Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sizzlebshu

Oakland putting receivers up as trade bait

18 posts in this topic

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_22188319/young-oakland-raiders-receivers-making-an-impression?source=rss

Oakland is basically saying there receivers are up for grab for picks. I personally wouldnt mind seeing us spend one of our picks on Denarious Moore. What do you guys think?

Id give up a 5th or a 6th for Moore or Jacoby Ford. Especially now that we will hopefully end up with a OC that will utilize their abilities/speed properly.

[quote name='Ngata Chance' timestamp='1355686906' post='1263655']
I think Moore is definitely worth a look. Speed and hands.
[/quote]

This would be really interesting. I wonder what they are asking. All are very young and have solid, but not great production

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1355672616' post='1262018']
[url="http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_22188319/young-oakland-raiders-receivers-making-an-impression?source=rss"]http://www.contracos...sion?source=rss[/url]

Oakland is basically saying there receivers are up for grab for picks. I personally wouldnt mind seeing us spend one of our picks on Denarious Moore. What do you guys think?
[/quote]

At first I originally wanted Louis Murphy but then he got shipped to Carolina. I would love either Moore or Jacoby Ford, or even DHB if his contract isn't too bad.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1355727019' post='1267256']

At first I originally wanted Louis Murphy but then he got shipped to Carolina. I would love either Moore or Jacoby Ford, or even DHB if his contract isn't too bad.
[/quote]
Moore. Give Joe another freak speedster. Then again, all of these guys are. But bc Mckenzie is an idiot, we should find some way to get. Moore and their first round pick

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355727199' post='1267258']
Moore. Give Joe another freak speedster. Then again, all of these guys are. But bc Mckenzie is an idiot, we should find some way to get. Moore and their first round pick
[/quote]

Problem, he came from Green Bay so he knows what is he doing. Then again, maybe being in Oakland and seeing how horrible the current team is that he is willing to ship anyone out at such a low cost he don't care how valuable the player is. I still think we should trade for Rolando McClain.

[quote name='JO_75' timestamp='1355727901' post='1267267']

Problem, he came from Green Bay so he knows what is he doing. Then again, maybe being in Oakland and seeing how horrible the current team is that he is willing to ship anyone out at such a low cost he don't care how valuable the player is. I still think we should trade for Rolando McClain.
[/quote]
I'd give a 6th for him..... I think he'd take it...

I still would love to have DHB. I was in love with the idea of us picking him that year, (think it was 2007)?

He was a bust his first couple years but he looks pretty good now. I wouldn't trade a high pick for him, but I still like the Terp

I'd give a fourth for Denarious Moore. Pairing him with Torrey would let us get rid of boldin clear cap and have a group of young speedsters with great hands. If we spend our other draft picks on the d line and o line we will be in really good shape

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1355769281' post='1267850']
I'd give a fourth for Denarious Moore. Pairing him with Torrey would let us get rid of boldin clear cap and have a group of young speedsters with great hands. If we spend our other draft picks on the d line and o line we will be in really good shape
[/quote]

Completely agree. That would be an awesome combination on the outside with Tandon in the slot ( he has impressed me in his limited playing time)

[quote name='gabefergy' timestamp='1355770428' post='1267875']
Completely agree. That would be an awesome combination on the outside with Tandon in the slot ( he has impressed me in his limited playing time)
[/quote]
I'm not judging any of other receivers just because of the small sample size other than Kacoby (since Jacoby actually has a viable resume), but Moore + Torrey + Jacoby would be akin to Wallace Brown Sanders possibly even better. Ive been working on a mock ever since trying to figure out cap numbers etc... to get this team back on track and I have to say its very doable especially if we can avoid boldin's 7 million hit.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1355770782' post='1267885']

I'm not judging any of other receivers just because of the small sample size other than Kacoby (since Jacoby actually has a viable resume), but Moore + Torrey + Jacoby would be akin to Wallace Brown Sanders possibly even better. Ive been working on a mock ever since trying to figure out cap numbers etc... to get this team back on track and I have to say its very doable especially if we can avoid boldin's 7 million hit.
[/quote]

Yeah I think we can save 6M by letting Boldin go. He just isnt worth that price. Moore would be an upgrade, but even if we dont acquire anyone else there are WRs on the roster who can step up IMO. It's hard to justify the money Ray Lewis will make too. Its a bitter pill to swallow, but we need to move on.

[quote name='Sizzlebshu' timestamp='1355769281' post='1267850']
[/quote]

I wouldn't just want to get rid of Boldin though. A bunch of fast receivers doesn't work (just look at the team he is coming from). If we can convince Q to take a pay cut then I'd love to start Torrey, Moore, and Anquan. Let Jacoby come in on the 4 wide receiver sets our new OC would take advantage of.

We need someone physical and Boldin is having his best year as a Raven and he and Joe really click. But Torrey Moore Jacoby and Q would be a deadly combination.

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355727199' post='1267258']
[/quote]
We have a speed freakster in Deonte Thompson but we don't like using him....

[quote name='blitzking33' timestamp='1356034849' post='1271965']
We have a speed freakster in Deonte Thompson but we don't like using him....
[/quote]
I think he will get more of an opportunity next year. A year under his belt and a new OC that can use him. I also think there is a good chance both Boldin and Jacoby are gone next year so that opens up a lot of opportunity for Doss, Deonte, Williams, and Streeter.