Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Ray Rice Reacts To Offensive Coordinator Change

92 posts in this topic

The fifth-year running back doesn't expect a drastic change in the offense or run-pass balance.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ray-Rice-Reacts-To-Offensive-Coordinator-Change/d5e2dece-6f9b-4087-9320-f876046a1b67]View the full article[/url]

Can this please be the last story about Cam Cameron, he's Gone!! Finally. Lets move on, he's now in the past.

OK, everyone in the Ravens organization knows specifically why Cameron was let go. Nobody releases a OC with three games left and a 9-4 record heading towards the playoffs without a substantial reason.

But....everyone has the class to not drag around mud about who, what, why, and where of it all. So, let it go.

It's not important the "whys" or "whos", what IS important now is what can the Ravens do to maximize the chances of winning a Superbowl?

Too much distraction! Let's focus on Denver!

GO RAVENS!

We'll spoken Ray,speaking up and taking that leadership role on offense is what we need from the o unit.

[quote name='Zeus' timestamp='1355258601' post='1258270']
Can this please be the last story about Cam Cameron, he's Gone!! Finally. Lets move on, he's now in the past.
[/quote]

I wouldn't count on it. The official announcement came but 24 hours ago. What has happened is virtually unprecedented, for a playoff team to can a coordinator in week 14 of the season. Dismissing Cam has been a topic people on these boards have been discussing for nearly 2 years. Now that it has happened, it is going to be the focus for some time to come.

I expect you'll be hearing about it for the rest of the season as we see how this move "plays out" and into the off-season as it is discussed how the offense flowed with Caldwell in charge and whether we should retain his services or look elsewhere for a fresh approach.

One thing a classy professional does, is what Ray Rice and others on this team will say pertaining to Cam, and we shouldn't expect anything different. But behind closed doors obviously other things are and have been said. Its are job as fans to do the BASHING when it needs to be done, and thankfully Harbs and the Org. finally said enough is enough.

I guess my thought is if Caldwell was going to make changes would he tell everybody about it or just go out and surprise opponents? I think, too that part of football is psyching your opponent each week and keep them guessing. What's more if he uses the same schemes and actually is able to get the players (qb & receivers) on the same page more often that is a huge difference. I think this team has the talent to be as high scoring as the Patriots but has been held back by lack of preperation/coaching. Say what you will, but changes in high places tend to motivate the staff in more ways than one.

nice article! great hearing Rice's views and expectation about Caldwell taking over asthe O.C. there is something new and fresh in the air. change is never easy but change is necessary! i can't wait to see what our offense will become beginning on Sunday. let's goooo!

~Mili

I love Rice, love what he's done for this team over the years, but this not askin for more touches thing just bothers me. Its meant to induce thoughts of how selfless and noble, but all I can think is the exact opposite. If my boss paid me millions to stand around and do nothing, yeh, I wouldnt complain either. You're the third highest paid running back in NFL history!!!.....you need to be involved, period.

I don't like to hear Caldwell getting too much credit for Manning. Any OC will look like the best with him. Let's not expect Joe to be the next Manning.

class act rice. i wish cam the best as well. i think the bigger issue here is our o-line. im sure jim will add slants and work the middle of the field soon enough but none of that will matter if drives are stalled because the line cannot get enough push in short yardage situations or open huge holes for rice leach and pierce and give flacco time to throw. i do agree that we need to cut down on the deep and long routes and focus on time consuming drives. it will take time folks so be patient. go eagles cowboys 49ers colts and ravens!!

Bottom line - "We eventually have to go and make the plays." Winner's will make the plays and losers will make excuses, make the plays and win!!!!!

i hope caldwell works in some roll out quick passes on 3rd downs to help flacco not get blind sided especially when we are on our side of the 50 yd. line. quick screens to smith and jones with pitta dickson and boldin blocking. some creativity would be nice. good luck jim i think we are going to be in good hands with you.

Why would Rice say to the public give me more carries when he can just ask Caldwell if he's been watching Ray Rice highlights lately...

