Photo

[News] Late For Work 12/12: With Cam Cameron Out, Joe Flacco Set To Play Moneyball

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Four ways to 'fix' offense. Tough decision with Boldin. Cam declines interview. Rankings.

View the full article

#2 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Joe needs to beat the remaining schedule and that will go along way to helping his case . I would hate to see Q leave Baltimore he is a solid player who contributes in allot of ways .

Edited by llwillow1231, 12 December 2012 - 09:45 AM.

#3 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

give the keys to offense to joe and let him earn his contract, we will see what he can do these last few games

#4 Purple nd Black

Purple nd Black

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Use Boldin ONLY in the slot. Jacoby and Torrey on the Outside. Torrey has grown a lot. I believe he is ready to be our #1. I also wanna see Doss and Laquan a lot more. They both have great hands.

#5 Tyrone Jones

Tyrone Jones

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

More short passes

#6 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

I been saying we won't know Flacco's worth until we let go the guy everyone blames. These next 3 games is only 30% of making a statement. Flacco's real statement will be made during our road playoff games. Can he win on the road in the playoffs with good performances and not low QB ratings like before.

I hate to hear this about Boldin, because my team, this team is where receivers come to die. Boldin is a beast and better than most receivers in the league, maybe not the fastest but the most reliable. Boldin is the elite-st WR we have.

#7 steelraven

steelraven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

The Ravens need to draft Glennon from NC State,if Joe can't get the job done, that's if he's still available. He's tall with a big arm. The Ravens have the offensive players in place as far as a running back and Wide Receivers and Tight ends.

#8 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

I hope the answer isn't: I never thought about that.

Edited by Hardhitters, 12 December 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#9 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Ravens waited too long to make changes. Waste of good talent for at least 2 years. Difference of good team vs great team. Rebuild the team or end up looking like a has-been.

#10 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

Flacco isn't going to another team or being replaced, it's simply how much is he worth. If we wanted to try to win with someone else Bulger would have started and possible Ray and Reed would be retired because of superbowl rings.

#11 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol-ed, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

I saw an interview when he first came to the ravens he looked up to Tom Brady was a huge fan . he also stated he respected Peyton and could only hope to play as well as he did

Edited by llwillow1231, 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#12 ravenscavecreek

ravenscavecreek

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

talk of getting rid of Boldin is ridiculous. he is still a stud receiver. would be a big mistake.

#13 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

@llwillow1231

Thanks, now you mentioned that I think I remember, I feel a little better.

#14 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

More short passes

Pure genius! :)

#15 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Was Boldin offensive system in Arizona a west coast style? Kurt Warner worked miracles throwing that ball on time.

We have the next generation "greatest show on turf" here. Rice is the closest the NFL has come to seeing Marshall Faulk again and etc....

Edited by Hardhitters, 12 December 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#16 Purpleghost23

Purpleghost23

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Peyton Manning owns the Ravens. After two losses to start his career, Manning has not lost to the Ravens in eight games since 2002. Among those eight wins, two were in the playoffs, five were by double-digits and he was only sacked a total of 10 times. hope we can change this record this sunday Go Ravens!!!

Edited by Purpleghost23, 12 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#17 steeler hater

steeler hater

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol-ed, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

Well, he said, in essence, that he was a fan of Brady and respected Peyton Manning. What else do you need to know?

#18 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,907 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

It feels like this team is at a crossroads.

We don't know where we really are going to end up regarding Flacco and we have the pillars of our franchise in Lewis and Reed set to retire.

The dream of getting that super bowl that galvanizes our trust in Flacco and allows our HOF defenders to go out on top is looking increasingly dim, but there is still hope. Trying to keep the faith.

#19 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

@steeler hater

Well since you put it that way, I need to know if he'll be playing the way he do now for 10 years or advancing his game intelligence like the 2 elites mentioned.

They're some intelligent Quarterbacks would you said.

Edited by Hardhitters, 12 December 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#20 CapoRocky

CapoRocky

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,187 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Flacco surely has had his ups and downs over the past several years. He sometimes goes through games where he can't complete a series of passes throwing the ball either too high or not far enough for Smith. There is the on-going issue with tunnel vision and lack of pocket awareness that costs us a sack or two every game. We can't blame everything on the line. I see him getting a decent contract in the offseason and remaining our QB for another 5 years, so now is the time to prove us skeptics and the other critics out there wrong. We are still behind you, Joe!

On a side note, I think that drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round isn't a bad idea. Competition will only make Flacco try harder in training camp. Taylor isn't the guy, and like the previous backup (Smith) before him, will be gone as soon as we draft a decent backup. This was obvious when Painter almost beat him out of a job this summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users