132 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,568 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

The Ravens quarterback had a fumble and interception in Sunday's loss.

View the full article

#2 PurpleDoc

PurpleDoc

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

I've been saying this all along. If Flacco wants to join the elite, he needs to be like Manning and Brady and move around a bit more under pressure and find ways to make plays if no pass receiver open. Of course, it would help if Oher actually consistently blocked the defender.

#3 ksk316

ksk316

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

How are we forgetting the strip sack in the chargers game? If Oher doesn't recover, there wouldn't even be a 4th and 29 and that miracle.

It's 3 weeks in a row, Joe's pocket awareness or lack there of has caused a turn over. Joe has to step into the pocket. Period. Is it that Birk gets pushed a lot and the pocket collapses from the center allowing no room for Flacco to step up? I've seen many Flacco sacks and the pocket seems to collapse from all the sides. We need a mauling center to push those NTs.

#4 heavymojo68

heavymojo68

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

if your gonna comment dont hate on joe.. i already kno one of you will do it.

#5 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

this is the understatement of the century ......

Edited by redravenfan, 12 December 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#6 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

The bottom line, our O line sucks. Until that gets fixed, I don't care who your QB, you're going to have the strips/fumbles.

It starts up front !

#7 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Lil more no huddle can help fix it

#8 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

I think this a pretty astute comment, snark. I bet Joe's pretty aware that he needs to be more aware. What I find troubling is this has been one of Joe's major problems for too long.

He has a QB coach that is now being promoted to OC but; hasn't seen fit to address this problem hmmm. So either the QB coach has not done his job or Joe is unteachable. As I've said before and this is not hating on Caldwell. I just don't see the logic in making him OC. He's been Joe's coach for over 6 months and Joe has gotten worse.

The ravens seem to make decisions on some scale that is invisible to others. Sure maybe Cam was in the way, maybe Caldwell never was allowed to do what he needed to do with Joe. There could be a 1000 reasons for Joe's lack of progress.

The last few years I just see the Ravens doing things that don't make sense. I also see an elite team, that is no longer elite. Hey I'm just saying.

#9 btfan2

btfan2

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

oh BmoreB -
***The bottom line, our O line sucks. Until that gets fixed, I don't care who your QB, you're going to have the strips/fumbles.**

that too.

#10 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

quick slants or plays designed for rolling out would fix that problem when you read or sense that a blitz is coming. would love to see us add the wr screen to the offense. smith, jones and thompson could pickup big gains on those with boldin pitta or dickson blocking

Edited by The Greek, 12 December 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#11 Bohica5

Bohica5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

So.......after 5 YEARS.....You would think he would already have a clue......He doesn't and shows it every game.........5YEARS!!!.....Who else gets 5YEARS to supposedly learn what he is already suppose to know!!...Please list the names of 5 people that get 5YEARS to learn their job?....Thank You

#12 SSRavenFan

SSRavenFan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

I was watching Touchdown Baltimore last night and they said in 80 games he has fumbled 51 times. I am not sure who got those stats and whether or not they are accurate.

#13 flatbob

flatbob

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Wow! This is in response to the many comments I have just read from "fans" of the Ravens in response to the other articles concerning recent events. I love to read these posts but rarely respond. However, I am now.

First, lets consider what has transpired this Year: Chuck Pagano leaves, JJ, Grubbs, Roddick, and others move on, Art Modell dies, Torreys brother dies, Suggs goes down with ACL, Pagano has cancer, Lewis and Webb go out in same game, Smith goes out, others injured decimatating our once proud defense, Cam fired. Yes, some of these things are part of football, others part of life. But when you put all of this together, weaker teams would have folded a long time ago!

Here's my point: We are 9-4, have many great players, and yes, coaches and front office personnel too. And even more importantly, many good people.
Are we flawed: Absolutely. Have players made mistakes: you bet. Could there have been better coaching: for sure. Should we as fans been more supportive: Amen, without a doubt!!!!

And that, my friends, is the only thing we have control over, regardless of what some of the armchair owners and coaches think. Its fun to speculate!

Keep the posts coming. Its great to hear all the thoughts on who we should fire, hire, draft, release, trade for, etc. I love it! What I do not have a stomach for is the personal asassinations and rumor mongering.

I remember the days of not having a football team here in Baltimore and that was not a pleasant time. I have also lived through the many years of losing with the O's.

Lets count our blessings! Go Ravens!

#14 GO_Ravens

GO_Ravens

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

The man hold the ball because he always want to make a play and you can't blame him for that but he has to be more mobile in the pocket for sure.

#15 BloodyKnuckles27

BloodyKnuckles27

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

oh BmoreB -
***The bottom line, our O line sucks. Until that gets fixed, I don't care who your QB, you're going to have the strips/fumbles.**

that too.

Its Flaccos job to check that line and get that ball off quick when he see the obvious blitz coming.

#16 Valid1

Valid1

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

@Bohica5 Any job that requires a masters or graduate degree.
Quarter back is by far the most difficult position to play, and while Joe does need to improve his pocket awareness its called the blindside for a reason. Oher does not have the tools to beat any team's best pass rusher.

#17 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

fix the o-line and quicker plays likes slants and screens will reduce the turnovers.

#18 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,476 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

enough with sending every receiver deep on every passing play. takes too long to develop especially with the way the line has been blocking

#19 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm with you @btfan2.
I said the same thing in an earlier post.
Joe has had several QB coaches in his corner and some with some real credentials. At some point (I;m not saying it's now), you have to start looking at the student.
I do think that is what the FO is doing now.
I bet Caldwell hands over the entire O to Joe and let him show what he can do with all this knowledge he has been given over the last 5 years.
Joe is a huge hit on our salary as is any QB and the Ravens want to be sure of what that value is and now, they have taken one part out of the equation, Cam.
I think Cam's firing also had to do with the fact that 90% of the fans were calling for his head and that's just not good for business.
I think we're seeing a little more of "Biscotti's" input in our team these days too and is why the "feel" is different this year.
I wonder how this will all play out. The game has changed from a "Game" to a huge money making business and it shows. I'm not all that certain it's good for the game at all but then again, I'm an old school guy :-)

#20 KidNme

KidNme

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm with some of you that our O line, particularly Oher and now, maybe Birk, is a good reason Joe has so many stripped balls this year but then again, if WE all know that Oher can't cover the blind side all game long, you think the guy who is getting smacked because of it, would be a little more apprehensive to stand there like a statue, without ever looking back a little after about 3 seconds pass by. How long does he think he has anyways?
At some time, you should start getting "happy feet in the pocket because you know NO ONE can hold a block forever, even if you don't have eyes in the back of your head!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users