[quote name='mettro79' timestamp='1355262471' post='1258353']
Once again Ray Rice shows how he's a stand up guy.
[/quote]

Pure class . I have never seen Rice say anything disruptive or negative. Nor have I ever hear him turn on the BS-generator and speak without saying anything (though Harbaugh seems to do that enough for the whole organization...).

I'd be in real trouble if had to say anything negative about Rice. And surely not only because I'm a biased Ravens fan...

bio

Just a thought...In the last couple years this is the first time we have lost 2 in a row, the first time we have had 7 starters on D to replace, another new D coordinator and we are still in good shape to win the division. I am not sure what people want but it seems like we have one of the best teams in the league over the last 5 years and still people like to coach from the comfort of the house after the the fact. Enjoy the sport and all that comes with it. Most teams wish they had what we got. Peace Out.

[quote name='mtgpmarshall' timestamp='1355263128' post='1258370']
Just a thought...In the last couple years this is the first time we have lost 2 in a row, the first time we have had 7 starters on D to replace, another new D coordinator and we are still in good shape to win the division. I am not sure what people want but it seems like we have one of the best teams in the league over the last 5 years and still people like to coach from the comfort of the house after the the fact. Enjoy the sport and all that comes with it. Most teams wish they had what we got. Peace Out.
[/quote]

I've been saying throughout the season that we aren't this good because of our coaches, but in spite of them. I still think the main reason behind the fact that we're 9-4 and not, say 5-8 is that we have a very strong roster, full of guys who can decide a close game on their own.

bio

I really would love to see them use Ray more on offense. I think he would have made the difference in the Steelers game. Why not throw a few passes when you have the ball at your own 20 with time on the clock and one time out remaining? I think that it would have been wrong not to complain about it. The botched fumble recovery might have cost us an easy victory. Just a FG instead of the interception on that ill-fated drive would have sealed the deal. One thing is for certain, we have a tough schedule from here on out and no lead is safe anymore with our banged up defense.

Get ready for lots of Ray Rice this Sunday ! Mixed with a little bit of Pierce and about 3 pass plays. :)

[quote name='a 31fan' timestamp='1355264609' post='1258405']
Win or lose, Flacco's here to stay now. They lose...oh, well Caldwell didnt cut it. They win, Flacco's the man...Either way, it'll be the 2nd time he gets the job by default. Only way he can prove he (deserves) the job is by winning the Super Bowl, which the defense aint gonna allow this year. So anyway, here's to four more years of Flacco...[b]may he at least try to learn how to throw a ball away, scramble, stop starrin down recievers, pump fake, ect...[/b]
[/quote]
Joe's got a rocket arm and has gave us some great comeback wins, but he could improve on all those things you mentioned. Hopefully, under Caldwell things will improve. I do hope to see more no-huddle though.

The O line sucks, bottom line. Stick Tom Brady behind our line and see what happens. Anybody see the kind of protection Brady had last night? If Joe had that are anything that resembled what Brady had we're looking at a different outcome this past Sunday.

Cam being fired is the first step. The next is doing something about the O line and D line while we're at it.

Lets "dial" it up, kick it up a notch and roll ! NOW- is the time. Go Ravens!
(PS: If we are going to have any chance of winning this Sunday- we MUST, MUST- apply heat somehow to Manning and / or be able to maintain an offensive shoot-out)

"Like I said, I've never been one to complain about my touches. I've always just understood my role as a playmaker on this team and try to put myself in the best position to make plays."

That's why we love Jr.!

Hey Double R., give me a wink or a small signal that you are "PUMPED" Cam is gone! I wont tell! LOL! Cam will be fine, he got paid!

This is a good week for our offense to remember their assignments. The playbook hasn't changed. I bet Caldwell knows it better than Cam. We will see.

Just a suggestion, throw to the fricken tight ends like all the other top teams do. That will loosen up the backers so Rice can run wild. This is a concept Cam could never figure out.

This is what to expect come sunday:

1. Strong commitment to the run all game long
2. The slant, which has worked so well but so so under utilized

That's it ! And that's all we need for now, but the dummy that we just let go couldn't figure that out.

