Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Malkavian Raven

LEGO Batman 2 (and other LEGO games)

26 posts in this topic

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I know, I know. Why is this on these forums? Seriously though, have you ever played any of these games? If you have, then you will most definitely like the new Batman 2 as they have incorporated a "free-roam" aspect to the Lego world. I love it![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Being 30-years-old, it seems odd to be playing these, but my youngest and I have an awesome time with these games.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Also, if you are BIG on figuring out puzzles ... like me, I'm a HUGE fan of Portal & Portal 2 ... then you will love these games as well.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Best part of Lego games, they aren't just a "play it once and you're done". If you're looking for 100% Game Completion (like I always am), you'll find yourself playing the same level multiple times with multiple characters trying to get ALL the unlockables.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Thoughts? Feedback?[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]My name is Cosmic, and I love playing Lego games![/i][/font]

I do not judge! I play those games with my younger bro. Now, if you had a daughter, and played a Barbie videogame.... Then we need to talk

I don't have much to add other than I used to play [i]Lego Creator[/i] on the PC back in the day. Before that I [b]loved[/b] playing with LEGOs. It was the ultimate toy!

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1355191211' post='1257064']
I don't have much to add other than I used to play [i]Lego Creator[/i] on the PC back in the day. Before that I [b]loved[/b] playing with LEGOs. It was the ultimate toy!
[/quote]
You could literally do anything!

[quote name='Moderator 6' timestamp='1355191211' post='1257064']
[/quote]
[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355191418' post='1257077']
You could literally do anything!
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Tell me about it. I loved Lego's when I was little, my youngest loves them as well. So much we had to build him a Lego table that is about 48" L x 18" W. It has six drawers (stacks of three) that are 12" deep and all of them are FULL to the brim with Lego's. And he has some of those 'office supply sorters' up top to keep their heads, bodies, arms, legs and other accessories in.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Right now, his table has a WHOLE town he has built. Actually quite amazing for a seven-year-old. I'll get a picture and post it here tomorrow-ish.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]But yes, these games are freakin' amazing!!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I used to play with Barbies with my "girlfriend" in grade school.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355191737' post='1257088']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Tell me about it. I loved Lego's when I was little, my youngest loves them as well. So much we had to build him a Lego table that is about 48" L x 18" W. It has six drawers (stacks of three) that are 12" deep and all of them are FULL to the brim with Lego's. And he has some of those 'office supply sorters' up top to keep their heads, bodies, arms, legs and other accessories in.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Right now, his table has a WHOLE town he has built. Actually quite amazing for a seven-year-old. I'll get a picture and post it here tomorrow-ish.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]But yes, these games are freakin' amazing!!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I used to play with Barbies with my "girlfriend" in grade school.[/i][/font]
[/quote]
Hey, for that I do not judge, anything to get a gf ;) ;)

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Okay... I just dropped $5 at the PS Store for extra superheroes... yeah... I think it's time to step away from the console. (LOL)[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And when did Bruce Wayne have a son named Damian?? That $5 got me Nightwing though, totally BA!!![/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355192387' post='1257118']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Okay... I just dropped $5 at the PS Store for extra superheroes... yeah... I think it's time to step away from the console. (LOL)[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]And when did Bruce Wayne have a son named Damian?? That $5 got me Nightwing though, totally BA!!![/i][/font]

[/quote]
Always..... Nightwing is a BA.... Get Red Hood! Is he in the game (havent really played anything except Madden for the past year)

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355192588' post='1257127']
Always..... Nightwing is a BA.... Get Red Hood! Is he in the game (havent really played anything except Madden for the past year)
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I don't have him, so I don't know if he is in the game or not. Then again, I've only got about 18% game completion at this point. (Taking a break from my Assassin's Creed III).[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Looked it up, he is not in the game. :( But they've got guys like "Mr. Boomerang" and "Killer Moth" and "Black Canary" --- seriously? What's more -- NO DEADSHOT!![/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355193001' post='1257150']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I don't have him, so I don't know if he is in the game or not. Then again, I've only got about 18% game completion at this point. (Taking a break from my Assassin's Creed III).[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Looked it up, he is not in the game. :( But they've got guys like "Mr. Boomerang" and "Killer Moth" and "Black Canary" --- seriousl[/i][/font][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]y? What's more -- NO DEADSHOT!![/i][/font]
[/quote]
No Black Mask?

