Ravens Schedule Coming Today!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule today at 8:00 pm ET. More Info ยป
Close

Photo

Could not playing McKinney cost us big?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Not sure what the deal with not playing McKinney is, but now that Yanda is hurt, will Harbs relent and play him?

In my opinion, it's the same stubbornness Cam has had with not using the middle in passing plays. Maybe this thread should say, has being a hard donkey cost us big this year?

Edited by Gashman, 13 December 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#2 pep_meister

pep_meister

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

wasn't this already posted?
#RAVENSNATION

IF YOU WANNA WIN PUT DEONTE THOMPSON IN!

#3 BloodRaven

BloodRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,168 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

Why would McKinnie play if Yanda is hurt? they play different positions. McKinnie is just tackle depth, inserting him into the starting lineup means Oher and Osemele would have to switch sides and in KO's case, position as well.

If Yanda is out then Bobbie WIlliams is probably going to take his spot this week.

#4 A Fish Called Yanda

A Fish Called Yanda

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,492 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

First step: Learning how to spell his name correctly.

#5 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

First step: Learning how to spell his name correctly.

Haha this is my biggest pet peeve. I've seen countless people try to act like they know everything about the team, yet butcher names.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#6 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

It already has friend. Both turn overs last week led to points and the pressure came from the left side like always. If not for those 2 turn overs we would have had an extra 6 points but not in Harbaughs world. Keeping Mckinnie on the sidelines is more important then the pressure and possibly Flacco getting lit up bad from the blind side.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#7 bMore Heathen

bMore Heathen

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

If I'm the Ravens, I would put McKinnie at TE and just keep him in to block at all times. None of out TEs can provide any kind of blocking, so why not try to give Flacco a little more time with his massive frame?!? It would help the run and the pass...

Edited by bMore Heathen, 13 December 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#8 AsianRice

AsianRice

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

McKinney is great if he is in good shape and mentally game-prepared. Right now, our only chance on the blind side is Oher until the 2013 draft.

The only guy I think to replace Yanda is Reid......
2013 WORLD CHAMPION

#9 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Haha this is my biggest pet peeve. I've seen countless people try to act like they know everything about the team, yet butcher names.

i tri 2 judg peepoll by teh qualidy of they're postss, nt teh acarici of ther spelinn.

McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable. I'm not sold on him being the answer, but then again Oher is not the answer either. For this season, I think it's to the point where we've made the bed and now we have to lay in it.

#10 rmw10

rmw10

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,044 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

i tri 2 judg peepoll by teh qualidy of they're postss, nt teh acarici of ther spelinn.

McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable. I'm not sold on him being the answer, but then again Oher is not the answer either. For this season, I think it's to the point where we've made the bed and now we have to lay in it.

Haha I give this one a pass, that post just brought up memories of people trying to prove a point and completely getting a name wrong. A popular one was Bryan McKinney, referring to Brandon McKinney before Bryant was even here.

2013 BR.COM CLEVELAND BROWNS GM

#11 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

I think the most popular guy on this team must be the backup LT, not the backup QB.

And let me tell you guys, McKinnie would not be that much of an upgrade. Run blocking would be WAY worse and pass blocking would only be a tad better.

Oher is the best option right now.

#12 T3hRaven

T3hRaven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,377 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

I think the most popular guy on this team must be the backup LT, not the backup QB.

And let me tell you guys, McKinnie would not be that much of an upgrade. Run blocking would be WAY worse and pass blocking would only be a tad better.

Oher is the best option right now.

I'm not so sure, there's a lot of Flacco hate too. They're probably about even.

I don't know if the run blocking would be that much worse, we seem to run strong side more often than not which is KO's side. You can scheme around that. Still, I agree that Oher is the best option. McKinnie was not very good last season and he's been flat out bad in limited reps this season.

#13 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

Haha I give this one a pass, that post just brought up memories of people trying to prove a point and completely getting a name wrong. A popular one was Bryan McKinney, referring to Brandon McKinney before Bryant was even here.

My personal favorite is Anquan Bolden.

#14 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,023 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

I'm not sure where the idea came from that McKinnie is some kind of elite LT. If he was the best option, he would be playing LT. It's that simple. He wasnt particularly effective last year and there is no reason to assume he is any better now.

Hop on board the Draft Odell Beckham JR Bandwagon! Taking all comers! 

#15 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Harewood did great as a run blocker on the left side, so I wouldn't be opposed to him playing RG. He outshined BW in run blocking this year.

NO to McKinnie. We need to run the ball early this week, and he's noticeably worse at run blocking than Oher.

#16 rlh445

rlh445

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

McKinnie's effort in the few times he's been placed in the games this season has been laughable.

/all threads about McKinnie

This is football, not teacups with the Queen.

#17 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Harewood did great as a run blocker on the left side, so I wouldn't be opposed to him playing RG. He outshined BW in run blocking this year.

NO to McKinnie. We need to run the ball early this week, and he's noticeably worse at run blocking than Oher.

this. i'd rather harewood come in than switch everyone around. he was pretty good anyway early on.
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#18 Bravens292

Bravens292

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

My personal favorite is Anquan Bolden.

Ed Dixon...
"Thats what white guys do when they're excited" - Joe Flacco

#19 ravensdfan

ravensdfan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

McKinnie showed up late and out of shape. I do not undersand this McKinnie love to be truthful. Isn't this the guy that Ed and Ray took under their wing to help him work out and get in shape? Then he pissed it away? Oher has had an awful moment or two (coming at the worst possible times) but he has not been terrible at all. While I would like us to get a real LT and move Oher to RT, for this season he has not been horrible enough to warrant putting McKinnie "I'll never be thinnie" and his lazy attitude in the line up.

The first testicular guard, the "Cup" was used in hockey in 1874. The first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took men 100 years to realize their brain was also important.

#20 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

The time for humility is now.

Sorry about the misspell, sorry thats all you got out of this post.

I am more concerned at this point about this team coming together without any more division from the top down. We have as good a chance as anybody now, and I want the coaching staff to get this O line solid before playoffs. McKINNIE can help us. Put him at LT, Oher back to Rt and stop FOOLING AROUND!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users