68 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

The fifth-year running back doesn't expect a drastic change in the offense or run-pass balance.

View the full article

#2 Yum Chickens

Yum Chickens

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Wasn't there reports Rice was mad about the game Sunday? Do we know if he was mad at Cameron?

#3 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,372 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:43 PM

Can this please be the last story about Cam Cameron, he's Gone!! Finally. Lets move on, he's now in the past.

#4 Kamui (Pron. Cam ~ We )

Kamui (Pron. Cam ~ We )

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Double R, speaks the Truth.

#5 ravenwildman

ravenwildman

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

OK, everyone in the Ravens organization knows specifically why Cameron was let go. Nobody releases a OC with three games left and a 9-4 record heading towards the playoffs without a substantial reason.

But....everyone has the class to not drag around mud about who, what, why, and where of it all. So, let it go.

It's not important the "whys" or "whos", what IS important now is what can the Ravens do to maximize the chances of winning a Superbowl?

Too much distraction! Let's focus on Denver!

GO RAVENS!

#6 Ravensfolyfe

Ravensfolyfe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

We'll spoken Ray,speaking up and taking that leadership role on offense is what we need from the o unit.

#7 balfan23

balfan23

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,405 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Can this please be the last story about Cam Cameron, he's Gone!! Finally. Lets move on, he's now in the past.

I wouldn't count on it. The official announcement came but 24 hours ago. What has happened is virtually unprecedented, for a playoff team to can a coordinator in week 14 of the season. Dismissing Cam has been a topic people on these boards have been discussing for nearly 2 years. Now that it has happened, it is going to be the focus for some time to come.

I expect you'll be hearing about it for the rest of the season as we see how this move "plays out" and into the off-season as it is discussed how the offense flowed with Caldwell in charge and whether we should retain his services or look elsewhere for a fresh approach.

#8 Ngata Chance

Ngata Chance

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Well done for not throwing Cam under the bus, Rice. Very professional. My hat's off to you.

#9 johnmike72

johnmike72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

One thing a classy professional does, is what Ray Rice and others on this team will say pertaining to Cam, and we shouldn't expect anything different. But behind closed doors obviously other things are and have been said. Its are job as fans to do the BASHING when it needs to be done, and thankfully Harbs and the Org. finally said enough is enough.

#10 drillem

drillem

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

I guess my thought is if Caldwell was going to make changes would he tell everybody about it or just go out and surprise opponents? I think, too that part of football is psyching your opponent each week and keep them guessing. What's more if he uses the same schemes and actually is able to get the players (qb & receivers) on the same page more often that is a huge difference. I think this team has the talent to be as high scoring as the Patriots but has been held back by lack of preperation/coaching. Say what you will, but changes in high places tend to motivate the staff in more ways than one.

#11 Militant X 1

Militant X 1

"Raven Renegade757"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

nice article! great hearing Rice's views and expectation about Caldwell taking over asthe O.C. there is something new and fresh in the air. change is never easy but change is necessary! i can't wait to see what our offense will become beginning on Sunday. let's goooo!

~Mili

#12 a 31fan

a 31fan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

I love Rice, love what he's done for this team over the years, but this not askin for more touches thing just bothers me. Its meant to induce thoughts of how selfless and noble, but all I can think is the exact opposite. If my boss paid me millions to stand around and do nothing, yeh, I wouldnt complain either. You're the third highest paid running back in NFL history!!!.....you need to be involved, period.

#13 JacktheRaven

JacktheRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't like to hear Caldwell getting too much credit for Manning. Any OC will look like the best with him. Let's not expect Joe to be the next Manning.

#14 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:21 PM

class act rice. i wish cam the best as well. i think the bigger issue here is our o-line. im sure jim will add slants and work the middle of the field soon enough but none of that will matter if drives are stalled because the line cannot get enough push in short yardage situations or open huge holes for rice leach and pierce and give flacco time to throw. i do agree that we need to cut down on the deep and long routes and focus on time consuming drives. it will take time folks so be patient. go eagles cowboys 49ers colts and ravens!!

#15 ibleedpurpleandblack

ibleedpurpleandblack

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Bottom line - "We eventually have to go and make the plays." Winner's will make the plays and losers will make excuses, make the plays and win!!!!!

Edited by ibleedpurpleandblack, 11 December 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#16 Ravens in The Dena

Ravens in The Dena

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

W.I.N. Whats Important Now! Lets get better and make this SB run happen. Go Ravens

#17 The Greek

The Greek

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

i hope caldwell works in some roll out quick passes on 3rd downs to help flacco not get blind sided especially when we are on our side of the 50 yd. line. quick screens to smith and jones with pitta dickson and boldin blocking. some creativity would be nice. good luck jim i think we are going to be in good hands with you.

#18 mettro79

mettro79

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Once again Ray Rice shows how he's a stand up guy.

#19 Hardhitters

Hardhitters

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

Why would Rice say to the public give me more carries when he can just ask Caldwell if he's been watching Ray Rice highlights lately...

#20 Bruce_Almty

Bruce_Almty

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Ray didn't just play football at Rutgers. Good answer Ray.

Go Ravens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users