Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bauer77

Asa Jackson Suspended 4 games

32 posts in this topic

CB Asa Jackson has been suspended 4 games for violating the league's PED policy. According to the Baltimore Ravens official twitter account.

I believe he's been active the last 2-3 games, and was mainly playing special teams. But not a good time for this, as we aren't sure if Jimmy will be back yet, and i was disappointed in Chris Johnson sunday.

Wow. I hope it was something stupid that he didn't realize he was taking. We have better corners though and I didn't see anything outstanding on special teams.

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1355261965' post='1258337']
Makes the roster move to get Ray back easier now.
[/quote]

True. But if Jimmy is still injured (no word on this yet i believe?), we lose some depth.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1355262057' post='1258340']
True. But if Jimmy is still injured (no word on this yet i believe?), we lose some depth.
[/quote]

Also true. Jackson was playing primarily on ST anyway. I don't think they really viewed him as a viable CB for this year.

Come on man!
That's what I don't get. They get paid all this money, and all they have to do is stay out of trouble. And so many can't even do that. smh

[quote name='rmw10' timestamp='1355264701' post='1258408']
Aaron Wilson just confirmed it was for Adderall.
[/quote]

-_- this is everyone's excuse now.

Everyone thinks they can get away with using adderall because its for ADHD, but when you do not have ADHD it gives you a major pep in your step.

[quote name='bauer77' timestamp='1355261727' post='1258329']
CB Asa Jackson has been suspended 4 games for violating the league's PED policy. According to the Baltimore Ravens official twitter account.

I believe he's been active the last 2-3 games, and was mainly playing special teams. But not a good time for this, as we aren't sure if Jimmy will be back yet, and i was disappointed in Chris Johnson sunday.
[/quote]
This kind of stuff drives me nuts, these guys know the damn rules. No excuses, follow the rules - PERIOD!

Knucklehead... we didn't need to lose depth now, with Smith & Webb out and Reed one tackle away from an injury. Yes, he's not ready to play CB, but he'd be an emergency fill-in, at CB or Safety.

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1355264628' post='1258406']
Barely played and gets busted for PEDs? C'mon, Asa...
[/quote]

DavidReed of the Defense?

[quote name='berad' timestamp='1355264628' post='1258406']
Barely played and gets busted for PEDs? C'mon, Asa...
[/quote]
Was he really going to play anyway? Still shame on you Asa Jackson... If Jimmy Smith were to leave town we would fall!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CXiWSUZd_0[/media]

If Jimmy returns, we are fine. Cary-Jimmy-Graham-Brown-Johnson is a good secondary still. If no Jimmy, I expect them to take a look into whats left of FA for just a ST player

Good way to keep a job Asa.
We have a paper thin roster and you just worked your self right off of it.

No hurt feelings if he never wears a Ravens uniform ever again.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1355278077' post='1258659']

[b]No hurt feelings if he never wears a Ravens uniform ever again[/b].
[/quote]

Well that was quick.

[quote name='K-Dog' timestamp='1355278077' post='1258659']

No hurt feelings if he never wears a Ravens uniform ever again.
[/quote]

Aren't you always the "everyone deserves a second chance" guy? What gives?

Omar Brown has been moved up and I kind of liked him better anyway.

Good luck Omar! Earn yourself a permanent spot!

First off, its not really even a PED. It just makes you focus more and helps you get less distracted. I could see it being very usefull for film study and going over the playbook.

He may also have ADHD and needs to take it to stay functional. See how Zero tollerance policies work? they don't and innocent people suffer as a result.

Its the number 1 recreational drug of college students durring finals week for this reason.

Its laughable and completley insane that it carrys the same penalty as Test / Anaobolics/ Crack and Herion. Not even the same ballpark.

[quote name='nk02442' timestamp='1355448125' post='1260580']
First off, its not really even a PED. It just makes you focus more and helps you get less distracted. I could see it being very usefull for film study and going over the playbook.

He may also have ADHD and needs to take it to stay functional. See how Zero tollerance policies work? they don't and innocent people suffer as a result.

Its the number 1 recreational drug of college students durring finals week for this reason.

Its laughable and completley insane that it carrys the same penalty as Test / Anaobolics/ Crack and Herion. Not even the same ballpark.
[/quote]

It only has that effect on you if you have ADD or ADHD, otherwise it has the opposite effect. Adderall is a stimulant, not a depressant. Its an amphetamine.
Its popular with collage students not because it helps them focus, that has nothing to do with it. Its because they can pull all nighters with these drugs.