18 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

The offensive players said the responsibility falls on them to improve the offense.

View the full article

#2 Guest_D3x3001_*

Guest_D3x3001_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:28 PM

Of course the final responsibility falls on the players to make the plays, but if they run a bad play it's not their fault. Now that Caldwell can call a nice gameplan the players will be more than happy to run the nice routes that fit their styles.

#3 poescrows

poescrows

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

Well, guess we'll answer the 4 year old question.......was the problem Cam or Flacco?

#4 J.Flacco#5

J.Flacco#5

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

poescrows: My guess is probably the one who didn't run Rice.

#5 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

in conclusion, most players real reaction to cam's canning is "YES!, by time."

#6 Jfravens

Jfravens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

This offense is going to be GREAT, AWESOME, THE BEST! remember this, Jim Caldwell is one of my favorites coach , he's a leader and now how to get things done, an example of his work Peyton Manning his puppile that's all i got to say...

#7 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

Lets get this offense rolling Mr Caldwell

#8 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

The lines that stand out to me is "He has our full attention"...."but its time for us to get it together"...."expectations are high"...."Everything is up tempo"....Everything is, you're going to do it right the first time"....We're looking forward to the difference""a change in terms of the energy level."
Its quotes like these from the team that showed me we needed a new OC and we have the right guy for the job.

#9 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

best of luck jim. be patient and slowly put your touches into the offense

#10 RavenWarrior

RavenWarrior

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I was all smiles when they hired Jim to take over the Quarterback Coach position. I saw an immediate change in Flacco as well in the following weeks, and then things settled back into the mediocre again. Cam may have been the cause of that happening. I like our odds with Caldwell, and look forward to seeing him Help Flacco become what we have always hoped for.

#11 Purple Reign5

Purple Reign5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

Finally! I am so glad we are moving forward without that other guy, can't even say his name. Keep in mind, the offense isn't going to change overnight. I think the biggest thing to take from the players comments was how upbeat and excited they seemed for the change. In Ray Rice's interview, he said that Caldwell "has the respect of the locker room". I think that speaks volumes about his predecessor without really saying it.
Let's go Ravens! By the way, the only winning teams that Denver has beaten is Pitt and Cincy. The combined record of the teams Denver has beaten is 47-83 (.361 %). Not very impressive. Let's kick some Manning(s) butts!

#12 apthebarber

apthebarber

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

I have known Mr. Caldwell since Wake Forest. I admire him for taking time to reach out to the one's that are somewhat forgotten. He is a great man of integrity. I Pray that God continue to Bless him with great health and strength. He leadership off the field is just as important as what he achieves on the field. He definitely has my support. Coach keep up the good work. Keep doing the things that got you there in the beginning. Stay focused. Google prospect Dekota Marshall http://www.nfldrafts...=2011&genpos=CB

#13 ravenstime

ravenstime

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:30 AM

At the very least, we're gonna be very excited with the switch. I believe that the timing was 'Right!' Hopefully, we'll get more substance out of the switch than just that, but at this time, we needed a shot in the arm or else we'd have tanked the last 3 or 4 games, imo. Let's get hot and stay hot, it's the teams that get hot this time of year that win SB's, like N.Y. (Giants) last year and the time before for them too ('07?). RAVENSTIME!

#14 flaccopoe

flaccopoe

Mintberry Crunch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,320 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

If the Ravens' offense continues to play horribly in the season to come, we'll know it wasn't primarily Cam's fault. Especially if we get a super-coordinator in the off-season, like Norv Turner.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THE MODS!!!

Honestly, I am surprised that you (Poe) got second. After the draft I thought your team was doomed for failure.

You get used to it. Even posts that don't violate the rules aren't safe.

#15 TorryGundy

TorryGundy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Speed and antention to detail seems to already be a key that is getting threw to the team. That alone is enough to spark an offense that has the opportunity to blow up like a volcano. No team in the league has the talent we have at all positions. There may be better at one or two postions , but not have the overall talent we have. The weapons are there. Two speedy recievers with good hands. Tow great posetion recievers with Doss and Boldin. Two great Big TE's who can both block and pass with Dickson and Pitta. Two great Tailbacks and the best FB in the game. And say what you want about Flacco but he is good enough to get it done. Our line can be better but hey, would you rather have Chi ,or Pitts line....didnt thinks so. Go Ravens...Bleed Purple!

#16 Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

I remember when they had that article about the group conversation the team had with the coaches where the team got out all their frustrations, bet Cams offense was apart of that. When Ray mentioned about the respect Jim had from the team, in a way it sounded like he was trying to say that Jim basically had won over the locker after Cams offense lost it and it was time for change. Now with the guy who pretty much coached up one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, you can only assume these guys would want to have Jim lead their offense rather than Cam.I know there is a certain type of in house politics that goes on in football but lets take the PC part out of it. Flacco was frustrated with Cam and Cam wasnt giving Flacco, Rice, or the rest of the offense what they wanted. John respected Cam enough not to fire him last season but I think Steve may have pushed johns hand on this one which led to the firing(didnt want to end up like Billick). In the end, I hope that the ravens offense can resemble what peyton was able to do in indy so that all Ozzy has to do is figure out if Dean Pees D is worth investing in or will he need to go as well. In addition, being set on offense, outside of possible Oline and may WR changes, the real focus will be on the D.

#17 Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

The lines that stand out to me is "He has our full attention"...."but its time for us to get it together"...."expectations are high"...."Everything is up tempo"....Everything is, you're going to do it right the first time"....We're looking forward to the difference""a change in terms of the energy level."
Its quotes like these from the team that showed me we needed a new OC and we have the right guy for the job.

The only reason cam was still here was because john had too much respect to fire him last season, I think this year, steve pushed johns hand on this one. I would love to see the ravens offense do a lot more down the field plays mixed with screens to help Rice get free more. I think we have the O to get us to the promise land, I mean we did beat Brady so now its up to Jim to add the creativity to really get this offense launching.

#18 jrs034

jrs034

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm so excited for Caldwell I just have a feeling the offense is really going to explode now that the leash is presumably off

#19 voice of reason

voice of reason

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

Norv Turner is not a good option. He has the same style as Cam. Slow conservative play calling with no adjustments. In 18 seasons as a head coach, he made the playoffs four times with a 4-4 record. In 3 of those attempts to the playoffs he had Tomlinson running the ball. Caldwell will be around Baltimore for a few more years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users