Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Late For Work 12/12: With Cam Cameron Out, Joe Flacco Set To Play Moneyball

97 posts in this topic

Four ways to 'fix' offense. Tough decision with Boldin. Cam declines interview. Rankings.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Late-For-Work-1212-With-Cam-Cameron-Out-Joe-Flacco-Set-To-Play-Moneyball/adcdeb84-23ec-4161-9a8b-4f4bc7e9e5d6]View the full article[/url]

Joe needs to beat the remaining schedule and that will go along way to helping his case . I would hate to see Q leave Baltimore he is a solid player who contributes in allot of ways .

Use Boldin ONLY in the slot. Jacoby and Torrey on the Outside. Torrey has grown a lot. I believe he is ready to be our #1. I also wanna see Doss and Laquan a lot more. They both have great hands.

I been saying we won't know Flacco's worth until we let go the guy everyone blames. These next 3 games is only 30% of making a statement. Flacco's real statement will be made during our road playoff games. Can he win on the road in the playoffs with good performances and not low QB ratings like before.

I hate to hear this about Boldin, because my team, this team is where receivers come to die. Boldin is a beast and better than most receivers in the league, maybe not the fastest but the most reliable. Boldin is the elite-st WR we have.

The Ravens need to draft Glennon from NC State,if Joe can't get the job done, that's if he's still available. He's tall with a big arm. The Ravens have the offensive players in place as far as a running back and Wide Receivers and Tight ends.

I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

I hope the answer isn't: I never thought about that.

Ravens waited too long to make changes. Waste of good talent for at least 2 years. Difference of good team vs great team. Rebuild the team or end up looking like a has-been.

Flacco isn't going to another team or being replaced, it's simply how much is he worth. If we wanted to try to win with someone else Bulger would have started and possible Ray and Reed would be retired because of superbowl rings.

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1355324593' post='1258981']
I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol-ed, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

[/quote] I saw an interview when he first came to the ravens he looked up to Tom Brady was a huge fan . he also stated he respected Peyton and could only hope to play as well as he did

[quote name='Tyrone Jones' timestamp='1355323949' post='1258976']
More short passes
[/quote]
Pure genius! :)

Was Boldin offensive system in Arizona a west coast style? Kurt Warner worked miracles throwing that ball on time.

We have the next generation "greatest show on turf" here. Rice is the closest the NFL has come to seeing Marshall Faulk again and etc....

Peyton Manning owns the Ravens. After two losses to start his career, Manning has not lost to the Ravens in eight games since 2002. Among those eight wins, two were in the playoffs, five were by double-digits and he was only sacked a total of 10 times. hope we can change this record this sunday Go Ravens!!!

[quote name='Hardhitters' timestamp='1355324593' post='1258981']
I would like to know who was Flacco's favorite team before entering the NFL, what players did/do he idol-ed, who did he look up to and compare his self to in the NFL. That would give me a feel for where he sees his self going and becoming.

[/quote]Well, he said, in essence, that he was a fan of Brady and respected Peyton Manning. What else do you need to know?

It feels like this team is at a crossroads.

We don't know where we really are going to end up regarding Flacco and we have the pillars of our franchise in Lewis and Reed set to retire.

The dream of getting that super bowl that galvanizes our trust in Flacco and allows our HOF defenders to go out on top is looking increasingly dim, but there is still hope. Trying to keep the faith.

@steeler hater

Well since you put it that way, I need to know if he'll be playing the way he do now for 10 years or advancing his game intelligence like the 2 elites mentioned.

They're some intelligent Quarterbacks would you said.

Flacco surely has had his ups and downs over the past several years. He sometimes goes through games where he can't complete a series of passes throwing the ball either too high or not far enough for Smith. There is the on-going issue with tunnel vision and lack of pocket awareness that costs us a sack or two every game. We can't blame everything on the line. I see him getting a decent contract in the offseason and remaining our QB for another 5 years, so now is the time to prove us skeptics and the other critics out there wrong. We are still behind you, Joe!

On a side note, I think that drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th round isn't a bad idea. Competition will only make Flacco try harder in training camp. Taylor isn't the guy, and like the previous backup (Smith) before him, will be gone as soon as we draft a decent backup. This was obvious when Painter almost beat him out of a job this summer.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 12, 2012 - Quotes unnamed source with no credit, infringes copyrights · Report post

I read this and don't get to crazy because it is written by someone who is just throwing out an opinion.

So Joe's future depends on beating Peton Manning and bother Eli with a 25th ranked "D", and an OC who has NEVER called a play in the NFL, ever. P l e a s e !! Stop being ridiculous!!

Sunday will be pure chaos. It will be so kool when Caldwell calls his very first play in the NFL. Maybe the chaos will unsettle Peton for oh lets say 45 seconds. Our "D" should have him shaking in his shoes.

Any sensable person knows it will take some measure of time to settle in, maybe we get lucky and get underestimated, maybe.

But; to say Joe's future depends on three games with a new coordinator and a lousy "D" is an insult to the Ravens management the team and Joe.

