12 replies to this topic

#1 cookiedood

cookiedood

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

I am going to say it and, I am certain that many people will disagree, but here is the reality. Getting into the playoffs is all that should matter at this point, and if they play players that are not healthy and risk further damage, the playoffs may not happen. Peyton Manning is 8 and 0 against the Ravens, why in the world would we sacrifice more injury against a team that they would have a tough time beating even if everyone was healthy. Rest all the injured players and then we have a better chance against the Giants, and Bengals. Denver is going to win this game, why should the Ravens risk further injury. Rest the starters, and get healthy for the Giants.

#2 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

I am going to say it and, I am certain that many people will disagree, but here is the reality. Getting into the playoffs is all that should matter at this point, and if they play players that are not healthy and risk further damage, the playoffs may not happen. Peyton Manning is 8 and 0 against the Ravens, why in the world would we sacrifice more injury against a team that they would have a tough time beating even if everyone was healthy. Rest all the injured players and then we have a better chance against the Giants, and Bengals. Denver is going to win this game, why should the Ravens risk further injury. Rest the starters, and get healthy for the Giants.

For the same reason that I tell my oldest when he & I are playing basketball and I get out to an 8 or 10 point lead and he's ready to quit... You'll never know you can win if you don't try.

It's an attitude like this, we might as well just let the columnists and critics decide the winners. Why should the players even suit up and play the game? Why should we even watch if we know who is going to win week-in and week-out. In fact, lets go take a look at ATD's Pick 'Em league -- I'm sure everyone has a perfect pick 'em score up this point.

And I'll post this again, this is the team we're going up against...
Combined Record of the teams Denver has beaten: 39 - 65
Combined Record of the teams Denver has lost to: 32 - 7

Combined Record of the teams Baltimore has beaten: 51 - 66
Combined Record of the teams Baltimore has lost to: 29 - 24

~ Cosmic

Edited by CosmicRedPanda, 15 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

46&2

#3 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

I could not agree more. Even if we are a healthy team our defense is very suspect at it's best. We need some crucial pieces back. Ellerbe namely. I am not in a hurry for Ray Lewis or Jimmy Smith as they could hurt us. I think our offense can be a 30 plus score a game offense if we get consistent play and our special teams are among the top 10 at least. So yes do not bring anybody back in a hurry and play it safe till crunch time.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#4 NaveSenrag

NaveSenrag

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

For the same reason that I tell my oldest when he & I are playing basketball and I get out to an 8 or 10 point lead and he's ready to quit... You'll never know you can win if you don't try.

It's an attitude like this, we might as well just let the columnists and critics decide the winners. Why should the players even suit up and play the game? Why should we even watch if we know who is going to win week-in and week-out. In fact, lets go take a look at ATD's Pick 'Em league -- I'm sure everyone has a perfect pick 'em score up this point.

And I'll post this again, this is the team we're going up against...
Combined Record of the teams Denver has beaten: 39 - 65
Combined Record of the teams Denver has lost to: 32 - 7

Combined Record of the teams Baltimore has beaten: 51 - 66
Combined Record of the teams Baltimore has lost to: 29 - 24

~ Cosmic

That doesn't paint a very flattering picture. So Denver beats bad teams and loses to great teams while we beat bad teams and lose to middling teams. So what? Also, I like how you discount the Pick-em people, who make heavy use of stats when deciding the potential winners of games, only to bring up win-loss statistics as part of your point.

#5 usmccharles

usmccharles

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

I disagree. You never get anywhere by throwing in the towel. Look at the steelers...came to baltimore with a 3rd string qb...should of been a win for us. Well you know how that went, that could of changed the whole season. You never know what could happen...what if we win out and pats or texans lose a couple...number one or two seed. Yea they are what ifs....but im never ok with not giving it 100%. If they are healthy, play...if not...dont: but you always try to win.
KCCO

#6 CosmicRedPanda

CosmicRedPanda

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,606 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

That doesn't paint a very flattering picture. So Denver beats bad teams and loses to great teams while we beat bad teams and lose to middling teams. So what? Also, I like how you discount the Pick-em people, who make heavy use of stats when deciding the potential winners of games, only to bring up win-loss statistics as part of your point.

I wasn't discounting the people in the pick 'em league, merely illustrating the point that if games were decided by someone's opinion then we might as well not even play the game. And yes, I did use Win-Loss records as part of my illustration, only because I remain optimistic about our team. I refuse to run around the forums like some version of Chicken Little; "The sky is falling!"

Am I saying we're going to win? No. But I'd rather be optimistic that our team can beat a team that has had an easy schedule this year while we've managed to be as successful as we have with our tough schedule.

~ Cosmic

46&2

#7 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Winning is always the priority.

This topic is ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous! Resting injured guys and just giving up a game?!

Hah!!! That's a freaking joke!

#8 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

Winning is always the priority.

This topic is ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous! Resting injured guys and just giving up a game?!

Hah!!! That's a freaking joke!

I said resting.... But Still winning. You guys are crazy! Close thread here!

#9 wayne

wayne

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

That's a real loser mentality to have. It's any given Sunday, see what the Steelers did to us with Batch as well as the Redskins rookie QB.

#10 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

That's a real loser mentality to have. It's any given Sunday, see what the Steelers did to us with Batch as well as the Redskins rookie QB.

THANK U! Why does no one else see it like this!

#11 ryanpatt28

ryanpatt28

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

i cant sleep its 4.30 in the morning and im just laying here trying to come up with scenarios in my head how we can win this game and i just cant come up with any this really sucks

#12 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

i cant sleep its 4.30 in the morning and im just laying here trying to come up with scenarios in my head how we can win this game and i just cant come up with any this really sucks

we definitely won't be winning with that kind of attitude.

but seriously, it's not going to be the prettiest showing in the world, but they're at the bank, guys! let's rebuild that 15 game winning streak!

#13 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,136 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

If you stop being such a pessimist it gets a lot easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users