Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BR News

[News] Jim Caldwell To Match Wits With Pupil Peyton Manning

50 posts in this topic

Jim Caldwell tutored Denver’s Peyton Manning for six years as a quarterbacks coach in Indy.

[url=http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Jim-Caldwell-To-Match-Wits-With-Pupil-Peyton-Manning/33de09bb-0769-4fd2-bdcd-4b60d4e99baf]View the full article[/url]

Denver's got a pretty good O-line...I hope our pass-rush is up to the challenge, can get in Manning's face, bat down passes, and get a few sacks. Otherwise, it's going to be a shootout.

See how big Mannings helmet is? Hes got computerchips, wires, componants, and all kind of android like things in there. Its the helmet that makes him so good. We need to get a big helmet for Joe.

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 11, 2012 - Wrong thread · Report post

It is amazing to me that I have heard nothing over two years that we need to get rid of Cam
and now that it is a done deal these same people are saying the timing was wrong and we should have waited until after the season. WHY? Just proves to me that we have a very fickle fan base. Winning record for five straight years and at least 4 playoff appearances
should make us a happy fan base. Go Ravens

Posted · Hidden by Grapple Raven, December 11, 2012 - Huh? · Report post

Welcome to as OC , jim Caldwell.

I was never Cam's fan,...but is that Cam's fault Joe Flacco fummble the ball in many games at his own 20yds and after that momentum of game change many time...? I don't think so it is Cam's fault. I guess Joe has not ability to see it. However, lets see Joe now next three games.

We had to put up with Cameron since 2008, I think we can give Jim some time before he gets the O-line working right.

Just remember the Falcons, Texans and pats found a way to win and so can we.

I hate to be pessimistic but this game could make or break our season. I have high hopes for Caldwell's offensive play calling! Hopefully our defense can get it together as well!

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1355248056' post='1258038']
Denver's got a pretty good O-line...I hope our pass-rush is up to the challenge, can get in Manning's face, bat down passes, and get a few sacks. Otherwise, it's going to be a shootout.
[/quote]

The last thing you can think is that Joe can win a shootout against Peyton. We are going to need big special team plays in the return and field goal game, we need them to turn the ball over and we take advantage and put points on the board from the turnovers. Without that we are in deep deep trouble. If we got duped into jumping a simple out route instead of staying with the deeper route against a back up what do you think Peyton is going to do to our secondary?

Sami, some of these "fans" will Neg anything! They must think you're serious but I thought it was pretty funny too!

I like our chances of keeping Manning on the bench, watching for 35 minutes this coming week more than I would have if that Raven Nation-shattering news hadn't come!

We're injured but we're getting two defensive stalwarts back and that could turn out to be a difference-maker!

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1355250105' post='1258097']
The last thing you can think is that Joe can win a shootout against Peyton. We are going to need big special team plays in the return and field goal game, we need them to turn the ball over and we take advantage and put points on the board from the turnovers. Without that we are in deep deep trouble. If we got duped into jumping a simple out route instead of staying with the deeper route against a back up what do you think Peyton is going to do to our secondary?
[/quote]

If not for Steve Hauschka, Joe would have won a shootout against Favre, in Minnesota. And it was even with Cam calling the plays. And Joe's already beat Brady at home this year (with the help of some goalposts and a great kicker, but still). I believe that good Joe can keep up with Manning, but our D has to play well.

The key to our defense is Suggs. It's wasn't by accident that when he came back things started to click on defense. We won 4 of the first 5 games that he was in the lineup. I would have loved to seem him get some shots on RGIII this weekend.

[quote name='sami' timestamp='1355248547' post='1258049']
See how big Mannings helmet is? Hes got computerchips, wires, componants, and all kind of android like things in there. Its the helmet that makes him so good. We need to get a big helmet for Joe.
[/quote]

It makes perfect sense now. We've been using iPads for studying up on playbooks and stuff. Manning's an Android guy.

