535 replies to this topic

#1 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Week 15 is here and for those of you who hate Thursday Night Football, this is it. Tonight is the Season Finale of Thursday Night Football as the Bengals look to continue their playoff push on the Road in Philadelphia who looks to spoil the Bengals' playoff chances. Nick Foles led the Eagles to a last second victory over the Buccaneers last week, and now has a chance to knock off the Bengals as Andy Reid looks to save his job while Foles is trying to show he can be a Franchise Quarterback.

There are six teams who can either clinch a playoff spot, division or home field advantage at the end of Week 15. Last week, the results of the 1PM games eliminated all clinching scenarios but this week we should see some teams clinching.

Key Games (Playoffs):

Giants @ Falcons: Atlanta can clinch Home Field and a First Round Bye with a win and other teams losing. The Giants can't clinch anything but a loss could hurt them in winning the NFC East with Dallas and Washington breathing down their neck. Atlanta can not afford another loss if they want Home Field and a Bye.

Packers @ Bears: Boy how the mighty have fallen. Earlier in the season, everyone couldn't help but compare the Bears defense to great defenses of the past. Now the Packers have a shot to wrap up the division with a season sweep of the Bears on Sunday. If the Packers win, they clinch the NFC North and drop the Bears from a Bye to a Wild Card. If the Bears win they will only tie the H2H and won't be able to clinch the North until later.

Colts @ Texans: Quite simply put, Texans can clinch the AFC South with a win over the Colts while a Patriots and Denver loss gives with a win over Indy gives them a first round bye. The Colts meanwhile can keep the division race alive by upsetting the Texans on Sunday and can virtually guarantee themselves a playoff spot with a win and other teams losing.

Steelers @ Cowboys: A win by the Ravens would lock up the AFC North regardless what happens with Cincy and Pittsburgh. For the Cowboys a win would mean staying in the hunt for the NFC East and a Wild card spot.

49ers @ Patriots: The 49ers can wrap up the NFC West one week before the big showdown with the Seahawks in Week 16 with a win and Seahawks loss to the Bill. 49ers can clinch a playoff berth this week, and hope the Bills beat the Seahawks to take less pressure off next week's game.

Battle for the # 1 Pick in the 2013 Draft:

Jaguars vs Dolphins: Jaguars and Chiefs have two wins a piece, but a win by the Jaguars would get them to three wins tying Oakland and Philly who also have three wins.

Chiefs vs Raiders: If the Chiefs are able to beat the Raiders, it would drop the Raiders to 3-11 and improve the Chiefs to 3-11 potentially giving KC the tiebreaker over Oakland and if the Jaguars go to 3-11, it would really shake up the # 1 Pick Battle with three weeks left.

#2 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

The Ravens can clinch the AFC North with a win against the Broncos? That will make Jim Caldwell's debut as OC all the more exciting. Defensively, I don't know if I'm more concerned with their passing game or Knowshon Moreno.

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

Ray Guy to the NFL Hall of Fame

#3 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

eagles tonight and cowgirls on sunday, colts at texans for the fun of it and 9ers at pats to keep everybody guessing, the pack always beats the bear, fish and black

#4 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,446 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Lets go Eagles!!

Rooting for them hard tonight, fantasy playoff implications. ;)

2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#5 SpiderWebb21

SpiderWebb21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Eagles. :toilet:

#6 luvrayrice27

luvrayrice27

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

hope the eagles can make this game interesting

#7 Moderator 3

Moderator 3

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,076 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

hope the eagles can make this game interesting

I think Foles is trying to make a game of it.
10wmids.jpg

#8 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

Nice defensive strip!

#9 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

The defensive line of the Eagles is beasting tonight.

#10 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dalton has never impressed me. He's like Stafford, without his #1 receiver he's a nothing.

#11 Gordo52

Gordo52

52 G.O.A.T.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,446 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Why couldn't we just draft Burfict in the 7th?
2dc45a6e-0473-4d16-b247-f9f9608f28d3_zps

#12 Fred Sanford

Fred Sanford

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

We could both use Ricky Brown, who was the initiator of most of Omar Brown's turnovers in the preseason by tipping and stripping the ball, and later stashed on IR, and Burfict right now.

Vontaze, unlike many "problem players" seems to have grown up very fast and is a tackling machine out there for the Bengals. Either one would probably be better than most or any linebacker we can put out there right now.
Posted Image

#13 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Is the Eagles offense this bad even with Vick?

#14 ratedr

ratedr

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,506 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Well this game got out of hand fast.

#15 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

The Eagles are laughable. hahaha. 4 turnovers in the span of a few minutes i believe?

Edited by bauer77, 13 December 2012 - 11:26 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#16 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

not that i expected it from the Eagles but the Ravens can't seem to get any help from other teams. damn! see Ravens...this is why you have to FINISH TEAMS when you get up on them cause you can't count on any other teams to help you out! handle your business on Sunday! beat the broncos!

~Mili

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#17 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

not that i expected it from the Eagles but the Ravens can't seem to get any help from other teams. damn! see Ravens...this is why you have to FINISH TEAMS when you get up on them cause you can't count on any other teams to help you out! handle your business on Sunday! beat the broncos!

~Mili

You do know the Ravens clinch the North with a win no matter what Cincy or Pittsburgh does right? So it's no big deal that Cincy is winning tonight.

#18 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,764 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:45 PM

You do know the Ravens clinch the North with a win no matter what Cincy or Pittsburgh does right? So it's no big deal that Cincy is winning tonight.

of course i know that! but the 3 words in bold above says it all! they clinch....with a win! that is why i said in my post that you quoted for the Ravens to handle their "own" business by beating the broncos.

~Mili

Edited by Militant X 1, 13 December 2012 - 11:48 PM.

Militant X 1

RayLewisSig1_zps3a0863e0.png

"I May be Done but I'm not Gone!"

- Ray Lewis

#19 JO_75

JO_75

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,289 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:03 AM

I have Colts over Texans as my upset Pick of the Week.

#20 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,350 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I have Colts over Texans as my upset Pick of the Week.

A ticked off Texans team that was just embarrassed on national television? I don't think so. The Colts record is inflated because the AFC South sucks. They're an average football team.

Nick Foles did not grade out well as a QB for a reason. Last week was a fluke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users