141 replies to this topic

#1 BR News

BR News

Hall of Famer

• Guests
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Bisciotti's involvement? Long-time coming? Strained relationships? No-huddle disagreement?

View the full article

#2 Berkeley_Raven

Berkeley_Raven

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

I don't like Kevin Cowherd. I see a move like this, and I see a team that is dissatisfied with the offense it has gotten out of it's coordinator. Tired of inconsistency and quarters-long stretches of nothing. A team that shouldn't be satisfied with taking a knee with two time outs.

It's certainly bold to fire Cam now. Maybe even questionable. But desperate? Come on.

#3 Flockster

Flockster

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

John said "We do a great job in this organization of communicating and talking, and we have great leadership here, all across the board......" That speaks volumes about the Ravens organization.

Edited by Flockster, 11 December 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#4 berad

berad

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,194 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

How can anyone call Cameron's firing desperation? If you follow the Ravens at all you know that people have been talking about it for a long time. Cowherd should know this.

#5 rmcjacket23

rmcjacket23

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,058 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I think it's certainly desperation, but the desperation was because we didn't fire him in any of the last two offseasons when we should have.

As I've said all along... we would never fire Cam when we are winning. It doesn't make sense to the outside public to fire an OC after losing in the AFC title game the year before, even though that's exactly what should have happened.

It's desperation because now we finally found the correct time. The offense has been sputtering of late, and Cam has never had a desire to bury a team when we had a lead.

Make no mistake, if we had won each of the last two games, we wouldn't have fired him. But we were given the excuse that we needed to do what we should have done long ago.

#6 jek81791

jek81791

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

people outside of baltimore don't know what we have had to put up with for 3 years, they think we are trying to blame cam cameron for the past 2 losses and that we are desperate but that isnt the case, this should have been done back when jim zorn was joes qb coach and it was obvious to anybody with a brain that jim was fired because cam cameron felt his job was in jeopardy, the timing of this firing was off though it should have been done after last weeks loss to pittsburgh with not giving rice the ball in the 4th quarter, it comes off as wrong to everyone else around the league because we fired him after a pretty decent outing against washington offense wise, regardless i am glad we are moving on

Edited by jek81791, 11 December 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#7 KevSini

KevSini

Practice Squad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

If Norv Turner comes to Baltimore i'll move to canada.

#8 BEACHBOY

BEACHBOY

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

Ron Jaworski is spot on in his assessment of a need for more creativity. Creativity will get receivers open. It was tough watching RGIII throw to wide open receivers, or Brady last night do the same and then see Flacco have to eat the ball because our guys can't get seperation; that or throw into double coverages - underneath and over the top. Its not always about hitting a home run on the deep route, its about hitting receivers in stride and YAC. I think Caldwell understands that. I also think he will game plan around his most talented players and test opposing defenses. Cameron seemed to shy away from that at times like versus the Steel Curtain two weeks ago. Heck, Pittsburgh didn't have to try and stop Ray Rice when Cameron was willing to do that for them!

#9 Guest_llwillow1231_*

Guest_llwillow1231_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

why does everyone insist we hire another offensive coordinator that has a losing record did we not learn a lesson after cameron. Phillip rivers used to be a very good qb.....ugh i think we needed a little shake up and the media will spin things they way they want to regardless if it has an ounce of truth. the biggest mistake anyone can make is thinking this team is done that is the furthest thing from the truth . as for a replacement lets find a good offensive minded coach who is hungry for an nfl position and watch what happens. and just say no to turner unless we want a second verse same as the first .

#10 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Funny, all the Ravens fan knew Cameron should've been fired years ago. We knew all the problem between Cam and the team.

#11 Yatagarasu

Yatagarasu

The Crow-God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,572 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:04 AM

Better now, then let's say the Super Bowl game.

#12 TreTheRaven

TreTheRaven

MVP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:06 AM

No matter what the rumors or the truth may be, I do believe that most (If not all) support the decisions made by the Ravens management to release Cam Cameron.

Best of luck to Cam down the road.

#13 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

Getting Ray Rice more involved and going back to the no huddle. Wow, that is music to my ears. Hopefully better late than never, Go Ravens!!