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1355250890' post='1258123']
It makes perfect sense now. We've been using iPads for studying up on playbooks and stuff. Manning's an Android guy.
[/quote]

oh my oh my!!! the mysteries of the universe have being solved! switch to android everyone, the fate of our galaxy rides on this right here..... arrrghhh!!!

[/quote]

Agree! So not only did I wipe out the (-) some "sage fan" hit you with but I quoted you too! Peyton feeds on aggressive Secondaries! He's one of the best with double-pumps!

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1355250725' post='1258117']
If not for Steve Hauschka, Joe would have won a shootout against Favre, in Minnesota. And it was even with Cam calling the plays. And Joe's already beat Brady at home this year (with the help of some goalposts and a great kicker, but still). I believe that good Joe can keep up with Manning, but our D has to play well.
[/quote]

Well I guess my point was stated correctly. But one of the complaints that mostly everyone had with Cam is that he abandons the run to easily and go strictly pass and our offense becomes stagnant. So if you are suggesting to let him air it out and duel against Manning we can end up in the same situation as Cam. Either we mixed it up with run and pass, or be a heavy run team and use the playaction game and screens for our passing game. I do not favor pass heavy and oh yeah hear you go Ray Rice take your 10 carries for the game.

[quote name='Mystigo_Dragon' timestamp='1355252312' post='1258142']
Agree! So not only did I wipe out the (-) some "sage fan" hit you with but I quoted you too! Peyton feeds on aggressive Secondaries! He's one of the best with double-pumps!
[/quote]

Thanks for understanding and being realistic!

If you look at the broncos schedule and who they lost toI think we have a chance. manning doesn't like noise, he doesn't like pressure in his face , and he sticks with short intermediate passes more then the deep ball . i say anything to keep him off balance is the way to go .

[quote name='baltimore1975' timestamp='1355252387' post='1258143']
Well I guess my point was stated correctly. But one of the complaints that mostly everyone had with Cam is that he abandons the run to easily and go strictly pass and our offense becomes stagnant. So if you are suggesting to let him air it out and duel against Manning we can end up in the same situation as Cam. Either we mixed it up with run and pass, or be a heavy run team and use the playaction game and screens for our passing game. I do not favor pass heavy and oh yeah hear you go Ray Rice take your 10 carries for the game.
[/quote]

Agreed. The best way to beat Manning is to keep him off the field. And that means a steady diet of Rice. Or make Manning make mistakes, which he rarely does. I'm not saying Joe [i]should[/i] try to make it a shootout, just that he [i]could[/i] (with the right playcalling) win a shootout if that's what it ended up being.

[/quote]

As much as it pains me to say it but, he will TORCH IT!!! Hopefully they can get their stuff together, but that's BIG hopes!!

[quote name='Berkeley_Raven' timestamp='1355248056' post='1258038']
[/quote]

Neither Manning nor Brady likes rushers in their face! Haloti may need to get that push!

I dont think its about matching wits as much as maybe simply knowing peytons strengthes and weaknesses... any info that we can get on Peyton... should allow Peas to formulate a better strategy to slow him down

You never really stop Peyton... but you cannot allow him too muc time to pick us apart! He is too good to give him time and hopefully the little inticacies that Caldwell can provide will be a benefit in reducing Peytons comfort level in he pocket!

Great to have the "wit matching" but who in blazes is going to protect Joe from Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville ? Both are smart and have brute strength. I saw Miller last week crawl after getting shoved to the ground to get to the QB. Sheer determination and GUTS. I see not half of that kind of willingness to do your job by any of the Ravens defensive players. Don't get it twisted Dude, I love my Ravens.

Before the firing of Cam, the original title of this article was "Cam Cameron To Match Wits With Peyton Manning with End-Arounds"

Best way to slow Peyton Manning? Establish Ray Rice and dominate time off possesion. Denver can not score multiple offensive touchdowns from the sideline.