Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/14: What Will Broncos-Ravens Say About Playoffs?

47 posts in this topic

Few predict Ravens upset. Manning vs. … Bynes? Realistic for Lewis to play? Ngata not fined.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1214-What-Will-Broncos-Ravens-Say-About-Playoffs/ed3ed0d4-0d2e-4d58-b8c6-a51555c32f62]View the full article[/url]

If Ngata gets fined for that hit they should just fine every football player who hurts someones feelings

It's so rude to tackle people, just hug them until they decide to stop fighting!

If we can beat the Broncos on Sunday with our backup players, I will be very impressed because they are on a serious roll and Peyton is playing just as well as before his neck surgery. Go Ravens!

A win this week is unlikely but that is when a team sometimes rises up through adversity and wins defying the odds makers and predictions, you remember like the heart of a champion Steelers did for Batch when Big Ben was out. T-Sizzle-Lewis out-Reed hurt the scenario is set let's see what happens. Ravens 23 Broncos 17. in a OT thriller.

It would appear that many have lost faith in the Ravens, I haven't. I still believe in them...always have, always will.

GO RAVENS!

Cody Yocca your a class act. more of your steeler fans sahould practice what you do and stop acting like they are going to die or the earth is going to end if they lose a game. True sportsmanship.

Denver has won eight games in a row. they are not easy to beat but they will be beaten and the main reason is that 12th man,I have said it be fore and I will say it again our D. is beat up but they will play hard our offense will win the game for us. two score win would mack my day win by 10 or 14 that will impress me and a whole lot of you. Go Ravens.

A win seems unlikely, just the way PIT and WAS wins seemed unlikely.
DEN is on a win streak, BAL has lost 2 in a row. Streaks always turn at some point.
Do you really think the Ravens will lose 3 in a row? I actually think the odds are in our favor.

I think this is going to be our statement game. We will prove to everyone that we can hang with the best of the NFL, including the Pats and Texans. Look out for Ed Reed because he's going to make the game changing plays.

Cam Cameron is gone...just feels good to be able to write that.... GO RAVENS!

I will be in attendance at the game on Sunday, so I fully expect a win, knowing that its seriously crunch time for everyone on the team. Let's beat Peyton Manning here at home and roll out.

even though a win would be miraculous, i still hope j-tuck is getting ready to kick a game winner because this might be a close one

Just don't knock out Manning! We can beat him, but we are likely to lose to his back-up!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavens!!!

Big win for the good guys coming up on Sunday - all these "experts" can eat crow on Monday morning.

This game poses a real dilemma. After having lost 2 in a row, we are very eager to get on a winning track. However, winning with BA and Bynes in the middle is simply a long shot. There is a real desire to get Lewis, Suggs and Ellerbe on the field for this game, so we can feel as if we are righting the ship.

However, we have to realize that we are going to the playoffs - that's a virtual guarantee. Putting these guys on the field before they are ready just to win this game - at the risk of losing them for the post-season when we REALLY need them, must be resisted.

I am dying to see us win - dying to see us defeat the great Peyton ... dying to shut these analysts up who are claiming we're now exposed as a mediocre team ... but these guys cannot take the field if they are not ready. We just have to realize that, if they don't, we probably don't win. We have to be mentally prepared for that outcome and not let ourselves believe the sky is falling. We just need to understand that, for us to go anywhere in the post-season, we need our defense to get healthy.

"Joe Flacco acknowledges that he has to stop fumbling."

Why even post that? It's like stating: "Joe Flacco acknowledges that breathing air and drinking water are necessary for survival."

Good I like being the under dawg, its supposed to be cold and rainy this weekend. perfect for ravens football.

lets get some horse meat this weekend

The closer we get to this game the more I wish we played the Broncos in week 2 and play Philadelphia this Sunday. Our defense is banged up-- and that is an understatement, and the offense needs somewhat of a test-run game with Caldwell before we can say we've worked the kinks out. All that being said, I think the onus is on Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Vonta Leach, Torrey Smith, Dennis Pitta... (what a loaded offense) to carry this team especially this week and the next. These guys should make a personal vow to catch every "catchable" ball thrown their way. Forget about YAC until you have secured the ball; do not, I mean do not, fumble the ball or allow a strip. When there is a defender around you, hold that ball high and tight and when in doubt use two hands. Flacco, I'm not too concerned about interceptions (except those where there is no receiver in the zip code where the ball was thrown), give your playmakers chances to make plays on the ball; rip it, let it go just as the guy is about to break. You need to start throwing guys open rather than waiting for them to get open... and then throwing the ball.

