Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] With Marshal Yanda Injured, Could Bryant McKinnie Re-Emerge?

86 posts in this topic

The Ravens may have to do some re-shuffling if right guard Marshal Yanda is out.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/With-Marshal-Yanda-Injured-Could-Bryant-McKinnie-Re-Emerge/ddc08fb2-9c7e-47f5-a918-2ae2c53a695c]View the full article[/url]

So if Yanda is healthy (crossing my finger he is) our line up should be well imo:
Mckinnie Osemele, Birk Yanda OHer
MCkinnie Reid, birk , osemele, Oher. If yanda is hurt.
I also would like to see Gino Gradkowski to get more snaps in center i cant see if birk is holding up to well

It would be real shame if since we finally got rid of Cam, that Flacco gets possibly injured by the lackluster play of the o-line in protection...we need the the best linemen we have out there, if that is McKinnie so be it. Just do your job and protect the QB!

Seems like it'd be much easier just to plug and play Bobbie Williams at RG. That'd be much better than moving Osemele to RG, Oher to RT, and putting McKinnie in at LT.

Get rid of the seven step drop and use slants and WR screens and then the line will block a lot better... It doesn't matter who we put at LT or any of the other line positions if we continue to use the seven step drop and deep routes for the WR's. That is what I am really hoping Caldwell does with this offense now.

Oher at T and KO at G is a nasty combo! McKinnie is solid... and its time to let him out of the doghouse!His presence will make us better!

I think that Birk has actualy played soli this season

OHER-KO- BIRK- JAH and McKINNIE

THat is one HUGE OL
I think that we would simply just maul anyone we play!

Sometimes though, it's Flacco's fault and OC (Yes, I keep blaming Cam)'s fault. Run Ray Rice more often, don't hold the ball too long. If you hold the ball too long waiting for the play to develop, tuck it.

2 fumbles that cost us this season.

Come on Harbs.... You cannot tell me if Yanda is out for sunday that McKinnie is not one of the best 5th OLINEMAN.

I mean, there is nothing wrong with Big Mac in the line up, but wouldn't it be easier to use Reid, or Williams instead of shaking up the O-line (and with a new OC)?

Just a thought.

GO RAVENS!

well this sucks that Yanda could be out but if he is it's a good problem to have in terms of who to start it shows that there is good quality depth behind the starters

Speed and misdirection will help protect Joe, regardless of who's out there. Get the ball out faster. Put Rice or a receiver where the blitzer was, get them the ball, and let them pick up YAC. But don't stand there like a dope and give up the strip-sack, waiting for Torrey, Q, or Jacoby to get open 20 yards downfield...

Berkeley, you are right on point. we need to get the ball out of joe's hands quicker. I hope caldwell will focus on getting the ball into the hands of our playmakers, let them do what they do best. Joe doesn't need be throwing it 30 yards downfield all the time. Quick screens and crossing patterns will be unstoppable with our weapons.

Against the Broncos i think Michael is better option at LT he is more athletic to handle the speed rush unlike Mckinnie. Against the Giants i believe Mckinnie needs to be in there

enough with the harbaugh doghouse talk. mckinnie cannot maintain his weight and is out of shape and has not been able to outperform oher for that job in practice. if he is to start that means he did a better job than oher in practice. go eagles go dallas go 49'ers go colts go ravens!!

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks Oher is a better LT than McKinnie needs to get their head checked. Oher has given up constant pressure and is the reason for 2 forced fumbles against Steelers and Skins that ended up costing us dearly

One thing i want is to see more use of WR its the same guys always out there.... Deonte Thompson anyone? I mean he was behind safeties ALL Preseason

Harbaugh stop being to stubborn and play B-McK. So he came to camp out of shape - he was not the first to do that and he won't be the last. He got his contract re-done and yet he is still here....waiting to play. Put Flacco in the shotgun, move Oher back to his side and let's get serious for the playoff push. Put the grudges behind you, Coach. C'mon.

Please put MO back over on the other side. B-McK needs to go back in. His doghouse time is done, coach. We need these wins badly. If he's not going to contribute, cut him. But don't park himn on the bench when Oher is getting his jock handed to him repeatedly during the game.

Harbaugh is hard headed he don't want Mckinnie to play because if he get so many snaps they have to pay himm a bonus. They rather lose or get Joe hurt first. Oher is no left tackle and he will be the first to admitt it. Harbaugh needs to get off his high horse and make the more for the good of the team.

It's time to put up or shut up. We need to win and GO TO THE BIG DANCE!!! We have all the pieces we need so whats the problem. I don't want to hear , "well this is the NFL". Win,Win,Win!!!

Harb's is stubborn and bull headed,hopefully he'll realize that Oher needs to move from the blindside,because if Oher gives up another scrip fumble or allow Flacco to get hit a lot there will be trouble in Ravens nation.

Michael Oher can not hold the DT for whole day, Joe flacco should release ball on time. joe is not releaseing ball one time.

We have enough healthy and talented O-lineman that we should be able to piece together a solid line. We weren't shy about moving lineman around in the beginning of the season, so I don't know what's changed since.