83 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Smarter to tick off: Lewis or Manning? Pro Bowl leaders: Williams Out, Oher In. Playoff expansion?

View the full article

#2 WeCanDoAllThings52

WeCanDoAllThings52

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

Don't see how Marshal going down would mean Big Mac comes back in. What about Bobbie Williams or Harewood- they've already got some experience from playing this season. They are the likely replacements.

#3 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,073 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

Gameplan for the Broncos: Vonta Leach never leaves the field. Both for running (which I hope we do a lot of), pass-protection helping out Oher and Osemele, and maybe a catch or two. Mix in some no-huddle to keep their D off-balance but still stay true to running.

#4 iamDLEErious

iamDLEErious

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

Michael Oher second in voting for pro bowl for the ravens? I understand his popularity with all the blind side madness, but he has not performed well at all this year. Maybe its time to think about moving him to RT or have his mom give him a pep talk. Anything to get him in gear! As for Peyton Manning..... Well, he seems to always have our number in the past. Even when we had a healthy defense. I think this is one of those games where the only way we can stop his offense is with our offense. One more win pretty much seals a playoff spot. I hope charm city comes out with some urgency this weekend.

#5 HEINY55

HEINY55

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

It's amazing. Goodell wants to improve safety for players by turning the game into flag football. But, he wants to add two games to the end of the season and now add more playoff games? Need to get a new commish before the game is done for good.

#6 Valid1

Valid1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Goodell is made of nothing but greed is he? Anything to get another dollar out of the most profitable sport in the country.

#7 10000 Watts

10000 Watts

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Denver is NFL's 2nd best sack team. As I stated yesterday, my hope and prayer is for the following: McKinney LT, Williams LG, K.O. RG, Oher RT. We've got our hands full w/this Denver team. Go Ravens!!! :)

#8 fistfullwales

fistfullwales

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

Draws, slants and play action...BOOM

#9 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

McKinnie lacks the endurance to be a LT in a no-huddle offense.

And he graded out as a bottom 10 LT in football last season.

#10 BMoreRelentless

BMoreRelentless

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

WT?? Oher?? Probowl tackle?? You shouldn’t/can’t get into the pro bowl because a movie was made about your college career. Carey Williams?? C’mon Man!! Personally, I don’t see any pro bowl caliber players on the Ravens this year except Yanda. Even Ngata has had a subpar season compared to his previous years. He has picked it up the last couple of games but he’s been nicked up and hasn’t played great for the entire season.

I sure hope we use B. Williams and McKinney this week because if we don’t, Succo is going to be served up to Denver’s pass rush like fresh meat to a pack of hungry dogs. He better be ready to Run Succo Run!! And poor Carey Williams is going to look like a blown coverage to Manning all day long. It’s going to be a long day the Bank and I don’t think Caldwell calling the plays is going to make much of a difference. I just hope TSizzle and Ray Lewis are back on the field together and the Men play like their season is on the line.

#11 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

It's not just Goodell but it's also the players. We are no longer watching a game but rather, 2 businnesses fighting for advertising rights.
Commercials are creeping into plays now too! How many times have we come back from commercial break (and always when we're on a roll too!) that we're sitting at 2nd and long when we left, we had just got a 1st down.
Years ago, fans complained so much about the camera man spending too much time on the cheerleaders. It got so bad that they hardly ever show them any more. We also used to get a pre game talk with players, reportes and get a full sheet of stats etc. That's only done for the SB now. They keep taking away parts of the game we love to fit in more commercials. I hate it!!

#12 metalraven

metalraven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Don't give Von Miller the opportunities. Run the no-huddle (BUT WITH EFFICIENCY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!), use Ray Rice predominantly, and quick slants and drags. If Flacco is doing the stupid 18 step drops, then he's done. But if they run a smart, chain moving, efficient offense, you take Von Miller out of the picture. Use two tight end sets, and chip Miller.

#13 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,412 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:16 AM

Well, no matter on which side Miller lines up, take a page from Norv Turner's defense against T-Sizzle in 2011! Chip him with a slot Receiver or TE to give the tackle time to back and set!

The Pro-Bowl is a men's beauty pageant! Can't remember the last time I bothered to watch! College North-South and East-West games are more entertaining. You get to see fututre draft picks instead of Pro Flag Football in pads!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 13 December 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#14 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,983 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

At the beginning of the season, I saw us as a 10 and 6 team this year due to the brutality of the schedule. I'm not sure which games I picked us to lose but I'm pretty sure that any given road game might end up in a loss. The games that shocked me the most were losing to the Steelers and Redskins. Hopefully, we win at least 1 of 3, but I won't be surprised if we don't with all the injuries that we have this year. I really don't see our team going far in the playoffs. Like last year, loses don't sit well and it will hurt for a few months until draft day.

#15 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Ed Reed usually gets a pick or two against Manning. Let's hope he can take it to the house. Ngata has to play hungry and beast out every single play.

#16 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

if oher never had a book/movie written about him, he would be nowhere near the top of Pro Bowl voting. these people are just voting for elite players, go to the tackle section and say "oh he has a movie". don't even bother considering he costed the ravens two games with his failed protection.

#17 roamingcharges

roamingcharges

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Good to see Bernard Pollard receive Pro Bowl attention, however I don't quite get the Oher thing. I understand he has one of the more recognizable names in the league because of Sandra Bullock, but this is a bit ridiculous. On the other hand, there really are no dominant left tackles in the league presently. Joe Thomas and Jake Long have been representing the AFC in the Pro Bowl for a few years now. Initially it was purely on merit, but lately it has been more name recognition than anything else-- but that happens to the entire roster so no complaints there. I hope Oher moves to RT and becomes a Pro Bowler at that spot, and then the Ravens go after Long in the off-season; I know he's not the same player he was, but he is still pretty darn good.

#18 jravens13

jravens13

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

Denver gets most of their sacks against sorry teams. Their D is overrated and their competition this year is a joke. Their 3 losses come to playoff contenders, Atlanta, New England, and Houston. They have 2 wins against potential playoff teams, with Cinci, and Pitt.

They are a good offensive team, and their defense is clicking right now, but who have they played during their win streak??? San Diego, New Orleans, Cinci, Carolina, San Diego, Kansas City, Tampa, and Oakland...

#19 dwhravens

dwhravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Clady > Oher

#20 Joe Flacco is #1

Joe Flacco is #1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Dont think we need a denver columnist to tell us that 1 ^.^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users