#1 edsopafan

edsopafan

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Two HOT SEATS REMAIN.

1. John Harbaugh. He took 2 years to make this decision. Jon too has shown a propensity for not managing time clock well.

2. Joe Flacco. He needs to develop and show his wares the remaining 3 games and the playoffs. He wants money and the Ravens need to know IF he can be our QB for the future. I looked at the pay scales for the QBS for 2013. Joe's request would be good for $1-18 mil IF he was on the high end of his performance in consistent game production. This is not true what were the reason. So he as 4 games at least to show his ability. If he would take $12-14 I would have no issue. But if he still wants $16 plus with his game performance, I would franchise him and look at maybe a draft for qb.

Where is Ozzie in the move?

Off-season should be interesting.

#2 jaege

jaege

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

Unless Joe really outperforms himself, he is not worth the money he was asking. Now that Canm is fired, I am hoping he proves he is worth that much and more. Wouldn't that be nice?
It's so nice to be insane...

CAM GOT FIRED!!!!!

Joe Cool is the MAN!!!

Ravens

World Champions

#3 nextgen_RavensFan

nextgen_RavensFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

This is a deciding time to see if Flacco is at fault or if it really was a cam issue which i doubt. Right now joe has been shown the Ravens think he is the man. Now he needs to prove it. We cannot franchise him at any point without losing a few other players so he needs to step it up.
This spot reserved for Super Bowl celebratory images !!

#4 TT_05_Stang

TT_05_Stang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

I would have thought Pees would be #1, and most of our OL...

I wonder if people even watch the game

#5 Fang

Fang

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

If not Joe Flacco then who? Is there a QB in college we can get, or is there someone sitting on someone else's roster? It took us nearly 12 years to find a young QB with Flacco's talent. The result is 4 years of playoffs and near misses.

#6 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

Harbs has lead this team to 2 AFC Championship games, and the playoffs every season since arriving, and what looks like to continue that trend as well. A winning record for what? 5 straight seasons? I can't see Harbs being on the hot seat for a winning record.

#7 Ravenseconbeast

Ravenseconbeast

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

If not Joe Flacco then who? Is there a QB in college we can get, or is there someone sitting on someone else's roster? It took us nearly 12 years to find a young QB with Flacco's talent. The result is 4 years of playoffs and near misses.

we also shouldve canned kyle boller after his 1st year, but we didnt. Forcing ourselves to pay a player that is not worth his value and getting rid of key players will be a disaster.

#8 Free Agent

Free Agent

Sign me, Ozzie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Two HOT SEATS REMAIN.

1. John Harbaugh. He took 2 years to make this decision. Jon too has shown a propensity for not managing time clock well.

I highly doubt we'd fire a coach who led us to soon-to-be five straight playoff appearances for something as miniscule as clock management, which I actually think he does pretty well.

"It's like somebody created him on Madden." - Jacoby Jones on Joe Flacco

"Hodor." - Hodor

#9 EricH

EricH

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

Cam Cameron was gone beginning of last year but they elected to keep him due to the lock out.

And if not Flacco...who? It's not as if we were a qb factory prior to Joe.
Sometimes I honestly wonder if the people in here actually watched the Ravens prior to 2008.

*Perhaps fond memories of Billick and Boller?????

Edited by EricH, 11 December 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#10 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

Dean Pees won't be here next year but it's not all his fault, Also there is no way we get rid of flacco!
Flacco is a good quarterback but is really inconsistant but has the chance to be great.
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#11 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Lol you'll realize quick that it doesn't matter who we replace Joe with, as long as Joe is here, some of these people won't be happy. We could bring Dilfer out of retirement, and people wouldn't care, as long as Joe's gone.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#12 bauer77

bauer77

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Dean Pees won't be here next year but it's not all his fault, Also there is no way we get rid of flacco!
Flacco is a good quarterback but is really inconsistant but has the chance to be great.

Yes he will be. I highly doubt we fire him in the offseason. Remember, we kept Mattison around for 3 years. Not to mention, Pees can't help that we've been dealing with injuries over and over again.

