Upcoming Events:  Lil Ravens Camp      Training Camp Stadium Practices      Movie Night   

Watch Training Camp LIVE Thursday at 8:30 am ET

Ravens training camp kicks off Thursday & we're bringing the action directly to you! News, analysis, giveaways and more! More info ยป
Close

Photo

How confident are you ?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

At this point in the season we have no reason to believe our defense can stop any other team in the NFL correct ? Our offense has been very sketchy and unreliable through out the season and the only steady play has been from the Special Teams. So how confident are you that we do not go one and done in the Play Offs and why.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#2 Moderator 2

Moderator 2

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,351 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I want to see the team tomorrow. The D is shell of what it was in TC, the injuries and what not BUT if they can hold teams to FGs while the Ravens score TDs there is a chance.
Posted Image

#3 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm playing Negative Nancy until we start winning....

#4 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

My husband and I will be on the field prior to the game. I'm very excited! :) I don't think the Ravens will be one and done in the play-offs if they can just get healthy. Being constantly behind before you even get started makes it that much harder to get anything productive.

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#5 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I want to see the team tomorrow. The D is shell of what it was in TC, the injuries and what not BUT if they can hold teams to FGs while the Ravens score TDs there is a chance.

I am to waiting for tommorow as well to see what the offense looks like but the defense should be the same as it has been for the last month or so which is sad. Ellerbe is still out i think. The only change is Jimmy Smith will be back which is neither here or there to me as he is so so at best and the only thing i can point to as a positive is Ngata is BACK baby..

#6 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

My husband and I will be on the field prior to the game. I'm very excited! :) I don't think the Ravens will be one and done in the play-offs if they can just get healthy. Being constantly behind before you even get started makes it that much harder to get anything productive.

What makes you think we can get ahead in the Play offs, Just curious as the teams in the play offs will be mostly well rounded teams and i see us having trouble gaining any edge unless Jacoby returns all of his returns for TD's. I am not being sarcastic but being realistic as we cannot stop anyone, we have a hard time keeping the offense on the field and the play from the offense has been bush league at best a lot of the times. I wish i saw what you see i really do but even though it has been said we were a lucky 9-2 and we finally came down to earth and will more then likely end up 9-7, 10-6 at best. We need some defensive solutions very fast IMO or we bow out very quickly.

#7 Ragin'Raven

Ragin'Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

What makes you think we can get ahead in the Play offs, Just curious as the teams in the play offs will be mostly well rounded teams and i see us having trouble gaining any edge unless Jacoby returns all of his returns for TD's. I am not being sarcastic but being realistic as we cannot stop anyone, we have a hard time keeping the offense on the field and the play from the offense has been bush league at best a lot of the times. I wish i saw what you see i really do but even though it has been said we were a lucky 9-2 and we finally came down to earth and will more then likely end up 9-7, 10-6 at best. We need some defensive solutions very fast IMO or we bow out very quickly.

Because I'm an eternal optimist.. ;)

But besides that, I just think that if some of the guys who are out will come back, it will bring back some sort of urgency within the entire team. I wish Ray Lewis would have been back tomorrow, even if he only played 10 plays. I think the emotional push of having him on the field would have made the rest of the team play "up".

I'm a mama of three boys. Nothing scares or disgusts me anymore. 

#8 TonyTone1192

TonyTone1192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

I know we lost our last home game which was our first lost at home in quite some time & it was to a 3rd string qb (not a good look). But I'm still confident that as long as we win our division we're winning atleast one playoff game. I believe that we're still one of the best teams at home. For some odd reason home or road our team is very situational, we tend to rise to the occasion. In the playoffs (assuming we make it) I'm hoping that Joe and Caldwell will realize that for once in our 16 year history we will need our O to carry us (something that we're not used to seeing) but it's time for us to make that transition. Even though we haven't played as well as we would have expected this season I still think we have a superbowl contending team this season. Our offense has the ability to be a top 5 offense in the league & I don't think anyone who saw our Bengals and Raiders beatdown would disagree, we just need our coaching staff to be spectacular and our offense to execute.

-TonyTone

bleed P U R P L E!

