15 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,543 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Denver’s Peyton Manning said Jim Caldwell took his game to another level in Indianapolis.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Although it's great that Caldwell had such a nice status with Manning, we all know Joe is not Peyton. Will Flacco improve, of course he will. Is he ever going to reach Peyton's status, not in a million years. Let's just win the Super Bowl and everyone goes home happy.

#3 Purple City Bird Gang

Purple City Bird Gang

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,855 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

I really can't wait to see if the O changes any, I don't think we'll be any different but I hope I'm wrong on this one.

#4 Malkavian Raven

Malkavian Raven

Hoosier Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Caldwell isn't going to help Joe reach another level...

...he's going to help him reach A WHOLE... NOTHA... LEVEL!

~ Cosmic

WE RAISE OUR HEAVY GLASS TO YOU IN OUR INDESTRUCTIBLE DAYS
login.png
MAY HEAVENS CALL TO YOU, MAY STARS ALIGN AND LIGHT YOUR WAY

#5 GyMan20

GyMan20

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

I will just be excited to not know what play is coming before we snap the ball... I have a good feeling about this though, and after reading this from Peyton it just got that much better. ={D>

#6 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ya, Joe has had a whole stable of famous QB coaches since he's been here.
The first couple years, we saw improvement in his game. That all stopped last year.
If someone has the talent, I don;t think it would take 5 years of expert coaching to get a 1st round pick to be better. I don;t hold out a lot of hope that Joe is going to get much better but having said that, I don;t believe we even NEED a Brady or Manning back there if we shore up some issues we are having on our D and O line.

I just went back and watched the game again and I really didn't notice Oher or Birk losing too many battles. I assumed a few on here was paying more attention to them than I was. Evidently not. I just didn't see either of them losing their one on ones.
I did see #72 Osemele get his butt handed to him on a regular basis though.

We knew at the beginning of the season that our O line would be a work in progress so this shouldn't be too big a surprise. I just don't think it's time to call for anyone elses head just yet but then again, ask me again after the Denver game! :-)
GO RAVENS!!!!

#7 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,473 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

the offense does not need to change. just the play calling does.

#8 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

We needed to hire Calwell's OC with the Colts.

#9 PurpleReigning

PurpleReigning

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

If you're going to run the no huddle, run the freakin no huddle. Does our no huddle look like New England's? Denver's ? No. Does it even look like Atlanta's? No. The truth is, whether its becaus Flacco's not smart enough or Cam was a control freak Flacco I not running the entire offense at the line the way Matt Ryan is. They came out the same year. He wants big $$-have him earn it. He wants an up tempo offense, let him run it for real. We need to see who this guy is, and we need to see it now. It's what he did in college anyway.

#10 apthebarber

apthebarber

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have known Mr. Caldwell since Wake Forest. I admire him for taking time to reach out to the one's that are somewhat forgotten. He is a great man of integrity. I Pray that God continue to Bless him with great health and strength. He leadership off the field is just as important as what he achieves on the field. He definitely has my support. Coach keep up the good work. Keep doing the things that got you there in the beginning. Stay focused. Google prospect Dekota Marshall http://www.nfldrafts...=2011&genpos=CB

#11 ravinravensfan

ravinravensfan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I greatly appreciate Peyton stepping up to make these comments about Caldwell. It helps put my mind at ease. I think though that Peyton and Flacco have different learning styles and definitely are different talent-wise. When Peyton is on the sidelines he always is pouring over photos, reading stuff, etc. I want to see more of that from Joe.

#12 uglyjay

uglyjay

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:30 AM

LOL
Payton is a class guy to say that.
But nobody took his game to another level other than Payton and Archie

#13 RiseNconquer

RiseNconquer

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Classic Peyton. More interesting than what he actually said is what he didn't say. He didn't say that Caldwell could not call plays, but he did admit that he could not endorse him as a play caller. "You're talking to the wrong guy there." Kind of a hard statement for a quarterback to make.

I think Caldwell will do fine, and I can't wait until Sunday.

#14 Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

Although it's great that Caldwell had such a nice status with Manning, we all know Joe is not Peyton. Will Flacco improve, of course he will. Is he ever going to reach Peyton's status, not in a million years. Let's just win the Super Bowl and everyone goes home happy.

I dont think anyone, even the late Ray Charles would confuse those two but if Jim can make Flacco more efficient with the ball and with the offense, that may be all we need. To be honest, If we did have manning, we would probably be 12-1 right now(at worse) but hopefully Jim can give Joe enough coaching to make him a potential SB QB. If we could get there riding on Dilfer, Flacco should be able to as well.

#15 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

come on Joe time to outgun Peyton Manning now you did it to Tommy terrific earlier time to prove you can hang with the big boys and prove that you are a top 10 QB in the NFL

#16 MTRavensFan

MTRavensFan

Veteran

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

It took Manning 8 years to win a Super Bowl.

It took Elway 13- THIRTEEN! - with some really crappy seasons in between, including the most lopsided loss in SB history. Until Shanahan came in to turn things around, he sucked.

Coaching does make a huge difference, and those of you expecting Joe to peak in his 5th season, especially with Cam calling plays NOBODY had confidence in, are delusional.

"I would suggest not wringing those hands so hard that you sprain them. Take a chill pill." - Eisenbergf4ia7s.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users