There may be other things we may need to pull this one out like a sprinkle of luck, but if the offense balls out we will win this ball game. It is that simple... or is it?

[quote name='Dumbo of Rome' timestamp='1355498255' post='1260787']
Just don't knock out Manning! We can beat him, but we are likely to lose to his back-up!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavens!!!
[/quote] haha...nice

If we can not beat playoff tems at home.... it dont make our chances in the playoffs (possibly on the road look good) but it really is less about winning this game and more about how we play!

I want to win this as bad as anyone but if we play great on both sides of the ball and ST... that means we may find some consistency at the right time of the year!

A blow out loss would be a bad sign... but anything else just means we can compete with anyone... time to peak!

The game doesn't matter to the Broncos, they have the Browns and the Cheifs for their last to games so even if they win or lose they have the #3 seed sewed up, they just have to win their last two games, which is a give me. This game means more to the Ravens if anything, we already know the Broncos can score with any team, they lost games earlier in the season which is expected, Peyton was out a year so he was off his game a little bit but now he's rolling and a candidate for MVP. We know what we're going to get out of Peyton week in and week out. The biggest challenge for them this year was the Texans and Patriots, but that was at the beginning of the season. I don't think the Ravens have the pieces on defense to stop Peyton Manning and we don't know which Flacco will show up Sunday with the #4 rank defense coming to town

I worry about bynes calling plays we did great against the redskins until mcclain went down Bynes hasn't even played in a full season . blown coverages lost the last game. I had hoped that ray lewis ellerbe, suggs someone would be back . still hopeful go ravens.

A win against Peyton and the Broncos would be a tremendous lift for the confidence of the guys who have been pressed into "Next Man Up" on Defense!

Winning with a great Offensive game plan and execution would ice the AFC-NORTH celebratory cake!

Get ready, Justin! This may prove the biggest game of your young career!

I think we are going to find a way to win . i think denver media is scared and setting up an excuse for when they lose sunday . who doesn't want a first round bye ....... they r playing for just as much as we are .the weather is going to be ugly sunday and we need to make as much noise as possible . manning tells his own fans to shut up ,,,,,he can't shut us up .

This is the most banged up team I recall in recent Ravens history. Sometimes the football gods are on your side, other times they are not. I hope I'm not going to be cursing Lee Evans for a long time!!!

[quote name='crabby' timestamp='1355497878' post='1260778']
A win seems unlikely, just the way PIT and WAS wins seemed unlikely.
DEN is on a win streak, BAL has lost 2 in a row. Streaks always turn at some point.
Do you really think the Ravens will lose 3 in a row? I actually think the odds are in our favor.
[/quote]

Welllllllll....odds were in our favor having won 15 games at home, odds were in our favor playing a 3rd string QB at home with said home winning record...and we lost...

Odds were in our favor having been undefeated against the Redskins and they were definitely in our favor when their 4th round rookie was put in the game...and we lost...

And up unto these last 2 games we had not lost 2 in a row under Harbs - so with the way things have been going lately the odds actually are against us...

[quote name='propjoe' timestamp='1355502087' post='1260830']
This is the most banged up team I recall in recent Ravens history. Sometimes the football gods are on your side, other times they are not. I hope I'm not going to be cursing Lee Evans for a long time!!!
[/quote]

I agree - but we still have a chance to get healthy and be a dangerous team in the post-season. That was the point of my earlier post. We have to resist temptation to rush guys out there to win this game, at the expense of having them in the post-season. We won't go far, or anywhere, in the post-season with our current group of LBs.

I want to see those guys out on the field this week ... ONLY if they are truly ready and aren't at a higher level of risk for re-injury. We don't need Lewis (or Suggs, or Ellerbe) going back to "square one" from a healing standpoint.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1355502440' post='1260838']
I agree - but we still have a chance to get healthy and be a dangerous team in the post-season. That was the point of my earlier post. We have to resist temptation to rush guys out there to win this game, at the expense of having them in the post-season. We won't go far, or anywhere, in the post-season with our current group of LBs.

I want to see those guys out on the field this week ... ONLY if they are truly ready and aren't at a higher level of risk for re-injury. We don't need Lewis (or Suggs, or Ellerbe) going back to "square one" from a healing standpoint.
[/quote]

Thank you. Finally a person that understands that the NFL is 16 games and once the playoffs start anything can happen.

Denver beat the Steelers (week one), Oakland (2X), Chargers (2X), Saints, Bengals, Panthers, KC, and Tampa Bay! They lost to Atlanta, Texans, and Patriots! A lot of those games were close too! What powerhouse have they beaten? NONE! Yet they are looked on as unbeatable because of Manning. Rubbish. Yes the Ravens are not a powerhouse now with so many injuries to the defense but CMON Man, this game should be close and Tucker should win it with a field goal. My game plan, hit Payton on every play possible! GO RAVENS!

