Photo

[News] Byrne Identity: Who Are The Ravens Right Now?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,845 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

While the Ravens are down, they're not done yet. History says big things can still happen.

View the full article

#2 Str8SicK

Str8SicK

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Great read as usual. I know it's going to be tough come Sunday, but I still believe our team can pull out the win. I won't be able to make it to the game but I hope all of the stadium treat this game as a playoff game because it might as well be. We need this, let's go get it!

#3 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

With Jameel McClain added to the list of casualties, I can't imagine the Ravens ending their losing streak to Peyton. He's been playing just as good as ever, while BAL's D is a shell of itself. Luckily, BAL should be able to sneak away with the division with just a win against CIN. Having to play in the Wild Card game comes with its own troubles, though.

#4 12thmandynasty

12thmandynasty

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Best Defense is a good Offense.

#5 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

What peter king said was hogwash. I'll bet my last dollar not one of the Ravens felt like they are an "average" football team. Thats not the Raven way. Until their last breath they will believe they can win it all....THATS the Raven way!!!

#6 AllRaven12

AllRaven12

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Ur going to have to beat manning at his own game level, Score and clock management and wear denvers defense down and less time he is on the field the better, he can run a No huddle faster that u can put ur pants on.

#7 ravensnestman1

ravensnestman1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Eat the clock and let Ray run! Forget the blitz. Smother the tight ends Tamme and Thomas, press the wide outs. Oh so simple on paper! Let's get turnovers and great field position. At least we can stay competitive.

#8 DarkKnight52

DarkKnight52

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

were a far cry away from that 7-7 Giants Team,yes we have more talent ,but we also have more injuries then they did ,and they had a better system as far as coaches special teams WR's ect and dont forget Flacco is no Eli Manning,All i have to say is we better get it done this week because the Giants and bengals 2nd time around will be no easy Win ,still Puzzled after watching last nights game more then ever now why we did not take Burfict ,the guy hits and he hits hard ,he could have been the Future Face when Ray Decidesto Hang them up which i hope isnt for awhile.

#9 illinoisravensfan

illinoisravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Our offense on the field = no P.M.!!!

#10 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

Just remember guys no streak lasts forever. Whether its an 8 game winning streak of a 2 game losing streak, it has to end soon.

#11 arizonaravensfan

arizonaravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'm afraid we're looking more like the 2009 and 2010 Ravens except we have more injuries. Let's hope we don't get bounced out on the road in the playoffs like they did .

#12 JakeNumber55

JakeNumber55

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

Peyton has beat us 8 times in a row, all 8 times this defense has had to carry us when we had no offense, This is the first time were playing Peyton with this talent we have on the offensive side of the ball.

#13 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,795 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

For some unknown reason....I have this up beat feeling we are going to take it to Denver and beat them soundly.....I never make predictions, but this time I will. Ravens 34 Broncos 27.

The team has a good chance to face them in the playoffs, at least we will be at home each time. :)

GO RAVENS!

Edited by ravenwildman, 14 December 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#14 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

Sick of hearing, this is the same team. We are just stacked with Injuries at key positions.

You don't see ESPN AND NFL NET. talking about the injuries, all they talk about is our Short comings.

#15 RavensFanThick&Thin

RavensFanThick&Thin

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

While I do believe it will be very tough to beat Denver with so many injuries, some part of me thinks that this whole change at OC situation could actually help if Caldwell calls a good game. Even though Denver's D is good, outside of offensive player weaknesses they have nothing to study as far as play calling tendencies because Caldwell hasn't called a game. One thing is for sure though, if Caldwell doesn't call plays with a quick release, Oher will look like a turnstyle against Von Miller. Oher has had so much trouble with the speed rush lately...

Edited by RavensFanThick&Thin, 14 December 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#16 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

were a far cry away from that 7-7 Giants Team,yes we have more talent ,but we also have more injuries then they did ,and they had a better system as far as coaches special teams WR's ect and dont forget Flacco is no Eli Manning,All i have to say is we better get it done this week because the Giants and bengals 2nd time around will be no easy Win ,still Puzzled after watching last nights game more then ever now why we did not take Burfict ,the guy hits and he hits hard ,he could have been the Future Face when Ray Decidesto Hang them up which i hope isnt for awhile.

Wow - I can't believe it took this long to see my first Burfict comment. Perhaps other have already posted, but this is the first I've seen.

Flacco is no Eli, in that he's not won 2 super bowls. Flacco can look the equal of Eli but has not had the consistency. That's what we're all praying for ... consistency.

We have more injuries than the Giants had last year ... at least right now. There is nothing saying we can't have all these LBs back before the post-season. That is - unless we act desperate to win any of these final games and roll guys out there before they are ready. Then, we may lose them for the rest of the year. THAT would be a mistake.

#17 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Sick of hearing, this is the same team. We are just stacked with Injuries at key positions.

You don't see ESPN AND NFL NET. talking about the injuries, all they talk about is our Short comings.

I know ... love hearing how we were "exposed" (as if the team were a fraud) in the past 2 weeks ... we have a special teamer and now a practice squad guy patrolling the short middle of the field and that is where both PIT and WAS hurt us. Lets see teams do that with a healthy group of McClain, Lewis and Ellerbe rotating in those 2 ILB slots.

#18 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Time to make our statement to the whole league that we are super bowl bound. It doesn't matter what the record is come playoffs, everyone starts fresh.

#19 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

I know ... love hearing how we were "exposed" (as if the team were a fraud) in the past 2 weeks ... we have a special teamer and now a practice squad guy patrolling the short middle of the field and that is where both PIT and WAS hurt us. Lets see teams do that with a healthy group of McClain, Lewis and Ellerbe rotating in those 2 ILB slots.

Agreed, but at the same time Pees should have switched to Man coverage instead of getting picked apart with Cover 2 the whole time. Dont even get me started with the rushing 3 in the 2 point conv. lost my freaking voice with that play. Saw it a mile away.

#20 PeRK82

PeRK82

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Wow - I can't believe it took this long to see my first Burfict comment. Perhaps other have already posted, but this is the first I've seen.

Flacco is no Eli, in that he's not won 2 super bowls. Flacco can look the equal of Eli but has not had the consistency. That's what we're all praying for ... consistency.

We have more injuries than the Giants had last year ... at least right now. There is nothing saying we can't have all these LBs back before the post-season. That is - unless we act desperate to win any of these final games and roll guys out there before they are ready. Then, we may lose them for the rest of the year. THAT would be a mistake.

Don't worry, i was dumbfounded when he wasnt draft and the RAVENS still didn't go after him. R.Lewis , i think is coming back too earlier but he is pretty much being forced to because we have NO LBERS at all now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users