23 replies to this topic

#1 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm so tired of all the negativity from football fans and Ravens fans alike about our team.
How many wins do we have? 9. Same number of wins that the packers had before they won, The Giants I believe had 9 or 10 wins last year right?

I know the facts: we've lost two in a row, our defense is riddled with injuries, our offense is madly inconsistent. The fact is on paper I know we don't look all that scary.

We should love being in this spot people! Hello? Isn't that what this team, this franchise, this Ravens nation is all about? The world outside doesn't give us respect, doesn't give us even a chance! so what do we do, year after year after year? We come out and we throw our purple pride in their faces!

In 2008, no one thought a rookie head coach, with a rookie quarterback, with a team that went 5-11 the year before, would be anything to worry about.

In 2009, our defense was supposedly crumbling, and everyone thought the Patriots were going to kill us.

In 2010, we were a couple dropped passes away from playing in the AFC Title game.

in 2011, no one gave us a shot against the Patriots again! And we should have won.

I'm teling you guys, it aint over till its over. We've been through bad times, and I know this looks like one of the worst...but isn't that when this team steps up?

Last time I checked, no team in this league right now is undefeated. So I don't care who we're facing next week, or the week after, or after that. This defense is blue collar, they are a nunch of scrubs man, and they go out and hustle on every play. We have Ray freakin Rice. And say what you want about Joe guys...the dude drives me insane, but what I don't get is the doubt so many of you have about him as our future...I wasn't sold untill last year...

Say what you want about the Patriots defense last year, they played very well end of the season and in the playoffs.

We had never beat the Patriots, we were on their turf with the Superbowl on the line, and Joe delivered. Period. The dude flat out balled. Yes, he threw a pick and started slow, but Brady threw two picks and should have lost. Flacco isn't pretty, he isn't elite yet, and he has a lot of flaws that sometimes cost us games. But I know that this man has a silent fire in those eyes, he knows how to deliever when it's the most crucial situation. Every good qb has had games where they make stupid mistakes and cost their teams the game. Big whoop. I know what I see with my eyes, and I know Flacco will get there.

So, people, get your heads out of your rears and let's all get up Sunday morning, get down to the bank, and let's send Manning out of there crying like a baby! and Then next weeks let's do it to his little Brother, and then let's ride over to cincy and put the Bung back in Bungles. Let's get fired up, because this team has plenty of fight left in it, and we're only going to get better as our young guys get more experience and our injured heal up.

#2 frangecko112

frangecko112

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Nice positive thread

#3 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

The 2011 team was solid though. Our defense had very few injuries and it seemed like it was the best in the league. The offense was held back by Cam's poor play calling though.

2010 The defense wasn't that great and the Chiefs nearly beat us if it wasn't for Cody destroying Jamal Charles and Ray's strip. But even then we had just won the final 4 games down the stretch which included beating solid teams. I had no doubt in 2010 that anyone would beat us. I haven't had that feeling this year.

The team hasn't been as banged up in a while but the offense is looking up.

Edited by dhstandard, 12 December 2012 - 07:00 PM.

2yno6dx.png

#4 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

You know something meaningless and hilarious at the same time? Each of the last two years, the Redskins have beaten the eventual champs. They've also played the eventual champs every year since 2006.

#5 frangecko112

frangecko112

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

You know something meaningless and hilarious at the same time? Each of the last two years, the Redskins have beaten the eventual champs. They've also played the eventual champs every year since 2006.

this must be great news for the superstitious fans

#6 3-4ravdef509

3-4ravdef509

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:02 PM

The 2011 team was solid though. Our defense had very few injuries and it seemed like it was the best in the league. The offense was held back by Cam's poor play calling though.

2010 The defense wasn't that great and the Chiefs nearly beat us if it wasn't for Cody destroying Jamal Charles and Ray's strip. But even then we had just won the final 4 games down the stretch which included beating solid teams. I had no doubt in 2010 that anyone would beat us. I haven't had that feeling this year.

The team hasn't been as banged up in a while but the offense is looking up.

Or was the defense lucky to face the Nfc west, and afc south, where the only good qbs were alex smith and schaub. Also, They got lit up by the chargers. They were solid. But that's it

#7 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

While I am concerned about Manning, I think I might actually be more concerned about their defense!

Any given Sunday but I will definitely not be betting on this game! lol

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#8 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I am fired up I love where we are at and i am one of a few that thinks we can win this game. Look at the teams the broncos have played. our defense is banged up but if we keep our foot on the gas i think we can win this one will be close but i bet we pull it out . GO RAVENS.

