Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Broncos Pass Rushers Create Problems

46 posts in this topic

Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil are one of the top pass-rushing tandems in the NFL.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Broncos-Pass-Rushers-Create-Problems/3a17acbb-fd15-4acd-baa3-d9a8349a7d82]View the full article[/url]

Blind side !! Can Von Miller & Dumbervil get by Oher or Osemele with Leach helping out? How do those to measure up to Kruger&............................................who?

Jarrett. This article is a classic fill in the blank article. Insert any QB here, any left Tackle there and it will describe almost every NFL team. You can do better man!

Anyone mention Upshaw? If only Pernell McPhee was healthy. If only Kindle didn't tumble down those stairs. Is Suggs going on a honeymoon?

Jarret? He's on IR with bolts. Would McKinnie help stop Miller? Our pass rush is very average as is our offesive game plan.

Well then fellows, Granny has a briliant idea ...

Why don't we all just come together and be great then?

And there is your answer ... Granny knows best!

Von Miller has "Dominated" RT's this year, we have a Rookie RT that struggles in pass protection, I See Von on Kelechi and Dumervill on Oher..

Cary Williams has allowed 67 percent of the passes thrown in his direction to be caught for 785 yards and five touchdowns.Is that what you want out of your starting CB? we need to focus more on our Defense, not offense

But you guys also arent remembering that Oher handled Demarcus Ware to just 1 tackle for a loss and K.O. has done better than expected this year, anthony spencer the other great cowboys OLB was also stopped, K.O. did well with woodley too

The Broncos are our toughest opponents since the Patriots-game. Here's why I think sio:

- They've got an elite, vastly experienced QB who's in great form and has been great against us;

- They've got a rather balanced D that's in the top six iagainst both the run and the pass, top 6 in overall D;

- They've got a top 4 O. they only "weaker" point of their team is their run game - especially since McGahee is out. But we can all remember the Cowboys-game, where the weakest running team produced a 200-yard-plus game against us...

- They're 5-2 on the road;

- They're on an eight-game winning streak.

That's not gonna be a walk in the park, in any sense.

bio

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 15, 2012 - Off topic · Report post

[quote name='Bernie Mc1953' timestamp='1355597874' post='1261493']
More breaking news Suggs got married
[/quote] lol next breaking news better be that hes playing

Yes we have defensive woes but there is nothing we can do until our starters on D get healthy. For a change, lets get the offense to do the job of winning the game. Could you imagine if our offense gets as good as our D was last year? With Lewis, Suggs, and Reed - our D will be back.

Oher is going to get beat. Slide him to right tackle and put Big Mac in at left. If Yanda can't go then try out Bobbie Williams. If Joe isn't standing then we will be losing.

The broncos havent played nobody! The Ravens put up 20pts against the #1 defense and denver isnt #1! The Ravens have Too Many Weapons!

I really like that quote from Matt Birk he's a intelligent team oriented guy to bad more fans can't think like that instead of putting the blame all on one person but whatever if Birk runs for office he's got my vote wonder what party he is

[quote name='Purple Dawg 96' timestamp='1355609990' post='1261653']
The broncos havent played nobody! The Ravens put up 20pts against the #1 defense and denver isnt #1! The Ravens have Too Many Weapons!
[/quote]
the Broncos actually have played quite a few good teams...but lost lol
but the proper term is anybody (sorry double negatives are one of my pet peeves)

[quote name='D3x3001' timestamp='1355608507' post='1261632']
Oher is going to get beat. Slide him to right tackle and put Big Mac in at left. If Yanda can't go then try out Bobbie Williams. If Joe isn't standing then we will be losing.
[/quote]
what makes you think that a out of shape 360 lb. 33 year old left tackle that has always struggled against speed rushers will do better than the younger lighter more agile and faster Oher

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1355610667' post='1261661']
what makes you think that a out of shape 360 lb. 33 year old left tackle that has always struggled against speed rushers will do better than the younger lighter more agile and faster Oher
[/quote]

I guess they hope they will spend more time trying to get around that big body than it would be trust flying past Oher. Either way it sounds like the need to run at these pass rushers to get them on their heels and screen them to death also. Anything more than a 5 step drop will be trouble for Joe Cool.

[quote name='jrs034' timestamp='1355610667' post='1261661']
[/quote]
Maybe because McKinnie was "supposedly" out of shape last year yet he was our 18 game starter and did one heck of job. Oher has constantly given up pressure in almost every single game and when he's not getting torched KO is. These last 2 losses have ALOT to do with Oher giving up 2 strip sack fumbles. If he couldn't contain Skins pass rushers and an aging James Harrison then Von Miller will have him for lunch. Harbaugh has really cost us with this terrible and I mean terrible decision to bench McKinnie. I'm usually on board with the moves Ravens make but I haven't been with this one. Oher is a good RT but average at best at LT. If you cant see that then IDK what games you've been watching

Let me state a simple mathematical fact here:

Joe Flacco's pocket awareness is inversely proportional to the quality of the opposing side's pass rush!

So, please run the ball every chance you get for us to have a chance!

Nice of Birk to try and cover for Average Joe's lack of pocket awareness. Birk is and has always been a stand up guy. Nice try, Matt.