Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Lewis Not Moved To Active Roster, Won’t Play vs. Denver

82 posts in this topic

The veteran linebacker will not be able to play in Sunday’s game against the Broncos.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Lewis-Not-Moved-To-Active-Roster-Won’t-Play-vs-Denver/2687091a-b76d-43cf-867b-ca43c203e92e]View the full article[/url]

OK is Ray out but is it for the season or will he just cling to the faint hope we back into a playoff spot without him active?

[quote name='axisofeeble' timestamp='1355606581' post='1261600']
Is Kindle really not good enough to even be a backup to these guys?
[/quote]

I'm could be mistaken, but I am not sure if the Ravens got that special clearance from the NFL for Kindle to have that special helmet that would aid with his hearing deficit. That could be most of the hesitancy with putting him on the field due to communication issues. Just a thought.

This is a good call. It's gonna be tough beating Denver tomorrow, anyway. Rest up guys. All of you (Lewis, Suggs, Ellerbe, Dickson, Yanda, etc.). Go Ravens!!! :)

i thought Kindle was aslo still signed to the practice squad. Any one know his status. I know they released him and picked him back up.

FYI: Aaron Wilson of Ravensinsider reported that Ray needs more conditioning on his tricep due to muscle atrophy.

I believe this is to throw Eli off next week. We all know that Peyton will be on the phone as soon as our game is over to give Eli the scoop on our Defense!!Ray would be better off getting the extra rest.4 games in 18 days, then Peyton and Eli back to back,The NFL scheduling department either are Steelers fans or just wants our team out of the Playoff picture.Shouldn't of New England had this tough schedule? I meen they went to the SuperBowl.Instead they get the NFL's easist schedule for the 3rd year in a row.Pretty boy Brady wouldn't of made it through 4 games in 18 days,well I don't know if any team could! Like iv'e said before shame on the NFL!!!!!!!!!

It might not matter what the Ravens do on offense if they have no one who can stop Peyton Manning's offense.

If Ellerbe can't play the Ravens need to score over 40 points to have a chance. Not looking good.

Everyone is calling for Sergio when he played against Philly he had only one tackle and wasnt any type of factor & even in the preseason he didnt show anything. Im waiting for Adrian Hamilton

Also, Im just reallly hoping Ellerbe can make this game. Brendon & Bynes starting is pretty scary

Hopefully he'll me able to come back and help us beat the Giants as their fans are annoying and everywhere at my school.

(If Jameel is placed on IR) @aaronwilson : If Ravens make roster moves due to linebacker injuries, top candidates to be promoted from practice squad are Nigel Carr, Adrian Hamilton

No Ray Lewis, Ellerbe Questionable(which is probably NO), and Sizzle Game time Decision...

Not Feeling Good about this Game, even if Sizzle manages to gut it out.. and if conditions are moist or any chance of rain he won't risk it..

So with likely all 3 are out...

this could be one of those games

With a band squad defense we better put up at least 35 points to have any chance. Flacco will have to have a career game to do that. I don't think he has ever thrown for 400 yards since he was a Blue Hen. There is a first time for everything.

We need some LBs in this offseason. There's no excuse for our starters to be a special teams guy and some undrafted LB straight off the practice squad.

Who would have thought our defense would be so decimated at the start of this season? To be 9-4 having played so poorly on defense and so inconsistently on offense is a gift that should not be wasted....

[quote name='RavFan01' timestamp='1355612821' post='1261710']
Not one starter will be playing on our Line backing core...... It' hard to stay optimistic.
[/quote]

Sizzle hasn't been ruled out that I have heard. Also Kruger is a starter, good chance Elerbe (would start next to Ray if Ray was in) will play.....it's OK, you can be optimistic :)

GO RAVENS!