47 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,575 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Jim Caldwell tutored Denver’s Peyton Manning for six years as a quarterbacks coach in Indy.

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Denver's got a pretty good O-line...I hope our pass-rush is up to the challenge, can get in Manning's face, bat down passes, and get a few sacks. Otherwise, it's going to be a shootout.

#3 88keyz

88keyz

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

Feels like some energy is starting to come back to the team and fans. Time to finish the season strong.

#4 sami

sami

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

See how big Mannings helmet is? Hes got computerchips, wires, componants, and all kind of android like things in there. Its the helmet that makes him so good. We need to get a big helmet for Joe.

#5 CharmCityRaven

CharmCityRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:01 PM

TUTOR is a great way of putting it. Peyton Manning just has god given natural talent at the QB position, the end!!!

#6 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,353 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

We had to put up with Cameron since 2008, I think we can give Jim some time before he gets the O-line working right.

Just remember the Falcons, Texans and pats found a way to win and so can we.

Edited by Zeus, 11 December 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#7 Billy2448

Billy2448

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

I hate to be pessimistic but this game could make or break our season. I have high hopes for Caldwell's offensive play calling! Hopefully our defense can get it together as well!

#8 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

Denver's got a pretty good O-line...I hope our pass-rush is up to the challenge, can get in Manning's face, bat down passes, and get a few sacks. Otherwise, it's going to be a shootout.

The last thing you can think is that Joe can win a shootout against Peyton. We are going to need big special team plays in the return and field goal game, we need them to turn the ball over and we take advantage and put points on the board from the turnovers. Without that we are in deep deep trouble. If we got duped into jumping a simple out route instead of staying with the deeper route against a back up what do you think Peyton is going to do to our secondary?

#9 Raven Haven

Raven Haven

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

I say bring them on. We will be ready.

#10 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Sami, some of these "fans" will Neg anything! They must think you're serious but I thought it was pretty funny too!

I like our chances of keeping Manning on the bench, watching for 35 minutes this coming week more than I would have if that Raven Nation-shattering news hadn't come!

We're injured but we're getting two defensive stalwarts back and that could turn out to be a difference-maker!

#11 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

The last thing you can think is that Joe can win a shootout against Peyton. We are going to need big special team plays in the return and field goal game, we need them to turn the ball over and we take advantage and put points on the board from the turnovers. Without that we are in deep deep trouble. If we got duped into jumping a simple out route instead of staying with the deeper route against a back up what do you think Peyton is going to do to our secondary?

If not for Steve Hauschka, Joe would have won a shootout against Favre, in Minnesota. And it was even with Cam calling the plays. And Joe's already beat Brady at home this year (with the help of some goalposts and a great kicker, but still). I believe that good Joe can keep up with Manning, but our D has to play well.

Edited by Berkeley_Raven, 11 December 2012 - 01:33 PM.

#12 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:33 PM

The key to our defense is Suggs. It's wasn't by accident that when he came back things started to click on defense. We won 4 of the first 5 games that he was in the lineup. I would have loved to seem him get some shots on RGIII this weekend.

#13 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

See how big Mannings helmet is? Hes got computerchips, wires, componants, and all kind of android like things in there. Its the helmet that makes him so good. We need to get a big helmet for Joe.

It makes perfect sense now. We've been using iPads for studying up on playbooks and stuff. Manning's an Android guy.

Edited by Berkeley_Raven, 11 December 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#14 legoRavs!

legoRavs!

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

It makes perfect sense now. We've been using iPads for studying up on playbooks and stuff. Manning's an Android guy.

oh my oh my!!! the mysteries of the universe have being solved! switch to android everyone, the fate of our galaxy rides on this right here..... arrrghhh!!!

#15 blindbat

blindbat

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

I hope Peyton Manning gets kidnapped before this Sunday.

#16 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Agree! So not only did I wipe out the (-) some "sage fan" hit you with but I quoted you too! Peyton feeds on aggressive Secondaries! He's one of the best with double-pumps!
Towels? We don't need no stinkin' towels!

#17 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

If not for Steve Hauschka, Joe would have won a shootout against Favre, in Minnesota. And it was even with Cam calling the plays. And Joe's already beat Brady at home this year (with the help of some goalposts and a great kicker, but still). I believe that good Joe can keep up with Manning, but our D has to play well.

Well I guess my point was stated correctly. But one of the complaints that mostly everyone had with Cam is that he abandons the run to easily and go strictly pass and our offense becomes stagnant. So if you are suggesting to let him air it out and duel against Manning we can end up in the same situation as Cam. Either we mixed it up with run and pass, or be a heavy run team and use the playaction game and screens for our passing game. I do not favor pass heavy and oh yeah hear you go Ray Rice take your 10 carries for the game.

#18 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Agree! So not only did I wipe out the (-) some "sage fan" hit you with but I quoted you too! Peyton feeds on aggressive Secondaries! He's one of the best with double-pumps!

Thanks for understanding and being realistic!

#19 redravenfan

redravenfan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

If you look at the broncos schedule and who they lost toI think we have a chance. manning doesn't like noise, he doesn't like pressure in his face , and he sticks with short intermediate passes more then the deep ball . i say anything to keep him off balance is the way to go .

Edited by redravenfan, 11 December 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#20 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Well I guess my point was stated correctly. But one of the complaints that mostly everyone had with Cam is that he abandons the run to easily and go strictly pass and our offense becomes stagnant. So if you are suggesting to let him air it out and duel against Manning we can end up in the same situation as Cam. Either we mixed it up with run and pass, or be a heavy run team and use the playaction game and screens for our passing game. I do not favor pass heavy and oh yeah hear you go Ray Rice take your 10 carries for the game.

Agreed. The best way to beat Manning is to keep him off the field. And that means a steady diet of Rice. Or make Manning make mistakes, which he rarely does. I'm not saying Joe should try to make it a shootout, just that he could (with the right playcalling) win a shootout if that's what it ended up being.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users