If a win is unlikely this week that should mean no top dollar for our QB, if we feel Manning is an automatic win then what does that say about Flacco?

Flacco go kick some "profanity deleted" man, bring hope to a hurting defense and a talent filled offense. Caldwell, make the kid show his genius side of the game.

For once in a long time we're an underdog...in our own house. I kind of like it. This team always performed better under pressure. Time to see what this squad's got.

I'm confused when people say Denver hasn't played anybody, they played the same teams we played, Steeler, Patriots, Texans, Bengals, Chargers, Chiefs, Oakland, Browns. With the exception of the NFC South and NFC East, What's the difference in the Broncos schedule and the Ravens?

The good thing about this contest is that we will learn if the Ravens are a pretender or a contender. This game will be played by the Ravens with a playoff atmosphere. Acually our last three games will be played at that level. Thus it will carry over into the post season with momentum building. We need these last three games. We need the momentum. Let's take care of business and bring home that trophey that we have been claiming all season!

''We will win this week against The Denver Broncos, and Joe Flacco will out played Peyton Manning.''The 49ers will upset the New England Patriots.''Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest problem right now is there's simply no way telling what to expect in the last three weeks of the regular season. We can win just as well as lose all 3 games - without saying either would be an utter surprise. What has happened was that a terrible OC has been replaced with a (OC-wise) totally unkonwn one. And that's why we simply cannot know what to expect.

The saddest part is that the D is so banged up that it's far ebyond the point of being a liability. We could have the world's best DC making the best decisions - still, this is just a way too risky D.

... and then we haven't even mentioned a Yanda-less O-line...

bio

[quote name='BrentWrightRavensFan' timestamp='1355508116' post='1260900']
''We will win this week against The Denver Broncos, and Joe Flacco will out played Peyton Manning.''The 49ers will upset the New England Patriots.''Go Ravens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Pretty please, tell us you're a time traveler coming back from Sunday night :D

bio

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I said it yesterday, I'll say it again...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The 3 teams (New England, Houston & Atlanta) that Denver has lost to, combined records of --> 32 - 7[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The 10 teams (Pittsburgh, Saints, Raiders (x2), Bengals, Panthers, Chargers (x2), Chiefs & Bucs) that Denver has beaten, combined record of --> 34 - 57[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Seems every time they hit a team with any playoff potential, they crumble. That will be the case again this week. On the road, going from the west to the east coast, in December and a banged up running game into The Bank?[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I think Denver is about to remember what a loss feels like.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]

We need to make Sunday a Blockbuster event for both Harbaughs. Let's not forget what happened when New England lost to an NFC West team, specifically the Arizona Cardinals.

If we can minimize Von Miller's impact we have a chance. if we let him do this thing, this will be ugly. Manning will get his team 30 points, we know that. its going to be that type of game. if we dont stop their pass rush though, it'll be a Texans like game instead of the Patriots type of game.

WIth Yanda injured, McKinnie should go to left tackle, Oher to right tackle and Osemele to his natural guard position. Don't leave Oher on the right any longer or we will lose Joe.

The bye would be nice to heal but teams in recent history have fared better playing through the bye instead of having a game break. I don't know if they get stale, get cocky or lose focus but we may be better playing through and not getting that bye, especially if we have a lot of young guys filling in on defense. Those extra rep may help those young guys.

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355510321' post='1260943']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I said it yesterday, I'll say it again...[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The 3 teams (New England, Houston & Atlanta) that Denver has lost to, combined records of --> 32 - 7[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]The 10 teams (Pittsburgh, Saints, Raiders (x2), Bengals, Panthers, Chargers (x2), Chiefs & Bucs) that Denver has beaten, combined record of --> 34 - 57[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Seems every time they hit a team with any playoff potential, they crumble. That will be the case again this week. On the road, going from the west to the east coast, in December and a banged up running game into The Bank?[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I think Denver is about to remember what a loss feels like.[/i][/font]

[/quote]
They are on the road against an average O and a peice of crap D, plus they have Von Miller, Elvis Dumervill, and Peyton Manning.
We are going on a late-season collapse.

[quote name='display name' timestamp='1355599534' post='1261512']
They are on the road against an average O and a peice of crap D, plus they have Von Miller, Elvis Dumervill, and Peyton Manning.
We are going on a late-season collapse.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Aren't you just a warm, ray of sunshine?[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355610958' post='1261666']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Aren't you just a warm, ray of sunshine?[/i][/font]

[/quote]
That's me!