Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Joe Flacco 'Stunned' By Cam Cameron's Dismissal

130 posts in this topic

Joe Flacco said Cam Cameron was great for his career and dismissed a perceived rift.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Joe-Flacco-Stunned-By-Cam-Camerons-Dismissal/4ab2e385-bd76-46e4-b4c1-70ae1831d59c]View the full article[/url]

Cam Who? No one seems to be talking about the hot Broncos and how Peyton has been clutch lately. I know this change is quite a big deal, but lets not overlook this week's opponent.

Go Ravens!!

I have always felt that the Ravens needed a change at OC, but you really have to question the timing. I think the Ravens are dead in the water now! Even if Caldwell can make better play calling which Cameron lacked, ultimately Flacco still has to get the job done. Flacco is simply too goofy.

I think it really is his overall outlook. He is so bland with no emotion. You ever see Flacco get upset when a play goes bad?

this seems like a PR answer to me... Of course he will deny the fact that there was any tension/cam was holding him back, the ravens FO/PR teams would never want, if true, the fact that cam and joe didn't get along to be out in the open...

He said the right thing at the right time now tell us how you really feel Joe.

Joe comments are just like Rays respect and classy I like that.so lets move on and please stop talking about Cam and move on.

Im kind of tired of hearing about Cam, Hes gone. We have a new OC .. Players need to step up. NO more articles please

Publically stunned, secretly happy....I just hope this was a good move and not bad timing, but i think if Caldwell let's the players have more say and get more involved, then we will get better offensively

Great read on Joe if you missed it earlier...gives insight into who Joe is!

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Gameday-Program-Feature-Joe-Flacco/5a8c7302-5150-4aed-b482-7596a0d52268

Just heard Sal Paolantonio on espn and he pretty much said that Suugs and Lewis will be ready to go Sunday. If Lewis is to play he needs to be taken off IR by 4pm Saturday.

No more scapegoat for our offense.

I agree, Cam had to go but now, perhaps, we'll start putting the blame on the players...the ones who are supposed to execute on the field. One word...consistency. It would be nice to see some.

I just want to see the offense explode at this point, too much anticipation for all of this nonsense.

if Flacco says hes a top 5 QB, Sunday is the day to prove it against an ACTUAL top 5 QB, now that he's going to have more say in the plays. We'll just have to see if Cam was holding him back.

Cam Cameron had all the pieces in front of him but he failed to use them successfully. Ray Rice is our biggest and most versatile threat we can use him in screen plays and in the slot which can create mismatches for our other talented player. Jim Caldwell needs to find the identity of our offense.

Joe Flacco is going to stun his critics this Sunday. This is the same dealing I had about Joe during the championship game. He has a lot to prove and watch him step up. Its the same Joe that outplayed Tom Brady.

Part of me wants Flacco to walk and see how the Ravens manage. Some fans have become so insufferable lately, they deserve a cellar dwelling team.

[quote name='Ravensfan4life2010' timestamp='1355343779' post='1259432']
lmao thats the face he had when billy missed the fg against the pats last year in the playoffs
[/quote]That's the face Cundiff had before every kick.

fix the o-line and a lot of the problems will be solved than add slants and wr screens and stop going deep every play and that will solve the other problems. i agree that most fans on this board have gotten to spoiled. if flacco walks goodluck with the free agents bums that will be available at qb. the guy is good enough to win a sb so leave him alone. the o-line is the bigger problem

Joe seems to get up for the big name qbs. For example, the last 2 times he played Brady, he actually outplayed Brady. I hope i'm right about this. Go Ravens!!! :)

Joe, you're a stand-up-guy for being "stunned", and professing the love for Cam Cam but come on...really? You're body language and facial expressions have told the real story. During conversations with Cam on the sideline you looked somewhere between constipated, and having just been told your dog died. Constantly walking away and coming back as Cam was talking was a dead give away you didn't want to hear it. And why were you so upset when Cam forced Zorn out? So, good effort putting up a front, but we all know...

Joe, thank you for taking the classy route, there is no need to run Cameron into the ground. Now, for the business at hand. Joe is going to shine when given the right tools.

Hey Joe, I was stunned also but, with Joy! Lol! Its on Paper and for those that think Cam should still be here, I got some Oceanside property in Vegas! You interested?