What bothers me more is Bolton, man we can not let him go, that's just nuts. We shot out selves in the foot with Mason. Nobody can tell me that Mason would have allowed that ball to be stripped in the end zone last year.

Lets cut all the carzy and get down to just playing football..

Two things need to happen for us on Sunday: 1) We need to limit Peyton Manning as much as possible and get our offense in full drive. 2) IF we avoid a 3 game losing streak, then not only do we clinch the AFC North and a playoff spot but we also help the Colts clinch that No. 5 seed in the Wild Card Race(according to NFL.com).

Torrey Smith should not become the number 1 option as a receiver. His speed is unquestionable but his ability to go-to-the-ball is sadly lacking. I've seen a number of times when his timing was so bad, he missed catching a pass that was in his wheelhouse. He generates so much body momentum to outrun defenders that he can't adjust 6 inches to reach a catchable pass. This will all come with experience but at this moment in time, our go-to-guys are Boldin and Pitta.

If letting Cam Cameron go was a show of where the Ravens were heaping the blame for the mediocre offense then Flacco will, and should, have more than the next 3 games to prove himself. Jim Caldwell is not going to do anything dramatic to change this offense. The idea is more geared towards creating a harmonious relationship amongst the coaching staff and players than a tactical Xs and Os overhaul. The objective, I think, is to get the most out of what is presently in the building; something like "Joe, Ray, Q, Smith, what do you guys like most in this offensive package, what can you be most successful doing?"

I say that we must keep Boldin for another year until his contract is up. That will give us time to evaluate whether or not Doss is a viable replacement or if we need to draft someone again.

You know if the decision was based on this year's performance, I would argue that Dean Pees should've gone first. Despite injuries, when the defense was at it's healthiest it was performing worse. Cam just needed to go because the offense hadn't progressed since he came in.

Tired of hearing how we got beat by 2 back up QB's. Batch simply beat us. He came out passing and we never saw it coming. He had a great game.
But Cousins just caught us off guard. It was a hurried final couple minutes and Pees thought they would play it safe and run. They didnt. Then he never saw the QB option coming on the 2 pt. They were good calls by WAS. Can any of you actually say you saw that coming?
Sad thing is we had RGIII figured our and I didnt see him winning that game. Also no way Cousins wins a full 60 minute game against us. It was a perfect storm of the 2.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 12, 2012 - Taken care of · Report post

[quote name='btfan2' timestamp='1355326004' post='1259006']
I read this and don't get to crazy because it is written by someone who is just throwing out an opinion.

So Joe's future depends on beating Peton Manning and bother Eli with a 25th ranked "D", and an OC who has NEVER called a play in the NFL, ever. P l e a s e !! Stop being ridiculous!!

Sunday will be pure chaos. It will be so kool when Caldwell calls his very first play in the NFL. Maybe the chaos will unsettle Peton for oh lets say 45 seconds. Our "D" should have him shaking in his shoes.

Any sensable person knows it will take some measure of time to settle in, maybe we get lucky and get underestimated, maybe.

But; to say Joe's future depends on three games with a new coordinator and a lousy "D" is an insult to the Ravens management the team and Joe.

What bothers me more is Bolton, man we can not let him go, that's just nuts. We shot out selves in the foot with Mason. Nobody can tell me that Mason would have allowed that ball to be stripped in the end zone last year.

Lets cut all the carzy and get down to just playing football..
[/quote] maybe you should quote the post that said joes future depends on beating eli and peyton. None of the post i read say that . My personal opinion is if cam was the issue he was holding Joe back then there is nothing stopping him. thats what these threads are all about ppl voicing there opinion but perhaps it is better to read the post first before going on a rant calling ppl names and then loking foolish when no one said anything near what you claim

[quote name='biggytuffy' timestamp='1355326338' post='1259011']
Torrey Smith should not become the number 1 option as a receiver. His speed is unquestionable but his ability to go-to-the-ball is sadly lacking. I've seen a number of times when his timing was so bad, he missed catching a pass that was in his wheelhouse. He generates so much body momentum to outrun defenders that he can't adjust 6 inches to reach a catchable pass. This will all come with experience but at this moment in time, our go-to-guys are Boldin and Pitta.
[/quote]

I agree. Right now he's not good enough to be number one. He has to learn that "Go Get It" mentality on the field. I honestly think that he just needs to toughen up a lil more out there. He's good on short yardage but plays but a lil soft on the deep contested balls. He's probably so used to being the fastest in life and being so wide open that now its really hitting him that he has to fight for everything. He just needs to learn some slight hesitations and stutters hear and there to get more separation and he will ok. Also hey could go old school like we used to do as kids to learn to catch with his hands better. We use to keep our hands behind our back as a ball was thrown fast at our face or other parts of the body. We could only release our hands at the last minute to catch the ball or we get hit. That will force him to catch with his hands lol. That drill worked more than any other drill because you dont wanna get hit in the face. Torrey will be a force when he gets more aggressive.