Edited by bauer77, 11 December 2012 - 04:31 PM.

nb4yyq.jpg
If tomorrow wasn't promised, what would you give for today? - Ray Lewis
Twitter

#13 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

I wanna see Gyp Rosetti take over at Defensive Coordinator.

#14 Ravensfan23

Ravensfan23

Hall of Famer

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,997 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Ravens have had to replace some big time names, JJ, Ray, Ngata, Suggs, Webb and Jimmy, either do to injury or FA at some point this season. No longer can people say Harbs, like Flacco is only winning because of a great defense, but this defense is far from it.

Harbs has lead this predominantly young team to what seems to be it's 2nd straight Divison crown, what could be the 3rd straight 12 win season and it's 5th straight playoff appearance. If his seat is hot, it's only because the heat at the Castle is broken and Harbs has a seat warmer.

Flacco? On the hot seat? What's wrong with some of you guys? Is he perfect, No, but he's a winner. The Ravens as a franchise hasn't had enough good QB play or overall success to be this spoiled to say that Flacco and Harbs should be replaced because they haven't won a Super Bowl.

Flacco led a championship caliber drive against the Redskins and should have put that game away. If that sounds familiar, it should because Flacco does it often. To say this guy is on the hot seat is crazy.

mj5v69.jpg

#15 jimmypowder

jimmypowder

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

The Ravens have had to replace some big time names, JJ, Ray, Ngata, Suggs, Webb and Jimmy, either do to injury or FA at some point this season. No longer can people say Harbs, like Flacco is only winning because of a great defense, but this defense is far from it.

Harbs has lead this predominantly young team to what seems to be it's 2nd straight Divison crown, what could be the 3rd straight 12 win season and it's 5th straight playoff appearance. If his seat is hot, it's only because the heat at the Castle is broken and Harbs has a seat warmer.

Flacco? On the hot seat? What's wrong with some of you guys? Is he perfect, No, but he's a winner. The Ravens as a franchise hasn't had enough good QB play or overall success to be this spoiled to say that Flacco and Harbs should be replaced because they haven't won a Super Bowl.

Flacco led a championship caliber drive against the Redskins and should have put that game away. If that sounds familiar, it should because Flacco does it often. To say this guy is on the hot seat is crazy.

After looking at Arnie's stats on Qb fumbles(a big complaint against Joe cause hes not throwing alot of picks) id say Joe is pretty damn good.

#16 display name

display name

Gotham's Reckoning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,981 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

That was a minute of my life I'll never get back.

The Raven, on 03 Jan 2012-624 PM, said:

"You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day"

VIVA LA BUTT-FUMBLE!!!

Malkavian Raven, on 4 June 2014, said: "Display's off his meds again. Alert the white coats with the butterfly nets."

#17 gabefergy

gabefergy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,788 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Lol

@gabefergy

#18 RavenzAllDay

RavenzAllDay

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Yes he will be. I highly doubt we fire him in the offseason. Remember, we kept Mattison around for 3 years. Not to mention, Pees can't help that we've been dealing with injuries over and over again.

You're probably right, but like i said it's not all his fault . I wouldn't be against it completely, but there are better options out there.
Follow me on twitter @ShawnPriestman!!

#19 Latch

Latch

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Raven nation is really so spoiled when it comes to winning. You've got people on here baying for Harbaugh's blood, meanwhile there are teams like the Steelers who, at a worse record than us, wouldn't bad mouth Lord Tomlin if they were paid to. I really want John to win the big one so everyone will just be quiet about his 'clock management'.

#20 GrimCoconut

GrimCoconut

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,083 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

Uh, no. Flacco is not on the hot seat. He is the QB and he's going to get paid unless he pulls whatever Ratliff pulled on Jones on Biscotti, and even then that's doubtful. Those who hate Flacco need to realize he's not going anywhere yet. I'm not some Flacco cheerleader. I will tell you what he does wrong, which is plenty. But I will not sit here and say he is on the hot seat. He's not.

Caldwell is on the hot seat, but not even by much. He's more auditioning for a higher job as opposed to losing a job. I like him better as interim and find a permanent solution and let him develop Flacco.

Perhaps Moeller. He could be on the hot seat.

But with all this hot seat talk let me ask: who would be better than what we have? There aren't a ton of options out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users