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]List of Playable Characters:[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]1. Alfred[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]2. Aquaman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]3. Bane[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]4. Batgirl[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]5. Batman (Power Suit, Sensor Suit, Electricity Suit, Bat Suit)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]6. Bizarro (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]7. Black Adam (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]8. Black Canary[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]9. Black Manta (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]10. Brainiac[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]11. Bruce Wayne[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]12. Captain Boomerang[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]13. Captain Cold (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]14. Catwoman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]15. Cheetah (didn’t make it into the final game)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]16. Clark Kent[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]17. Clayface[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]18. Commissioner Gordon[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]19. Cyborg[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]20. Damian Wayne (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]21. General Zod[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]22. Gorilla Grodd (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]23. Green Lantern[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]24. Harley Quinn[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]25. Hawkgirl[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]26. Hawkman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]27. Huntress[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]28. Hush[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]29. Joker Henchman (No Hat, Mime)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]30. Katana (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]31. Killer Croc[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]32. Killer Moth[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]33. LexBot[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]34. Lex Luthor[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]35. Lois Lane[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]36. Mad Hatter[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]37. Man-Bat[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]38. Mr. Freeze[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]39. Mr. Freeze Henchman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]40. Nightwing (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]41. Police Officer[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]42. Poison Ivy[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]43. Ra’s Al Ghul[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]44. Riddler Henchman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]45. Robin (Acrobat Suit, Hazard Suit, Ice Suit, Magnet Suit)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]46. Shazam (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]47. Sinestro[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]48. Superboy (exclusive to portable systems)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]49. Supergirl[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]50. Superman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]51. Tim Drake Dick Grayson[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]52. The Flash[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]53. The Joker[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]54. The Penguin[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]55. The Martian Manhunter[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]56. The Riddler[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]57. The Scarecrow[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]58. Two-Face[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]59. Two-Face Henchman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]60. Vicki Vale[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]61. Wonder Woman[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]62. Zatanna (downloadable only)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]63. Azrael (exclusive to portable systems)[/font][/i]
[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]64. Deathstroke (exclusive to portable systems)[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]I guess I should add, this isn't just Batman... it's DC Comics.[/font][/i]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Green Lantern totally rocks in this game.[/font][/i]

[center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GtLjrdfv1I[/center]

[i][font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]~ Cosmic[/font][/i]

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355193251' post='1257161']
What the hell does Lois Lane do?
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Superman... OOOH, wait, that's not what you meant. She does the same as any other character. I don't think you need her for anything at this point though.[/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355193344' post='1257167']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Superman... OOOH, wait, that's not what you meant. She does the same as any other character. I don't think you need her for anything at this point though.[/i][/font]

[/quote]
Hm.... Green Lantern is a good hero. But Why does Superman have to be so generic?

[quote name='Mr. Irrelevant' timestamp='1355193585' post='1257171']
Hm.... Green Lantern is a good hero. But Why does Superman have to be so generic?
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]What do you mean? He can fly! He has laser eyes! He has frost breath! And he's invincible as long as he's not around the kryptonite in the game.

By the way, for anyone that is familiar with these games -- in the past, you had to just listen to them mumble... NOW THEY TALK!!!

~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i]It's getting them to shut up that's the trick.[/i][/i][/font]

[quote name='CosmicRedPanda' timestamp='1355193945' post='1257185']
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][b]What do you mean? He can fly! He has laser eyes! He has frost breath! And he's invincible as long as he's not around the kryptonite in the game.[/b]

By the way, for anyone that is familiar with these games -- in the past, you had to just listen to them mumble... NOW THEY TALK!!!

~ Cosmic[/i][/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i][i]It's getting them to shut up that's the trick.[/i][/i][/font]
[/quote]
Exactly, thats why me and my bro are going to get into fist fights when we play this game together on who gets to be Kal El

I remember those Lego Star wars games were fun as hell back in the day, so I cant hate. If you like Batman I highly recommend you pick up Batman: Arkham City, the GOTY edition that is; most bang for your buck.

[quote name='Cville-Raven' timestamp='1355199012' post='1257360']
I remember those Lego Star wars games were fun as hell back in the day, so I cant hate. If you like Batman I highly recommend you pick up Batman: Arkham City, the GOTY edition that is; most bang for your buck.
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Yeah, already owned and beat both of those quite some time ago. Arkham Asylum, aside from having to crawl around in the vents all the time, it was a great game. Arkham City though -- they took it to A WHOLE... NOTHA... LEVEL! Took me forever to solve all those Riddler puzzles.[/i][/font]

Lego Batman 2 is very fun. My nephew gets stuck and I jump in to help him. That being said, I've played the other Lego games such as Lego Star Wars, Pirates of the carribean and Indiana Jones. All so much fun. Im about to buy the Lego LOTR game!

I've never played a lego game.. but a little birdy in another forum mentioned the game so maybe i will check it out on redbox if they have it.. or maybe something used from game stop if the price is reasonable

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355711907' post='1266404']
I've never played a lego game.. but a little birdy in another forum mentioned the game so maybe i will check it out on redbox if they have it.. or maybe something used from game stop if the price is reasonable
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]You gotta hit the 'quote' button brother, making it hard on an old man like me chasing you all over these forums. :P[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I'm 30 years old, and I play Lego games -- that should speak to how fun these games are.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Right now, I've got another 60 gold bricks, 12 red bricks and 22 more citizens in peril to save.[/i][/font]

[quote name='xx Behind Enemy Lines xx' timestamp='1355744942' post='1267358']
i'll hit that 30 mark February 1st if the world doesnt end on 12-21 that is lol
[/quote]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I'll be thirty-one on the 21st of March. UH HUH! OH YEAH! Who's almost a full-year older? ME!! :P[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]By the way, only 12 more gold bricks left in the game... and one more character to unlock... who could it be that requires me to have all 250 gold bricks?[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Better be worth it.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]I've only got 746,000,000 studs.[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]Lord Of The Rings.... AWESOME!!![/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]"No Mr. Gandalf, I ain't been dropping no eaves. Promise." -- Samwise Gamgee[/i][/font]

[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif][i]My only problem with this game thus far, playing as the entire fellowship at once... makes it difficult to switch to the character you need/want.[/i][/font]