Photo

Tackling, Blocking, Covering, Catching, Penalties....Not Cam!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gashman

Gashman

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hello!

Now that Cam is out, I want to see if Harbs can get control of this undisciplined team to do their jobs.

No more excuses or coach speak, it's time to put up or shut up!

Who wants a ring?

#2 Greatness

Greatness

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 PM

But 3rd and 2, 9-route to Smith, Pitta, Boldin was his fault. :268213:

I want a ring, but I can't have my defense get marched up the field on. Or 3-man lines on a 2-point conversion on the 2 yard line. And my Head Coach can't have terrible clock management, challenge ability and in-game adjustments.

But yeah, let's go get a ring!

8Rbm3.png
"The Flacco does not believe in miracles, miracles believe in him" - Flynismo

#3 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,093 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Some of those things could be ironed out with this move i.e. I'm assuming Caldwell will not call so many ridiculous and unnecessary deep routes, meaning the balls will be easier for the receivers to catch. Also him not being a control freak means that, giving Joe more freedom it will cut down on communication problems and lead to fewer false starts. Shorter routes should also mean the offensive line won't have to do as much work as in Cam's "deep, deep, deep some more" offense. As far as coverage schemes, hopefully a more controlled offense will lead to a less tired defense. The run defense, however, they definitely need to figure something out, and soon - a team that once prided itself on not being able to remember the last time they gave up a hundred-yard rusher has now fallen to something like 25th in rushing defense, after a top 5 showing last year.

#4 redrum52

redrum52

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:10 AM

There firing of Cam should effectively help the whole team. The offense was visibly frustrated. If the offense sustains drives the defense gets needed rest. If they can sustain drives and put up points the defense gets rests and is allowed to pressure. When our defense is allowed to pressure with rest good things happen. It seems very rare that all units are in sync and going together. I think getting rid of Cam will make the offense happy in turn helping out the defense and the st has been good all year. If we can start to click from here on out even if we lose to Denver (make it respectable) but snag the next 2 we're in good shape. An crucial game will be Cincinnati. If we can go there and perform on offense that will be very telling about what we can accomplish in the playoffs cause that will be the type of atmosphere. I'm just going to sit back and try to enjoy these next few weeks.

Edited by redrum52, 12 December 2012 - 12:11 AM.

#5 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

There are already enough Cam,Harbs,Flacco, who's fault threads. Chose one and post there
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users