Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gashman

Could not playing McKinney cost us big?

89 posts in this topic

Not sure what the deal with not playing McKinney is, but now that Yanda is hurt, will Harbs relent and play him?

In my opinion, it's the same stubbornness Cam has had with not using the middle in passing plays. Maybe this thread should say, has being a hard donkey cost us big this year?

[quote name='terpsnation' timestamp='1355422988' post='1260242']
First step: Learning how to spell his name correctly.
[/quote]

Haha this is my biggest pet peeve. I've seen countless people try to act like they know everything about the team, yet butcher names.

It already has friend. Both turn overs last week led to points and the pressure came from the left side like always. If not for those 2 turn overs we would have had an extra 6 points but not in Harbaughs world. Keeping Mckinnie on the sidelines is more important then the pressure and possibly Flacco getting lit up bad from the blind side.

Why would McKinnie play if Yanda is hurt? they play different positions. McKinnie is just tackle depth, inserting him into the starting lineup means Oher and Osemele would have to switch sides and in KO's case, position as well.

If Yanda is out then Bobbie WIlliams is probably going to take his spot this week.

If I'm the Ravens, I would put McKinnie at TE and just keep him in to block at all times. None of out TEs can provide any kind of blocking, so why not try to give Flacco a little more time with his massive frame?!? It would help the run and the pass...

McKinney is great if he is in good shape and mentally game-prepared. Right now, our only chance on the blind side is Oher until the 2013 draft.

The only guy I think to replace Yanda is Reid......

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1355423087' post='1260245']
Haha this is my biggest pet peeve. I've seen countless people try to act like they know everything about the team, yet butcher names.
[/quote]

i tri 2 judg peepoll by teh qualidy of they're postss, nt teh acarici of ther spelinn.

McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable. I'm not sold on him being the answer, but then again Oher is not the answer either. For this season, I think it's to the point where we've made the bed and now we have to lay in it.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1355427689' post='1260312']
i tri 2 judg peepoll by teh qualidy of they're postss, nt teh acarici of ther spelinn.

McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable. I'm not sold on him being the answer, but then again Oher is not the answer either. For this season, I think it's to the point where we've made the bed and now we have to lay in it.
[/quote]

Haha I give this one a pass, that post just brought up memories of people trying to prove a point and completely getting a name wrong. A popular one was Bryan McKinney, referring to Brandon McKinney before Bryant was even here.

I think the most popular guy on this team must be the backup LT, not the backup QB.

And let me tell you guys, McKinnie would not be that much of an upgrade. Run blocking would be WAY worse and pass blocking would only be a tad better.

Oher is the best option right now.

[quote name='The Raven' timestamp='1355429648' post='1260354']
[b]I think the most popular guy on this team must be the backup LT, not the backup QB.[/b]

And let me tell you guys, McKinnie would not be that much of an upgrade. Run blocking would be WAY worse and pass blocking would only be a tad better.

Oher is the best option right now.
[/quote]

I'm not so sure, there's a lot of Flacco hate too. They're probably about even.

I don't know if the run blocking would be that much worse, we seem to run strong side more often than not which is KO's side. You can scheme around that. Still, I agree that Oher is the best option. McKinnie was not very good last season and he's been flat out bad in limited reps this season.

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1355428629' post='1260329']

Haha I give this one a pass, that post just brought up memories of people trying to prove a point and completely getting a name wrong. A popular one was Bryan McKinney, referring to Brandon McKinney before Bryant was even here.
[/quote]

My personal favorite is Anquan Bolden.

I'm not sure where the idea came from that McKinnie is some kind of elite LT. If he was the best option, he would be playing LT. It's that simple. He wasnt particularly effective last year and there is no reason to assume he is any better now.

Harewood did great as a run blocker on the left side, so I wouldn't be opposed to him playing RG. He outshined BW in run blocking this year.

NO to McKinnie. We need to run the ball early this week, and he's noticeably worse at run blocking than Oher.

[quote name='T3hRaven' timestamp='1355427689' post='1260312']

[size=6][b]McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable.[/b][/size]
[/quote]

/all threads about McKinnie

[quote name='RavensAllTheWay' timestamp='1355432678' post='1260412']
Harewood did great as a run blocker on the left side, so I wouldn't be opposed to him playing RG. He outshined BW in run blocking this year.

NO to McKinnie. We need to run the ball early this week, and he's noticeably worse at run blocking than Oher.
[/quote]

this. i'd rather harewood come in than switch everyone around. he was pretty good anyway early on.