#9 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

I know we lost our last home game which was our first lost at home in quite some time & it was to a 3rd string qb (not a good look). But I'm still confident that as long as we win our division we're winning atleast one playoff game. I believe that we're still one of the best teams at home. For some odd reason home or road our team is very situational, we tend to rise to the occasion. In the playoffs (assuming we make it) I'm hoping that Joe and Caldwell will realize that for once in our 16 year history we will need our O to carry us (something that we're not used to seeing) but it's time for us to make that transition. Even though we haven't played as well as we would have expected this season I still think we have a superbowl contending team this season. Our offense has the ability to be a top 5 offense in the league & I don't think anyone who saw our Bengals and Raiders beatdown would disagree, we just need our coaching staff to be spectacular and our offense to execute.

-TonyTone

Tony unless some weird things happen we are almost sure to get a play off spot as our division is so soft. Our home record does not come into play as we will more then likely back into the play offs and not see a home game as far i know. I could be wrong about that though. I am just so concerned that the play offs will bring us competition that can exploit our weaknesses and we have a few, offense, defense LOL. Seems very strange but yes our defense is a BIG weakness. not only did we lose the last 2 games, we lost 2 a old man and a third string guy with just 11 NFL game snaps because of our defense. That is what scares me.

No matter what Caldwell does it all hinges on a defense that can stop anyone but they can and do not. That has me the most worried.

#10 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

I don't see us going to the superbowl, but by the time playoffs start, we will have Ray Lewis and Suggs on the field together for the first time all season, so you got to be excited about that.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#11 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

I'm worried about our injury woes. With 3 of our top ILB's probably missing the game tomorrow, as well as Pollard, and possibly Suggs, our defense is definitely worrisome. Not to mention, you have no idea how our offense will be.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#12 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,474 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

Why is making the playoffs a forgone conclusion? At this point, I won't be confident that the Ravens will make the tournament until they actually clinch it. If we do, anything can happen - it's not always the best team that wins the Super Bowl each year.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#13 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

I don't see us going to the superbowl, but by the time playoffs start, we will have Ray Lewis and Suggs on the field together for the first time all season, so you got to be excited about that.

I am always happy when Ray hits the field but think if he takes Ellerbe out of the game we are hurting our selves. If Ellerbe is hurt the yes Ray is the next man up but if Ellerbe is healthy put him in. Ray needs to face the fact that although he has been a tremendous force in the NFL for so many years his time is over and he is actually hurting if he makes Ellerbe sit. Thats just my opinion. Suggs is a great asset just because they know he could be a threat and he demands a blocker or two so Kruger or anyone else can come through to penetrate.

#14 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:26 PM

Why is making the playoffs a forgone conclusion? At this point, I won't be confident that the Ravens will make the tournament until they actually clinch it. If we do, anything can happen - it's not always the best team that wins the Super Bowl each year.

Friend the only way we do not make the play offs is if we lose out and the Steelers and Cincy win out and Tie in their game against each other correct ?

#15 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,474 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Friend the only way we do not make the play offs is if we lose out and the Steelers and Cincy win out and Tie in their game against each other correct ?

You're right! Well I'll be darned. Makes me feel a little better but I still want to see the little X (or Y) by the Ravens name.
Posted Image

"Bring it. They want physical. They want to run against us. You know we'll be there."

#16 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

SAM I Am......

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,736 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

And knowing Tomlin and Marvin they will prob do this to screw with us SMH

#17 PurpleCityLights

PurpleCityLights

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Negative Nancy - This could happen ...

#18 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,858 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

I am always happy when Ray hits the field but think if he takes Ellerbe out of the game we are hurting our selves. If Ellerbe is hurt the yes Ray is the next man up but if Ellerbe is healthy put him in. Ray needs to face the fact that although he has been a tremendous force in the NFL for so many years his time is over and he is actually hurting if he makes Ellerbe sit. Thats just my opinion. Suggs is a great asset just because they know he could be a threat and he demands a blocker or two so Kruger or anyone else can come through to penetrate.

Ray and Ellerbe would start. McClain would ride pine

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#19 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:48 PM

now that ray has been ruled out im not too confident about denver but i think once we (not IF we, as many have pointed out its damn near impossible to miss) reach the playoffs we can make it to the divisionals. we'll be healthier and hopefully less distracted with coaching changes and fines. if we really show up and win out, I'm pretty sure we get a first round bye, in which case i think we might make it to the championship in a rematch @ Houston or New England.

but with how they've played lately, our ravens have a good chance of going one and done this year, yeah.

#20 D_UP

D_UP

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Cautiously cautious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users