Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Peyton Manning: Ed Reed Is NFL's Best Safety

35 posts in this topic

Ed Reed has picked off Peyton Manning the past two times they faced each other.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Peyton-Manning-Ed-Reed-Is-NFLs-Best-Safety/a8fceac2-8d9e-4195-bbbf-e8a4b3d36247]View the full article[/url]

im going to rank the qbs.
1. peyton manning (i love that guy sorry lol)
2. tom brady
3. aaron rodgers
4. brees (you cant go wrong with the order of top 5)
5. big ben
6. schaub(when healthy)
7. eli
7. flacco
9. romo
10.rivers
10. matt stafford
12.andrew luck
13 matt ryan (i know this is low. i think he is good. however, with his weapons. ......MATT RYAN is in a system that i believe any of these qbs would love to be in.)
14. jay culter (i a big fan and i see the same problems but worst with teh oline its really sad)
14. rg3 (waiting to see how next year works out. first year guys of that style usually do well. vick, cam. next year teams will be better gameplanned for him)
15. dalton
16. cam newton
17. palmer
18. alex smith
19. vick
21. fits(bills guy)
21. sam (rams)
21. freemen
24. russel wilson
25. wedden
26. ponder
27. tannehill
31. kc qb, jac, ari,
32. jets qb

[quote name='mrpitts' timestamp='1355413646' post='1260081']
im going to rank the qbs.
1. peyton manning (i love that guy sorry lol)
2. tom brady
3. aaron rodgers
4. brees (you cant go wrong with the order of top 5)
5. big ben
6. schaub(when healthy)
7. eli
7. flacco
9. romo
10.rivers
10. matt stafford
12.andrew luck
13 matt ryan (i know this is low. i think he is good. however, with his weapons. ......MATT RYAN is in a system that i believe any of these qbs would love to be in.)
14. jay culter (i a big fan and i see the same problems but worst with teh oline its really sad)
14. rg3 (waiting to see how next year works out. first year guys of that style usually do well. vick, cam. next year teams will be better gameplanned for him)
15. dalton
16. cam newton
17. palmer
18. alex smith
19. vick
21. fits(bills guy)
21. sam (rams)
21. freemen
24. russel wilson
25. wedden
26. ponder
27. tannehill
31. kc qb, jac, ari,
32. jets qb
[/quote]

HAHAHAH I love #31 and 32 , dont even give names lol

I believe that like Ray Lewis versus Peyton Manning, Ed and Peyton know each other very well!

Peyton knows how to "look" Ed out of position and Ed knows how to "fake" Peyton into thinking he's out of position!

This is going to be another brutal game for us. Batch slapped, 2 Rookie QB beat us and now Manning. I just hope Ngata wishes Peyton a Merry Christmas from all us Raven fans.

[quote name='mrpitts' timestamp='1355417663' post='1260088']
yea lol. they dont deserve it lol.Food for thought what if the ravens drafted sanchez
[/quote]

Sanchez came out of school the year after Flacco, so there wouldn't have been any need to draft him...

Drop Schaub a lot along with Romo, raise up Ryan and swap Ben with Eli. I marvel at Ben's ability to extend plays but he's a broken horse, he'll never complete another season.

I agree with your top 5 down to Roethlisburger where I'd put Eli in the number 5 slot and move Ben down one.

[quote name='Bigdrew812' timestamp='1355413854' post='1260084']
HAHAHAH I love #31 and 32 , dont even give names lol
[/quote]
yea lol. they dont deserve it lol.Food for thought what if the ravens drafted sanchez

[quote name='BaltimoreRavensFan52' timestamp='1355415423' post='1260101']
I think Wilson is a top 20 qb easily. Eli Manning is better than Shaub. And Matt Ryan is generally better than Flacco. That 7-14 cluster is hard to argue though.
[/quote]
i can see why you say that. my point in making the list was to make a statement. the only teams i believe new a need qb are the bottom two. other then that i believe all of these qbs are good. minus vick lol. cmon lol. if flacco had white and julio he would be just as good or better

i really expect the Ravens to ball out and then uhhhh....WIN!! they close the deal this game! i'm excited about what the offense will do in this "cam-less" era. let's gooooo!

~Mili

AMI think Wilson is a top 20 qb easily. Eli Manning is better than Shaub. And Matt Ryan is generally better than Flacco. That 7-14 cluster is hard to argue though.

@BaltimoreRavensFan52
how is Matt Ryan - Generally better? Was it the 5 interception he threw a few weeks ago in 1 game or would it be all of those playoffs he has taken his team to?

if you think any d would have played great with the missing of two dpotys then your unrealistic. in addition ngata and reed have benn hurt all year and webb is gone

Then, Caldwell should cut his patterns shorter! He's just as deadly running after catches! All his receptions don't have to be "highlight film" in nature!

