravens no matter what. There are no better Qbs out there for us, none. If we let Joe walk and grab Barkley or Geno smith or any of the crap qbs in this years mediocre at best QB class we will be like the browns or chiefs, or Buccaneers for the next couple of seasons-mediocre teams who go .500 and never make it to the playoffs. It would be long boring and stressful times to be a Ravens fan. Thats why you should look at our team now and notice that things arent as bad as they could be and its going to be REAAAALLLLY ugly if we were to rebuild which likely wont happen.

I think with a few tweaks here, a few tweaks there and a VERY reasonable contract for Flacco very reasonable (no where near what he wanted over the offseason) I think we can turn things around. So have faith folks.

[quote name='Bltravens' timestamp='1355693157' post='1264789']
That also won't happen, [b]he's not an NFL calibre QB.[/b] Unless he goes to Arizona.
[/quote]

imo, that's pure b.s. right there Bltravens. smh!

Tyrod needs to get off of this Ravens roster altogether and go to a team where he will be both wanted and needed as a starter. imo, RG3, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick and Josh Wilson are changing up the QB game and Tyrod could be in the mix with those new breed of QB's with his strong arm and athleticism if he wasn't a Raven. smh! imo, my boy's talents are wasting away sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! free the man! Arizona, Buffalo, Jaguars etc. imo, the Ravens need to free the man and let him go play for a starting spot! i hate him being the back up to Flacco and all of the hate he gets from some fans when other fans want him to come in the game. release the man or trade him to a team where he can be the starter.

~Mili

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355692168' post='1264669']
Tyrod is my native Virginian and from my region. i've been following him since his high school days as a Hampton High Crab, then to Virginia Tech as a Hokie and now here as a Raven. BUT i don't want him to come in. to be honest, i'd like to see my boy Tyrod go to another team where he can start and shine because his skills and talents are going to waste here with the Ravens and sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh!

~Mili
[/quote]

What talent? 50% completion in pre season?

[/quote]

what are you smoking? we have plenty of weapons, we just aren't doing anything with them.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355694843' post='1264996']
What talent? 50% completion in pre season?
[/quote]

see this is what i'm talking about. did i ask for Tyrod to replace Joe Flacco? no! did i say put Tyrod in for Joe Flacco? no! i said RELEASE him cause his talent is wasting away behind Joe Flacco and you post "what talent?" lol! that is my point! Tyrod receives too much hate as a Ravens backup QB. release the man! he needs to get as far away from the Baltimore Ravens as possible! and i'm a Ravens fan. go figure! lol!

~Mili

[quote name='HaX' timestamp='1355695027' post='1265019']
this was on the [profanity deleted]ty play calling and the awful O-line we have
[/quote]
NO it was on everyone....

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355695198' post='1265035']
see this is what i'm talking about. did i ask for Tyrod to replace Joe Flacco? no! did i say put Tyrod in for Joe Flacco? no! i said RELEASE him cause his talent is wasting away behind Joe Flacco and you post "what talent?" lol! that is my point! Tyrod receives too much hate as a Ravens backup QB. release the man! he needs to get as far away from the Baltimore Ravens as possible! and i'm a Ravens fan. go figure! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]
Smh. I didn't say you did, wonderboy. Smh. I'm simply questioning the "talent" Tyrod has. Smh. I thought that was obvious. Smh.

Smh!!!

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1355695175' post='1265033']
what are you smoking? we have plenty of weapons, we just aren't doing anything with them.
[/quote]

We have a lot of skill position players, not true weapons.

Look at NE, NYG, ATL. Those are weapons.

We have an old WR in Q who can't get any consistent separation. A one-trick pony in Torrey. Great all-purpose back in RR, to be sure. Bust TE in Dickson. Solid pass-catching TE in Pitta, but not convinced with his ability to block.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355694685' post='1264981']
imo, that's pure b.s. right there Bltravens. smh!

Tyrod needs to get off of this Ravens roster altogether and go to a team where he will be both wanted and needed as a starter. imo, RG3, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick and Josh Wilson are changing up the QB game and Tyrod could be in the mix with those new breed of QB's with his strong arm and athleticism if he wasn't a Raven. smh! imo, my boy's talents are wasting away sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! free the man! Arizona, Buffalo, Jaguars etc. imo, the Ravens need to free the man and let him go play for a starting spot! i hate him being the back up to Flacco and all of the hate he gets from some fans when other fans want him to come in the game. release the man or trade him to a team where he can be the starter.

~Mili
[/quote]Mili I agree with you alot, but Tyrod is nowhere near as accurate as those guys, and he runs before he passes. He's not a starter.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355695289' post='1265046']
Smh. [b]I didn't say you did, wonderboy. [/b]Smh. I'm simply questioning the "talent" Tyrod has. Smh. I thought that was obvious. Smh.

Smh!!!
[/quote]

wonderboy? i kinda like that but i'm a grown [profanity deleted] man! but seriously....where in my post did i say that YOU specifically said that i asked for Tyrod to replace Joe? i was making a statement to validate my point of "RELEASING" Tyrod from the Ravens to go play for another team. and i thought that was obvious. SMH! here is what is interesting. the OP stated that he wanted Tyrod over Joe. and all i did was say that i want Tyrod released from the Ravens and yet, you're trying to argue over that? and all of the "smh's"...that's not you...it's more like me so let me show you how it's done....SMH! lol!