"Jim's great. He's a great person and he's a great coach. [u][b]The little time that he's been here, we've had a great working relationship."[/b][/u]

^ that says a lot Joe! now let's see it transfer to your on the field game play.

~Mili

[quote name='Twistidfunk' timestamp='1355339797' post='1259322']
Flacco was also stunned to learn that teams blitz him on 3rd downs from his blind side...
[/quote]

He's also stunned that Oher can't block an X or an O in tic tac toe.

Flacco Stunned?

Wake up Joe. It's your job to know what going on, even if you can't say anything. You're a slow learner bro... How many time do you have to get hit from behind before they have to carry you out on a strecher???

You need to watch film on a guy name "Fran Tarkenton ".
Here,let me help you ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDmeTo-8aoI

If you were playing when guys like "Deacon Jones" where playing, you would be dead!

And Michael Oher, start living up to your name, and cover the blind side!!!!!

Sunday should be interesting, if the Ravens are going to win the offense will need to step up and win this game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Joe really take that next step now that Jim Caldwell can actually call a better game. I predict lots of slants with Torrey and Q, plus a healthy dose of Ray Rice to keep Peyton off the field.

That's the same look on his face when he goes back for a pass and has the ball punched out of hand in the pocket!!!!! Better tighten up your play Joe, you may be next!

yadda yadda cams gone so wut I want to know whats the status for suggs and lewis???

Ok one more day of Cam talk but after that i dont want to hear the man's name anymore. No disrespect but it's Caldwell and Joe time. Joe thanks for being a class act. We expect nothing less of you but its time to bust some serious butt on that field. Joe you said you were one of the best now show us what you are talking about. We got ya back!

good_n_purple: Flacco has two expressions....happy and the one you see in the picture. Thats it.

Sami: reminds me of a former Bmore QB.....Johnny U. The guy won a championship and while everyone was going nuts on the field, he picked up his helmet and walked off the field without even cracking a smile.

[quote name='The Greek' timestamp='1355344210' post='1259440']
fix the o-line and a lot of the problems will be solved than add slants and wr screens and stop going deep every play and that will solve the other problems. i agree that most fans on this board have gotten to spoiled. if flacco walks goodluck with the free agents bums that will be available at qb. the guy is good enough to win a sb so leave him alone. the o-line is the bigger problem
[/quote]

It's a shame that a lot of people can't see this.

Joe is pumped. Denver has no idea what to game plan for. This spark will ignite an offensive inferno!

Fans, I know you are going to neg me down. But some of u are expecting too much. It's not like Broncos are going to sit back and not play defense. I want flacco to beat peyton manning more than anything but its not like he got a tom brady oline or sean payton. Same system, he just running the show. Don't expect a 400 yd 3td game.

exactly, most of the fans except the ones that are at the game only see flacco in the pocket. U don't know what's going on down the field. the problem is receivers need to get open by creative plays and speed. Teams like patriots and packers receivers are opened by at lease 2 yards most of the play that i can make some of the throws (not). So, flacco has to sit back and wait for his receivers. He is not going to sling it like ex-jay cutler. O-line and receivers are also the problem

I always hear that they have a good "working" relationship....Just think about that a minute. What people do you work with, especially in a team atmosphere, where you would describe your relationship as a good "working" relationship. Usually, by adding the word "working" it specifies that it's not just a good or great relationship....Never hear much more than that. Well, one thing for sure. Flacco will have yet another EXCUSE for why we didn't get it done, and I'm sure he and his agent will use this unexpected coaching change as bargaining fodder after Joe underperforms for the fifth year in a row!!!

[quote name='iluvpurple' timestamp='1355358506' post='1259607']
@luvrayrice27...... I think Joe has proved it against several "top 5" QBs in the last few years. He has been successful against Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben if you count him in top 5, and we all saw what he can do against Tom Brady. The Manning bros are the only ones that he needs to get past at this point, and lucky Joe, gets them back to back. Hopefully he can get that monkey off his back starting this Sunday's game.
[/quote] Joe played against the defense of those teams. He didn't "go against" those QBs. And that proves nothing anyways. What Joe needs to do is be consistent game to game. It's feast or famine with Joe, and that's not what elite QBs do. He's had some incredible games, no doubt. But he seldom, if ever, has put a string of great cames together consecutively.

Joe is not elite.