Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jameel McClain Ruled Out vs. Denver

60 posts in this topic

The Ravens will be without another starting inside linebacker this Sunday against the Broncos.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jameel-McClain-Ruled-Out-vs-Denver/2ff780a8-8ec4-42e7-b0fd-fd0f94e389b9]View the full article[/url]

We need better linebackers behind Ray Lewis anyway. We need to stick with our old ways and draft or get big linebackers.

You wanna know something my fellow fans.

For the past several seasons before last season teams used to look up to the Ravens defense and say "We need players like that on our defense". You know, big strong, and athletic defenders.

And over the past several years thats what other teams have been doing. Drafting big, strong, and athletic players on defense.

But while other teams have been going the wright way we (Ravens) have been going the wrong way. Over the past 4 offseasons our defense has been getting picked apart whether it's our players or defensive coaches.

And we have done a poor job of maintaining that elite Ravens defense this team always used to have. And because of that we fans have had to sit and watch our defense go from the best to one of the worst ior at best average.

I don't care what anybody says about the stats or what not. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that our defense is getting soggy.

It doesnt mean its the end of the world. We can still improve by drafting the players on defense that this team always used to go after.

I have this strange feeling that Denver's tightends are going to have a lovely day. Next man up only works but so far when you start digging into the practice squad.

I say start McClellan and put BA in on passing downs I don't think Bynes can tackle that well there were a few occasions last week when he straight out got ran over

Also, Bynes is VERY Slow & doesnt even play the run that well, Id rather have Carr out their at least he has potential

For a man who lost more than half of his starting team mates he has gotten it done this season. I hope he gets well soon. I got faith in you Jameel!

[quote name='ravenwildman' timestamp='1355342427' post='1259376']
hopefully Ray, Sizzle, and Elerbe are back this week.

GO RAVENS!
[/quote] agreed! im hoping suggs and lewis play but i REALLY hope ellerbie plays too. I haven't been hearing his status :/ we need all the d we can get

I believe we are a very deep team as far as depth goes. But, if we don't get our guys back this week (Lewis, Suggs, Ellerbe, and Dickson), I hope Ozzie goes to work and does his thing in getting us help. Tough to beat the great Peyton Manning with a patchwork "D" (no matter how deep we are). Go Ravens!!! :)

We are going to be hurting if Thomas or Decker decides to run routes across the middle for the game.

Not really worried about this loss. He played well last year in Ray's absence, but this year he hasn't been wrapping guys up. Tries arm tackling running backs.

This is getting out of control. What is this, a Greek tragedy? Someone get on the phone with Oakland and get Rolando McClain in a Ravens uniform.

Rolando is average at best. We don't need some guy on our team that isn't afraid of badmouthing their own team and causing trouble.

Wow, If lewis does'nt make it back it will be tough, experincce and leadership will be the obvious miss, but we all know where Peyton will attack if Ray is not in there.

Hopefully we get Ray and Ellerbe back this week, if not, we are going to be really hurting at ILB. It's hard to believe how injured our Defense is, and it's really disappointing. Going into week 6 we were as healthy as could be, then we just started dropping like flies....i guess thats the life in the NFL. I just hope we get as healthy as possible before playoff time

Why not sign Kindle or Hamilton off practice squad? Giv'em a look. They can run behind the recievers as well as Byrne does now.