[quote name='Latch' timestamp='1355430127' post='1260367']
My personal favorite is Anquan Bolden.
[/quote]

Ed Dixon...

McKinnie showed up late and out of shape. I do not undersand this McKinnie love to be truthful. Isn't this the guy that Ed and Ray took under their wing to help him work out and get in shape? Then he pissed it away? Oher has had an awful moment or two (coming at the worst possible times) but he has not been terrible at all. While I would like us to get a real LT and move Oher to RT, for this season he has not been horrible enough to warrant putting McKinnie "I'll never be thinnie" and his lazy attitude in the line up.

The time for humility is now.

Sorry about the misspell, sorry thats all you got out of this post.

I am more concerned at this point about this team coming together without any more division from the top down. We have as good a chance as anybody now, and I want the coaching staff to get this O line solid before playoffs. McKINNIE can help us. Put him at LT, Oher back to Rt and stop FOOLING AROUND!

Yea, what a shame we started that scrub Ray Rice over the out-of-shape McGahee...

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1355443526' post='1260532']
Once you're in the "Dog House " there's no escape ask Todd Heap and Willis Mcgahee.
[/quote]

I saw Al Davis' Dog House last night concerning Marcus Allen, who lost there?

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1355443101' post='1260530']
The time for humility is now.

Sorry about the misspell, sorry thats all you got out of this post.

I am more concerned at this point about this team coming together without any more division from the top down. We have as good a chance as anybody now, and I want the coaching staff to get this O line solid before playoffs. McKINNIE can help us. Put him at LT, Oher back to Rt and stop FOOLING AROUND!
[/quote]

How much did he help us last year?

Answer: Not very much!

The only reason he played LT last year is because we had nobody reliable to put at RT other than Oher.

[quote name='PurpleCityLights' timestamp='1355443526' post='1260532']
Once you're in the "Dog House " there's no escape ask Todd Heap and Willis Mcgahee.
[/quote]

Heap? Dog house? What?

Craziness.

McKinney isn't getting burn on his new team cause he's not that good. He just takes up space. No push and doesn't really get off his blocks.

[quote name='Gashman' timestamp='1355421495' post='1260217']
Not sure what the deal with not playing McKinney is, but now that Yanda is hurt, will Harbs relent and play him?

In my opinion, it's the same stubbornness Cam has had with not using the middle in passing plays. Maybe this thread should say, has being a hard donkey cost us big this year?
[/quote]

Guys, Brandon McKinney is no longer on the team. It's Bryant McKinnie

McKinnie probably quit on the team after the Ravens nickel and dimed him. Money-grabbed him back to limit his snaps. I would've slacked off (even moreso) just in spite. If the Ravens were playing to potential, they should've just went with this.

Osemele/Harewood/Birk/Yanda/Oher

or

McKinnie/Osemele/Birk/Yanda/Oher

KO even stated he felt natural playing at the guard position anyway. That opening day unit wasn't too shabby either. But time changes and folks get exposed. Just goes back to coaching not putting us in the best positions to succeed. Happened when Ellerbe was in the doghouse a few years ago. But none of this matters. Just find a way into the playoffs and the season then begins.

I am certainly of the opinion that McKinnie should be at Left Tackle. Oher back on the right.

We almost went to the superbowl last season with that line. We drafted Osemele to replace Grubbs and what did we do? We muffed it all up. The line has been a major issue this season and now with Yanda down, it is only worse.

It just doesn't make any sense. How do you start a guy for 16 regular season games and 2 playoff games-almost making it to the superbowl- and completely muff it up? I just don't get it.

The LG carousel has been nothing short of a nightmare. Harewood / Williams / Reid? Are you kidding me? Just obsurd. You say the best players are on the field and that is what you decide? Not one of those three men can hold the spot?

I don't buy it.

[quote name='Twistidfunk' timestamp='1355492832' post='1260735']
I am certainly of the opinion that McKinnie should be at Left Tackle. Oher back on the right.

We almost went to the superbowl last season with that line. We drafted Osemele to replace Grubbs and what did we do? We muffed it all up. The line has been a major issue this season and now with Yanda down, it is only worse.

It just doesn't make any sense. How do you start a guy for 16 regular season games and 2 playoff games-almost making it to the superbowl- and completely muff it up? I just don't get it.

The LG carousel has been nothing short of a nightmare. Harewood / Williams / Reid? Are you kidding me? Just obsurd. You say the best players are on the field and that is what you decide? Not one of those three men can hold the spot?

I don't buy it.
[/quote]

The only reason McKinnie played LT last year was because we had nobody else to put at RT.