#9 ryanjones25

ryanjones25

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

I just have a question and for some reason I can't post a new topic. In what scenarios would we miss the playoffs altogether? I haven't heard this topic discussed but don't see how it's possible even if we lose out as either Pitt or Cincy play each other and one will have to be 9-7 and we would have a better tie breaker conference record then both. Would just like some clarification n this. Thanks.

#10 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

While I am concerned about Manning, I think I might actually be more concerned about their defense!

Any given Sunday but I will definitely not be betting on this game! lol

Yeah, what scares me is Miller/Dumervil against Oher/KO. That's one of the reasons why I think it's imperative that we establish the run early and often.

#11 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I just have a question and for some reason I can't post a new topic. In what scenarios would we miss the playoffs altogether? I haven't heard this topic discussed but don't see how it's possible even if we lose out as either Pitt or Cincy play each other and one will have to be 9-7 and we would have a better tie breaker conference record then both. Would just like some clarification n this. Thanks.

Can't post a new topic until 15 posts. Sorry, can't answer the rest.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#12 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I'm sorry but I just don't see us winning the SB. Last year was the year, we had a good O and the #2 D. But a certain two guys who must not be named blew it.
We'll go 10-6 and win maybe one playoff game. Sorry.

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#13 RavensAllTheWay

RavensAllTheWay

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

If CIN and PIT each win two games and tie when they meet up, we could finish third if we drop to 9-7. But I think that's the only way we miss.

#14 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Chiefs nearly beat us? We won 30-7 dude.
In 2010, we had the 10th best D. Not up to our usual standards, but OK.

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

#15 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,176 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Chiefs nearly beat us? We won 30-7 dude.
In 2010, we had the 10th best D. Not up to our usual standards, but OK.

The 2010 team played a bunch of bad ofenses though. There were major issues but a large part was the offense playing conservative giving the defense only a minute to rest.

The score of the Chiefs game is misleading. It was a very very tough game. The offense struggled to produce and were helped by the numerous Chiefs turnovers including a 4th down stop in the 3rd. I remember watching that game thinking how we were probably gonna lose until late when the Chiefs just kept making mistakes.

2yno6dx.png

#16 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

Yeah buddy

#17 nyc9192

nyc9192

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Thats exactly what i was thinking after we lost on sunday

#18 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Can not follow rules

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

Excited to see Jim Caldwell's debut as Offensive Coordinator! I'm dying to know what his play-calling will be like. He certainly knows a lot about the passing game, which should only help Air Flacco.
<p><span style="color:rgb(255,0,0);"><span style="font-size:24px;">Banned</span></span>.</p>

#19 Alexir

Alexir

Dark Wings, Dark Words

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Excited to see Jim Caldwell's debut as Offensive Coordinator! I'm dying to know what his play-calling will be like. He certainly knows a lot about the passing game, which should only help Air Flacco.

Air Flacco has barely been hitting 200 yards a game lol

He's Hover Flacco!

But seriously though, Jim's play calling will be " it's on you Joe" and we will see if Joe can run this offense. Shame his HC won't help him out by shaking up the line. He is going to get manhandled by Von, Elvis and the crew.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose.
Rings don't lie.
PSN Alexir23

#20 Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Neal Could Block the SUN!!

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Man- how dare you post a positive, momentum building, team rousing, and good will to men having thread here!

Seriously-
I will be wearing my purple (ok sitting on my couch, but I tried to get tickets honest)
I will be yelling and cheering at the TV

My dogs will run, the neighbors will be scared, and the police may be called-

But We will WIN this weekend

and then on to the next and the next and roll the dice in the play offs!!

Show them what your made of Caldwell!

"“All of a sudden, and I had not officially met Ray yet, I feel this presence over my shoulder and this voice: ‘Ray Rice, this is Ray Lewis. I love the way you play. But, you should pull your pants up.’”

Asked what it’s like to see a deep ball from Flacco, Jones likened it to Starburst candy.
“It’s juicy, it’s good,” Jones said. “It’s like candy. Everybody loves candy. Who don’t like candy?”

"We got the better Harbaugh!" Sherry Huggler

"Finally"

"My descriptions of my actions on that play are a lot of things - embarrassing, inexcusable, a blunder would be a myriad of things I use to describe it." Mike Tomlin (a cheating Stealer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users