Ravens Schedule Coming Wednesday!

The Ravens will announce their 2014 regular season schedule on Wednesday, April 23rd at 8:00 pm ET.
Close

Photo

Larger Issue behind Cam Firing?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I was reading the rumor post http://www.baltimore...ef-75e0d2b5b4bd

and it seems like these guys are on to something. Think about it. We bring in Jim Zorn just two years after moderate progression with Flacco. Flacco and Zorn form a good relationship which Cam supposedly dislikes and Zorn is fired the next year.

When Zorn was fired it was the first time we heard Flacco really speak out. I'm sure this widened the rift with Cam Cameron. Has there been this underlying dislike towards Cam by much of the players and coaching staff this long? I think it's very possible.

I have yet to see a tweet by a player wishing Cam good luck or someone who seemed surprised other than Suggs. Everyone seems to have moved on pretty fast and isn't looking back.

Edited by dhstandard, 11 December 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#2 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

It seems like there has always been dislike for Cam from the offense, especially from Flacco.

After all, how can you like the guy who holds the key to your handcuffs?

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

-Detroit Lions GM-

#3 The Raven

The Raven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,148 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I was reading the rumor post http://www.baltimore...ef-75e0d2b5b4bd

and it seems like these guys are on to something. Think about it. We bring in Jim Zorn just two years after moderate progression with Flacco. Flacco and Zorn get a good relationship and which Cam supposedly dislikes and Zorn is fired the next year.

When Zorn was fired it was the first time we heard Flacco really speak out. I'm sure this widened the rift with Cam Cameron. Has there been this underlying dislike towards Cam by much of the players and coaching staff this long? I think it's very possible.

I have yet to see a tweet by a player wishing Cam good luck or someone who seemed surprised other than Suggs. Everyone seems to have moved on pretty fast and isn't looking back.

It had been rumored for a while that the players do not get along with Cam Cameron. It was most evident in Joe, going back to a shouting match with Cam a few years ago.

Had no idea he didn't get along with coaches either!

#4 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

It had been rumored for a while that the players do not get along with Cam Cameron. It was most evident in Joe, going back to a shouting match with Cam a few years ago.

Had no idea he didn't get along with coaches either!

Others players have since come out and said Cam thinks everything he says is right. Willie Anderson and Daniel Wilcox to name a few.

Edited by bauer77, 11 December 2012 - 05:15 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#5 RavensFanInCA

RavensFanInCA

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Ray Rice wished him luck. I'm sure our players are being asked to keep things tight lipped.

“I thought he was a great coach and he’s done a lot for me the last few years,” Rice said. “I don’t know the pressure of being an offensive coordinator, but I do know the pressure to win, and we’ve done a lot of winning over the last few years with him. I’m sure he’ll get a job elsewhere. I definitely wish the guy the best in his career.”

from http://www.baltimore...20-f876046a1b67

#6 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Others players have since come out and said Cam thinks everything he says is right. Willie Anderson and Daniel Wilcox to name a few.

Cam is hardheaded and never thought he was wrong. Im guessing it was a my way or the highway philosophy .
I doubt IMO if he listened to his players much and from the argument with Harbs on Sunday,he maybe wasn't listening to him either.

Good riddance .I guarantee you Caldwell already has more respect in less then a year from his players then Cam
had in five .

#7 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ray Rice wished him luck. I'm sure our players are being asked to keep things tight lipped.

from http://www.baltimore...20-f876046a1b67

But Ray Rice was also the same one fuming after the Redskins game and he has said numerous times about not being able to finish games and giving up points. I think we know what he really means by that.

#8 hawkprey

hawkprey

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,909 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's been so obvious this year that Joe gets frustrated with the offense and with Cam whenever they take control away from him. He wants to go no-huddle. And from the behind the bench videos I've seen over the last two years, the players have to constantly come up to Cam and tell him what he's doing wrong because Cam doesn't see it.

#9 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:40 PM

Cam was a control freak, Flacco wants to run more no huddle and audibles but Cam does whatever Cam wants!
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#10 woodson2000

woodson2000

Practice Squad

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Time will tell all! Is Flacco in the top 5 now that Cam gone?????? We will see. Sometimes the grass is no greener,just asks the Squeelers, who had been crying for Arians head for years,is there O any better without him,3 first downs in the first half with the Chargers says NO!!!! Food for thought.

#11 mhead66

mhead66

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

It seems like Joe got along well with Hue Jackson, Jim Zorn and Jim Caldwell, so apparently it's not Flacco that is the personality problem here. I suspect there was a little more tension between Flacco and Cam then anyone's admitting.

But, like Mike Preston said, it's all on Flacco now - he doesn't have anyone left to blame, if he doesn't prosper now...

