Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jim Caldwell Confident In His Play Calling

67 posts in this topic

Jim Caldwell plans to be in the booth, and does have some college experience.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jim-Caldwell-Confident-In-His-Play-Calling/8eca96fc-12fc-4263-a7b2-7e56a43570e7]View the full article[/url]

Im not speaking for the entire RavensNation but, I have total confidence in him. And I hope things go well on all (3) phases this sunday

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1355434441' post='1260436']
Like I said, Pags had ZERO experience last season, and everyone knows how that turned out.
[/quote]

Good point Ravenslifer.

[quote name='Ravenslifer' timestamp='1355434441' post='1260436']
Like I said, Pags had ZERO experience last season, and everyone knows how that turned out.
[/quote]
Good point!!! I have faith.

[quote name='CxM_27' timestamp='1355433427' post='1260422']
Im not speaking for the entire RavensNation but, I have total confidence in him. And I hope things go well on all (3) phases this sunday
[/quote]Agreed.

This is the change so many have been asking for. It's finally here. Let's sit back and watch and be patient. I'm for giving this man a fair chance at moving things forward both on the field and talent-wise.

[quote name='Kamui (Pron. Cam ~ We )' timestamp='1355433631' post='1260423']
We forget that Jim was the head coach of the Colts when they almost went undefeated and lead them to the Super Bowl. He only had one losing season in Indie. The man can coach.
[/quote] But dont u think that had a lot to do with Peyton Manning? The losing season kind of looked like he couldn't win without Peyton.
I'm still rooting for him though!

[i]I don't know about anyone else, but his press interview was very refreshing from the standpoint of it being upbeat and energetic. He actually answered the questions as verses alot of coach speak. Imo, he inspires confidence and I like what I am hearing so far! [/i]

6 out of 7 Sun reporters pick the Ravens to lose this Sunday which is great ! They're wrong just about 99% of the time on everything they write.

Thank you Sun Staff, you all but guaranteed us a win !

"OMG"! I was wondering about that! This is why Ive been patient, no gripes except for the robbery in philly! The Ravens would be 10-3 and have the division locked up! But, it must be nice to get the Baltimore Ravens Offense with SO many weapons at your disposal! This can ease some pressure off the Defense and the Ravens Offense can take up some of the slack now! The Defense deserves it!

this is gonna be a fun game to watch if your not a Ravens or Broncos fan because were gonna be screaming at the TV play some defense I expect a big game from both offenses

[quote name='luvrayrice27' timestamp='1355437915' post='1260474']
But dont u think that had a lot to do with Peyton Manning? The losing season kind of looked like he couldn't win without Peyton.
I'm still rooting for him though!
[/quote]

The QB he had starting for his team wasn't even good enough to make it on to our practice sqaud. I don't think any team in the NFL would have done good with Painter as their starting QB.

Hope our o line have a good day we have miller and dumerville in town omg premire pass rushers but 1 way to neutralize good pass rushers with speed ogden done it the best is to demand the run it to his side and just bury his man too the ground then 3rd 4th quater open the pass up run that ball keep those pass rusher on there back

I hope that we start running Torrey Smith on more quick slant routes. He can turn them into a HUGE gain. Rather take that then overthrown deep balls. Other then that... WHO ELSE IS EXCITED FOR CALDWELL!?!?!

Broncos started week 1 at mile-high and beat a (winded, I'm sure) Steelers team.....weeks 2 and 3 Broncos lose to a couple of real teams. Week 4, they beat the Raiders. Week 4, loss on the road to the Patriots (we beat). Week 6, they beat the Chargers then get a bye after a pretty poor run. That's when the mighty Broncos "turn it on" and begin a tear thru (pay attention), the Bungles, the Panthers, the Chargers, the Chiefs, the Bucs, and the Raiders (again)...that run hits a brick wall this Sunday...their schedule was nothing compared to ours this year....Broncos beat the Ravens? Ngata chance.....O-LINE.....please hang tough in the second half....

"...And I don't have to do it alone."

That's it in a nutshell! Jim Caldwell, unlike his predecessor, can listen and is open to others' ideas and suggestions! Plus, he has a staff of capable people and is willing to take input!

We won't actually see his stamp until 2013 but I feel better going into Sunday's game!

I have a feeling Caldwell was going to be the OC anyways...it just happened a littler sooner than expected.

I hope he does well. I think he'll do good. They just need to keep it simple, and let the guys do what they do best.

Oh, and a little more of "hey diddle, diddle, Ray Rice up the middle" can't hurt either. ;)

[quote name='CQ1' timestamp='1355440950' post='1260511']
Good luck, Jim. I am confident in you- as well.
Remember- Joe is NO Peyton.
[/quote]

Well, I guess he's got to know Joe in five months :D

bio

[quote name='bigdaddycompton' timestamp='1355439619' post='1260498']
The QB he had starting for his team wasn't even good enough to make it on to our practice sqaud. I don't think any team in the NFL would have done good with Painter as their starting QB.
[/quote]

In fact, Painter was much better in the pre-season as we've thought he would, IMHO. Not a starting QB, for sure... But he had quite a few great throws. He was definitely a positive surprise for me.

bio