#14 cobrajet

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

people outside of baltimore don't know what we have had to put up with for 3 years, they think we are trying to blame cam cameron for the past 2 losses and that we are desperate but that isnt the case, this should have been done back when jim zorn was joes qb coach and it was obvious to anybody with a brain that jim was fired because cam cameron felt his job was in jeopardy the timing of this firing was off though it should have been done after last weeks loss to pittsburgh with not giving rice the ball in the 4th quarter, it comes off as wrong to everyone else around the league because we fired him after a pretty decent outing against washington offense wise, regardless i am glad we are moving on

Perfectly stated brother.

#15 Waka Flocka Flacco

Waka Flocka Flacco

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

I think the move to get rid of Cam was a good one, and I'm not a Cam hater (although sometimes think he could have been better esp w adjustments.)

The #1 reason we got rid of Cam, is to get an accurate assessment of Flacco. I think letting go of Cameron is Ozzie saying "let's see what we have in Flacco, now we can see how he has progressed now that he's on his own before long term extension."

#16 Dudeman

Dudeman

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

I think the biggest issues with Cam was about timing, and identity. The first year he was here I believe was his best as a play caller, and having an identity. Yet ever since we have been under performing despite getting better talent all across the board. A lot of us tried to characterize all the Camism's for awhile as run/pass ratio issues. But the issue was more that it seemed we'd run when we should pass, and passed when we should run. It was also true in that we'd be conservative and aggressive at the wrong time. Lastly, it was lack of creativity, and flexibility in the game-planning. It has been the elephant in the room for quite some time now, and the second half meltdown on offense against the Skins was the last straw on the camels back.

Now it's time to move on. No more excuses. We gotta beat Denver this week, and nothing else matters for the Ravens!

#17 DancingEagle11

DancingEagle11

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

Cam had to go! Too bad we didn't let him go before the Pittsburgh game, 'cause it would have made a difference. The best thing that could happen going into the last 3 games and the playoffs. And make no mistake folks, the Ravens are still in this and will go AFC Championship round.

Why? Because all of our problems will be solved defensively, once the offense gets it's act together... period the end!

The offense's inability to move the ball at times, because of stupid play calling that everybody and their mothers were able to see coming before the Ravens ran the plays has been a problem for years. No creativity. No quick slant passes. Give the offense to Flacco! And Flaccster, a pump fake every now and then would help your cause considerably!

We WILL beat Denver. Payton Manning is not RG3. RG3 is the reason they were able to be so successful running the ball against our Defense, because of the option, and threat that kid would take off running -- it also freezes the linebackers from dropping back into pass coverage. With Denver, even though Payton's a fantastic QB, he's still a drop back passer, which we can handle, especially if the offense makes plays and keeps him off the field. And I still believe we own the Giants!

Finally, this Sunday, we will see our real offense take the field. The Rice/Pierce combo is too much for Denver to handle -- too much!

#18 TheRavengers

TheRavengers

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

The fact that Flacco and Cam didn't really see eye-to-eye might be saying the most about the situation....

#19 axisofeeble

axisofeeble

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Cam was not my favorite and I thought his play calling lacked the innovation of the really good pro offenses but it wasn't him that let the defense get old,he didn't neglect to sign our own free agents,he didn't draft Upshaw and it wasn't him that has no pass rush to get the ball back with good field position. Caldwell can't fix old age on defense or the youth beyond Yanda&Birk on a learning O-line he can only tweak what Ozzie has provided. This year marks the end of an era. We are rebuilding and we just might not make the playoffs in an epic disaster of losing 5 in a row. Canm needed to go but we needed a pass rusher more.

#20 Mystigo_Dragon

Mystigo_Dragon

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,129 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

I agree with about 80% of the article. I firmly disagree with Kevin Cowherd's "desperation and panic" assessment! Nothing could be further from the truth! The proper word is "frustration"!

Joe E-Lite and Rut-Roh have been frustrated for some time and Ben Grubbs clearly hated Cam so much so that he didn't even entertain a Raven's offer!

Harbs, ever the diplomat and delegator, coupled with the strike were the only thing standing in the way of this move being done! It probably took Steve B's "HEY, KNUCKLEHEAD" call to Harbs to get this done!

But, I am ecstatic by the decision to get rid of the broken CAM-shaft that stalled our Ravens from their Super Bowl destiny! Once we're healthy, Watch Out!

I'll bet the Offense is so happy he's gone that they may have a "sleep over" so that they can get an early start to practice!

Edited by Mystigo_Dragon, 11 December 2012 - 10:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users