#12 SecretAgentMan

SecretAgentMan

Bond, James Bond. 007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,610 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

Time will tell all! Is Flacco in the top 5 now that Cam gone?????? We will see. Sometimes the grass is no greener,just asks the Squeelers, who had been crying for Arians head for years,is there O any better without him,3 first downs in the first half with the Chargers says NO!!!! Food for thought.

Well, to be fair, ben is a pompous moron while Todd Haley is really creepy! And Ben is elite (though his SBs have nothing to do with him, he was just their to throw the ball)

#13 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

It seems like Joe got along well with Hue Jackson, Jim Zorn and Jim Caldwell, so apparently it's not Flacco that is the personality problem here. I suspect there was a little more tension between Flacco and Cam then anyone's admitting.

But, like Mike Preston said, it's all on Flacco now - he doesn't have anyone left to blame, if he doesn't prosper now...

Prosper this year or next? If all things stay the same from last year to this year, does it really say anything about Joe? Flacco is averaging over 300yds and 2TDs at home this year. With 2 of the next 3 games at home and the no huddle probably being featured heavily, would it really speak favorably of Flacco if he comes out and marches up and down the field on the Broncos and Giants?

I think this Cam thing was a long time coming and guys like myself took long to see the writing on the wall. I do think Flacco has been held back by Cam, but i think people are putting too much into the whole, now the pressure falls on Flacco thing, at least for the remainder of this year. Now starting next year, yes because he'll be in his 6 year and the offense will be catered to fit him.
However, i expect nothing different from Flacco this year. I expect him to put up big number at home the next 2 weeks.
Posted Image

#14 HomeoftheBRAVENS

HomeoftheBRAVENS

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

Well, to be fair, ben is a pompous moron while Todd Haley is really creepy! And Ben is elite (though his SBs have nothing to do with him, he was just their to throw the ball)

Ben isnt elite,hes just really good.The elite qbs are Brady,Rodgers,Manning and Brees.Roethlisberger and Eli are a step below that.

#15 Ravenslifer

Ravenslifer

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,094 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

There are a LOT of reasons that Cam could/should have been fired.

1) the clear friction with several players, including Joe

2) the strange game plans

3) the lack of adjustments

4) according to Jaws, a big reason was his refusal to use modern offensive tactics i.e. route-running concepts, etc.

5) and finally, sometimes offenses just stagnate, or really any side of the ball just stagnates, after hearing the same voice for too long. Ultimately I think that's what did Billick in, his losing control over the locker room and his inability to inspire confidence in many of the players. Like I said, Cam did good things here, helped this offense as much as he could (up until last year, I'd say), but now it's time to incorporate new strategies, use our players to the best of their abilities, and take this offense to the next level in the coming seasons.

#16 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Let's not forget the time Harbs stopped an apparent 'mutiny' in the locker room. I highly doubt that Cam wasn't a topic of discussion there. I'm assuming it was a kind of 'be-nice-to-him-because-coach-says-too' thing.

#17 dhstandard

dhstandard

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Steelers have a much bigger problem though. Ben liked Arians and Todd Haley isn't exactly a top OC. They also have even worse offensive line issues with their top 2 picks going to waste and a ton of injuries on the line. There receivers also are pretty bad with Mike Wallace showing the least effort on the field of any player I have ever seen. He literally won't run after catchable balls just because he's lazy.

Remember our first game against them this year when he caught the ball in the end zone but didn't get his second foot down. He could have easily done so but showed no effort.

Edited by dhstandard, 11 December 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#18 K-Dog

K-Dog

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

How long before we REALLY see a difference ?
Sunday?
next week ?
Final regular season game ?

If there is one, a post season?

No significant change until next year?
K-Dog

"Animals want to learn how to talk so they can hang out with me." Ray Lewis

#19 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

It's been so obvious this year that Joe gets frustrated with the offense and with Cam whenever they take control away from him. He wants to go no-huddle. And from the behind the bench videos I've seen over the last two years, the players have to constantly come up to Cam and tell him what he's doing wrong because Cam doesn't see it.

that is true , i saw that behind the bench video, where boldin was telling CAM to "give me some over the middle", i think it was vs SD

#20 omar586

omar586

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

There are a LOT of reasons that Cam could/should have been fired.

1) the clear friction with several players, including Joe

2) the strange game plans

3) the lack of adjustments

4) according to Jaws, a big reason was his refusal to use modern offensive tactics i.e. route-running concepts, etc.

5) and finally, sometimes offenses just stagnate, or really any side of the ball just stagnates, after hearing the same voice for too long. Ultimately I think that's what did Billick in, his losing control over the locker room and his inability to inspire confidence in many of the players. Like I said, Cam did good things here, helped this offense as much as he could (up until last year, I'd say), but now it's time to incorporate new strategies, use our players to the best of their abilities, and take this offense to the next level in the coming seasons.

agree, especially in game adjustments, none.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users