Untitled Document
Preseason Schedule      Official Mobile App      @Ravens on Twitter      on Instagram   

Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/14: What Will Broncos-Ravens Say About Playoffs?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,262 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Few predict Ravens upset. Manning vs. … Bynes? Realistic for Lewis to play? Ngata not fined.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

If Ngata gets fined for that hit they should just fine every football player who hurts someones feelings

It's so rude to tackle people, just hug them until they decide to stop fighting!

#3 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,410 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

If we can beat the Broncos on Sunday with our backup players, I will be very impressed because they are on a serious roll and Peyton is playing just as well as before his neck surgery. Go Ravens!

#4 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

A win this week is unlikely but that is when a team sometimes rises up through adversity and wins defying the odds makers and predictions, you remember like the heart of a champion Steelers did for Batch when Big Ben was out. T-Sizzle-Lewis out-Reed hurt the scenario is set let's see what happens. Ravens 23 Broncos 17. in a OT thriller.

#5 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

It would appear that many have lost faith in the Ravens, I haven't. I still believe in them...always have, always will.

GO RAVENS!

#6 ravens92

ravens92

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Cody Yocca your a class act. more of your steeler fans sahould practice what you do and stop acting like they are going to die or the earth is going to end if they lose a game. True sportsmanship.

#7 Bernie Mc1953

Bernie Mc1953

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

Denver has won eight games in a row. they are not easy to beat but they will be beaten and the main reason is that 12th man,I have said it be fore and I will say it again our D. is beat up but they will play hard our offense will win the game for us. two score win would mack my day win by 10 or 14 that will impress me and a whole lot of you. Go Ravens.

#8 crabby

crabby

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

A win seems unlikely, just the way PIT and WAS wins seemed unlikely.
DEN is on a win streak, BAL has lost 2 in a row. Streaks always turn at some point.
Do you really think the Ravens will lose 3 in a row? I actually think the odds are in our favor.

#9 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

I think this is going to be our statement game. We will prove to everyone that we can hang with the best of the NFL, including the Pats and Texans. Look out for Ed Reed because he's going to make the game changing plays.

#10 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Cam Cameron is gone...just feels good to be able to write that.... GO RAVENS!

#11 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I will be in attendance at the game on Sunday, so I fully expect a win, knowing that its seriously crunch time for everyone on the team. Let's beat Peyton Manning here at home and roll out.

#12 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

even though a win would be miraculous, i still hope j-tuck is getting ready to kick a game winner because this might be a close one

#13 Dumbo of Rome

Dumbo of Rome

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Just don't knock out Manning! We can beat him, but we are likely to lose to his back-up!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavens!!!

#14 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

Big win for the good guys coming up on Sunday - all these "experts" can eat crow on Monday morning.

#15 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,392 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

This game poses a real dilemma. After having lost 2 in a row, we are very eager to get on a winning track. However, winning with BA and Bynes in the middle is simply a long shot. There is a real desire to get Lewis, Suggs and Ellerbe on the field for this game, so we can feel as if we are righting the ship.

However, we have to realize that we are going to the playoffs - that's a virtual guarantee. Putting these guys on the field before they are ready just to win this game - at the risk of losing them for the post-season when we REALLY need them, must be resisted.

I am dying to see us win - dying to see us defeat the great Peyton ... dying to shut these analysts up who are claiming we're now exposed as a mediocre team ... but these guys cannot take the field if they are not ready. We just have to realize that, if they don't, we probably don't win. We have to be mentally prepared for that outcome and not let ourselves believe the sky is falling. We just need to understand that, for us to go anywhere in the post-season, we need our defense to get healthy.

Edited by balfan23, 14 December 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#16 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

"Joe Flacco acknowledges that he has to stop fumbling."

Why even post that? It's like stating: "Joe Flacco acknowledges that breathing air and drinking water are necessary for survival."

#17 MDpgRaven

MDpgRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

Good I like being the under dawg, its supposed to be cold and rainy this weekend. perfect for ravens football.

lets get some horse meat this weekend

#18 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

The closer we get to this game the more I wish we played the Broncos in week 2 and play Philadelphia this Sunday. Our defense is banged up-- and that is an understatement, and the offense needs somewhat of a test-run game with Caldwell before we can say we've worked the kinks out. All that being said, I think the onus is on Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Vonta Leach, Torrey Smith, Dennis Pitta... (what a loaded offense) to carry this team especially this week and the next. These guys should make a personal vow to catch every "catchable" ball thrown their way. Forget about YAC until you have secured the ball; do not, I mean do not, fumble the ball or allow a strip. When there is a defender around you, hold that ball high and tight and when in doubt use two hands. Flacco, I'm not too concerned about interceptions (except those where there is no receiver in the zip code where the ball was thrown), give your playmakers chances to make plays on the ball; rip it, let it go just as the guy is about to break. You need to start throwing guys open rather than waiting for them to get open... and then throwing the ball.

There may be other things we may need to pull this one out like a sprinkle of luck, but if the offense balls out we will win this ball game. It is that simple... or is it?

#19 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Just don't knock out Manning! We can beat him, but we are likely to lose to his back-up!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavens!!!

haha...nice

#20 steelcityraven

steelcityraven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

If we can not beat playoff tems at home.... it dont make our chances in the playoffs (possibly on the road look good) but it really is less about winning this game and more about how we play!

I want to win this as bad as anyone but if we play great on both sides of the ball and ST... that means we may find some consistency at the right time of the year!

A blow out loss would be a bad sign... but anything else just means we can compete with anyone... time to peak!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users