Ravens at Texans      Roster      Game Rewind   

Photo

[News] 5 Questions For A Jim Caldwell Offense

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

A look at the different factors that go into a change at offensive coordinator.

View the full article

#2 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

jim caldwell helped lead the colts to a super bowl... cam cameron helped lead the dolphins to one of the worst seasons in NFL history... just sayin

#3 BmoreB

BmoreB

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,921 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

Ray Rice will be moving the chains as Caldwell is no dummy. He will get Ray his touches via run and pass.

Can't wait !!!

#4 Tristan S.

Tristan S.

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Anything will be better than what we were putting out there under Cameron. And I like the element of surprise at home against Denver, who won't know how to plan for us this week

#5 Amesr52

Amesr52

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Only thing with Ray rice and Cam was that Cam always called plays to get Ray through the center and guard which I hated. Ray has always been better cutting back to the outside behind the tackles and TE's. Pierce would be more of a guy I would run down the middle cause he is a lot bigger and can really keep his legs turning when those big DL get on him. More Sweeps and outside runs for Ray will instantly make us better. A lot more Zone rushing (it was working in Washington) but cam got away from the zone scheme. I think we are about to see a lot of no-huddle and quick tempo offense for the last three games and also a lot more quick short and intermediate throws to help with flaccos release. This move can only make us better. (I hope)

#6 black blood purple passion

black blood purple passion

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

if he calls plays on 3rd down where the WR actually runs a route that will get enough yards to make it...he will be a vast improvement over Cam. Tired of seeing 3rd and 8 and all the WR's run 5 yard button hooks/ins and outs....moronic.

#7 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,635 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

Offensive Coordinators are not born, they ger their "bones' on the job! Let Jim Caldwell be the "Figurehead O.C.-by-committee" this season and if he does well, fine,.... or, until such time as Norv Turner decides to send his kids to Mid-Atlantic schools at season's end! *wink*

Jim will still make Joe E-Lite better, Turner will make the whole Offense better!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 11 December 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#8 Purple&Black

Purple&Black

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

when ray rice has 20 carries a game we have a much higher winning percentage. Then that's when you can take Torrey deep, but you have to keep teams honest with screens, crossers, and hitches.

#9 Guest_Mr. Nobody_*

Guest_Mr. Nobody_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

maybe, just maybe, for this next game... caldwell should be helping on the D side of the ball... i mean who knows mr manning more than him from our staff

#10 fusuymada

fusuymada

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

How about replacing Oher on the left side with the guy who did the job last year at a much better level. If changes are going to be made let's not forget he let both end rushers open shots at Flacco the last two weeks causing strip sacks which led to the points by the opposing team that got the opposing team back in the game. Protect Flacco and give him time and the offense will shine. The decisions about the O-line cost us more than anything else this year. Flacco is a pocket passer, pocket passers need at least 6 blockers on every play and the remaining receivers need to learn how to get separation and catch the darn ball.

#11 Fastfingers

Fastfingers

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

We have one of the best kickers. Get him involved more.

#12 4evermore23

4evermore23

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

Im sick of the vanilla flavor. I cant stand anything vanilla no more, icecream,sundaes, nothing i want a lil of everything now open this offense up change the philosophy and rally together around caldwell communicate better and come together as a offense!

#13 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

One more question who plans to fix the o-line with yanda out birk is starting to get pushed around ,,,,,,again and michael oher is getting blown up .Reid is turning into a penaalty machine I think joe is going to handle his business might help if the online get there busniess in gear

#14 Guest_wasabiebird_*

Guest_wasabiebird_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

I think with yanda out we will see a return of mckinnie fat or not he is needed esp with yanda out .

#15 Dooley King

Dooley King

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

Cameron had a lot to do with the Oline playing bad as well. If you are going to run a play action 7-step drop pass, its probably not the best idea to leave your blind side tackle on an island with the opposing team's best pass rusher. Hopefully Caldwell will chip with a TE/RB on those plays going forward. Not making an excuse for Oher's average play, but Mckinnie is an old garbage tackle who won't even be on the roster next year.

#16 Zeus

Zeus

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,471 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Caldwell can tbe any worse than Cameron was, period! All I want to see is something other than the basic vanilla plays that we have used for the past 4 years.

#17 baltimore1975

baltimore1975

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

when ray rice has 20 carries a game we have a much higher winning percentage. Then that's when you can take Torrey deep, but you have to keep teams honest with screens, crossers, and hitches.

Good point and in my opinion was the final straw for Cam. We were having success running the ball and we still managed to get Torrey the only once? This happened after a week that Rice didn't receive a touch in the fourth quarter. You can't continue to lose games and when you look at the stats your 2 playmakers don't receive touches.

#18 ravne05

ravne05

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

I think you will see a more up-tempo game and alot more no-huddle trying to keep Flacco in a steady rhythm and the rest of the offense on the same page.Cameron just killed that on offense when the ravens were flowing Cam always pulled back for reasons I could never understand and I think thats where the disconnect was between him and Flacco and the rest of the offense.

#19 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm happy that Caldwell isn't Cam.

But I also realize that Peyton could likely win ~12 games on his own with a scarecrow holding a clipboard as his coach. Caldwell inherited a really good team that Dungy built. And left that team with a record almost as bad as Cam's Dolphins.

I'd love to see the offense suddenly become a top-10 offense. But I'd be happy to see the offense become more consistent, move the ball, use up the clock, and score points. If Caldwell can do that, great. I he can't do that, then I hope we find someone who can next year.

#20 CravinRaven

CravinRaven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gotta love these groundbreaking questions. (So do you plan on using what they call a "forward pass?") ("Are you a boxers guy, or do you prefer briefs?")