1199 replies to this topic

#1 acosta2277

acosta2277

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Joe Flacco is a disgrace to the game of football. He might be worse then Mark Sanchez. And we need him to step off the field and give Tyrod a chance to make some plays. Its time for Flacco to put up or shut up.

#2 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

And this is being discussed elsewhere! MERGE!
Banned

#3 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Joe Flacco is a disgrace to the game of football. He might be worse then Mark Sanchez. And we need him to step off the field and give Tyrod a chance to make some plays. Its time for Flacco to put up or shut up.

I agree this is horrible. And for the guy not to show any emotions is what ticks me off. You can't throw a pick 6 for 95 yards and go to the sideline like it's no big deal.

#4 H8R

H8R

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I want YOU to take a HIKE!

#5 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

If Joe continues to play like this I think we will let him walk and rebuild

I think Biscotti & Co. wanted to see what he could do with more
freedom . If the Denver game is any indication, we will not pay him what some
other teams will .

Harbs is not helping any by not calling timeouts like he should have near the end of the second half
when the team was hurrying too much and then Flacco lays a turd with a pick six. That was the end of the game .

I never thought till today that there was a good chance we may let him walk.

#6 Raving_Heathen

Raving_Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. If Flacco is equally as bad next week and then again @Cincy, I'll give *some* validity to your stance. I am (and have been) questioning Flacco's ability to read defenses and pocket awareness for some time though. He'll never be Brady, Peyton, or Eli in that regard, but Roethlisberger is a prime example that you don't need to be a genius to win a SB or two.

#7 VA_Fan

VA_Fan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Eh.... I would rather put Dennis Dixon in.

#8 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Let's see how the rest of the year plays out. If Flacco is equally as bad next week and then again @Cincy, I'll give *some* validity to your stance. I am (and have been) questioning Flacco's ability to read defenses and pocket awareness for some time though. He'll never be Brady, Peyton, or Eli in that regard, but Roethlisberger is a prime example that you don't need to be a genius to win a SB or two.

Yeah I honestly think if he plays like this against the Giants and Bengals they will consider moving on .

Reed and Lewis need to go in a amicable way . Way too much money paid to of my favorite players sad to say .

We need to free some cap space bad .

#9 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,279 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Tyrod is my native Virginian and from my region. i've been following him since his high school days as a Hampton High Crab, then to Virginia Tech as a Hokie and now here as a Raven. BUT i don't want him to come in. to be honest, i'd like to see my boy Tyrod go to another team where he can start and shine because his skills and talents are going to waste here with the Ravens and sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#10 Token

Token

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'm still a Flacco fan so my opinion might be a little biased, but..

Let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. Let's look at the FA class, QB class, and our roster.
Unless Barkley or Geno miraculously falls to us, no QB in the class even has potential to be as good as Flacco in my opinion.
And as bad as he has been sometimes, the only QB that you could argue is even nearly as good as Flacco that could be available in the off season would probably be Vick. No one here wants Vick, do they?

And aside from mobility, I honestly don't see what Tyrod brings to the table that would make him a better decision than Flacco.

That's just my opinion though.
Posted Image

#11 Twistidfunk

Twistidfunk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Flacco is the best option we have, unfortunately.

I think they will let Joe test the market, see what other teams would pay and make a decision based on that.

But to answer Tyrod Taylor? No.

#12 AwakenTheDemon

AwakenTheDemon

Redwood Original

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,548 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm still a Flacco fan so my opinion might be a little biased, but..

Let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. Let's look at the FA class, QB class, and our roster.
Unless Barkley or Geno miraculously falls to us, no QB in the class even has potential to be as good as Flacco in my opinion.
And as bad as he has been sometimes, the only QB that you could argue is even nearly as good as Flacco that could be available in the off season would probably be Vick. No one here wants Vick, do they?

And aside from mobility, I honestly don't see what Tyrod brings to the table that would make him a better decision than Flacco.

That's just my opinion though.

Exactly what I've been saying today. Joe's going to win the starting gig next year completely by default, not because he's earned it.

50fe85a6-806d-4819-bc60-ed0fdf32f1af.jpg

GamerTag: AwakenTheDemon | PSN: OldLostAgony | Twitter

#13 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,275 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

First of, Flacco's throws were horrible and off target like a mile; second, our offense of line is horrible as well that we couldn't hold off Denver's pass rush. What need to fix in priority is our offense of line......
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#14 Bltravens

Bltravens

Livin In An Igloo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,743 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Exactly what I've been saying today. Joe's going to win the starting gig next year completely by default, not because he's earned it.

Ugh, that's what was said about Boller for 3 years...

#15 BALTIMOREFLACCO

BALTIMOREFLACCO

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,692 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

lmao

23mn1x.jpg

Thank god I was born a Texas Longhorn

Whiskey Sour GM

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

First of, Flacco's throws were horrible and off target like a mile; second, our offense of line is horrible as well that we couldn't hold off Denver's pass rush. What need to fix in priority is our offense of line......

You can clearly see Flacco do this.... OFFSEASON Improvments...
Banned

#17 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,279 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

i'm not calling for Tyrod to start here. absolutely not! i'm starting a new campaign to "release" my boy and let him go to another team to fight for the starting job. his talents and skill sets are going to waste sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! let him go and play for someone else that needs a QB.

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#18 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

i'm not calling for Tyrod to start here. absolutely not! i'm starting a new campaign to "release" my boy and let him go to another team to fight for the starting job. his talents and skill sets are going to waste sitting behind Joe Flacco. smh! let him go and play for someone else that needs a QB.

~Mili

I agree here. But this topic might break neg records....

Edited by Mr. Irrelevant, 16 December 2012 - 04:21 PM.

Banned

#19 SuggsBarber

SuggsBarber

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

We'll have to resign him as there really aren;t any options that stand out.Unless we catch lightning in a bottle with some unknown rookie.Which is very unlikely.The thing now is not so much money but what will be the minimum amount of years he will sign for.

#20 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Mili I did not mean your post....
Banned

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users