~Mili

[quote name='reediddy' timestamp='1355695485' post='1265059']

We have a lot of skill position players, not true weapons.

Look at NE, NYG, ATL. Those are weapons.

We have an old WR in Q who can't get any consistent separation. A one-trick pony in Torrey. Great all-purpose back in RR, to be sure. Bust TE in Dickson. Solid pass-catching TE in Pitta, but not convinced with his ability to block.
[/quote]

what about JJ? you have to admit that he's been way underused in the WR position this year.

[quote name='Militant X 1' timestamp='1355695899' post='1265101']
wonderboy? i kinda like that but i'm a grown [profanity deleted] man! but seriously....where in my post did i say that YOU specifically said that i asked for Tyrod to replace Joe? i was making a statement to validate my point of "RELEASING" Tyrod from the Ravens to go play for another team. and i thought that was obvious. SMH! here is what is interesting. the OP stated that he wanted Tyrod over Joe. and all i did was say that i want Tyrod released from the Ravens and yet, you're trying to argue over that? and all of the "smh's"...that's not you...it's more like me so let me show you how it's done....SMH! lol!

~Mili
[/quote]

You must not be reading what I said. I'm questioning Tyrod's talent, nothing more than that.

SMH! ;)

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355695993' post='1265117']
You must not be reading what I said. I'm questioning Tyrod's talent, nothing more than that.

SMH! ;)
[/quote]
I cannot help but lol at this entire situation.....

Who cares.. Tyrod isn't going to play because this team's (FO, HC, JF) pride would be hurt if he plays well..

Pointless to even argue about it.

Even though I want Tyrod to get a chance.

[quote name='ratedr' timestamp='1355695663' post='1265075']
Mili I agree with you alot, but Tyrod is nowhere near as accurate as those guys, and he runs before he passes. He's not a starter.
[/quote]

ratedr...imo, Tyrod can be a starter IF given the opportunity on another team! he will NEVER be starting material backing up Flacco. while the OP is asking for Tyrod to replace Flacco...that is not my position. i say release Tyrod altogether and let him go to a team that needs a QB (i.e. Arizona, Buffalo, Jaguars etc.) so he can get an opportunity to shine. after all, we've be putting up with Flacco for 5 years now and there have been numerous times when he doesn't play like a starting QB either.

~Mili

By the way, who are you guys to judge what a man can or cannot do if he doesn't get an opportunity to. Regardless if you love Flacco or not, don't say Tyrod can't or isn't an NFL caliber QB. Don't give me his pre-season stats because that doesn't tell if a man can or can't do something.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355695993' post='1265117']

SMH! ;)
[/quote]

i understood you. Tyrod has a strong arm like Joe but needs to work on his accuracy at times...like Joe. lol! he's quick on his feet, mobile and definitely has pocket awareness and presence. something that Joe doesn't have. many think that he's a run first QB but that isn't true! sure, in his first 3 years in college he did that because VT's o-line was horrible. but in his senior year, he purposefully, stayed in the pocket or scrambled out (while looking down field for the open receiver) to move the chains. Tyrod is a good QB that could become great in the nfl if given the opportunity to lead a team. again, my point is opposite to the original poster. he wants Tyrod to replace Joe as the Ravens starting QB. that is not what i am saying. i want Tyrod to go someone else (o.e. Arizona, Buffalo or the Jaguars etc.) cause imo, it is obvious that as a Raven, his skill set is being wasted. that's all! :D

~Mili

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1355695929' post='1265110']
what about JJ? you have to admit that he's been way underused in the WR position this year.
[/quote]

Oh absolutely. I'm not trying to shoot down your opinion that these players are being used incorrectly; they absolutely are. When we signed Jacoby I was expecting him in 3 wide sets for days! Sadly has not been the case.

[quote name='reediddy' timestamp='1355696790' post='1265200']

Oh absolutely. I'm not trying to shoot down your opinion that these players are being used incorrectly; they absolutely are. When we signed Jacoby I was expecting him in 3 wide sets for days! Sadly has not been the case.
[/quote]

You need a decent Oline to run any spread formations. We don't have that.

Okay guys lets stop the fighting in here. No more name calling. We're all Ravens fans. I don't think Tyrod Taylor could find a starting job at many places. When it comes to scrambling QB's, RG3 has the best chance at going places. I just don't think he fits in this league. He's smarter than Troy Smith, but scrambling QB's such as Vick and McNabb haven't had much success. But that's neither here nor there, because I acknowledge that you (Mili) want him to start somewhere else. This is about a change at QB here. And Tyrod Taylor just doesn't fit this system. He'd be broken in half with this OffensIVE (not offense of) line. I think we should've drafted a pocket passer as our backup, but Cam wanted another QB who wouldn't confuse the other team for an occasional "trick" play. And no offense, but the person who said he's bothered by Flacco not showing emotion after throwing a pick 6, just let it go. This game isn't won by emotion or excitement. Ed Reed and other players showed plenty of that today. Did that help? No. So get it through your head: EMOTION DOES NOT WIN GAMES. Players do. And most of ours are injured.