[quote name='Valid1' timestamp='1355421516' post='1260142']
I don't know why Smith and Flacco can't get in a Rhythm. Flacco over throws Smith, Smith slows up to look for the ball letting it fly by, Smith sits when he go and goes when he should sit. They have to sure up that communication because they both have the tools to be something special.
[/quote]

Maybe because Cam only had Torrey running deep routes. That completion percentage isn't going to be good when that's all you do. Torrey can be used for so much more then just running deep routes. I really hope Caldwell takes advantage of that. We have a 12 cylinder offense that has been running on four.

Peyton is fighting for a seed and a possible homefield game, they would love him even more in Denver for that. Flacco do you know how important it is to win this game, it's not just another game, it's a seed, an advantage, a begining of the Caldwell era. Make your home fans prouder than Denver & Montana.

I don't know why Smith and Flacco can't get in a Rhythm. Flacco over throws Smith, Smith slows up to look for the ball letting it fly by, Smith sits when he go and goes when he should sit. They have to sure up that communication because they both have the tools to be something special.

well ed reed needs help his corners need to step up to the fullest thank goodness that j. smith is practicing fully hopefully he has thomas or decker. Graham wont be able to cover those two big dudes like he couldnt cover garcon

missing person - I agree with you about Mattison. Too timid. But give Pees a chance. The defense has been decimated by injuries, never having time to gel. Remember, we lost 2 important pieces to last year's D - Johnson and Redding (probably more of a loss than JJ). What would you do on D differently (with the available personnel)? And BTW - ravens will win Sunday. It will be a good game, but Ravens will win by 9.

Wow what a debbie downer YOU are missing person. You remind me of a Brown's fan I know...except HE has a reason to whine. I guess youre kinda happy about the Mayan calendar so you only have to see one more game.

We can not beat the Broncos. Not being negative, just realistic. Manning will rip us apart. He ripped us apart when we had a top 5 defense and didnt have a dysfunctional d ccordinator. Dan pees really? They ran him out of new england because he sucked there. Who picked this clown? and Mattison too ? Whoever is picking D coordinators needs to resign. they are destroying a legacy.

[quote name='Valid1' timestamp='1355421516' post='1260142']
[/quote]

Have you ever been on the playing field at M&T? Heinz Field? Cleveland? Cincinatti? I have, and I will tell you that each of these stadia are blessed with inconsistent and shifting winds. The wind can be blowing from the east on one sideline but blowing from 20-30 degrees away from east on the other sideline.

Flacco throws a strong ball but there are three possible reasons why he has trouble hooking up with Smith:

1) Torrey STILL has yet to become adept at fighting off defenders who grab, arm-bar, etc. and slow him down or at least stay with him to be in a position to make plays. Watch Boldin and he can fight off a tough defender more often because of his overall strength.

2) Torrey STILL tends to slow down on a long route then tries to speed up to get to the pass.

3) The ball is in the air for 50-60 yards in usually windy playing fields. It plays havoc with the flight of the ball and where the ball might land.

When they mix the intermediate routes, the connection is much better. I noticed that there have been at least a half-dozen pass completions after which Torry picked up more than 10 yards. The TD against the Browns and the 54-yarder against Oakland come to mind.

Torrey is becoming a dangerous all-around receiver (not perfect but certainly dangerous) and the defenses are treating him that way.

Like I've said before,if Ed's healthy & didn't have to babysit those youngsters back there with him,he would've already exceeded his quota on pics.It's like him & Pollard are the only ones back there that knows what's going on.

The Ravens have always played Peyton Manning tough - yes, he is on the winning end but it has always been close and could have gone either way. Remember the playoff game in Baltimore. We held Manning to -0- touchdowns. Ray Lewis had a lot to do with that. I truly feel when he challenges Manning at the line of scrimmage with calling out plays that it intimidates him. I will say however that at halftime Manning seems to adjust.

I'm not saying the Ravens will win, and I'm certainly not saying the Broncos will beat the Ravens-- frankly there is too much that goes into a football game to make any accurate predictions especially when teams seem evenly matched on pure talent. However, one thing to note is that these Broncos have really not beaten any team of repute. Go look at their wins; the best team they beat is either the Steelers or the Bucs, have your pick. If the Broncos beat the Ravens it would be their signature win as they presently have none in their win column: They lost to the Falcons, Texans, and Patriots. So for all of those "Ravens fans" screaming that Baltimore will lose, take a chill pill and wait until Sunday. If the Ravens lose then you can go ahead and have your prediction victory lap... some fan you are.