P.S. I never claimed to be as classy as Ray Rice nor do I care to be regarding this subject. I've never liked Cam Cameron. :)

"Numbers Dont Lie"! Its in black and white! Or we can make a Graph and it will show the Drop Off in Production! Drop Off so Huge, ran out of paper at the bottom! Lol! Offensive coordinators will be lined up for the job or will Caldwell make the best of the opportunity to run the Ravens Offense! Got ALOT of weapons at his disposal! Must be Nice!

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1355259638' post='1258287']

I wouldn't count on it. The official announcement came but 24 hours ago. What has happened is virtually unprecedented, for a playoff team to can a coordinator in week 14 of the season. Dismissing Cam has been a topic people on these boards have been discussing for nearly 2 years. Now that it has happened, it is going to be the focus for some time to come.

I expect you'll be hearing about it for the rest of the season as we see how this move "plays out" and into the off-season as it is discussed how the offense flowed with Caldwell in charge and whether we should retain his services or look elsewhere for a fresh approach.
[/quote]

Billick did it the 06 season with Jim Fassel when the team went 13-3.

As long as we have Ray Rice on our side, our offense always has a chance. He is our main offensive weapon and star at this point. So it is only reasonable to expect him to be the focus of our offense. Anything else heading into the winter months has the potential to backfire.

Unless Joe Flacco can stack at least 3-4 games with consistently good play, it is tough to have our offense go through him passing wise. However, now that Cameron is gone, perhaps we will all find out the true value of Joe Flacco and so will Steve Bisciotti and the front office...

[quote name='redrum52' timestamp='1355277698' post='1258644']
Billick did it the 06 season with Jim Fassel when the team went 13-3.
[/quote]

That was week 7, not week 14.

If you don't like my choice of words when I say it is "unprecidented" - you have to at least admit it's not something you see very often.

The point of my quote of the previous post is ... I think we'll be seeing articles on the topic and will be talking about it for a litle longer than 24 hours.

[quote name='balfan23' timestamp='1355281704' post='1258739']

That was week 7, not week 14.

If you don't like my choice of words when I say it is "unprecidented" - you have to at least admit it's not something you see very often.

The point of my quote of the previous post is ... I think we'll be seeing articles on the topic and will be talking about it for a litle longer than 24 hours.
[/quote]

I get what you're saying. Its not often a team does that with a winning record and the division in your control. Though it's not similar the Pats did pick up McDaniels late in the season I think 2 years ago. Honestly though, hadn't Cam well over stayed his welcome before this point?

Our players are to classy to say what they really think, that is, Cam has cost the team at least 2 games and constantly put undue stress on our defense ,by not trying to be a power team on offense.This is really a clear cut situation IMHO run the ball use the middle of the field, and put the honus on the players, we still have a very good chance to achieve our goals, Steve Biscotti would not have forced this move if the players did'nt have his back!

man...goes to show you how much the pundits know...or watch the Ravens for that matter. Never would have thought that so many would be calling this a move of desperation...

It will feel like the Playoffs this Sunday, indeed. Besides, Balt. feeds off of that excitement. It's sort of like when you get your license to drive a car. Oh, the freedom! Let's make it count, Joe and offense. Defense had better step up too, none of those wide-open receivers in the end zone this week. Peyton will find those guys all game long!

I think the Ravens will step up and handle the game like they need to for the push into the playoffs. I hate how they are geting written off by pundits, outsiders and even other fair-weather Ravens fans, any given Sunday people. When Bmore steps on the field on Sunday ezxspect it to be a fight, If the Raiders played better they would have beat denver a week ago, its not unimaginable for us to seal this deal

BRING BACK HUE JACKSON!!!! HUE-JACK-SON! HUE-JACK-SON! With him as our OC he would build a bully offense that would look like the offensive version of the legendary 2000 Ravens Defense. Look what he did with the raiders offense in 2010 with not much....he offense carried the team and the players that carried the offense were only really two players in mcfadden and jacoby ford until darrius heyward-bey broke out the year following along with rookie draftee WR denarius moore... jason cambell even looked good with hue jackson and i bet flacco would love to have him as his OC with his mentality fitting the Baltimore Ravens Temperament, Physical and dominating.. who's with me? HUE-JACK-SON

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1355296545' post='1258873']
Didnt Hue Jackson play as Wolverine?
[/quote] I love your post !